welcome to chimera!

CHIMERA is a riddle-era roleplay.

It is currently October of 1942, three years after the beginning of WWII and Grindelwald's war.

We are accepting canons and originals.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free

MOVED
CHIME HAS MOVED! Follow us!

add reply
New Poll

in our circles;, Adrian Nott
Aspin O'Hare
Posted: Jan 19 2012, 12:39 AM

played by liberty -------------------- 4th year
Group Icon

Group: Slytherin
Member No.: 353

Aspin somewhat cheerily entered the Great Hall for breakfast. She was a slight bit more optimistic than usual which perhaps had to do with a slim degree more of preparation than she'd had the day before, or even the week before. There came the daily task, arduous and difficult, of deciding just where she would be spending her precious free time. Perhaps it was a disadvantage, but the ability to sit with whoever she'd like (assuming they'd allow her) every day was liberating, even if it meant a different decision every day. Any sort of routine would be unacceptable.

Not even bothering to assess her options, she decided to be optimistic about the possibility. It was the Slytherin table after all, no choice could be a bad one, not even the less favorable company. Daintily finding her way to be seated somewhere along the long bench, she saw a Mr. Adrian Nott somewhere a little further down. On her other side was even more intimidating company in the form of seventh years. Deciding she would not impose on them, but not allowing herself to resolve on being alone, she sidled up to Nott. "You don't mind, do you?" she asked, not bothering with greeting or introduction. Perhaps it wasn't wise to assume such acquaintance when they were not on most familiar terms, but she'd hazard to do so anyways.

"Good morning to you, though," she nodded at him, smiling a very content smile that still managed to be cold, somewhat reptilian. Nott was older and more esteemed than her by some standards, but it was perfectly acceptable for her to request his company as a last resort, just so long as she didn't seek it. "Unless you're of a rather poor opinion of the morning, in which case, I apologize, it's morning," she said coolly in some attempt at conversation before picking up a piece of toast she began to nibble on.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Adrian Nott
Posted: Jan 21 2012, 09:01 PM

played by robert -------------------- 5th year
Group Icon

Member No.: 481

Adrian happened to be right in the middle of a hot bite of porridge when Aspin came to sit next to him, so he had to swallow quickly, practically burning his mouth and throat in the process, so that he could answer her in a timely manner. He didn't mind her sitting next to him, of course, her being a Slytherin and a pureblood. But he didn't want to be rude and keep her waiting for his answer-- although it didn't seem that she was all that concerned about whether or not he actually wanted her to sit next to him, since she hadn't waited for his answer.

"I don't mind at all," he said graciously, giving her a wide smile that rung only slightly false. "And a good morning to you, too. I can't say I really dislike mornings. I try to enjoy them as much as I enjoy any other part of the day."

He reached for the sugar bowl across the table from him and sprinkled a little more over his porridge, stirring it in thoroughly.

"You seem particularly cheerful this morning," he observed.
^
Aspin O'Hare
Posted: Jan 30 2012, 10:46 PM

Group Icon

Aspin felt quite pleased that he accepted her presence with little question, though she knew fully well that it was aristocratic tradition and expectation for him to accept her little intrusion without so much as a blink of an eye. And while she could tell he was not being entirely sincere, it was a sincerity to match her own. She could have squealed with delight at the predictability of the game Purebloods played. And here she was, playing it herself!

“Oh, well, I know that some people are quite grumpy in the morning, it’s why I try to leave my dormitory as soon as possible before someone throws a fit that the sun could dare break their slumber,” she said, still continuing her cheery tones. Now that it’d been established he’d be right and proper by her, she sought to be as casual as possible, either in attempt to get him to open up, the less likely, or to cause him to question her legitimacy, the more likely.

“Oh, yes, cheerful as ever,” she nodded, taking a knife, she smeared a small pat of butter onto her toast before continuing to eat it. “Just a little excited, I suppose.” Aspin didn’t even bother to ponder the meaning of her own words, she figured she would explain them impromptu if need be when the time came. It made for the most interesting conversation. “How are you this morning?” she asked politely.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Adrian Nott
Posted: Feb 4 2012, 05:36 AM

Group Icon

Adrian gave her only the slimmest of sidelong glances, briefly wondering what it could be that had gotten her in such a good mood this morning. He didn't know her that well, to know if "cheerful as ever" was really a good representation of her demeanor; it certainly could not describe the majority of Slytherins, especially those that had grown out of the wonder and optimism allowed the first and second year students. But whether or not it was a good representation, that was what she'd put on the table, and he wasn't going to question that. Not that he wasn't absolutely burning to know why she felt... excited, but he felt, like all good snoops, there was a proper time to ask outright if one wanted to know something, and a proper time to keep quiet and hope a person will reveal themselves due to feeling comfortable in one's presence. And that was the tack that he chose to take today.

"I'm doing well, thank you," he said, not doing much to elaborate on his current feelings. How interesting could that topic be for an entire conversation? And they would be having one, since Aspin had come to sit by him in the way that supposed polite conversation would take place. "I do have a rather long day ahead of me, though; I have two double classes this afternoon."

Still boring, but what was he to do?
^
Aspin O'Hare
Posted: Feb 13 2012, 08:18 PM

Group Icon

“Splendid,” she said simply. Continuing to eat her toast, she tried to appear as dainty as possible in her movements, making the bites small and the movement of her jaw almost imperceptible. Eyes cast down as she went through these paces, they flickered back up to the boy at the sound of his voice. “Oh no, that’s dreadful,” she sympathized, almost emphatically. She held back, however, not wishing to sound so desperate. Though, she was not familiar with Nott. He may have been the sort to see her as desperate the moment she approached him, which she could not blame him for. It was necessary to observe him further. “I never saw the sense of double classes except to give students longer periods in which to nap in,” she commented noncommittally.

As interesting as she tried to make her day to day life, it seemed impossible. Certain parameters could not be breached, especially within her own house where great influence lay in the hands of quite small people. It was only in her capacity to remain on the right side of some. The difficult part was getting an opinion out of them, though. It was difficult to ever ascertain how to make friendly with the unfriendly sort, however polite they made themselves be. She could not wheedle herself into the hearts of the heartless. Or at least, she had yet to learn. "Or in some students' cases, more time to kiss the arse of the professor in," she said, letting the word escape her lips and contrast with her hopefully ladylike appearance. Perhaps that'd get some rise out of the older boy. If it didn't, she wouldn't be surprised. He seemed the distant sort. "Some find it the only way to succeed," she added coolly, as if such a word had never passed.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Adrian Nott
Posted: Feb 28 2012, 10:10 PM

Group Icon

Adrian cracked a smile at that; he couldn't be sure if she was making a wry observation about the way that he interacted with people, or that it was just a stunningly good coincidence that she happened to bring up the one thing that he was good at above all other things, which was flattery. And it certainly did work well with him when it came to certain professors (Slughorn came to mind instantly, of course), so there was no doubt that she had hit the nail on the head there. But since the two of them were merely acquaintances, he couldn't be sure if she had picked up on his mannerisms somehow, or if she was just making a general statement that hit close to home.

"I never do understand the way that some students carry on," he said nonchalantly. "As though their lives will be greatly improved by showering disingenuous praise on their professors right now. Where will that get them once they graduate and have to live in the real world?"
^
Aspin O'Hare
Posted: Mar 2 2012, 12:35 AM

Group Icon

Aspin felt quite satisfied that she'd made him smile, though, there was the slightest suspicion that his amusement was towards something not of her design and that was just a bit worrying. "I think the point is that the students able to be such panderers are the ones who will never have to live in the real world," she suggested. After all, it was Slughorn who went on and on about having been the one to set many influential alumnus in their current positions. Perhaps Aspin would have been wise to cozy up to the professor, but she never thought it so prudent to get so close to such a walrus of a man. "Of course, most of them will fail in this endeavor," she allowed, taking a bit thoughtfully and chewing slowly.

It was interesting, she would very much enjoy a decade from now, seeing where all her classmates ended up. If she were wise, she'd start a betting pool, but that would be unseemly. Thinking, she added, "Some will succeed. They'll be arranged in favorable positions or marriages later on in life." Usually, those were so adept at flattery were perfectly knowledgeable that they'd get through with it and others were perfectly aware that they did not have enough to offer. "Those that will have to work hard usually know it and know how to do it," she gave a small shrug. That didn't necessarily mean they did work hard, of course. But people had a tendency to know where their stakes stood.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Adrian Nott
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 03:53 PM

Group Icon

Silently, Adrian pondered her comments for a couple of minutes as he finished off the last of his porridge, purposely not scraping the sides, taught that it was better to waste the food at the bottom than to eat sloppily. From where Adrian came, there was always a second serving to be had, after all, were it wanted. Indeed, after he pushed his bowl away he promptly served himself an egg and a sausage, having no dearth of appetite, similar to most boys of his age.

It was only after he had cut his sausage into manageable pieces that he deigned to reply to her again.

"Whether or not you flatter those who will put you into excellent positions doesn't mean anything once you're in them," he said, and he wasn't totally spouting off what he believed was nonsense. After all, though Adrian was a wonderful flatterer, he was also a relatively hard worker. And he didn't think he was going to get put into a good job and then be able to just slack off and still keep it. Mostly. "If you can't do the job, the only thing keeping you there is fear of retaliation for unseating you. And those with that sort of power... well, they hardly need to be flatterers, don't you think?"
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options
add reply
New Poll

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1251 seconds | Archive
something wicked skinned by novia of rcr and shadowplay