dorothy rosmerta fourth year, slytherin, pureblood
[dohtml]<center><div style="width: 440px; text-align: justify">
• a pureblood, but not from a family known for its purist ideals. though the girls are expected to marry well, they are not discouraged from associating with halfbloods and muggleborns alike - so long as they are well-behaved and well-presented, their mother sees few problems with with allowing them to choose their own way. missus rosmerta lost her husband when the girls were about two years, old and has raised them as a single mother ever since. she's a very good, strong and honest woman who both of the girls idolize and try to emulate.
• best friends as children, dorothy and katie rarely keep secrets from one another. they're extremely protective of each other, and this has caused a bit of friction recently. with dorothy being housed as a slytherin, it's one of her sister's main concerns that she will pick up purist ideals or become otherwise spoiled by her housemates. this is very hypocritical of katie, having the friends that she does (a nasty little gang of hair-pulling hufflepuff girls), and this is where much of the tension comes from.<br><br>
• though she is ladylike herself, she is not as charming and, as some would say, not as pretty or effeminate as her sister. she's got a more frank outlook on things, and is unlikely to feign interest in other people. however, she is much more open to actually befriending people outside her group - her comfort zone is not as narrow as her sister's, and she is not so judgmental. however, they both have a very vindictive and stubborn streak. both are very devoted to their grades and to their respective musical instrument, though dorothy is admittedly much more gifted with the flute than katie is with the piano.<br><br>
• honest but not overly unfriendly, she has befriended students in other houses and of all blood statuses. however, unlike katie, her very best
friends are of the pureblood, slytherin persuasion. just as katie spends time cultivating her own reputation to keep a sense of self, dorothy has cut out her own path in the form of her set of friends; though they are non-identical, there is still a noticeable strive to be different from the other. of course, this does little to keep them from being mistaken for one another, despite their noticeable differences.<br><br>
• outside of all of this, she is fairly open. if you're interested in her, please please IM me at taylgrrr or PM me. the suggested pb is kristine froseth. contact me if you'd like to make a change.<br><br>