Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Dark Forest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Et Tu, Magic?
-Kilik
Posted: Jan 3 2012, 02:48 AM

He's a Satyr, like Pan. No, not the flying gay one. Ba~ah
Group Icon

Group: Summoner
Member No.: 1,661

Once upon a time, magic had no limits. No definition. Magic just was. Then enter Claude, the supposed greatest mage of our time, who wrote the three books. As he defined magic, Claude shifted it's understanding, by doing so the 'acclaimed' great mage limited our prowling strength in magic. This was how Kilik understood it and Achiem, as blood thirsty as the gem was, did not try to explain any more or less. Instead the two agreed that it would be better to ruin the temple. Change it and with that change the two of them believed that magic might once again be returned unto it's former glory.

Else where the opinion's of one was that they might uncover lost magic and secret's, which both could not disagree that hidden magic all to themselves was not a treasure in and of itself. So here the young magi stood. Around them stood few students and a couple of teachers, one of these people was a man who could not be tracked by scent or detection, he was here to ensure Kilik's victory at an yet to be claimed cost. With this man's help the psychic whisper was boomed. "Son of Claude, You have been challenged! For the right of the three books and the right of this pitiful excuse of a school of magic." The voice was that of the mage and the gem, the sound of distant bell chimes in the wind.

While the whisper forced it's way through the minds of both young and old alike the mage's eyes spun wildly with no match in speed and with it came the roar of the arcane in his bones. Eyes went from blue to abyss black as pain was being splintered with no definite target. "How do you respond!?" The youngest of student's seemed to physically buckle under the mental whispering force while others strained to exile the intruding mega phone of a cry.
-Akio Fairchild
Posted: Jan 8 2012, 12:16 AM

Don't tell anyone, but I'm Sashikinaroji~
Group Icon

Group: Dark Mage
Member No.: 1,657

Weeks had gone by, and Samantha had fallen back into old habits. And as her mind wandered to depressing thoughts, her hands traveled, as they once did.

She packed her pipe quickly and without losing a single shred of the opiates she was about to smoke. Her eyes, still reddened from the smoke of her last "dosage," were fixed on her task as she approached the crowded mass.

She had been here for only a short time, but it was already clear that Isamu was nowhere to be found, and there were no clues to his whereabouts in this god-forsaken school. No one fitting his description had been noticed by the people she had questioned, and some of them had been here for years.

As she drew deeply from her pipe, the drugs dampening her senses, she heard a voice speak out in deafening strength.

"Son of Claude, You have been challenged! For the right of the three books and the right of this pitiful excuse of a school of magic."

The Elf, already weakened by her own hand, buckled and fell, her left knee digging into the ground, and her arm bracing itself against the cold stone beneath her feet. The ear-splitting pain resounded even through the dampening effects of her Opium, and she frantically tried to remove it's influence.

But her mind was weak, and her psychic potential not met.

"How do you respond!?"

Samantha whipped her head towards the crowd that had gathered across the square, positioned at the feet of a mage, seemingly possessed by evil. His eyes were as black as a moonless night, and Samantha could feel a great and powerful contempt rising from his gullet.

She stood, slowly, steeling herself from the pain that filled her entire body as she attempted to take another hit. She hoped that more of the drug would quell the pain, and it did... But only to an extent. She found herself able to stand, but barely.

-=-=-=-=-=-
((I honestly don't know where to go from this... I mean... I just don't know... I feel like it I should be attacking Kilik, but at the same time, I think that Samantha might wish to yield, if for no other reason than to halt that terrible feeling))
-Kilik
Posted: Jan 11 2012, 02:20 AM

Group Icon

{I know the feeling, not sure how to go about this without some npc help.}

"ARIAS! I WILL NOT YIELD ANY ASSAULT! THE SOONER YOU SHOW YOURSELF THE SOONER WE CAN GET STARTED!" Kilik's thought's were still being amplified. Near by, one of the smallest student's crumpled. his verbal screams begging for it to stop and between the young mage and the gem, they smiled. Relished in his agony. Moving with forced steps he was upon the student and then was Drake's diekatana. The aspiring blood mage's head rolled. Blood dripped slowly from the tip of the sword still contained in his shouldering cloak.

The young mage's eyes showed no depth as the force of the arcane continued to dredge out more mana. The continuation of some unknown spell. "He's as big a cowerd as his father... Its best to, dispose of them all and claim the title and its vast resources for ourselves." Achiem Spoke softly hoping not for the words to be shared with the others. "I agree but let us see what the great child does." neither thought was private.

Then with no more frustration as there was glee Kilik kicked the parted head, listening to the last shuddering gurgle as it's throat tried to swallow the lolligagging tongue. This was taken as some sort of signal as the chunks of charred ground, no doubt from the earlier training, a psychic was among them but there was no proof that the force wasn't coming from Kilik. The bits of ground was sent to the skies clumping together into one large mass before coming down and crashing into a nearby roof. shingles and splinters were sent flying.

"What say you, Arias?" Kilik let it be a soft whisper while Achiem followed it with some unknown phrase in a demonic language. Kilik knew what it meant, the amythist knew something about Claude and was attempting to tempt the son.
-NPC
Posted: Jan 11 2012, 09:28 AM

Needs Moar Desu
Group Icon

Group: Elite Roleplayer
Member No.: 1,406

Kira took each step as though to thump out the rhythm for a set of hidden drums, sapphire eyes blazing like flames over the school from the depths of her dark hood. The sheer glaze of blue which was beginning to permeate the smooth scales that acted like skin would be almost impossible to catch in her disguise, but a few strands of emerald hair escaped the clutch of the shadows as she moved-- not a concern.

She didn't give a flying fuck who was running the school. She gave even less of a flying fuck about who was dying in it-- she had a purpose, and it didn't involve saving some worthless life.

Drawing to a stop at the edge of the square, her stormy gaze stopped on the situation with such views in mind, and she crossed her arms over her chest. Not much in the way of corruption left to go around, around here; but that was no more an inconvenience than it was a silent blessing given unto the Great Abyssal Body. Something else which wasn't really her concern.

It was, however, a detriment to the speed for which she was reknowned. She supposed, with a quiet sigh, that she should interfere-- legs were not unknown to kick obstacles from their path, after all. Whoever was running the school was the man she needed to talk to, if anyone, and if the reversed rain of debris followed by shingles was any indication, it was not the man dying on the ground.

Lifting her arms, pale blue hands slipped from the cover of wide black sleeves to clap, and she began to come forward again. Slipping between the bodies of the audience as effortlessly as if her form was nothing more than water, her applause grew louder with every light footfall. All the liquid in the area trembled with the sound, ripples beginning to form over surfaces which had once been smooth.

She did not quiet until she had come to the front of the circle of observers. Hands hovering before her still as she looked upon the ones who did not belong to the White Mother, she lifted her chin very slightly.

"To whomever has failed to maintain peace in this academy;" She lifted her voice, letting annoyance run clear through it's inhuman tones-- like the singing of a crystal goblet filled with water, and it echoed off of each and every drop. "There is a Daughter of the Abyss, lying dormant in these mountains. I've come to reclaim her in the name of the Family."
-Akio Fairchild
Posted: Jan 13 2012, 11:12 PM

Group Icon

Death was common in Redemption. Murder was almost as common.

Because of this, the former treasure hunter (read: thief) was not as moved by the pointless slaughter as what you or I would expect. Instead, she took the idea of death with both an air of annoyance and some slight disgust. However, now that it was coupled with her already reeling mind, she barely even noticed the stench of death.

And now a new, hooded figure appeared, who also spoke out, directly calling out Arias, the Headmaster of this Dark College. That made two. Their motives seemed to be different, but their goal was the same. The wanted Arias. They would accept nothing less. From what they both said, it was clear that they had some sort of relationship, the man speaking of the "Great Child" and immediately after, the woman with sapphires for eyes stood forward, speaking of her search on behalf of the family for this "Daughter of the Abyss".

These two were in cahoots. It was as sure as Samantha stood there.

"You stupid bastards," Samantha spoke through the pain, her drug-riddled mind making her brave beyond her normal bounds, "What if he isn't here? Do you really plan on killing each and every person at this college waiting for someone who might not even be coming?"

It was something that seemed obvious to Samantha, but for some reason, the two offending figures seem to have forgotten such a simple thought. Even when they had responsibilities, the people of Redemption rarely stayed in one place. Hell, even the Lord of the Empire was known to vanish periodically, a failing that eventually cost him the war, the Imperial snake having lost its head.

"But if you do, what do you gain?" she asked, "You only prove that you are stronger than his students, leaving the master to someone else. And you? How will killing these people help you find the 'Daughter' whom you seek?"

Samantha muttered under her breath, half-bravery allowing her to say it only as loud as a whisper, "Fools."
-=-=-=-=-=-=-
((Sorry for taking so long, I was trying to figure out exactly how Samantha would respond to this situation... She is a pretty logical sort, though, so this seems to be the argument she would make... Her Grandson's the passionate one, hahaha~! Anyways...

just wanted to make sure you knew, when I said "sapphires for eyes" I DID mean that in a sort of semi-mystical description kind of way, and do not think her eyes are ACTUALLY made of sapphire... For some reason, I feel like I needed to say that...))

-Kilik
Posted: Jan 16 2012, 07:30 PM

Group Icon

The young mage ignored the conditions around him. It wasn't until a woman, was it even human enough to call woman, spoke. Her commands simple enough. Kilik smiled before speaking but even as he did the black depths of his eyes were cast like ethereal skeleton's hungry for the spell. "You can have what you want when i complete my ordeal. So to share in my prize you must share my -pains-" When he finished he directed his index finger pointing at this thing that spoke of the family. The doomed ghastly spectral's charged at her and grasped upon her clothes and 'flesh' marking her with the dark spell known as shared pain.

"As for you instigator." He looked upon an elf, one who must have had come in tune with the novelty's of self gratification."You will watch before you can understand."With a roar of the arcane the sky alit with a furious boom. It rained ashes and specks of flame before mass.ve balls of fire. Where a group of mage's moved to build a defense Kilik snapped his fingers, and they fell, neck tendons snapped and blood dripping from their mouths mixing with spittle like water and oil. Many knew of the rain as a maelstorm. "I AM KILIK! ARCHMAGE OF THE STORM AND I COME TO FINISH OFF THOSE WHO FOLLOW HE WHO RUINED PURE MAGIC." The words were both screamed and whispered and under the crackle of arcane lightning many more men who did not fall to the random balls of orchid flames could not escape the lightning that beseeched them." As for your assistance... the elf. capture it." He glared upon the glowing eyes with his own depthless reflection of the abyss.

(I did charge pain- the ethereal skeleton's- since the beginning which is cast on kira, also maelstrom and thundera, death is granted via procesious. that should cover everything. hopefully there wasn't any modding. good luck. and whisper is granted via Greg. which some of the death spells have been copied via Greg to reduce arcane drain on Kilik, you wouldn't know that since he can't be detected via psychic skills.have fun and sorry about the delay post.)
-NPC
Posted: Jan 25 2012, 11:31 PM

Needs Moar Desu
Group Icon

((Sorry this took so long. Life is interfering with inspiration.))

Kira sighed very softly as one of the women in the crowd seemed to find some deep inner requirement to step forward and make a spectacle of herself. Pinching the skin of her nose, she glanced toward her warily, and lifted one frosty brow.

Of course, matters merely got more complicated with the violent one's response. The shades charging her were little more than dogs, and their master was a fool-- not worth bothering to evade.

One: Raving. Stark mad.

Two: Ignorant. Belligerent.

Until the arrogant fool presumed to give her command, she'd found no particular desire to move; but the words sealed his fate.

Turning her head, she watched the crowd shrink further away from her, and lifted her hands to push back the hood shrouding her identity in darkness. Each fine, blue-tinted scale glimmered like a pearl in the dim light, and her flowing hair spilled from the shelter of the robe. The shivering water around her began to resonate with the silent churning of the furious tides of inhumanly round, large sapphire eyes which were focused on one man, and one alone.

"You command nothing." The water spoke words which sounded obvious as lips curled in to a smile. "Welcome to the True Abyss."

Braids of spiraling tides erupted from every cup, goblet, and bucket around her with force enough to throw the pieces of their broken containers in every direction. They stretched like spires in to the sky, to meet and coalesce tightly overhead.

"Do you have lungs, or gills?" She wondered as the tides shot to wrap the complication in it's watery grip, and the flaps lining both sides of her neck opened and closed very slowly.
-Akio Fairchild
Posted: Jan 28 2012, 12:12 AM

Group Icon

"You command nothing. Welcome to the True Abyss."

Samantha was wrong about them... They obviously were not a team. The man's words suggested her as an underling, but this was something that the woman would not tolerate.

Her revealed scales shone a brilliant blue, a perfect complement to her eyes. Her features were reminiscent, vaguely, of a fish, some sort of mer-person which Samantha had never recalled seeing, even in all the time she spent at the Orion Ruins, where such underwater breathers would have found their talents put well at work.

Samantha found herself moving now without thinking, shooting at the man, Kilik, with as much force as she could manage to send the rocks beneath her feet. She lept, but the earth continued to flow towards their target, leaving her behind. She landed, stumbled, and fell, scraping her hands against the cold stone. She pulled herself up again, her hands now encased in stone, leading up to just before the joint of her arm.

Her arms now encased, they molded into a shape reminiscent of gauntlets, yet somewhat garbled by her lack of focus.

"Two against one, big man," she mused, "Are you gonna give up your foolish crusade now?"

She ignored the fact that she had already insulted the mer-person, by associating her with Kilik, but that didn't matter to her in this moment. Her spirits were up, the world was beginning to slow, and her dander was up. She wanted to fight.

"Or are we gonna have to beat you around a bit?"
-Kilik
Posted: Jan 28 2012, 07:41 PM

Group Icon

Water cascading around him was amusing. Drake's sword gave him a mastery that was almost incomparable to even the greatest master's. "This is what you have to spare?" His energy was already mixing with the water. A flick of his blade and he was free. It still rained fire. The maelstrom continued and one headed for him. Kilik chuckled as he made no movement as the fire slammed upon him. The burning was unbearable, he could already smell the flesh. His flesh. "Does it burn?" He whispered in pleasing agony. With that he contorted his magic allowing the raining fire to settle. The few mage's left alive became tainted turning undead as the ethereal creature's clawed upon kira to share his pain with her. Then there was the twist.

The undead mage's rushed to his aid. allowing Kilik to touch them. to be healed by the amythist and as Kilik drained their essence so too did he laugh.

a myriad of dark magic's were chanted anointing the arts Kilik spoke. "How does it feel when the world is against you? two against one... foolish beyond measure."

electricity sparked from his fingers. four three foot arcane walls level with the ground hovered two feet above them surrounding them. marking an area of fifty feet. Kilik stood just outside as they cackled with the arcane. Kilik laughed as another voice whispered. "any last request's?" The high level vind spell replicated in a spiraling maner, and within the - barricade- a giant thundaganna that reached it's fence.

(maelStrom continued, Water alchemy to escape her water spell i believe, manip. taint, drain essence-to power the spells, amythist special healing Kilik, a combo vindagan-thundaganna that was copied. multiple Times. also kira should share Kilik's pain but none of the healing. as always if i get gmoddingish let me know. but yeah he does have all these wonderful spells. also with drain essence say 6 mage's around him at approx. 500 Post so call it a 1.5 k post increase. unless you want me to get the post count approval from an admin. that should be all.
-Akio Fairchild
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 02:22 PM

Group Icon

The attacks took her by shock, both literaly and figuratively. She found herself unable to move, for a moment.

As quickly as she could, Samantha began to crawl away, to escape those people who had proven to be much more powerful than she ever could be. The earth beneath her began to shift, lifting her off the ground and carrying her away. Her hand trailed along the ground and plants began to grow.

They were trees.

First, a few sprouts, then some saplings, but as she moved along, the trees quickly grew, becoming taller and larger than when they had started. Samantha was attempting to build a wall of wood, a barrier to block the lightning from reaching her. If she survived this... If she was able to escape... That could only be decided by how well her defense held up. She hoped. Prayed. Then attempted to escape.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
((OoC: yeah... made a new topic because I had, quite honestly, forgotten about this one... If she can, Samantha's gonna escape from this place.))
-NPC
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 02:13 PM

Needs Moar Desu
Group Icon

((Drake's Daikatana: Considered to be the first of the modern heroes, Drake died fighting Methos in a deadly battle at the Prism Ruins. His daikatana thought to be lost, is said to be the embodiment of a water dragon. This blade when used drips with water, almost as if it is crying. It grants the spell Watergana and the ability Water Alchemy rank 4 to the wielder. It has an edge that can cut through almost any material.

Mastery is rank 5; which is what Kira has.

I also like how you just took a comet without getting pancaked-- just burned. Nice use with the vind, though.))

((Also, sorry this took so long. Procrastination is a bitch.))

The fool sought to use her own element against her-- laughable. She had been born, so long ago, unto the sea's-- been taken upon death's great crest to the Abyss; where Her native inhabitants learned to develop light of their own making. She had walked in the footsteps of the White Queen for millenia, had parted oceans more vast than such pitiful mortals as those which plagued the crevices of this small world could fathom.

The vermin of the ground-- so very presumptious-- dared to pique the wrath of the Abyss? To stand between Her and Her daughter? Well enough. She would let the water slip from her grasp-- most of it, at least. Though she only needed a teaspoons worth, water was a tremulous element, and his divided attention wouldn't be able to hold as much as could fill a bucket. It condensed, even as the rest whipped away in a shower of droplets, in a reversed bubble around his head.

She didn't have to hurt him, to kill him. Mortal land dwellers needed to breathe.

The fire was uncomfortable; but it didn't hurt for long. Another shift of attention-- trying to move more quickly than they could react-- brought his mind away from the water altogether, and she gathered it with ease to rush for him with crushing force.

Her influence would fill every crack. Every crevice. A cyllinder of water-- much easier to maintain than this thrashing all around her-- would push against him, erasing every hope of movement; and he was lucky that she was without her partner on that night.

Eyes flickering toward the fleeing girl, she shook her head very softly and shifted to follow-- only so far as to the edge of her make shift cover. She only needed a moment.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Topic Options

-

This Forum/Skin/Image buttons and all that is Dark Forest is the property of the Dark Forest Community. Any use of any materials on this forum must come with the expressed written permission of all members on this forum. Weapon Icons were from a freeware version of Shinning Force II. This Skin was created by Lumine, especially for all my lovely friends on the forum!

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2205 seconds | Archive