InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to THE SHOW MUST GO ON.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

new replynew topicnew poll

i've got friends in all the right places, yo, kris.
Mike L. Chang
Posted: Jul 19 2010, 03:52 AM

Group: STUDENT.
Member No.: 138

DIRTY ON THE GROUND IS WHAT I SEE
I NEED ANOTHER REASON WHY, I NEED ANOTHER REASON TELL ME TO BREATHE
THE DIRTIER THE SOUND THE BEST I BREATHE

I TRIED TO DO IT ALL FOR YOU
Despite his inarguable position as one of McKinley High’s most-fun-to-be-around football players (and if anyone did try to dispute it, there would likely be a hug war that ended in the dispute-bringer’s ultimate defeat) there were times that Mike Chang spent alone. Shock and surprise, as Lima was too small of a town to even spit in without someone feeling the backsplash. But it did happen. And anyone who knew anything about anything would consider right now one of those times. Silently leafing through compact discs, because even as digital as the world got Mike still loved hard copies, alphabetized in some sort of organized-by-genre mess, the youth found himself overwhelmed with trying to remember what he had versus what he came here for versus what he now wanted.

This always happened. He would come looking for one specific album by one artist, forget all about it, and leave with five he had no intention or knowledge of before entering the store. But hey, if music be the food of love, play on. Currently he was somewhere in the “L” section of the hip-hop section and was beyond confused of where he started and where he left off. It seemed a lot of artists enjoyed the use of the shortened version of ‘little’ making it even hard to tell where one stack began and one stack ended. Was half of this even considered hip-hop? Maybe he was better off with some less confusing musical taste. Perhaps pop or punk or maybe even gospel. Okay, probably not gospel, but a step away from hip-hop might have been a good idea.

Pushing the stacks back into their upright and proper position, Mike stepped away and into the land of pop music. Naturally, he was rather skilled in remember names of songs and artists except for when it came to this genre. It wasn’t his fault that the radio was only of interest to him during certain portions of the day and the only few artists he could name off the top of his head were all blonde, thin females who said “baby” repeatedly in their lyrics. Oh, and Justin Bieber, but Mike supposed he counted as one of those blonde, thin, baby-repeating females too.

Looking confused, as though he had just stepped foot on a foreign planet, Mike brought a hand up to rub at the back of his neck. It was a nervous habit, he supposed, rubbing at the warm flesh of his neck and up into his hair like something there was on fire and he was trying to smother it with his palm. Maybe pop music was a bad idea after all. Maybe he should have gone with filthy gangster rap or converted himself over to the gospel section. His mom would like that, certainly. Actually, she probably wouldn’t, she kind of liked Mike’s taste in music and was often at Mike’s door asking him to repeat a song for her because she liked the beat. Also that he needed to turn it up and stop knocking things over because she couldn’t hear the song over all his noise. Typical.

IT DIDN'T DO ANYTHING FOR ME
'CAUSE I'VE GOT FRIENDS IN ALL THE RIGHT PLACES I KNOW WHAT THEY WANT AND I KNOW THEY DON'T WANT ME TO STAY
hey, so this thing is tagged for kris and it's 521 words long. my character is wearing lol as if I care, and those lyrics? they're by manchester orchestra. oh and by the way, this thread template was made by TURN YOU ON ! @ caution 2.0, so don't you steal. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------
user posted image
Loren J. Ericson
Posted: Jul 19 2010, 05:13 AM

the Incredible Hulk

Member No.: 88

user posted image
wish right now yeah,
I could use a dream or a genie or a wish

Loren was at work and hating every minute of it. Groamy's wasn't exactly the most popular place in Lima, although it certainly got more customers than some places. Still, it was generally slow boring work and honestly, Loren got tired of being there at all hours of the day. It paid well for a crummy job, so he tried not to complain too often. His work day usually consisted of standing behind the checkout counter watching people mill about the store until someone approached him with a question, or looked lost enough to need some help. The labels could get pretty confusing if you stared at them too long and it wasn't uncommon for Britney Spears to be stuck between LL Cool J and Lil Wayne.

Today was an extremely slow day as there were two people in the store. Two. Loren and one Mike Chang. Loren had come across Mike a few times. After all, jocks were generally aware of each other even if they weren't friends. Of all the jocks, Mike was probably the most fun to be around because he was Mike freaking Chang and he had that ability. Maybe it was the fact that Mike wasn't a prick like a good majority of the football players. Yeah, that was probably why Loren thought he was fun. He wasn't a complete Neanderthal. It was rare among the jocks to be the true definition of cool and not the immature high school definition that applied only because you are on a sports team. Mike Change was definitely a really cool person, and not just jock cool.

Eager for a monotonous break in the boredom of his work day, Loren stepped out from behind the counter and walked over to where Mike was surfing the shelves. It wasn't until he got closer to the other boy that he noticed his confusion. Not that said confusion was surprising at all, give the state of popular music these days. Honestly, how many "lil wannabe rappers" did the world need? Chuckling softly at the look on Mike's face, Loren turned to the case and began idly rearranging the cds. Gaga did not belong near Bow Wow, and neither of them belonged near Los Hombres. None of those cds belonged in the T section of the Pop Area.

"You finding everything okay, Mike?" Sure, that wasn't exactly the best conversation started but he was at work. It was best to get the unpleasantries out of the way now.

this post is 418 words long. i'd like to say finally, Loren has purpose again. credit for this lovely thing goes to template @ Beautiful Disaster at CAUTION. lyrics; airplanes by B.O.B. my character is wearing this.

--------------------
user posted image
thanks to Gem for the set...
Mike L. Chang
Posted: Jul 20 2010, 03:37 AM

Loren was right, Mike was way in over his head in this section of music. Probably all sections of music if not properly researched prior to shopping. His confusion was obvious to anyone who gave him a two second glance and as he and Loren were the only people in the store he was sure that the other had picked up on it before approaching him. He didn’t feel stupid being so confused in the CD store. It wasn’t as though he couldn’t properly navigate his way around or that he’d never been here before. It was simply that he didn’t know what he was looking for or what he wanted. And that, in and of itself, was something that was easily frustrating.

“No, man, I’m not.” But hey, could he be blamed? “No big deal though, didn’t come looking for anything particular.” He turned to face Loren, having already known it was him by the voice, besides he’d known Loren worked here and had spotted him upon his arrival. Who else was going to approach him? Some elderly man seeking out the golden oldies and needed assistance from the nearest stranger who could read the labels clearly? Actually, some Frank Sinatra didn’t sound like a bad idea, even though he wasn’t sure if that classified as “golden oldies” or not.

“What about you? Working hard? Hardly working? Slacking off, wishing the day would end so you can go home and wish you had something better to do?” Teasing, Mike dropped his hand from the back of his neck and dug it deep into his pocket for a change. His bad habit could only be suppressed by hiding his hands and even that sometimes didn’t work. It wasn’t as though he was ashamed of it or that it was a nasty habit, he just started to look a little funny rubbing his neck every time he got a little nervous, or confused in this case. “What should I buy, be dissatisfied with, and then pirate something else from the internet later instead?” Hey, if anyone knew, it had to be Loren. He did work at Groamy’s, after all. “Or, less boring, what’ve you been up to?” What a good boy Mike was, providing options for topics of conversation. He imagined Loren didn’t always like helping people find what they wanted to buy or suggesting things to them. Chances were he wouldn’t either.

'CAUSE I'VE GOT FRIENDS IN ALL THE RIGHT PLACES I KNOW WHAT THEY WANT AND I KNOW THEY DON'T WANT ME TO STAY
hey, so this thing is tagged for kris and it's 402 words long. my character is wearing lol clothes, and those lyrics? they're by manchester orchestra. oh and by the way, this thread template was made by TURN YOU ON ! @ caution 2.0, so don't you steal. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------
user posted image
Loren J. Ericson
Posted: Jul 28 2010, 04:55 AM

the Incredible Hulk

user posted image
wish right now yeah,

This is why Mike Chang was cool. He understood the fundamental laws of working when it really had no purpose. His presence offered the most entertainment Loren would see for the day. Thus, he listened quietly as Mike spoke, understanding on an unspoken level that there was no real purpose for being Groamy’s today. It was just where the other boy had ended up and now that he was here, the guy had decided to occupy himself.

Mike was also pretty good at conversation, whereas Loren wasn’t. He wasn’t the most socially forward person, despite being the gangly violent teenaged boy he was. Loren was a punch first ask questions when he comes to sort of guy. Talking, unless it was with people he knew well, didn’t really go beyond the necessity of “hello. The bathroom is outside this room.” You guessed it. Loren’s a prick. A loveable teddy bear prick, but a prick nonetheless.

The answers to Mike’s questions were simple. Not much more than the normal had occurred in Loren’s life. Which meant it had been a lot of gun waving and continual threats from his father, silence from his mother, and moping over how he’d screwed his love life. Of course, the boy knew that Mike Chang probably had no idea what normal was for him and even if he did, Loren was positive Mike didn’t want to hear a sob fest. Guys just didn’t do that with guys they barely knew. So, in response, Loren just shrugged and continued to reorganize the cds.

“I’m working hard at hardly working so my boss doesn’t think I’m slacking off while wishing the day would end so I can go home and wish I had something better to do, and maybe walk my dogs.” He said with a straight face. Monotone was always good for a joke about being serious. It showed just how serious you didn’t want to be. “Honestly, if you’re looking for something entertaining The Script might be good, or The Cardigans. Maybe The Clash if you’re feeling really eclectic, or if you’re looking for almost golden oldies, Pat Benatar is hiding in here somewhere.”

Speaking of the devil in too much makeup, Loren chuckled as a Pat Benatar cd came up in the stack. It was far beyond where it belonged. “I’ve been up to wrecking my life, but that’s nothing new. I’m still the most awesome ass on the soccer team that’s for sure.” That hadn’t come out quite the way he’d expected it to, but then Mike would probably shrug it off and continue the conversation. At least, he hoped he would.

this post is 443words long. i'd like to say finally, Loren has purpose again. credit for this lovely thing goes to template @ Beautiful Disaster at CAUTION. lyrics; airplanes by B.O.B. my character is wearing this.

--------------------
user posted image
Mike L. Chang
Posted: Jul 31 2010, 04:36 AM

Generally Mike was a quiet person. He supposed that was most true when he was in groups of people versus one on one conversation like right now with Loren. It wasn’t as though he didn’t know how to keep a conversation alive or that he’d let one die because he didn’t want to talk. It was more than, when being led in a group, he’d rather be led than leading. That could explain his usually quite demeanor and the one he held now that seemed rather, well, talkative. Everyone had their habits. Mike’s just happened to be that he wasn’t talkative in groups. That, however, had nothing to do with right now.

“You should get a raise,” he responded in the same monotone that Loren was conversing in. Whatever it was about being seriously unserious, Mike didn’t get it. But the jokes always delivered. He broke his stoic face (he was trying too hard to keep it anyway) with a small smile and a chuckle as he shifted into honest-to-god listening mode when Loren spouted off who he might like to listen to. All good suggestions, of course, and nothing Mike would have walked in here and thought of purchasing himself. But still worth the effort to look into.

“Loren! Don‘t speak of Pat that way. My mom would be so angry.” Mike started once the talk about Pat Benatar began. It was amusing that the other male would pick the one artist his mother was obsessed with. She would go on and on about Pat Benatar to the point where Mike knew more about her than he ever wanted to. “We are young,“ Mike offered when the subject of Loren’s ruined love life came up. “Heartache to heartache we stand. No promises, no demands. Love is a battlefield.” It was extremely hard to quote Pat standing next to Loren inside of Groamy’s and he was trying very hard to stay straight faced and not burst out into laughter. It was definitely a good thing that they were alone.

“I know what you mean though. Having the biggest crush on Brittany is not helping the Changster.” Well that was a cat he hadn’t necessarily let out of the bag. But what was Loren knowing that he had a bit of a, if not a massive, crush on Brittany going to hurt. It wasn’t like he wasn’t incredibly obvious about it anyway. “At least you have soccer stardom to turn to.”

hey, so this thing is tagged for kris and it's 410 words long. my character is wearing lol clothes, and those lyrics? they're by manchester orchestra. oh and by the way, this thread template was made by TURN YOU ON ! @ caution 2.0, so don't you steal. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------
user posted image
Loren J. Ericson
Posted: Aug 11 2010, 04:17 PM

the Incredible Hulk

user posted image
wish right now yeah,

He chuckled along with Mike, knowing that the joke had been understood and also finding hilarity in the unlikelihood of him ever getting a raise. He had a pretty strange boss, who liked to work him at the strangest hours and make him do a lot of the grunt. Loren figured it was because he was willing to do generally anything his boss told him to so long as he got paid for it and it kept him away from home. Still, the guy didn’t really like Loren and so the thought of a raise was really hilarious. The only way he’d ever get one was if he became an assistant manager, and that was a job he pretty much did anyway without the title. That’s what happened when you were often the only one working.

“Oh no, we can’t anger Momma Chang.” He interjected when Mike commented on the Benatar remark. It wasn’t that Loren didn’t like Pat Benatar. She was actually pretty okay in his book. She was just an easy artist to make fun of, especially considering that her most well-known song was called Hit Me With Your Best Shot. How anyone managed to not make jokes about Pat Benatar was beyond him.

He couldn’t help but laugh at Mike’s quotation of one of the singer’s songs. It was just too perfect for words really. There they were, talking about ruined teenage lives, and Mike quotes a Pat Benatar song. Ah, it was just what Loren needed a good laugh. Sadly, it was abruptly halted by Mike’s next admission. The soccer player just stared at the other boy in total shock. Yeah that was not something he had expected. Brittany was hot, smoking hot and like the best dancer he’d ever seen. She was sweet, and kind, and just way too much fun to be around, but she was Brittany and that fact just made her untouchable. Maybe her insane best friend had something to do with that, but Loren had always just thought of Brittany more like the kid-sister type, not the I’d totally date you because you’re smoking hot type. Then again, Loren was pretty screwed in the brain as far as relationships went, so his thoughts on the subject were probably strange.

“Soccer stardom only lasts as long as the season. Honestly, it’s not helping the Jet much either.” He responded finally, going back to idly rearranging the cd’s into their proper order. Oh the question in his mind was probably worth keeping silent, but this was socially awkward Loren and he just didn’t hold his tongue. “So … Britt? You gonna ask her out?”

this post is 443words long. i'd like to say finally, Loren has purpose again. credit for this lovely thing goes to template @ Beautiful Disaster at CAUTION. lyrics; airplanes by B.O.B. my character is wearing this.

--------------------
user posted image
Mike L. Chang
Posted: Sep 29 2010, 03:02 AM

Loren spoke no lies. Angering Momma Chang was a really bad idea. Mike had gotten away with making cracks about Pat Benatar before until his mother had gotten fed up with it and chased him around their house with a rolled up newspaper. She was a dangerous woman. There was just something very frightening about being chased by a short Asian woman, even if it was his mom. Clearly Loren would never understand that, as his mother wasn’t Mike’s and the two of them didn’t hang out enough for his mother to be comfortable enough chasing the boy with a newspaper. Perhaps he should ask her to, just for the laughs.

Chances were that he shouldn’t have told Loren about his crush on Brittany. In fact, it was probably something he should have kept to himself. Things would go over much more smoothly if she happened to turn him down if not everyone knew about it. But Mike couldn’t really see Brittany turning him down. Maybe giving him a pity date, but not outright turning him down. She was a nice, sweet girl. “I don’t know,” he shrugged. “I guess it can’t hurt anything if I do.” He almost announced to Loren that she was a ‘free bitch, baby’ but calling Brittany a bitch (even though he didn’t mean anything bad by it) and referencing another song in such a short period of time didn’t seem like the smartest choice. It would just lose it’s impact and make the conversation even more awkward than it already was.

The subject definitely needed to change. Mike racked his brain for something else to say, anything else at all while he continued to flip through the Cds, looking for anything that might interest him. “Marina is hot,” he paused. Yeah, that was a good way to go. “In a funky lovechild of music kind of way.” He held up the Marina and the Diamonds CD. Clearly a good purchase given the topic he’d decided to go with. Sadly it didn’t have much of a life span.

It was time for default teenager stuff. “There needs to be a party soon. And not the Rachel Berry lets-do-not-fun-stuff-together-because-I-said-so stuff I’ve been subjected to recently.” Glee club had it’s ups and it had it’s downs. But he was sure Loren didn’t care about having to deal with Rachel Berry either. “I don’t think I can wait for homecoming for someone to get their shit together and have something worth going to.” Mike’s attention was on the CD rack again. What went well with Marina and the Diamonds? Tupac? Paramore? Gag, no. Weezy. Always Weezy.

hey, so this thing is tagged for kris and it's 438 words long. my character is wearing lol clothes, and those lyrics? they're by manchester orchestra. oh and by the way, this thread template was made by TURN YOU ON ! @ caution 2.0, so don't you steal. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------
user posted image
Loren J. Ericson
Posted: Sep 30 2010, 02:06 AM

the Incredible Hulk

user posted image
wish right now yeah,

Ya know, it was kind of adorable that Mike had a crush on Brittany. Not that Loren would ever admit that he was even think a phrase similar to that at all. Still, in a weird sort of way he thought it was rather cute, and rather perfect. They were both in Glee Club, both kick-ass dancers (yes, Loren may have witnessed them in action once or twice), and they both had this free-wheeling way about them, like life mattered too much to be taken too seriously. In all honesty, now that he was thinking about it, Brittany and Mike had the potential to be like some perfect little couple of perfectly awesome people. Not to mention, as far as Loren knew, Brittany was a total free agent, which meant that Mike probably had more of a chance than anyone. He had a hard time imagining Brittany turning anyone down, let alone a seriously nice guy like Mike.

You should go for it, man. Worse thing she can say is no, and I doubt she will.” Of course, this was not the type of thing you talked about in the middle of a music store, especially when the guy you weren’t talking to wasn’t exactly a close friend. Mike was more of an acquaintance, a guy Loren had talked to maybe once or twice, and it was highly possible they’d had a class together. Other than that, they simply roamed in different circles, although he’d certainly seen him breakdancing in Glee practice more than once. (That was the result of your best friend being a super guitar player who was always around the Gleeks and had occasionally forced you to wait until they took a break to ask her about the next meeting of Jazz club. You saw things.)

He was rather grateful that Mike changed the subject, although Marina’s hotness was a debatable topic. Girl was pretty sure, but he had to agree that she had the weird music hippie flower child thing going on … or something. Glancing at the cd Mike held up, he started thinking about other music that went with Marina. Well, if you were going with similar genres Florence and the Machine was a way to go, but if you were looking to spread out a bit you could through in some Breaking Benjamins, or cross play it with Republic Tigers. If you were looking for easy listening, James Morrison was a great way to go, although that guy had a tendency to make you want to curl into a ball and cry if you had those sort of inclinations. So who?

His attention was caught again by Mike’s voice, and he nodded his agreement about the need for a party. His life most definitely needed the shameless release a party could bring. Thanks to his … lets just be real Loren’s life is pretty fucked and he needed some easy breathing happy time with a group of friends. And dancing. Can’t have a party without great music and dancing. He couldn’t really relate to the Rachel Berry takeovers because, thankfully, he did not have to endure her overbearing personality at all. Still, the idea of being forced to do not-fun-stuff was something he understood fairly well, although granted his misery was a little self-imposed. But only a little.

Homecoming is too far away to be waiting for that. Let’s just fuckin throw one.” It wasn’t the first time Loren’d had parties at his house, and maybe this time it might not get ruined by random makeouts with girls who weren’t his girlfriend (yet anyway). His parents were pretty free when it came to Loren having parties, and they didn’t freak out if the alcohol in the bar (that just so happened to be in his bedroom. Aren’t basement apartments just glorious?) happened to be low when the party was over. A few times, they’d even offered for the drunken kids to stay overnight, that way none of them had to worry about going home all intoxicated and reflex-less. Oh yes, Loren’s house was a great place to party.

Name the day and time and I can make that shit happen.” It was a true enough statement. Fun needed to be had, and if Mike had ideas, Loren was going to have it.

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

TOPIC OPTIONS new replynew topicnew poll

In Character C-Box
no spamming or advertising • no guests, accepted characters and members only • icon image goes in email/url field

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 2.1276 seconds | Archive