InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Daemonic Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Problems with switching from Daemons
FatherKnowsBest
Posted: Dec 20 2011, 11:34 PM

Bloodletter

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,834

To All-

I played Blood Angels (for a larf, and proxied as I have vanilla Marines) tonight versus another Blood Angels player. I lost in the very end, but one thing really struck me was just how hard a time I had playing MEQ after nothing but Daemons for the past 6-7 months. Although I may not like certain aspects of the codex, Daemons are so much more fun for me to play with now.

Do any of you play any other army, and if so, what, and do you have any suggestions on switching back and forth (aside from not doing it)?

Thanks.
Marandamir
Posted: Dec 21 2011, 12:57 AM

Pleasureseeker

Member No.: 2,878

I play 4 armies (demons, tau, blood angels, and orks). I have a semi-short attention span with certain aspects of gaming. So I enjoy playing varied and different armies and styles. I will stick with one for a few months then swap out. To me it keeps burnout and a bit of boredom from setting in.

Swapping armies tho has its disadvantages. If you play a rock solid player who focuses on his army, he will be REALLY good with that army. he'll know all the special rules and weapons. He knows how to effectively general the army as well. Swapping armies means you drop outta one mindset into another. You will make stupid mistakes cuz you don't know the capabilities that well and it can be frustrating.

So I suggest picking an alternative army that interests you and learn em well. Proxy play small games to get the feel of them. If they don't 'fit' then try another army. Once you find a fit of what you like then play them exclusively for a bit so you know their strengths and weaknesses. You'll find then it won't be as hard swapping over to them or back to demons when you get the itch.
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Dec 23 2011, 04:15 PM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,601

I play 'Nids as my primary 40K army currently, and switching from them to ANYTHING is just weird, because they play so differently from any other army. I do miss my old CSM army though. Good ol' power armor is something that you don't really appreciate until you don't get it anymore!

--------------------
Demons need love too...hugs for everyone!
(>^_^)>

When life gives you lemons, BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

8th Edition W/D/L Records with Daemons:
- 7th ed book: 21/1/5
- 8th ed book: 11/0/2
Chaos4reaL
Posted: Dec 26 2011, 07:02 AM

Pleasureseeker

Member No.: 2,616

Here here. Swithed to ultras resently and have a hell of a time getting them to work for me. Deamons are one of a kind for sure.
Marandamir
Posted: Dec 27 2011, 11:14 AM

Pleasureseeker

Member No.: 2,878

QUOTE (Noisy Assassin @ Dec 23 2011, 04:15 PM)
I play 'Nids as my primary 40K army currently, and switching from them to ANYTHING is just weird, because they play so differently from any other army. I do miss my old CSM army though. Good ol' power armor is something that you don't really appreciate until you don't get it anymore!

I dunno. I like the idea of 3+ armor, but my rolling and that particular save just don't like each other. That is why I don't really enjoy playing marines as much as other armies. You pay for power armor, which should keep your marines alive quite a while. Then you roll and fail 2/3 saves instead of 1/3 you really get annoyed with that armor save, prolly cuz you rely on it so heavily.

That is why I like orks or nids. You only care about cover saves and you have plenty of models to soak up hits. To me a higher model count just seems better than a lower count and better save. Just my opinion tho.

Now, terminator armor tho tongue.gif Now that stuff is da bomb!
Zechs
Posted: Dec 28 2011, 08:40 AM

Pleasureseeker

Member No.: 2,810

QUOTE (Marandamir @ Dec 27 2011, 07:14 PM)
QUOTE (Noisy Assassin @ Dec 23 2011, 04:15 PM)

I dunno. I like the idea of 3+ armor, but my rolling and that particular save just don't like each other. That is why I don't really enjoy playing marines as much as other armies. You pay for power armor, which should keep your marines alive quite a while. Then you roll and fail 2/3 saves instead of 1/3 you really get annoyed with that armor save, prolly cuz you rely on it so heavily.

That is why I like orks or nids. You only care about cover saves and you have plenty of models to soak up hits. To me a higher model count just seems better than a lower count and better save. Just my opinion tho.

Now, terminator armor tho tongue.gif Now that stuff is da bomb!

Funny. I have the exact same issue with power armour, and it is only magnified with terminators. Somehow though I still have 2 marine armies (Iron Warriors & Thousand Sons) and keep playing them.

But yes, horde armies are awesome. I loved playing nids and foot guard. If only daemons were a bit hordier...

--------------------
JonathanC
Posted: Jan 2 2012, 12:23 PM

Greater Daemon

Member No.: 2,672

I don't seem to have any problems switching to other armies unless its one I very rarely use like Orks or Guard. I find I can usually switch between Daemons, Marines, Eldar and Necrons without too many problems.

Playing Daemons is definitely unlike playing any other army though....

--------------------
Come on Tzeentch!

Do you like words and pictures arranged together to tell a story? If so, check out my battle report thread here.
bloodlord7
Posted: Mar 15 2012, 06:13 AM

Lil' Nurgling

Member No.: 3,086

I my self switch from Daemon's to Ultramarine's and try to get the hang of the different strategy's until I get used to it then I just switch back to the other army.But I play Daemons more.

--------------------
blood for the blood god skulls for the skull throne let the daemons of Khorne destroy the land and harvest the souls of the pure!
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1394 seconds | Archive