Home | News | Downloads | Projects | Articles | Awards | Forums | Chat | Guestbook | About | Arcade
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now

This menu has been disabled

Today's Top 10 Posters · My Last 10 Posts Board and IRC Rules · Help · Members · Calendar

Pages: (12) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Rivereye, My first RPG
rivereye
Posted: 14 Nov, 2005, 10:24

Unregistered

I am debating on an RPG, if I want to make one. I am thinking about basing it of myself, and other people who want to be in it. I have no idea where to start though. Help.
Spellshaper
Posted: 14 Nov, 2005, 10:35

Unregistered

For a storyline, itīs always funny to combine real-life circumstances with fantasy elements ^^ biggrin.gif
rivereye
Posted: 14 Nov, 2005, 10:41

Unregistered

I'll take into consideration. I am thinking for the first project on just using the Home screen, but maybe the graph would be better, oinions? Remeber, this is a first RPG
Spellshaper
Posted: 14 Nov, 2005, 11:06

Unregistered

I personally think it depends on how much time u want to invest into it...
using the graph screen means sprite-making, complex mapping engine (if u donīt use (asm)utilities)
the home screen, on the other hand, doesnīt require sprite making, but it doesnīt look that good...
u could also think about a menu-based RPG

I personally think that for beginners, the home screen offers much and doesnīt require too much coding...

(My current project is also my first... itīs graphical and uses the graph screen, and Iīve been working on it for over 1 year now and Iīm nowhere near done...)

This post has been edited by Spellshaper on 16 Nov, 2005, 12:07
tifreak8x
Posted: 14 Nov, 2005, 13:24

Unregistered

QUOTE (Spellshaper @ 14 November 2005, 11:06)
I personally depends on how much time u want to invest into it...
using the graph screen means sprite-making, complex mapping engine (if u donīt use (asm)utilities)
the home screen, on the other hand, doesnīt require sprite making, but it doesnīt look that good...
u could also think about a menu-based RPG

I personally think that for beginners, the home screen offers much and doesnīt require too much coding...

(My current project is also my first... itīs graphical and uses the graph screen, and Iīve been working on it for over 1 year now and Iīm nowhere near done...)

Hey now. Have you looked at the pokemon screenshots from my game to the original? It is all on the homescreen, and looks pretty close to the original game...

If you know what you are doing, the homescreen can be better laid out than the graphscreen, and much easier to code...

Then again, Kevin's Zelda is on the homescreen...
xlibman
Posted: 14 Nov, 2005, 19:50

Group: Founder
Member No.: 1

sound nice, now I see from where does the "rivereye" name camr from rolleyes2.gif
do it homescreen, old school style love.gif
Spellshaper
Posted: 15 Nov, 2005, 8:17

Unregistered

QUOTE (tifreak8x @ 14 November 2005, 19:24)
Hey now. Have you looked at the pokemon screenshots from my game to the original? It is all on the homescreen, and looks pretty close to the original game...

I know biggrin.gif
but then, if youīre a beginner, youīll still spend much time deciding on what char to use where...
xlibman
Posted: 15 Nov, 2005, 10:25

err nope it was easy to choose even when I started using home screen sprites for maps engines in early 2002 smile.gif
rivereye
Posted: 15 Nov, 2005, 16:10

Unregistered

ok, I will do home screen. Do you recomend any ASM libs for help? I am thining of making myself and R, and other players letters that their name begin with, make it easier.
xlibman
Posted: 15 Nov, 2005, 16:12

Resource, Flash Gordon. If you want to do some cool stuff with homescreen try BASIC tools by Michael Vincent smile.gif
rivereye
Posted: 15 Nov, 2005, 17:14

Unregistered

will do. I guess I will reveal the stroy of my name

edit: can I get links to those libs?

This post has been edited by rivereye on 15 Nov, 2005, 17:15
xlibman
Posted: 15 Nov, 2005, 17:22

rivereye
Posted: 15 Nov, 2005, 17:24

Unregistered

thanks
xlibman
Posted: 16 Nov, 2005, 9:24

I hope to see screenies in action soon smile.gif
rivereye
Posted: 16 Nov, 2005, 11:31

Unregistered

well, I have to do some coding first

Edit: have room moving done now. http://www.rivereye.net/A.8xp

I know, same as old link. This is what the RPG will be like for rooms and the map. Now to just build the entire map.

This post has been edited by rivereye on 11 Dec, 2005, 13:14
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (12) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

TI-Freakware's TI Ring
TI-Freakware's TI Ring
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >> ]

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.5671 seconds | Archive

Skin by xlibman and Jc
All programs and games are property of their respective owners.