|We regret to announce that Into Narnia has closed. |
As you may have noticed, we’ve decided the site could use a little bit of an overhaul. If you notice any problems with the skin, please make sure to let one of the admins know.
We’re cleaning up old apps, weeding out the inactive members. If you plan on sticking around, invite out some friends, tell people about us.
In an attempt to show the common people that Caspian is a king for all Narnians and Telmarines alike and not solely the nobles as his usurping uncle was, Caspian has taken the advice of his advisors and friends and a feast open to all has been arranged.
All are welcome to participate – humans, talking beasts, Narnians and Telmarines, nobility and the poor.
The Rules, Read Them!
Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 6
Joined: 30-April 10
Below are the rules and guidelines of the site. Please read them before you do anything on the site, as all players are responsible for knowing the rules. Feel free to ask a staff member if you have any questions.General Guidelines
- No plagiarism. Period. If you try to pass off someone else's work as your own, it will get you banned. Plagiarism is stealing.
- Into Narnia is a PG-13 RPG. More specifically, we adhere to the following RPG-Rating:
Language 1: Infrequent, mild swearing is permitted. Profanity is strongly discouraged in all OOC posting areas.
Sexual Content 1: Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted. Fade-to-black is required; we do not permit explicit representations or references to genitalia or sex acts.
Violence 2: Explicit description or in-game narration of violence is permitted. However, avoid describing extreme graphic violence in detail.
- Spamming will not be tolerated. "Spam stands for Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages" (Urban Dictionary) Please make your posts count.
- Advertising is restricted to the Advertising forum. If you want to affiliate with IN, pm an administrator. Otherwise, keep it out of the general forums. Exception: You may have one link in your signature to another roleplaying site. You may also use the website feature of your profile to accomplish this.
- Please be respectful of the staff and other members here.
- Your registered name must be set to your character's full, first or nick name. Please use standard/proper capitalization. If you find you've registered with the wrong name, just PM an admin, and specify the name you want the current one changed to.
- Please make a new account for every character you have.
- If you have an avatar, it must be 150x150px and must portray your character.
- The total size of your signature must be no more than 500px wide and 200px high. You must also include a link to your character application in your signature.
- Into Narnia is an intermediate-level, English-based game, and therefore, all RP posts must be written in English. Speech or thoughts may be written in another language, but it's polite to provide a translation. With the exception of letter and journal threads, RP posts should be written in past tense and in the third person. Also, use formal language in your posts: no chat speak, 1337 speak, or needless abbreviations. Please also use a spelling or grammar check on your IC posts.
- Quality first, then quantity: There are no word caps or word minimums for posts. However, please make your posts count. A good rule of thumb would be to post as much as the person above you. Another good guideline would be to make your posts at least a paragraph long. Any shorter, and your post probably isn't contributing much to the thread. If a staff member asks you to make your posts longer, please comply.
- Please post regularly. We know people have lives, but remember that you made a commitment to post when you joined an RP thread. Therefore, we have a monthly activity check. You may miss two consecutive activity checks without penalty, but may be marked inactive after the third missed check. If you're going to be leaving for a certain time, you may be excused from the check if you've posted an announcement on the absences board. You may play as many characters as you can keep up with.
- Under no circumstances can an original character cross the threshold into the Narnian universe from Earth. This is a precautionary measure to ensure that this doesn't become a cross-over RPG, and that we keep with Lewis' vision of Narnia, where characters only crossed into Narnia from Earth for a specific, significant purpose.
- No power playing. In other words, never control another player's character or NPC without their permission. Further, please keep things open ended in your posts; do not force perceptions or actions on other characters.
- No god-modding. You may not make your characters invincible, omniscient, or all-powerful. Your character can react to the other character's visible actions and appearance, speech, etc, but keep what you know and what your character knows separate. If you have any doubts or questions, feel free to PM the character's player.
- Death is a natural part of life, even in a roleplaying game. Your character can die in this game, but not likely without your permission. Once your character is dead, there is no way to bring him or her back to life.
- Please keep OOC comments in roleplay threads short. If you must include OOC comments, tag them with "OOC" or something so we know that they are not part of the RP. Please use the Plot Discussion forum or PMs for longer conversations.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.