• irene is the youngest in her family by far, the closest sibling to her being nearly seven years her senior. as a result of having older and more experienced parents, she grew up in a household where discipline was lax and she was slightly spoiled because she was the baby. she was not, however, spoiled by it beyond the usual childhood tantrums; generally speaking, she grew into a generous and compassionate girl.
• as far as her studies go, she is not exactly dedicated. uncertain what she wants to be when she graduates and not finding herself excelling at anything in particular, her homework is still always done - but often done halfheartedly. this doesn't mean that irene isn't quite bright, however, because she is still very clever; her talents lie more in her love of literature and fiction than any academic pursuit. in fact, she even dabbles in short stories herself from time to time, though this is not a concentrated interest and she often lacks the motivation to finish them.
• quite frankly, she lacks the motivation to finish a lot of things. prone to picking up odd projects from time to time, only to abandon them later, she has something of a reputation for her short-lived interests. of course, this also means that she has a very diverse range of talents - which is something one of her best friends, benjy belby
, can really respect.
• she and benjy have been good friends since their third year when they were paired together in potions. both are totally hopeless in the subject. despite the p they got on their project, which managed to burn a hole through the bottom of the cauldron and ruin the shoes of several students, neither was terribly sorry they were assigned it; from then on, they've been extremely close. however, beginning at the end of their last year, benjy also began to look at her as something more. what started as a giggling and slightly silly friendship has turned into a ridiculous crush; he doesn't know whether or not she reciprocates his feelings, if only because he hasn't asked yet. still, he can't get up the courage to talk to her about it - whether or not she cares for him is up to the player.
• outgoing and friendly, has a lot of that gryffindor bravado. she isn't argumentative or even particularly rude, though she does have a tendency to become excitable or overenthusiastic to the point of annoying others. she doesn't often get anxious and has a charming and understated sort of confidence to her. she's an extremely loyal and caring friend, if not terribly obviously, and values honesty and kindness over flashiness and constant flattery.
• aside from their similar senses of humor, she also is able to easily deal with benjy's bouts of "maturity" and affected gravity. irene doesn't seem to mind it, nor does she really ever tease him about it - it's possible she actually finds it endearing. over the course of their friendship, he has also gotten her involved in a few student-organized events to raise money and awareness for both wars; she now has a vested interest all her own, often speaking out about it when it comes up in conversation, and has lately been wondering if she wouldn't do well to go to work as a nurse when she graduates.
• if you're interested in her, feel free to IM me at taylgrrr . the suggested pb is olivia lefebre, particularly her really cute and young looking pictures. please contact if you don't want to use her. please consider because she'll be beautiful and i really, really, REALLY WANT THIS CHARACTER. OMG.