so I finally got a list together for the next tournament. There are some things I'm doubtful about though and that's why I'm asking you guys to rip the list apart :) .
I'm going to add the plan behind each unit seperately, so you know what I'm trying to get out of the unit.
1) HoT: general, MoS Light, spell breaker:
Central behind the units of bloodletters. One of the characters must be the general and I expect him to be in the most safe position. Light to buff the nearby units.
2) HoT: MoS Fire, spell breaker.
Adding a second scroll makes me feel more relax. Fire, because mostly I'm playing with 2 units of flamers and he could dish out a lot of ranged damage early on. He's the wizard I'll be using in the early stages of the game. I'll try the fulminating flame cage with the siren song too :ph43r:
3) HoK: Firestorm blade, AoK. He'll join the endless war BL. The other unit of BL must ask help from the Light HoT ;)
4) HoS: siren song: To mess up plans. I enjoy the possibilities it gives, 1 well placed can win me the battle or at least provide huge points.
1) 34 Bloodletters: FC, icon of endless war: main hammer
2) 34 Bloodletters: standard, mus: second hammer, supported by the light HoT.
3) 13 Daemonettes: Banner, mus, siren standard.
This is the unit which concerns me a bit. It's 199 pts for 13 models. I need it though as bunker for my HoS. I'd like them to hunt small annoying units like salamanders,harpies, scouts, sabretusks, small support units. They still have 24 attack with always strike first... Still, 199 pts,... They go on a flank mostly. They were bigger in my first list, but had to reduce the BL to afford them. They were at 19, but I guess I would have forced them in awkward situations
4) 10 horrors: mus. Bunker for the Light HoT. Adding anothe, albeit random, missile or a channel might prove worth something. Putting 2 HoT in a unit of flamers was too risky too...
5) 5 furies: screen or mainly, to block an unwaned charge or march pattern. Would've liked 2.
1) 6 flamers: go on a flank, joined by the fire HoT.
2) 6 fiends: I took them to either attack a weak flank or support a charge in the flank. They add a lot of speed an attacks on a small frontage.
So I steered away from my Khorne/Tzeentch theme this time to add some variety and tactics. I think it has some potential, albeit more fragile than only taking huge blocks of core troops. I tried to include some stuff like ranged damage and the 'nettes/fiends to be able to play more relax. To get some points from a distance, perhaps forcing my opponent to advance too reklessly, while the BL close in for the difference.
I'm eagerly awaiting some reactions!
Would drop the horrors and beef up the Daemonette unit. 4+ look out sir and +4 ward, on the HoT should be enough. Maybe split Fiends in a unit of 4 and 2, more chaff and deployment. 4 have worked like a charm for my lately, they have high I and seem to win alot of though matchups.
Lore of fire is awsome, but with this kind of list I would consider Lore of metal for the big nasty things you will have trouble wounding. Use theire armour save against them.
My two cents.
I agree with dropping the Horrors. Bunkers aren't really necessary for the Tzeralds. If you keep the 'Nettes small then they probably want the Rapturous Standard instead of the Siren Standard. You want them to be able to hold for a turn when you Siren Song, adn for that you need the banner or more bodies.
I like the Horrors, and having somewhere to hide your general is always a good idea (having had 2 Heralds sniped out of units by cannons in one game the other day I really wouldn't trust a 4+ Look out sir! roll to protect them). You could put the points into more Daemonettes and that second Fury unit you wanted if you feel you can do without them though.
Since the main point of the HoS is to mess with the enemy, and the main point of the Daemonettes is to be a bunker and hunt chaff, have you considered swapping them entirely for equal points-ish of Seekers? They would perform the hunting/disruption role much better in my view thanks to their vanguard move, and with the Banner of Ecstasy have almost as good a chance of delaying the enemy for a turn.