zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Greek Turkish Affairs Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

What should be the new fighter of HAF ?
Lord
Posted: Feb 22 2009, 11:41 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

F-18 Hornet
JSF
Eurofighter
Raphale
Gripen

Tell me your opinion....
In a few days i will add for each plane infos.
The above airplanes are suggested for the new EMBAE

Regards
OYK1
Posted: Aug 27 2009, 11:32 PM

Sergeant

Group: Members
Member No.: 92

LORD,

It has been a long time. Too long. I believe the EPA should receive the Typhoon, largely because it would give them a performance advantage over the THK's fighters, including the F-35 when they receive it. It is compatible with most of the EPA's weapons in its inventory, such as SCALP and AIM-120. I would say 40-60 to replace the F-4Es and later 40 more to replace the F-16 BL.30s. I would say use them strictly for air supremacy and leave FGA duties to M2000s and F-16 Bl. 50/52s. GIve them Link-16 MIDS linking them to the EMB-145s and their strict mission would be to attack enemy fighter aircraft.

OYK1
Thermopyles
Posted: Mar 31 2010, 10:28 PM

Major General

Group: Admin
Member No.: 40

I have a great article from "statigiki" that compares the Typhoon to the JSF. All I can say is :roflmao: . The M2000-5MKII will distroy the JSF in a dog fight, we dont need Typhoons for that. The JSF has only one role, but its a crucial one. Its designed for an attacking force, not defending. Its a first strike weapon, designed to be used first before a war starts to take out the most sensitive targets.

Extremely limited payload and dog-fight capabilities render it useless after the initial suprise attack. I think the Turks made a great choice with this plane, a true waiste of money :lol: . Once we get S-400 that detect stealth (for the fraction of the cost of a JSF), TUAF JSF will be only a very expensive trainer.

Every single country that odered JSF already has a AD fighter. Not the Turks. we already have AD/AtG fighters, so wheather we go for Rafale or Typhoon, it wont matter to us, they can both do the work of 4 F-16's or 3 JSF.

I like the Typhoon, I've seen one in operation. IMPRESSIVE!!!! Its the BMW of the skies. one hell of a bird. But for 3 Typhoons we can get 4 Rafale's. This requires some thought. But its certainly donw to Typhoon/ Rafale. All the others are outdated/Not for our needs.

Cheers!
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0408 seconds · Archive