1. I started by cropping my chosen image into a 100x100 canvas. Try to use an image with similar original colouring, or this tut will probably go horribly wrong. ;)
2. Duplicate base, set to Screen 100%.
3. Duplicate base, set to Soft Light 100%.
4. Duplicate base, set to Luminosity 100%.
5. New Brightness/Contrast layer.
6. Take a large soft brush and add a white spot to your focal point. Set to Normal 80%.
7. Add a Photo Filter layer: Cooling Filter (82) at 25% Density. Check the 'Preserve Luminosity' box.
8. Add a Colour Balance layer. Check the 'Preserve Luminosity' box.
MIDTONES –25 +7 –25
HIGHLIGHTS –25 +7 + 25
9. Add a Hue/Saturation layer.
MASTER 0 +25 0
10. Add Brightness/Contrast layers to lower the brightness and the contrast. Use a layer mask with a large soft brush to blot out the middle, so the layer only works on the outside of the icon.Add your text and ... ALL DONE!