welcome to chimera!

CHIMERA is a riddle-era roleplay.

It is currently October of 1942, three years after the beginning of WWII and Grindelwald's war.

We are accepting canons and originals.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

MOVED
CHIME HAS MOVED! Follow us!

add reply
New Poll

burned deep into my brain;, Professor Merrythought
Antioch Longbottom
Posted: Feb 16 2012, 05:09 PM

played by liberty -------------------- 7th year
Group Icon

Group: Gryffindor
Member No.: 338

Arthur was almost startled as class ended. Defense Against the Dark Arts was perhaps one of the few subjects that he actually was focused in. It was a rare day that his attention wandered, though, they did come as they did in all things. He was just immersed by the subject matter. It was the strategy put into fighting and the mechanisms that could be used to fend for yourself - it was exciting, in a way, just to hear about it. He could envision himself employing these methods later in life, perhaps when he was an auror, if he so made it into the program. If not, well that was a sincere loss. Though, he was sure he'd never be out of practice. He always had the contacts he made from the dueling club to have a spot of fun whenever he'd need it. Not to mention, there would always be Augusta who was pretty damn good at dueling herself.

As it so went, it was a class where he did not notice the time go by. As everyone moved to leave the room in a flurry of parchment being rolled up hurriedly and quills being shoved into bookbags, he did both sluggishly, making sure not to smear the ink on his notes and not to break the quill tip as he tucked it into his bag's front. It was as if he'd just woken from a dream, the feeling. His friends all waited for him by the door, but he waved for them to go ahead. Leaving the room always left him a little serious, even more so now when he was serious at the strangest of times. His thoughts often fell to the situation of things with Augusta and those incorrigible feelings he seemed to develop out of nowhere. It sobered him sometimes and it was quite strange.

Still reluctant to fully leave, he gave a small smile to Professor Merrythought at the front of the classroom. "Good Afternoon, then, Professor," he said respectfully.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
^
Professor Merrythought
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 11:23 PM

played by emily -------------------- DADA
Group Icon

Group: Faculty
Member No.: 453

With her smile still firmly placed on her lips Galatea delicately placed her wand down, content with her work and class today. It was always a bittersweet feeling, teaching. After all of the years it never seemed to get easier either. In fact the professor seemed to notice it got harder and harder – especially as the year moved along. New faces and new skill sets to try and mold into knowledgeable adults. And yet they always seemed younger and harder to teach. Further away perhaps. One day, Galatea was sure of it, she simply wouldn’t be able to teach anymore. But that day was far in the future. She was almost sure of it. All the same, when she finished classes she almost hoped her students felt as sad as she did it was all ending. Just a little bit. It was fun – she hoped – that they didn’t rush out. Or at least she tried to make it that way.

As the Defense against the Dark Arts professor looked to her things, she listened as the typical noises rose up and slowly disappeared. The sounds of chairs being pushed this way and that, parchment being rolled up, bags being shuffled about, even sometimes being dropped here or there, and of course that fine sound of shuffling feet out of her classroom before the final slam of her door and complete silence; or at least that was what she was expecting to hear. Tending to a few rolls of parchment that needed to be rolled up and a pair of books that could be shelved back with their siblings, Galatea listened as all of those noises rang out like clockwork save for the last two. Turning around behind her desk, her back facing the many empty desks, Galatea quickly put her books back in their proper locations on her shelves before turning around to find that her classroom wasn’t as empty as she thought it should be.

She had felt the present, like someone was still lingering about, but who exactly it was couldn’t be told until she turned around to find the Gryffindor now at the front of the classroom. “Ah, mister Longbottom. Found the class informative I hope. Is there something… I can do for you?” Galatea greeted the boy, her smile beaming a little brighter now as she leaned against her desk. This was almost too perfect, she thought to herself, but she couldn’t tell if this was perfect by accident or luck. Did Longbottom have a question about class today or was there something else?

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
^
Antioch Longbottom
Posted: Mar 5 2012, 08:20 PM

played by liberty -------------------- 7th year
Group Icon

Group: Gryffindor
Member No.: 338

Not having a next class to get to for another hour, his free period currently in session, Arthur wasn't in a rush to get out of his classroom. As he exited, he heard her response and he was more than happy to make conversation and acknowledge it. "Always informative, Professor," he said with a smile. "I thought it was particularly interesting that amulets do have some legitimacy. Previously, I was under the impression they were all hoaxes," he said politely, referring to that days lesson on the uses of precautionary defense mechanisms. It was almost enough to make him want to dig out that old brooch his aunt had given him and carry it around in his pocket all day for protection.

"Err, no," he said, thinking on it. Arthur was doing rather well in the class, there was nothing he didn't know that was rather pressing, perhaps if he thought on it longer he'd have a more concrete answer. "I mean, nothing comes to mind," he shrugged. There was, of course, innumerable questions about the subject, but he could go looking for those on his own. It wasn't her job to tell him every insignificant detail about how curses affected the mental capability of a person or how amulets protected against counter curses or even if jinxes still worked under already tampered with conditions. He would have to read and experiment to find that out on his own.

"Err, you don't need help or anything, do you Professor Merrythought?" he asked, rubbing the back of his head thoughtfully. He was perhaps hiding the fact that this wasn't all that random a request, there was some enthusiasm obscured behind his cool demeanor. Working with Professor Merrythought was always exciting. She had so much experience you could tell just from the way she moved lithely. It was fascinating. However, he had to remind himself that there wasn't much all too interesting he could help her out with anyways - perhaps some filing or putting things away. But it would be small repayment for all the knowledge she filled each class with, all the knowledge she provided. It was the least he could do for her.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
^
Professor Merrythought
Posted: Mar 9 2012, 12:44 PM

played by emily -------------------- DADA
Group Icon

Group: Faculty
Member No.: 453

Smiling confidently at her student, Galatea leaned back away from her desk slowly but certainly as she started to fiddle with her paperwork once more. Lifting a scrap piece of paper here and a book there, she knew she was making a greater mess then she had before but she didn’t care. The desk of Galatea Merrythought might have looked like a mess to the outsider but for the woman, she loved it. She knew exactly where everything was and why. Whenever she tried to clean her desk, classroom, even office up too much she began to lose things too much. She had learned to never do that again. Of course there was some need for the proper appearance though. She knew others would look upon her desk and mummer about it so she tried to make it look somewhat presentable. However that was all tossed aside right now. She had something in mind now and needed to find it.

“I’m glad. I’m glad to hear that. And come come now Mister Longbottom, surely you must know by now that you shouldn’t ever think everything is perfect like that. Even the smallest thing will give you a surprise. “ Galatea politely responded, finally finding the piece of parchment she was looking for. With a small gleeful ah-ha, the professor slowly pulled the parchment up and out to scan quickly. The words were scribbled quickly and messy – Galatea’s natural style – but the sketch she had made was perfectly drawn in the bottom left corner. Smirking at the short list of names at the top right corner now, Galatea knew Arthur’s was indeed there.

Looking away from her parchment and back over to the Gryffindor now, Galatea casually crossed her arms over her chest as she contemplated her options. Perhaps it was just her luck that Arthur had stayed after class. “Actually there is Longbottom. Had a inkling did you?” Galatea joked a little before circling around, back towards her bookshelves. Without turning around, Galatea’s hands started to drum over the books, looking for the one she knew so well, as she spoke to boy. “There’s something I would like to do for your class, perhaps next week, however it does take some time to prepare for and doing it all by myself would make it longer. You will concur that simply will not do… I thought you could be useful. Would you mind giving me some assistance? It’s a little…hands on too.” Galatea admitted, turning back to Arthur as she pulled out the thick dark green book from the top shelf.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Topic Options
add reply
New Poll

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0992 seconds | Archive
something wicked skinned by novia of rcr and shadowplay