Hey all! I figured that what we need now is maybe a class thread to bring all the student characters together. I think this was already brought up before in the cbox. Anyway, everybody has different majors so maybe we could follow Columbia University's core curriculum below. That way all students would be required to take it.
- Literature Humanities - A seminar surveying the great works of Western literature
- Contemporary Civilization - A seminar surveying the great works of Western philosophy and social theory
- Art Humanities - A seminar surveying the great works of Western art
- Music Humanities - A seminar surveying the great works of Western music. An exemption exam is offered for qualified students.
- University Writing - A seminar designed to inculcate university-level writing skills
- Foreign Language - A distribution requirement intended to instill at least an intermediate level of a foreign language
- Frontiers of Science - A lecture and seminar course designed to instill "scientific habits of mind"
- Other Science - A distribution requirement over any scientific disciplines
- Global Core - A distribution requirement meant to lessen the perceived Eurocentric biases of the other Core classes
- Physical Education
To get this started, Hill would be more than happy to take over the Frontiers of Science (ten bucks says he clashes with Herbert West here) and Other Science classes! What do you all think?