fourth year, muggleborn, ravenclaw
• the alesi's are a modest muggle family. they are not extravagantly wealthy, nor are they particularly poor. cyprien's father works at the local auto-mobile factory and growing up his mother was a homemaker, but since her youngest son has left for hogwarts she has taken up seamstress work at the local tailor. with three mouths to feed, and all growing boys, their finances have always been tight but this has never put a dampner on things.
• born into a muggle family, with two older brothers who never heard head nor tail of any wizarding school, he was hardly expecting his hogwarts acceptance letter, despite the strange occurrences that had popped up around him during his youth. regardless, after the initial hurdle of actually believing
that a wizarding school (and a wizarding world, for that matter!) existed, and that there was a place for him at it, cyprien was as eager and excited as any other wide-eyed muggleborn to start his first year.
• almost the moment the sorting hat had brushed his ears he was sorted into ravenclaw. cyprien went on to become a diligent and hard-working student, spending hours in the library and working on his homework late into the evenings. his dedication to his studies has always been impressive, but even more so impressive has been his dedication to the wizarding sport of quidditch. from the first match he attended cyprien was hooked on the sport, reminded fondly of afternoons spent listening to the football commentary with his father.
• as an eleven-year-old who quite literally knew nothing about quidditch cyprien dedicated himself to learning its ins and outs. taking immediately to the library, he has since developed a near encyclopaedic knowledge of its many rules. while he understands the general strategy behind the sport, his knowledge of quidditch is mostly limited to its rules and mechanics. he has since developed a close relationship with kennilworthy whisp
, whose knowledge of quidditch far surpasses his own.
• during his third year, following the departure of the ravenclaw team’s usual beater, cyprien was found thrust into the role after only just being placed on reserves. unfortunately his love for the sport was not quite enough, and he has since discovered that he is more cut out for sitting in the stands and being able to identify the fouls being made than he is for swinging a beaters bat. a small build lacking in much muscle and a generally soft disposition did not prepare him for having heavy objects thrown at him in the corridors by his team captain
to ‘keep him on his feet’ on a regular basis. despite kennilworthy's attempts at his defence, little could be done to stop dangerous from employing his somewhat questionable techniques.
• since he has left the house team catriona mccormack
has never missed an opportunity to call him out on it, constantly mocking him for being a wuss, amongst other things. to this day he is still quite jumpy, as though still expecting to have things hurled at him in the corridors, which is only one more thing for her to endlessly harass him about. later in the school year after one of cat’s older brothers is conscripted, she will discover through the grapevine that cyprien also has a brother serving in the muggle war. this will lead them to strike up something of a quasi-friendship.
• i'm ali, and if you're interested in cyprien or have any questions about her at all feel free to im me (aim @ aliikazam). the suggested play-by is jacob morton
, but this is very flexible. i’m not entirely certain where i want to go with this, so that is something we can figure out together, but there will be plently of interaction for cyprien. not to mention plenty of his characterisation is open for interpretation.