Bring out the vibrancy in your graphics!
Today we’re going to be recreating the coloring used on the following icons and banner
Start with my basics for any graphic.
- Duplicate base.
- Sharpen top layer.
- Lower opacity of sharpened layer to somewhere between 60%-80%. This will prevent sharp edges, while still giving an overall sharpen.
- Merge these layers.
- Duplicate merged base. Set to multiply
- Duplicate again and set to screen.
- Fiddle with these as needed. Sometimes you may need to add an extra multiply layer or lower the opacity of the screen.
- Add a curves layer. Set the points on the curve to this...
Red – 92, 76 and 165, 179
Green – 95, 92 and 181,175
Blue – 54, 57 and 185, 170
- Add a hue/saturation layer. Raise the saturation to 38
- Add a Color Balance Layer. Set the settings to this:
Shadows: 1, 6, 4
Midtones: -18, 0, 2
Highlights: -2, 4, 4
Make sure “Preserve Luminosity” is checked
The .psd is available here