This skin was originally created by Kazuki of the IF Skin Zone
Banner and bars by Sulherokhh

zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to War Of The Silmarils. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Member Legend:
Admin
Development Team
Hosted
Beta Tester

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Warhawks Modding Reviews For Bfme2 And R:tw, Crazy Mods, Cool Mods, Awesome Mods.....
P-40_Warhawk
Posted: Mar 1 2007, 11:52 AM

Marchwarden Of Doriath

Group: Admin
Member No.: 67

I gave them credit for doing it well..... but most people who use mods want added content.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Siggie by Alensis!
el kevo
Posted: Mar 1 2007, 11:46 PM

ILLUVATAR'S FAVIROTE PUPIL

Group: Development Team
Member No.: 69

just wanted to know if i should download it. what would you give the first one

--------------------
user posted image
I KNOW I'M BACK

user posted image
user posted image
P-40_Warhawk
Posted: Mar 2 2007, 01:54 AM

Marchwarden Of Doriath

I dont know much about it, but I think it includes lots of models for an Elven faction, and it is done as well as 2. I think that getting ES1 would be worth a try.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Siggie by Alensis!
zimoo
Posted: Mar 2 2007, 09:12 AM

Mod Leader

Member No.: 1

Personally, I believe ES1 to be a great mod. It's content might not be as high quality as that of say, Elven Alliance, but it is still a very fun mod (especially when playing online).

--------------------
user posted image

Now it is a strange thing, but things that are good to have and days that are good  to spend are soon told about, and not much to listen to; while things that are uncomfortable, palpitating, and even gruesome, may make a good tale, and take a deal of telling anyway.

galadriel3.gif
Sulherokhh
Posted: Mar 4 2007, 01:06 PM

Outlawed

Group: Members
Member No.: 5

Response to EM2 review:

Who looks at code when playing the game! biggrin.gif
Seriously, the mod didn't come as far as it could have. Without much graphical change - not much of an impact.
QUOTE (zimoo @ Mar 1 2007, 10:15 AM)
A bit harsh on their coders maybe, who I think did a great job with it.

I don't feel harshly treated. wink.gif But thanx for jumping to our defense.

Anymore reviews Warhawk? Nicely done.

--------------------
user posted image
zimoo
Posted: Mar 4 2007, 01:54 PM

Mod Leader

Member No.: 1

True, without modelers/skinners mods won't get very far.

--------------------
user posted image

Now it is a strange thing, but things that are good to have and days that are good  to spend are soon told about, and not much to listen to; while things that are uncomfortable, palpitating, and even gruesome, may make a good tale, and take a deal of telling anyway.

galadriel3.gif
P-40_Warhawk
Posted: May 2 2007, 10:00 PM

Marchwarden Of Doriath

Finally! After a rest it's time for another review!

This time we are looking at "The four ages mod" beta!

What the hell is this about?
The Four ages mod is a mod for BFME2, and it doesnt support ROTWK!!!!! Good news for us sensible players over at WOTS.... T4A mod is the second mod to be based on The Silmarillion. This first beta includes a completed Angband plus some hidden extras.......

Meat and Potato time!
T4A Mod Beta showcases Angband, a very dark faction..... if you want to examine the models I suggest you play on a bright map!
After loading Angband on "The Shire" I first noticed that there is a new fortress model..... good news! And a shadow of what is to come... In fact.. almost every model is new! The only exceptions seem to be the Balrogs, and some minor bits and pieces.
Angband is a large faction, along with the basic core faction you can purchase Easterling and Dol-in-Guraith minifactions. The core has lots of spamming units, along with spies, and some very heavy late game units! Orcs, a troll, Balrog, and Dragon is what you will find, along with some others! You will also find two heroes, a light and a heavy. The Easterlings are a smaller and cheaper faction with one hero and several units, one archer, one axe, and one beserker. The main advantage of these is speed. nce the upgrade is bought, your units will FLY across the screen! (I suspect that this will be slowed a little in future versions) D-I-G is a powerful minifaction. Not only do you get a very interesting interpretation of Sauron (in his fair form) but you get tortured souls, ghosts of Saurons victims. However the main bulk of the units are creatures. Wolves, werewolves, wolf riders, vampire bats, this is a good way to sweep over your enemy. In addition to ALL this you will also find that you inn units are corrupted elves. These are single units of the elves that were used by Melkor to create his orcs (although the accuracy of this is STILL debated) Very interesting, and it randomizes between either a standard Noldor troop anda stealthy ranger type troop.
In the mod you will also find Anarion in the Men faction.... although I dont know why he would be included in a mod based on the First Age..... In the elven faction you get one new unit, Ethyr Battalion. (Any information on this Zimoo?) Plus the excellent representation of Fingolfin. Check this hero out! VERY NICE! Lastly, you will find several maps. Curivien, Gondolin, Thangdrom, and Sirion (This represents Tol-In-Guraith) The maps are nicely done, although in Gondolin there is very little flat land to build the large resource buildings on.
Conclusions......
A great beta with plenty to look at. This looks to be a very good mod, and I cant wait until its finished. (Although I still like WOTS better! lol) I'm glad to see that there are other major mods for the stock BFME2 in progress still.

Warhawks Rating: 4.5 out of 5

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Siggie by Alensis!
Juissi
Posted: May 3 2007, 09:02 AM

Guard Of The King

Group: Members
Member No.: 3

Very nice review, those are pretty much everything that Im thinking too.

--------------------
user posted image
P-40_Warhawk
Posted: May 3 2007, 10:49 AM

Marchwarden Of Doriath

Update to FA:TW!!!!
Patch 1.9-
This patch balences the mod a little more and adds some units. What you may be very happy to find included is dwarves! Rohan gets one dwarven hammer unit at the start of the game, and rebels can access an axe unit as well. There is also another historical mission included "The First Battle of Isen" from just before the timeframe of LOTR. Because of this mission Isengard also includes Warg Riders and Warg Archers! Very Nice!

Warhawks Review: 4 out of 5

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Siggie by Alensis!
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0364 seconds · Archive