Gary Lucy Online -> Gary Interview

InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Gary Lucy Online. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Latest News
Welcome to Gary Lucy Online © 2005

Gary debuts in The Bill from December 14th.

Read the brand new interview with Gary from closer magazine.

Visit the main site.

Gary Lucy at Celebrity Link

Add Us To Your Favorites   Make Gary Lucy Online Your Homepage

Forum Rules What is this forum for?

Chat about Gary in this forum.

Board rules apply.

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply To This TopicStart New TopicStart Poll

Gary Interview, Daily Express Saturday Magazine
jennied
Posted: Dec 10 2005, 04:05 PM

Gary Rulez
Group Icon

Group: Dedicated Member
Member No.: 3

Just to let you all know there is an interview with Gary in the Daily Express Saturday Magazine (The Last Word page!)
If you can't get the paper or whatever let me know and i'll post it in here for you if you want!
PMe-mailMSN
Helen
Posted: Dec 10 2005, 08:46 PM

Gary's Girl
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (jennied @ Dec 10 2005, 04:05 PM)
Just to let you all know there is an interview with Gary in the Daily Express Saturday Magazine (The Last Word page!)
If you can't get the paper or whatever let me know and i'll post it in here for you if you want!

would be cool if you could post it Jennied as I don't get that paper.

Helen
PMe-mailWWW
caz
Posted: Dec 10 2005, 09:48 PM

Caz Lucy
Group Icon

Member No.: 98

yeah can you post it please...i dont get that paper (words are to big for me hahahahaha)
PMe-mailMSN
jennied
Posted: Dec 11 2005, 01:06 PM

Gary Rulez
Group Icon

Lol - i don't get that paper either it's my mum and dad who read it! The words are too big for me too :tongue
I was just sat watching tv when my mum started shouting me saying is this that bloke you like and i was like YES! hehe!
Anyway here is the full interview:

The Last Word

Gary Lucy

Gary Lucy became a teenage heart-throb when he joined Hollyoaks as Luke Morgan in 1999. Soon after leaving the Channel 4 soap, he was cast as Kyle Pascoe in Footballers Wives. Last year, he played Ray Winstoneís son in the ITV1 drama Sheís Gone, and this week he joins The Bill as PC Will Fletcher. Gary, 24, lives in Essex with his girlfriend, model-turned-paediatric nurse Natasha Gray, and their three-month old daughter, India.

Tell us about your character in The BillÖ
Will is not new to the force but this is his first time in the Met. Heís really keen to impress because heís the new boy. Heís a good cop Ė not a Gabriel Kent type!

On his first day, Will is stopped for dangerous driving. Are you a speed freak?
I used to be, but Iím not now. Iím a bit of an impatient driver, because I always seem to be in a rush to get somewhere when Iím in the car. I canít stand Sunday drivers.

How did you prepare for your new role?
The Bill arranged for me to have a day out with the Kennington police in south London. They arrested someone and he got in the car with us. When they got him back to the station they found that he had a knife on him. That was a bit of an eye-opener.

Have you ever had any run-ins with the law?
I can safely say Iíve never had any Ė you can dig as hard as you like!

Has becoming a father changed you?
Itís made me able to cope with very little sleep. I donít think it changes you, it alters your outlook. You have more of a sense of responsibility.

Have you had to curb your party lifestyle since the birth of your daughter?
No, Iíd already made a conscious decision to step away from all that before India was born. If you get too involved with that scene, people will lose sight of the fact that youíre an actor.

Why did you choose to name her India?
It was down to Natasha. It wasnít that she was conceived there or anything.

How will you spend your first Christmas as a family?
Natasha and I usually go away, but this year we want to be at home. There will be plenty of eating and sleeping Ė itíll give me a chance to catch up.

Do you have any plans to get married or have more children?
Not at the moment. Weíre just trying to adapt to having a new baby, so there arenít any immediate plans to get married.

Do you believe in love at first sight?
I believe in attraction, but not love at first sight. You have to work on that. You can click with someone, but love is a very strong word.

Whatís the most romantic thing youíve ever done?
This year on Valentines Day, I took Natasha to Verona in Italy, and she really enjoyed it. Usually, things go wrong for me in that area. One year we were in Thailand and had an outdoor Jacuzzi. I turned it on and when I went back outside it was covered in ants!

Apparently, Cristian Solimeno, who played Jason Turner in Footballers Wives, is going to make a cameo appearance in the last-ever episode of the show. Have you been approached to appear?
No, I havenít. I wish I had. I had a really good time there, so Iíd never say never to going back, but I donít think Iíd be able to fit anything in at the moment.

Do you keep in touch with any of the cast from Footballers Wives or Hollyoaks?
I speak to Susie Amy (Garyís screen wife, Chardonnay) and ZoŽ Lucker (Tanya Turner) every now and again, and Mikyla Dodd (who played Chloe Bruce) from Hollyoaks is a very close friend.

What has been the most embarrassing moment of your career?
The shower scenes in Footballers Wives Ė it was very cold, honest! And some of the outfits I had to wear on the show were pretty embarrassing, too.

How do you feel about shooting love scenes?
Itís one of those things. Iíve been very fortunate that the girls I have had to work with have been absolutely gorgeous, but thereís nothing sexy about it Ė itís quite a technical process. Itís awkward because youíve got to make sure youíre in the light and not masking the girl.

Whatís the best celebrity party youíve ever been to?
If it was that good, I probably wouldnít remember much about it.

What is your biggest regret?
I donít really have regrets, Iím a great believer in looking forward, not back. Having said that, I wish Iíd picked the winning lottery numbers on Saturday night!

Whatís the weirdest dream youíve ever had?
All my dreams are very vivid and weird. I have arguments and conversations while Iím asleep, apparently. The other day, I had a dream I was on the island in Lost, being chased by something. That was very bizarre.

Whatís the strangest thing that youíve ever read about yourself in the papers?
I could name a few tabloid stories that have amazed me, but this is a family magazine. I wish I could have done some of the things I apparently used to get up to.

Whatís the most bizarre piece of fan mail youíve ever received?
When I was on Hollyoaks, an old woman used to send me letters asking me to meet up with her. Obviously, I wouldnít turn up and sheíd send me another letter telling me off for not being there. Then she started sending me pictures of her and her mum, and the final letter said, ďThatís it, itís over. Tell Marcus Patric (who plays Ben) Iíll be writing to him!Ē

How do you cheer yourself up when youíre down?
I play with the bubba. Having baby time always cheers me up.

.......................................................................................................................

Gary is so sweet about India in that interview aaw i am so jealous of Natasha lol :laughing

This post has been edited by jennied on Dec 11 2005, 01:08 PM
PMe-mailMSN
Helen
Posted: Dec 11 2005, 01:15 PM

Gary's Girl
Group Icon

QUOTE (jennied @ Dec 11 2005, 01:06 PM)
Whatís the most bizarre piece of fan mail youíve ever received?
When I was on Hollyoaks, an old woman used to send me letters asking me to meet up with her. Obviously, I wouldnít turn up and sheíd send me another letter telling me off for not being there. Then she started sending me pictures of her and her mum, and the final letter said, ďThatís it, itís over. Tell Marcus Patric (who plays Ben) Iíll be writing to him!Ē

I remember him mentioning this in another interview - I wonder if she ever did start writing to Marcus.

Thanks for posting this Jennied! Was a nice read.

Helen
PMe-mailWWW
jennied
Posted: Dec 11 2005, 01:22 PM

Gary Rulez
Group Icon

Yeh i recall him mentioning that in another interview too.
Lol - it would have been funny if she had started writing to Marcus that'd be a question to ask him :laughing
No problems thought you might like to read it! I always wanted to know where the India name came from... lol
PMe-mailMSN
caz
Posted: Dec 12 2005, 01:47 PM

Caz Lucy
Group Icon

aw bless him, yeah i'm really jealous of natasha as well!
Some of the stuff i never knew before reading this, but some of the stuff is like argh not this again! In that mag and NEW! they seem to be asking questions that havent been asked which is good!
Thanks for typing that very long interview up hahaha!
PMe-mailMSN
Helen
Posted: Dec 12 2005, 01:50 PM

Gary's Girl
Group Icon

QUOTE (caz @ Dec 12 2005, 01:47 PM)
aw bless him, yeah i'm really jealous of natasha as well!
Some of the stuff i never knew before reading this, but some of the stuff is like argh not this again! In that mag and NEW! they seem to be asking questions that havent been asked which is good!
Thanks for typing that very long interview up hahaha!

That is the thing with interviews though, they can get a little repetative. I mean the first time he mentioned how he's suffering from lack of sleep you're like "aaww, bless! Poor Gary" but after a million times of him saying it it's like "ok, we get the message." But there were some new stuff too, like I didn't know he cut the cord.

Helen
PMe-mailWWW
caz
Posted: Dec 12 2005, 02:14 PM

Caz Lucy
Group Icon

That is the thing with interviews though, they can get a little repetative. I mean the first time he mentioned how he's suffering from lack of sleep you're like "aaww, bless! Poor Gary" but after a million times of him saying it it's like "ok, we get the message." But there were some new stuff too, like I didn't know he cut the cord.

that was exactly what i was thinking, i also notice that he uses the same answers alot. like he made a conscience decision to leaving partying behind him. but hey he is probs just as bored avin to say the same thing all the time.
PMe-mailMSN
Helen
Posted: Dec 12 2005, 02:17 PM

Gary's Girl
Group Icon

QUOTE (caz @ Dec 12 2005, 02:14 PM)

that was exactly what i was thinking, i also notice that he uses the same answers alot. like he made a conscience decision to leaving partying behind him. but hey he is probs just as bored avin to say the same thing all the time.

Yeah, I mean it's not his fault that the people interviewing him have no originality and ask the same questions over and over again.

Helen
PMe-mailWWW
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Reply To This TopicStart New TopicStart Poll

Skin created by Vision of the InvisionFree Skin Zone.net

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1046 seconds | Archive