InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

New tourne coming up at 1250p, Skulltaker or not ??
Chaos4reaL
Posted: Feb 8 2012, 10:13 AM

Pleasureseeker

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,616

New tourne, new list. Iīm expecting to face the toughest possible lists at 1250p since there are not list rules (Standard GW rules of course). Iīm going with my previous choice of no shooting and focus on C.C instead. This is a first draft but feels real nice, like having 4 troops but coundīt fit them in with Skulltaker. Never played Skulltaker in a tourne so Iīm abit unsure what Iīm getting. Instant death is níce on all his wounds but with all those inv saves around do they really do anything vs caracters/HQ?? But if nor Skulltaker what? Great unclean one? A herald and one more troops choice? Talk to me.

HQ
Skulltaker, jugger (edited) 175p

Elite
7x Crushers, icon, instrument, fury 360p
6x Fiends, might 180p
6x Fiends, might 180p

Troops
10x Bletters 160p
10x Bletters 160p
5x Plaguebearers 75p
1250p
deviant cadaver
Posted: Feb 8 2012, 05:07 PM

Daemon Prince

Member No.: 2,377

Id make a unit of blood letters onto 5 Plaguebearers. Then use the extra points to increase the other unit of letters.

Id put Skull taker on a crusher or trade him for a Tzherald.
JonathanC
Posted: Feb 8 2012, 08:16 PM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,672

I agree with the Troops changes. Skulltaker doesn't cost 175pts normally so I'm assuming he is mounted on a Jugger already and Chaos4reaL forgot to mention it. Either way he probably would be better on one.

--------------------
Come on Tzeentch!

Do you like words and pictures arranged together to tell a story? If so, check out my battle report thread here.
Chaos4reaL
Posted: Feb 9 2012, 11:09 AM

Pleasureseeker

True that, Skulltaker is on a jugger. Forgot to write it down. My plan from the get go was 4 units of troops but I couldnīt muster the points when my elite slots were filled. I could go with a cheaper HQ choice or drop 2 crushers? Never really played Skulltaker so I am unsure about him in this list as already said. Do 7 crushers rock that much harder then 5? Last tournie I didnīt field any PBs just Bletters and netts and I loved being able to C.C with all my units. Would really love to have 1-2 x 10 Nettes ans 1-2 x 10 Bletters total 3 x 10 C.C oriented troop choices but I donīt see that with present list. Or can you find a way?
Chaos4reaL
Posted: Feb 12 2012, 05:31 AM

Pleasureseeker

Made some changes to the list before my first trial run.

HQ
Herald of Tzeentch, might, jugger 120p

Elite
7x Crushers, icon, instrument 350p
6x Fiends 180p
6x Fiends 180p

Troops
10x Bletters 160p
10x Bletters 160p
10x Daemonettes 140p
1250p

Played SW with Logan, 3x 5 Wolfguard in pods. Got a clean wipe not much trubble at all. Not much to tell about the game really it was over by round 2 when my crushers took out Logan and his entourage and my bletters took out an other unit of guards. Next few games will be vs Tau and nids, not ideal for me but will be good trial runs for me.
deviant cadaver
Posted: Feb 12 2012, 05:30 PM

Daemon Prince

QUOTE (Chaos4reaL @ Feb 12 2012, 05:31 AM)
HQ

Id make it a herald of Nurgle with soul devourer,might and noxious touch on a jugger as long as you are mixing and matching.

Other then that the list looks strong , but tau will be a real test of it.

If you screen the fiends right I could see them being the all stars of the list.
JonathanC
Posted: Feb 12 2012, 07:59 PM

Greater Daemon

Yeah looks pretty good to me too. The only thing I'd be worried about would be Dreadnoughts, particuarly AV13 ones like Ironclads and, ironically, Soul Grinders. You'll be relying on your Fiends to deal with them as little else in your army will be able to.

--------------------
Come on Tzeentch!

Do you like words and pictures arranged together to tell a story? If so, check out my battle report thread here.
deviant cadaver
Posted: Feb 13 2012, 02:18 AM

Daemon Prince

Fiends could hit and run out , but he is right with out even fury on the crusher you could be in trouble if they got tied up.

Could drop a crusher for fury and a screamer or 20 or could just play really smart.
Chaos4reaL
Posted: Feb 14 2012, 10:52 AM

Pleasureseeker

Second test yesterday. Small change on my list

HQ

Elite
6x Crushers, icon, instrument, fury 320p
6x Fiends, might 190p
6x Fiends, might 190p

Troops
10x Bletters, fury 170p
10x Bletters 160p
10x Daemonettes 140p
1250p

Now I have better tankpopping power, only one unit that canīt pen tanks at AV10 and all my elite units have better allocation. Seem as a good swap.
New test wasnīt really a new test as my "blind date", friend ocf a friend at the clubb, played SW Logan Wolfguard =))
This time it was a clean wipe in round 3 and only 13 bletters, 2 crushers and 2 fiends killed! So Terminators I can do! Next time Iīm not playing vs Logan.
JonathanC
Posted: Feb 14 2012, 08:51 PM

Greater Daemon

Well that should avoid you getting completely stuffed by AV12 or better walkers now, which is great. If you can deal with a Terminator army thats a good sign, just have to see how you can handle a more mobile army or horde.

--------------------
Come on Tzeentch!

spifferson
Posted: Feb 25 2012, 03:29 PM

Lil' Nurgling

Member No.: 2,853

Every time I try to incorporate Daemonettes into my Khorne and Slaanesh army I find that I am unimpressed with there performance.
I generally play at 1500 points and was always trying to squeeze in 2 squads of letters and 1 nettes but lately I have had a go with 2 large packs of letters. So far so good, its only 2 troop choices but they get the job done.
spifferson
Posted: Feb 25 2012, 03:33 PM

Lil' Nurgling

Member No.: 2,853

Something to consider. In no way have I field tested this.

2 Heralds of Khorne on juggers
-can mix and match attaching them to crushers and bloodletter squads

4 Crushers, full command
6fiends
6fiends

2 squads of bloodletters with the remaining points.
Chaos4reaL
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 08:38 AM

Pleasureseeker

@ Spifferson. Very nice indead, I will shortly post a list with Heralds Of Khorne as a backbone. Check it out and see what you think.

I would have fielded my 1250p list today if not my babysitter cancelled on my late last night. Since the tourney was held localy I payed my respects and made a short visit. Was devistated to see that my list would have rocked and had a very good chance at a total win at the tourney!! Out of 16 lists competing only 3 would have been bad draws for my (2 GK and 1 DE). All the other lists were marines with the badsest list IMO were on with 2 dreads, 2 attack bikes, 2 rhinos w. ass marines and 2 devastater squads but even that would have been a win I think. But what you gonna do!
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1183 seconds | Archive