I. :::: CONTENT AND AGE ::::
• Fangs n Fur is an 18+ RP. I am interested in “adult” play with other adults. Anyone who lies about his age will be summarily banned. By registering on this board, you agree that you are 18 years of age or older and that you accept responsibility for your actions and the content you peruse while on this site.
• Game ratings range from PG-13 to NC-17. Any and all NC-17 content must be placed in the adult forum. No exceptions.II. :::: MEMBERS AND POSTING ::::
• Usernames and Handles: When you apply, apply with a generic name, not the name of a character. Make sure that this username includes the letters "FF" at the beginning(ie "FFwere"). This assures us both that you are an actual user and not a spambot and that you have read our rules. Thanks for doing this. Regardless of whether you apply as a canon or an OC, an admin will change your name to that of your chosen character once your application has been read and accepted. Failure to register such a name may result in holding up your registration.
• OOC Posts: No netspeak please. It reflects badly upon you and I know you can do better. Shameful content like discrimination or ad hominem attacks are not tolerated.III. :::: BEHAVIOR ::::
• Respect your fellow members; do not harass them on the board and do not engage in extraboard harassment. If two members have personal conflicts (from other sites or history), these conflicts are expected to remain OFF of the Fangs n Fur site, including PM. OOC nonsense can get you banned from the site, I won't have it.
• Respect staff; listen and do what you are told the first time. If you have a question or have found a bug and wish to notify the staff, please feel free to do so quietly. In addition, if there is a problem/conflict between you and the staff, I promise to conduct myself professionally, talk things out with you in an appropriate private setting, and not discuss my position with others who are not involved. I expect the same from you. I understand if you become upset with me, but shooting off your mouth to get sympathy against the “establishment” just makes you look like a jerk. Trust me, I'm the type who never wanted to be the “establishment,” I just want to be as fair as possible to everyone.
• If someone has an issue or questions with the board, including newbies, politely help them as best as you can. If the member behaves inappropriately, warn them; if they persist, send the webmaster and any available staff member a message detailing the name, date, and actions of the offender. Screenshots and documentation are always good backup (though not infallible for obvious reasons).IV. :::: BANNING ::::
Any of these behaviors will have you immediately banned. There are no second chances.
: Making repeated attacks on another member or staffee. These include attacks on a member's property (i.e. computer, home, etc.), their person (threatening messages, stalking, excessive insulting, et al), or their intellectual properties (coding, sites, games, traditional arts, etc.).
: Publishing false statements damaging to a person's reputation.
: Deliberately publishing false information in the aim of misleading the general public.
: Maliciously hacking into the Fangs n Fur site and its properties or its friends in order to steal, destroy, or alter without the owner's consent.
: Misrepresenting another's works as your own in violation of copyright or stealing another's works before copyright can be verified.
: Posing as or stealing someone else's identity in order to mislead others and destroy reputations.
: Posting useless, inappropriate, or misplaced content; reposting the same information continually. This tends to piss people off, so don't do it.V. :::: IMAGES AND LINKS ::::
• Avatars must be 150x150 pixels or less and should not be over 30 kb. It is not required that they be a celebrity, but they must look like your character. This includes accurate portrayal of your character's age. Please, if using a celebrity, use one whose age is within 5 years of your character.
Photos and drawings are acceptable, though photos are preferred.
• Signatures should not extend beyond 500x250 pixels.
• Keep all links in your signatures and avatars up to date so that no one has to look at your broken images.
• Images should be only in .png, .jpg, or .gif. Some browsers do not accept .png, so be warned.
• Don't link us to Asian SIuts or other pornographic sites, gambling sites, or sites with hateful material (i.e. anything racist, sexist, gay-bashing).VI. ::: ROLEPLAYING ::::
: Reading the game rules and information before applying and posting leads to a successful, happy game. It increases your chances of having a character accepted and being allowed to play unmolested.
: Please wait until you’re approved to begin posting. This should not take long as I am usually somewhere near my computer every day. You may be rejected the first time you apply. Please do not take this personally. I promise that should I reject your application, you will receive instructions on how to fix it to be approved. You will have one shot to reapply and be accepted.
: If the character you have in your mind is related in some way (pre-RP time)to an existing character, you are required to ASK that other character's writer if they are open to having such a person in the game (Eric may not want a little brother/new puppy/houseplant, nor may such a person fit into their current plot ideas). Also you may come in with a great plot idea for yourself and another character already in your head and that's awesome! Way to go you. However, please understand that some people will be more than happy to jump straight in with a newbie and some will require a little more time to get acclimated to you and your style before you jump in with the big guns. Please allow them this time. Also, I ask if you do wish to create a character who is related in some way to another that you please make that character your second or third so that again, the other RPers can get used to you, and know that you're not the type who will love 'em and leave 'em.
: is posted in the sidebar of the game. I will change the month of the board on or around the first of every month, so plots don't stagnate. Please pay attention and attempt to have your character behave in a manner appropriate for the year and month in which the RP is currently taking place in New Orleans. Your character may go streaking through the park in January if he so chooses, but be prepared for certain bits of his anatomy to drop off from frostbite. Also, it is expected that your roleplay take place within the month that the board is currently in. No working ahead, kids, it gets confusing. The exception is any AU rping or rping to showcase something that happened in the past. Both cases should be clearly marked.
: All major player subplots that change a character's development or may potentially change the structure or plot of the game must be communicated to other writers who may be impacted. I realize that it’s impossible to foresee every possible ripple which may occur as a result of your plot/character choice, but you are required to at least make an attempt to contact others who are impacted. This includes, but is not limited to: breakups, cheating, etc etc. If in doubt, talk out the plot.
: We have no minimum length requirement on posts in general, but content and execution is preferred over length. Be sure to give the other players something to respond to (put some thought into it before you post, how would you respond if this post were directed toward your character?). Length does not equal literacy, thought and good writing does.
: Players should post at least twice a week per thread per character. However, if you have characters in important or very active threads, you may need to post more. Please post in the away thread when you'll be gone longer than a week. If you'll be gone for longer than two, please send a PM to an admin, advising us as to how long you'll be gone. Unless you will be out of the country or something, you are required to make an away post every two weeks at least. However, if you post only in the away thread or any non-rp thread more than 5 continuous times, your activity will be subject to review. Also, if I feel that you're posting (anywhere) simply to avoid being deleted, I reserve the right to either delete your character or to hand it over to another player. Canon character accounts (or certain adoptables) will have their passwords changed and be retained to turn over to another player should they become inactive.
: Plotstomping is unacceptable. If you come upon a plot where someone else's character is the star, don't steal the spotlight. Pay attention to what's going on; if the thread is already established and there was no plan to include you, decide if it's really necessary for your character to be there, and then ask permission to join from the thread's players.
• Fair Play
: Godplaying/godmodding, are unacceptable. Godplaying and godmodding are when you manipulate the actions of another character. That’s not cool and it’s not fair. Feel free to mention generic things which do not “put words into other chars mouths (ie “She saw the look on his face”),” but DO NOT make up the other character’s moods/feelings unless you are authorized to do so. You may see some of us doing just that to one another. That is because we’ve been playing together a while and have authorized one another to make minor decisions for each other’s chars. We promise we will not do it to your characters without your approval. Please do not do the same to others.
: Finish what you start; don't leave threads languishing in limbo while other people's characters are trapped there. If you start a plot, you should either finish it OR hand it off to another willing player for THEM to finish it however they want. If you do abandon a major plot point and leave another character hanging, they have the express right to make up what happened with the plot. Please do not whine if this happens.
: If you’re going to be away, please make it a point not to enter new group threads. It’s all right if you are in some which are still going, but please don’t get upset if you get left in the dust. You were the one who left and the rest of the players are not required to wait for you if they choose not to do so.
: Don't do it. Metagaming means taking advantage of what you, the player, know about game mechanics and other players and characters. What you know and what your characters know are different. Your character's access to information is necessarily narrower than yours; don't abuse your personal knowledge in order to place your character in a "better" position. It's poor gamesmanship and just plain boring. No one loves someone who wins all the time.
• OOC vs IC
: What happens in the game stays in the game. Players shouldn't form enmities or alliances based on whose character did what to someone else's character; likewise, a bad relationship between players should not influence what happens in the game. That's silly and ruins the fun for others. Please, let’s keep this game from becoming personal. It’s just for fun, guys.
: We love the little ones, really we do. However, this is not a nursery. If your upcoming plot involves your character having, adopting, or otherwise obtaining a child, you are required to submit that plot to admin for approval. In RP as in life, children are a big step. However, unlike life, those wonderful little snuggly bundles of joy can be a real plot-killer. With respect to the parents among us, who wants to read about 4am feedings, baby sitters, and diaper changes all the time? If your character has a child, we prefer them to be verbal, ‘cause honestly, they’re a hell of a lot more fun/trouble once they can talk.
• Keeping things lively
: Your character may want things to be even and easy. Who among us really wants strife and pain in our lives? However, you as the writer are required to keep things interesting. This does not mean dropping a load of angst and drama on your character’s head daily. What it means is, have your character say the wrong thing; do the wrong thing from time to time. It keeps things interesting. Have them do something foolish or impulsive (unless that’s really not their style), see where it takes them.
• Mary Sues
: We all have read them. . .the perfect character. The one who speaks five languages and has the perfect hair, perfect life and can do your laundry, taxes, fix your carburetor and remove that pesky brain tumor for you, all before breakfast. Perfection is boring; please don’t bring a Mary Sue character here. Bleh. How dull. Be prepared: you may have to rewrite your application if your character is suspected of being a Sue.
: Every board member may have two characters to start with. Once a member has been actively a part of this board for one (1) month, they may add a third upon approval by the admin staff. This means you must contact an admin before you apply. Failure to do so will result in automatic denial of your application. Once a member has been actively a member of this board for three months (and wrangling three characters for two of them), they are free to ask to add a fourth. Again, failure to ask will result in automatic denial of the application. The MAXIMUM number of characters any one member may play is four (4). Those given extra character space will be expected to go above and beyond the minimum post limit of two posts per week per character and should have no less than one completed thread per month, per character. Approval of extra characters is based on activity. People get attached to characters, and when those characters get neglected, it affects the flow of the board and the rp. If you are approved for four characters and any one of them is simply neglected and left to the inactivity purge (ie, you do not discuss their deletion with me), you will not be approved to "fill the slot" with another. If you are clearly unable to handle four, you will only be permitted to play what you can conceivably handle. Any questions on this, feel free to seek out an Admin.Next Step: Click Here
Thanks to Lain of http://www.vagranteden.com/forum/
for the format and a lot of the wording.