This is historically my favorite GT on the East coast by far. I can very highly reccomend it. http://thecolonialgt.com/forums/index.php
MOVING TO ATLANTIC CITY!!!!!!!
Colonial GT 2010 will be at the Sheraton in Atlantic City
COLONIAL GT 2010
DATE: April 9,10 & 11 2010
LOCATION: Sheraton Hotel, Atlantic City, NJ
Rooms: $179.00/ night
Room Reservations under Colonial GT
Link for Hotel Reservations will be posted Shortly
Registrations will be done by emailing me at Ismellcheese AT comcast.net. I will start taking registrations the first week of January 2010. NOT BEFORE!! To secure your registration we must receive your registration fee ($90) before 10 March 2010. You can send your registration fee can be sent via paypal Myorkjyork@comcast.net or mailed via snail mail to:
25 Goodwin Pkwy
Sewell, NJ 08080
For those who do not send in their registration fee prior to 10 March 2010, your spot WILL be given to a person on the waiting list.
Maximum number of participants - 110. A waiting list will start after 110.
1. You must bring a 2250 pt army using the most current army list for your army. Warhammer Fantasy 7th Edition rules will be used. Bring 3 Objective Tokens.
2. No special characters will be allowed. No appendix/back of the book army lists are allowed. Warmonger's Chaos Dwarf book will be allowed! Armies lists posted in White Dwarf are approved for use. Requirements of Special Characters to use these lists is waived. Ravening Hordes lists are allowed. Army lists must be submitted by 15 March 2010. Email them to Ismellcheese@Comcast.net If you have a question, please ask.
3. All of the most recent rules errata/modifications are in effect. All Direwolf FAQs are official. The word of the Tournament Judges is final.
4. WYSIWYG models are required. Please no complicated proxy armies or trees that are demons, etc. Painted armies ARE REQUIRED.
5. Bring everything you will need to play: measuring device, dice, templates, army lists, rules.
6. Good sportsmanship is important. Violations of this philosophy will have consequences.
7. There are 4 scoring components: Battle, Sportsmanship, Army Composition, Army Appearance. Battle is base solely on win/loss/tie. Sportsmanship is completely judged by your opponents after the game is over. Army Composition and Army Appearance have both a player-judged component and a tournament official-judged component. Scoring for Comp and Painting will use a check list and a Panel of "GT Veterans".
There will be 6 awards:
Best Overall is a combination of all 4 categories. Sportsmanship will be the tie breaker.
Best Sportsmanship is based on the Sportsmanship score given you by your opponents with bonus points for being listed as Best Opponent. Army Composition will be the tie breaker.
Best General is based on Battle Points. Sportsmanship will be the tie breaker.
Best Army is a combination of Army Composition and Army Appearance. Sportsmanship will be the tie breaker.
Players Choice - Voted on by the players
Misfire is for the player with the worst luck. Submit these as they happen. Tournament organizers will be final Judge.
9. The tournament will consist of 5 games, 3 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. The games will be scored 15/10/5 for win/draw/loss + up to 5 points for victory conditions specific to each scenario. A win is 300 pts or more. Bonus points will be given out depending upon each scenario.
10. Pairing for the 1st and 2nd game will be determined by Judge based Army Composition. Hard armies will face hard armies, Fluffy Bunnies will face Fluffy Bunnies etc. After that, a modified Swiss System will be used to determine pairings, i.e. you will be playing opponents with similar Battle scores.
11. Scenarios will be used for the first four rounds and Pitched Battle will be use for the last round. Scenarios will NOT be posted prior to the event.
Schedule of Events:
Day 1: Friday Night:
5:00 pm 7:00 Room Set Up
7:00 - Open Gaming.
Day 2: Saturday
7:30 8:30 Table Pairings
8:45 9:00 Initial Pairing Announcements
9:00 11:30 Round 1
11:30 12:50 Lunch Break
1:00 3:30 Round 2
3:30 4:00 Break
4:00 6:30 Round 3
6:30 pm Players Choice voting
7:00 pm Open Gaming / Charater BASH
7:00 pm WING BOWL TWO!!
Day 3: Sunday
7:45 8:00 Pairing assignments, general milling about.
9:30 12:00 Round 4
12:00 1:00 Lunch
1:00 3:30 Round 5
3:30 4:15 Final tabulations / Room clean up
4:15 4:30 Award Ceremonies