InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Dark Forest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

TO THE CITY!...If we live that long, Desert + Pacalon=Death
-Akio Fairchild
Posted: Sep 20 2011, 06:33 PM

Don't tell anyone, but I'm Sashikinaroji~
Group Icon

Group: Dark Mage
Member No.: 1,657

As the Elf slipped into the Portal, Ripkin knew he was in trouble. He whipped around just in time to catch a blade in the side of his left leg. He felt the blade glance down his armor and into the niche between the cuisse and greave. The most painful part came when the blade banged against his bone, slipping out of the niche.

Ripkin crumpled once again.

Then, nine Ripkins all skittered away from the oncoming force, gripping their leg in pain and attempting to Cure. The real Ripkin moved more quickly than the rest, not wanting to be the nearest target for a random sweep.

Ripkin targeted the deadly Portal spell next. There were only two more charges of the spell left in his reserves... He wouldn't be able to manage any more Anti-Magics after that. Instead, he would have to rely on his nullifications. He just hoped he would escape this next attack... His leg wouldn't be healed in time if he was the first to be attacked.

His eyes swept the area, his head remaining stationary, to match his clones. He couldn't see Velzok anywhere. He was alone... Most likely abandoned by someone who he had seen as an ally. He silently cursed the diminutive druid.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
((So... yeah... he's the third from the left, if you want to notice his attempts... He's gonna try and block you, but it's up to you if he succeeds on this one. Just don't kill 'im yet, eh?))
Kit
Posted: Sep 25 2011, 06:05 AM

Every choice you make has an end result.
Group Icon

Group: Ex-Staff
Member No.: 1,766

As his sword connected, not the decisive severing blow he wanted Matti prepared to follow through with some confidence that he could catch all the replica's in good time and find the original. However with his legs suddenly bound the elf growled and quickly slashed the vines away. Relaxing and letting his stance drop to a more neutral unthreatening form he looked around. The orc was no where in sight, the man in armour had scurried away. He had won. Calling out to his translator the human Lec gingerly made his way to where the elf stood. In perfect common Lec provided the Elf's statement

Orc. This bout is over. I don't need to kill you to prove a point this day. Your friend has retreated in the most cowardly fashion. You yourself Orc have shamed your race. The beserker hiding. You are like this village. Defenseless against a stronger foe. Yet despite my hatred. I am not hunting you both to your deaths. Leave. Or I will find you. I will wear your skull as a helmet.

Clashing his blades together Matti started laughing. Yes this was a bluff. No better way to provoke an Orc then to call him a coward. Waving off Lec back to a safer distance Matti awaited. He would meet this Orc in close quarters. The armoured man lacked the martial skill to pose a challenge.
-Lix
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 07:34 PM

Death is only an extended rest
Group Icon

Group: Alchemist
Member No.: 1,936

Coward?! I felt my blood heat up as the rage had consumed me. I stood up from my trance and walked around the tent. The sky had darkened, and a breeze settled across the desert soil. Picking up my giant axe, I faced the elf.

I grasped my axe in both hands, and closed my eyes as energy flowed through me. And then I felt the drain, the fatigue, as I summoned one, two, three sprouts. As they formed, they jumped onto my shoulders and grasped them; one had held my head.

"I am no coward; I will never run from a fight," I growled at my opponent; keeping my axe below my stomach and charged with my head down like a bull, and as I was in range of the elf I leaped up and swung my axe, aiming for his neck. The saplings had leaped off me and went for the elf's legs.
-Akio Fairchild
Posted: Sep 28 2011, 10:18 AM

Group Icon

Not abandoned... Velzok came back~! Mainly for self-interested reasons, but Ripkin was overjoyed as he hid, planning his next attack. In a moment, as he watched Velzok's charge, Ripkin knew exactly what to do.

He Vinded three walls, blocking the sun ever so slightly... Just enough for Ripkin's plan to work. He entered the shadows no sooner than they formed, only his second time ever attempting the dangerous feat, traveling along the walls he had created. He was going to hold the Elf warrior down, and while he did, Velzok could finish it.

He wasn't likely to stay near the walls, but he shouldn't have been able to get to far, and Ripkin's plan was to Displace after him.

As he moved, Ripkin cast several nullification techniques over himself to prevent any damage the Elf would try to inflict with fire, lightning, water and ice. He then flashed up another Protect and a Shell. He wasn't planning on letting go until Velzok had his shot.

He just hoped he didn't get killed in the process.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-
((I think Ripkin is putting waaaaay too much trust in Velzok's hands...
Kit
Posted: Sep 28 2011, 04:53 PM

Group Icon

Watching the Orc charge Matti knew his bluff had worked, at least until he felt a strong grip from behind him. Feeling his upper lip rise in a snarl as he realised it was time to play his trump card. The ultimate bluff. Apparent Immortality. Raising his hand as if trying to dislodge the foe from behind him. Dropping both his blades in improvised shock. No doubt the man whom he had struck previously he summoned dark magics to his fingers. The power of taint. The very secret to controlling the dead and in Matti's years of studying the dark arts, his ultimate trump card. How better then to instill fear into your foe when your blow doesn't kill you. Feeling his breath still and letting a look of forlorn suprise erupt into his eyes. Tilting his neck and shifting his body as much as he could to avoid a complete decapitationg Matti felt the blade sink in at an angle digging deep into his shoulder blade. Rasping out a pretend breath and raising a free hand to grip the ax in place secretly exterting pressure to hold it and thus the orc in place.

Letting time pass. Just enough to allow all parties concerned that he was 'dead' ignoring the tree's on his legs. Matti slowly rolled his eyes up to stare the orc straight in the face. Letting his death rictus fade to a cruel neutral expression the Elf wrenched his body from the ax blade and setting his free hand to the gouge it had caused murmered yet more dark incarnations. As Blight poured from his hand repairing the tissue and bodily damage done thanks to the Orc. Looking at the Ax he observed in barely recognisable common.

So close...

Having finished repairing the damage Matti smiled and letting a darkness shroud advance over his body akin to the protection the druid (black armour) The elf let go of the ax dismissively wiping the blood leaking from his mouth as the magic consumed more

You have had your chance Orc your ax will not find me again. Perhaps you should put more faith in...discretion.

Throwing his hand forward thrusting a portion of the dark shroud at the Orc (Madness) with a shout for the Elven Word Nightmare Matti knew that his immediate thread was spoken for. Stooping and sweeping up his blades the Elf dismissed of his wooden assailents. Turning to the second man he smiled. This one would be easier to break.
-Akio Fairchild
Posted: Oct 5 2011, 03:13 PM

Group Icon

((Posting out of turn with Lix's Permission))
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

As Velzok succumbed to the madness, Ripkin was just barely able to seal the power to prevent it being used against himself. He only had one more charge left... He wasn't sure how he would want it used...

This man... No... Not a man... He was a beast. He survived decapitation, which proved to the Raavi that he was nearly impervious to regular attacks... Magic would have to be his course of action. And so, he fought.

He evocated several crates full of wares at Matii, using the distraction to, hopefully, make his escape. He would attack again from a different angle... But that whole plan was forgetting about Velzok. Ripkin had to save him.

So, instead, Ripkin raised more walls via Vind, moving along them, merged with the shadow. He reached out a hand, grabbing onto the crazed druid, but he was unable to carry him while still merged with the shadow. Instead, Ripkin had to attack again. Or...

"Velzok is defeated. I have no reason to continue fighting..." he called to his aggressor, "You've given us an option to leave... Is it still viable?"

He was sure that it wasn't, so the Raavi readied himself for an attack... At the very least, this bastard would get a face-full of Energy Blast before Ripkin bit the dust.
-Lix
Posted: Oct 6 2011, 07:37 AM

Group Icon

I had not understood what had happened, only that the damn Elf had casted some spell on me. The world around me was distorted as it faded into the blackness, and now I was in another world it seemed. The sky was a dark red, as if it was painted with blood. I was still in a desert, but one that was much more uninhabitable. It looked as if there had been no rainfall here since the beginning of time.

I was on my knees, my body feeling extremely weak. My arms were covered in massive cuts and peices of flesh had been torn off. A drop of blood had fell on my nose, and as I wiped it away, blood was all over my hand. Feeling my face, I could not believe what I found; I had no skin on my face, only muscle and bone. I restrained myself from screaming in horror, but I was unable to, a shadow had enveloped me.

I looked up, only to see Gathorax himself. The Grand King of Orcs was a terrifying site; standing over ten feet tall and with muscles bigger than a bull's, his prescense could make any warrior feel like a mere insect. He unsheathed his sword, and brought it down with incredible force. When it reached my neck, everything had disappeared, and I was back in the small village, screaming with horror.
Kit
Posted: Oct 7 2011, 03:09 PM

Group Icon

To leave...No I offered discretion knight. However. I do have a proposal. If you do insist on Parlay. I would stand down.

Matti smiled and cocked his head as he himself lowered his blades. Impaling them in the ground at his feet in a statement that he himself was willing to stand down. As the Orc screamed he knew that both parties were in an interesting position. He himself while undead was on limited time with regards to anything but martial ability. He was much less safe when using dark arks limited as his abilities were. He had tried to use his more commonly used abilities to no avail. A mental wall was in place and he hadn't quite figured out how to break it down. His foe's seemed in little better shape. The orc was hopefully in no condition to fight. The knight was clearly on the defensive and not as well versed in combat as his partner.

Truley I wished to kill the both of you. However. I am curious as to how two...men. Were able to seamlessly land a killing blow. This is not a common feat. Perhaps we could discuss this further. However I want the Orc to conceed that he has met his match. I am not afraid to remove a limb before he conforms to my request.
-Lix
Posted: Oct 7 2011, 04:21 PM

Group Icon

My vision had returned, and I was able to hear, at least partially, what the Elf had said. Realizing what I saw was merely an illusion, possibly caused by the spell he had casted on me, I stood up, my heart pounding and my blood boiling.

I spat on the ground next to the Elf, " I will never say that a magic useer had bested me. Without your damn cheap, parlor tricks I could overpower you in a hand-to-hand fight. You may be faster and stronger than a human, but I am as well....still, you are getting in the way of my task. I will accept that you and I may be equal, since you are probably wiser than I, but I will continue with my annihilation of this town. People must find ways to stay alive, and destroying villages is my way of acquiring my needs and wants. Whether you want to stop me from this task or not, that is up to you, though I do not understand why you would fight for these people. So much can be gained from my way of life."

I turned to Ripkin, " And you..you are a spineless coward. An orc would've kept on fighting, even if there was a chance of death. You are a disgrace to warriors. Leave if you wish, I have no use for you if you will not have to courage to finish what you start."

OoC: Sorry Akio, I know that was harsh, but hey, it's an orc
Kit
Posted: Oct 8 2011, 03:53 AM

Group Icon

Magic?

Without bothering to glance at the orc Matti started laughing brashly

Orc you wouldn't know true magic unless it was rammed up your offrice. Thats ignoring the starting inconsistancy of your summoning of twigs to aid you. I would suggest that you reconsider your position.

With a blink of his eye a large Darkness sphere was summoned around the orc. Smiling at the knight and with a murmer for his ears only.

Between me and the Orc.

Lifting his blades from the ground and taking a tight stance every sense straining for what direction the orc would eventually blunder from Matii prepared his ambush. Throwing his voice and warbling it to disguise it's true direction

You see Orc. This is magic. What you fought before was nothing but as you put it. hand to hand talent. You life is effectively forfeit. Surrender and you walk away with your head.
-Lix
Posted: Oct 8 2011, 08:01 AM

Group Icon

Was he trying to scare me? Ha! What a fool. "It takes more than darkness to scare me, elf." I spat on the ground again. "I would rather die without my head then to surrender to elven trash like yourself." I tightened my grip on the axe, preparing to strike, but something had stopped me..I heard a familiar voice inside my head.

Velzok...

Who....father?

Velzok, my boy, look at what you have become. This is not like you. I remember a time when you would kick an orc's arse if he spoke to someone like that.

I've changed in the past ten years. The Kels have changed me.

But why must you take innocent lives? Just because you have suffered from a terrible life does not mean that others deserve the same...My son, you were able to overthrow the entire Kel city of Dire. You have remarkable strength and courage, you should not waste it by becoming a thug.

You don't understand..

Oh, but I do. I was ambitious once, just like you. I raided human villages and ambushed travelers; it was neccessary to our village's prosperity. But you, Velzok, you have a chance to be different, to choose the path not of chaos, but order. What do you say, son? Give up the life of crime, the Path of Right holds many more benefits and rewards.

I started to relax and lower my axe, pondering at what my father had said. He had a point, but still...it was merely a voice in my head....I've made my decision. Grabbing my axe tightly, I let out a battlle cry, and charged towards the elf, swinging at his left side.
-Akio Fairchild
Posted: Oct 9 2011, 06:43 PM

Group Icon

((colon slash slash facepalm.

I totally forgot that I was next up to post. I'm sorry for having left you guys hanging for so long. I'm putting this up for now, so you know what's up, and I'll edit the post in by the end of the night.

ugh... fell asleep before I finished the post... htm...))

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Ripkin could feel the rage build up inside of him. He wanted to kick the troll in the face for his hubris. He wanted to shut him up and make him listen to reason. Yet... He also wanted acceptance. As if Velzok was becoming some sort of stand-in Murphy, to replace the fallen friend. He began to mutter to himself.

"I will look bravely into the face of danger."

Ripkin healed himself, bringing his axe up close to his chest. His eyes seemed to radiate a fierce energy as he prepared himself for what he was about to do.

"I will find unique ways to overcome adversity."

Ripkin began to hover, less than a few inches from the ground, kept afloat by an Ascent spell. He was not putting enough power into it to make him fly... But that wouldn't last long.

"I will fight with ceaseless valor."

Ripkin began to build a tremendous amount of energy, larger than any he had released in this battle. The power grew, swelling and waning with each breath the Raavi took.

"And I will never forget my friends, and those who have fallen."

Suddenly, Ripkin shot off into the sky, high above the reach of anything short of magic or cannon-fire. The energy he had collected began to run to his fingertips, and suddenly, Ripkin was falling, unable to sustain an Ascent

As he fell, the power he had gathered began to form into Energy Balls which would become the rain that fell upon this battle ground. As his body fell, at the complete mercy of gravity, he wondered why he had decided to pull this plan now. He wasn't sure if he would have enough energy at this point to do much of anything... Even slow his descent.

A final blast, larger than the energy balls he had thrown before, rained down mere moments before Ripkin's body smashed into the earth.

His protect had limited some of the damage, but Ripkin was still hurting. He was barely able to pick himself up as the dust began to clear. He hoped that he had accomplished his goal, but feared for the worst. Even if he survived his fall, if Matii did as well, the Raavi was as good as dead.

Magically, Ripkin was caput. He only had an axe and his armor to protect him now.
Kit
Posted: Oct 10 2011, 06:00 PM

Group Icon

The Orc was clearly lacking in coming sense. Still his approach was marked by a battle cry. That gave Matti more then enough time. Ignoring the knight's rambling Matti focussed his recently summoned shroud ( OOC: unholy armour from a few posts back) to simple stop the Ax in it's path. More then content to simply hold the Orc in place Matti smiled and put a cold look in his eyes. As the Knight shot up in the air having finished his Tirade Matti simply redirected a portion of his Shroud to cover both him and the Orc. Feeling Scars rip open and black liquid start to run down his body as past wounds opened up as his body started to consume itself in use of it's magic Matti grinned as the flashes of Energy crashed into both the ground and shroud. As he heard the sound of a body falling to the Earth Matti cancelled the Darkness spell and leapt back letting his shroud dissapate in the process. Wiping off the black fluid that threatened to run into his eyes Matti pointed out conversationally.

Now Orc I have not only bested you thrice, but I have saved your life from your own friend. Consider yourself outmatched and now saved by the one you call trash. I would throw myself on my own blade if I were in your shoes. However I am more then happy to lend my steel.

Swinging his blades in a simple but fluid motion Matti took the first stance with the swords since he had arrived. Magic was becoming dangerous. If he pushed it an Arm would soon fall off from the amount of slash marks opening. Still he was dangerous enough with a blade and the Orc was now finally alone. The knight had prooved he lacked the talent up close to be a problem. Ankles were an easy way to slow down a warrior and then assist in convincing them that a fight was long over. Flipping the hilt of his right blade into a reverse position so the rear edge of the blade rested along his forearm Matti smiled. The Orc was not going to avoid loosing blood.
-Lix
Posted: Oct 17 2011, 07:32 AM

Group Icon

Velzok is leaving this thread, his destiny lies elsewhere...
-Akio Fairchild
Posted: Oct 18 2011, 11:48 AM

Group Icon

"You Asshole!"

. . . . ."You ASShole!"

. . . . . . . . . . ."YOU ASSHOLE!"

Ripkin panicked. He panicked bad. He started to run, tripping over a dead man. His head was split open, and a slashing wound was showing through his blood-drenched shirt. Ripkin remembered killing this man, but... He also didn't. It was something that happened to him in a blur.

Ripkin picked himself up again, feeling vomit rising in the back of his throat. He lept over the body, attempting to run through the litter of bodies and out of the town. Perhaps he could find somewhere to lie this down.

He hoped he wouldn't be followed... But what could he do to stop it?
-=-=-=-=-=-=-

((Yeah... if Lix is leaving, I'm leaving too... I'm no good in one on one fights with Ripkin, because most of his training revolves around opening a shot for someone else... And random Dragon Ball Masenkos when he gets all "dark"))
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

-

This Forum/Skin/Image buttons and all that is Dark Forest is the property of the Dark Forest Community. Any use of any materials on this forum must come with the expressed written permission of all members on this forum. Weapon Icons were from a freeware version of Shinning Force II. This Skin was created by Lumine, especially for all my lovely friends on the forum!

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.5103 seconds | Archive