welcome to chimera!

CHIMERA is a riddle-era roleplay.

It is currently October of 1942, three years after the beginning of WWII and Grindelwald's war.

We are accepting canons and originals.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

MOVED
CHIME HAS MOVED! Follow us!

add reply
New Poll

one late misstep, open!
Lucy Agrippa
Posted: Oct 12 2011, 11:00 PM

played by emily -------------------- 6th year
Group Icon

Group: Ravenclaw
Member No.: 383

Lucy never liked to stay late after class; it was bothersome and boring. Most would have thought the little bookworm of a Ravenclaw would have enjoyed the extra time in classes but for one reason or another Lucy did not. Something about the atmosphere in the classrooms perhaps caught her off guard? Even when it was for a good reason, Lucy always felt as if she was being punished. Walking briskly out of the potions classroom, Lucy had her Potions’ work clutched tightly to her chest as the sound of her heels echoed a little on the walls. The pathway that lead up to the ground floor was practically empty; it must have been lunch time.

Sighing to herself, Lucy took a glance down at the piece of parchment that was peeking its head through the cluster of books and notes she had in front of her. The sixth year had asked to stay behind class to ask the professor about certain side effects she had read about concerning the last potion they had worked on and a similar one she had come across while studying. It was a silly sort of question, something the Ravenclaw had been rather embarrassed to ask in front of her peers in the class itself. Thankfully she was given a solid answer after class, even shown the differences after the professor quickly showed Lucy the two potions at work. With all that settled she could go on with the rest of her afternoon and not be bothered with the unanswered question.

Or at least she had hoped so. Head still swirling with the facts and thoughts she had just been given, not to mention her need to make a speedy exit, Lucy was not paying attention to where she was going. She was in a rush after all. At a practical run-walk, the Ravenclaw was almost picking up a small current of wind to trail behind her, that is how fast she was going. And because of this, with her eyes glued to the parchment in her hands, the Ravenclaw didn’t notice the small crack in the floor. Something easily to step around or pass over if one was paying attention; but again Lucy was not. With a sudden squeal of surprise, Lucy went flying to the ground as did her books. Papers raining down slowly on the fallen girl, Lucy slowly pushed herself up to her knees and hands to survey the mess she had just made. “Ohh…bloody hell.” Lucy muttered to herself as she began to reach around for the nearest things.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
^
Aspin O'Hare
Posted: Oct 16 2011, 02:41 PM

played by liberty -------------------- 4th year
Group Icon

Group: Slytherin
Member No.: 353

Aspin had left her Transfiguration class the moment she'd been dismissed, exiting her seat in one fluid movement and walking out the door with an air of purpose - not completely a pretense. While not particularly 'important,' she fully intended to lounge around the Slytherin Common Room unbothered, lest fate should provide her with a companion brave enough to disrupt her peace. It was constantly exciting to provide the world with this opportunity to engage her in activity. She found that should they dare, they were more than worthy of being entertained for it was not everyone who would breach social boundaries to talk to the girl seemingly contracted in her own life. Even less seemed to deign enough importance upon her to want to try, but that was inconsequential. She was more influential than they could ever guess. Or she would be.

Stepping down the stairs to the dungeon, she walked in such a way that the small, hardly elevated heels of her mary janes clicked with every step she took. It was a rhythmic, soothing sound. Her book bag was slung lazily on to her right shoulder and she reached into it to pop a small piece of hard candy into her mouth, she kept them for moments she get exceptionally bored. Going along the corridor, she came across a girl fumbling with her things that were spread all around her. It would appear she'd tripped. It was only with a moment of hesitance that Aspin evaluated her options. She could either keep walking with a snide chuckle, exuding arrogance and creating someone convinced of her importance, thus preserving her free time and creating a status as a stereotypical Slytherin, or she could bend down with a concerned smile to help the girl, creating an image quite contrary to what one would expect from the house patch stitched onto her robes, thus power would be gained through respect. The choice was obvious, of course, and she'd really picked before she'd even stooped down to help her.

"Are you alright?" she asked, letting not-so-sincere worry drip into her voice sneakily, capable of convincing anyone of her genuineness unless they should be paranoid. Or Darren. He would never fall for that. Gathering up the papers that lay around her, she went down on her knees, cursing the cold floor that stung through her stockings. She made sure that what she picked up was arranged in her hand in an orderly manner and through examining how she named her papers, she discovered the girl's name. "Lucy Agrippa," she recited, still picking things up as she did. "Smiling at her, she handed her what she'd gathered to put away. "I'm Aspin O'Hare, I don't believe we've met." That was sufficient introduction and she busied herself by repositioning herself so she could help pick up what remained.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Lucy Agrippa
Posted: Oct 18 2011, 05:18 PM

Group Icon

Whimpering a little to herself, Lucy should have known something like this was going to happen to her. Something silly always seemed to happen to her, at least in her mind it did. She could have left class on time, or just have kept her eyes ahead of her. Anything like this would have saved the Ravenclaw from the mess in front of her now. And what a mess it was. Shaking her hair out a little, Lucy had gathered up a handful of papers in her hand only to pause and see what the corridor looked like. She could swear the floor was magically making more papers appear. Sighing a little louder still, Lucy began to work cleaning up once more. She was so consumed in this, the sound of clicking heels and the approaching girl did not seem real to her. That was until the voice rang out. Looking up in surprise, Lucy blinked a few times before noticing it was a Slytherin girl who had just stopped. And not one she actually knew!

“What? Oh, I’m fine I’m fine. Sorry.” Lucy quickly replied, although why she was apologizing the Ravenclaw wasn’t exactly sure. Shaking her head a little, Lucy bit her lower lip once more as she scrambled for the nearest books and papers now at a double speed. Shuffling around, Lucy began to pick up the remainder of the papers that lay before her before laying them out in a neat little pile before her. “No, I don’t believe we have.” The girl admitted sheepishly. Although that fact wasn’t so surprising. After all, Lucy didn’t exactly know many people much less Slytherins. Aspin didn’t seem like someone Lucy saw on a daily basis in the library. And seeing as that was the only place Lucy really was on the lookout for new people, it was no surprise this blond Slytherin was unfamiliar.

Smoothing out her skirt Lucy felt a little tick lift on her lip when she felt her knees begin to complain. How long had she been on this floor? Sadly she was still stuck down here for a little while longer as her eyes glanced over to the small cluster of papers to her right. Shuffling over in that direction, Lucy tried her best to stretch out her arms and fingertips more than anything else and pick them up without really moving too much. “I’m Lucy. Lucy Agrippa.” Introduced herself quietly as a faint little smile lifted on her face. "You didn't have to stop to help me. But thank you." the Ravenclaw offered.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
^
Aspin O'Hare
Posted: Nov 2 2011, 07:44 PM

Group Icon

Aspin smiled cheerily, though internally, she wondered how in the world someone could trip so haphazardly. My, she didn’t even make it out of the dungeons, she thought wryly. Perhaps she was running from some big bad troll down here. Instead of voicing her skepticism, Aspin gave a small, girlish laugh, “Oh, there’s nothing to apologize for. You can’t help yourself tripping, it just happens.” And perhaps she should be less judgmental. That in mind, she decided it was quite easy to trip over in the dungeons. It just wasn't dignified at all. She grabbed a few more stray papers and laid them down on the top of the pile Lucy had accumulated. She watched in mild amusement as the girl reached for the last of the lot while trying to make as little movement as possible. Perhaps she would be an amusing person to talk to, this Lucy Agrippa.

She stood up, seeing the job was done, and smoothed her skirt out, brushing off any dust that’d settled into the fibers of her robes’ cloth. She’d have to change before dinner now or fear being looked down at for her unkempt appearance. It would do well to change her stockings anyhow, these had a run in them that was easy reparable, but she was quite too lazy to accomplish. “Oh, it’s fine,” she tossed her hair back. “It’d be rude to just walk by, don’t you think?” She stuck out her hand to help the girl (Is that a Ravenclaw patch on her robes?]) up from here she was on the floor and allowed her to gather her bearings once more. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Lucy.” She always liked to think that Purebloods had splendid manners, by fundamental belief, to everyone they met. How are they supposed to command respect if they can’t be well liked? was the line her thoughts ran on.

"You're not a fourth year, are you?" she asked, putting on a curious face. "I expect we'd have met by now if you were." It was obvious this girl was older than her as well or at least appeared like it. The materials she'd had in her bag were for higher level classes as well too. Aspin detested the thought of that day's steady approach where she'd be forced to care about her courses in order to maintain her successful image. Deciding she’d use this fact to her advantage, she continued on, “I glanced at your papers and your coursework looks so much harder than mine.” Perhaps it was wrong to act so simpering. Perhaps it would be better to have a stronger personality when it came to pleasing the masses. But Aspin liked to think she had it all under control.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Lucy Agrippa
Posted: Nov 6 2011, 08:51 PM

Group Icon

Feeling her skin tinkle and blush with embarrassment, Lucy tried her best not to show it although that didn’t work nearly as well as she wanted to. She would have liked no one to see her fall – hopefully Aspin didn’t think her that foolish for tripping on what seemed to be solid flooring – and Lucy most certainly didn’t really want anyone to help her with her things. Did she need help picking her papers and books up? Why of course she did! It would be easier and a lot of faster with an extra pair of hands, it was simply the idea of having to admit help even in this simple of a thing. She had been the one to fall after all; it wasn’t as if she could explain herself properly for any of it.

Smiling sheepishly towards the Slytherin, Lucy thanked her lucky stars that at the very least this girl didn’t seem rude. Not only was she helping to pick up the scattered work but she wasn’t laughing meanly or mocking the Ravenclaw in the process. “No I couldn’t I suppose still…guess it’s just a habit of mine.” Lucy offered. Another small gingerly smile coming from the Ravenclaw’s lips as she made her final stretched out pull for the papers around her. Grabbing at them two or three at a time, Lucy felt a little rush of excitement when the last scattered piece of paper was finally on top of her pile, ready to be picked up again once more.

Settling herself up to a kneeling position Lucy took note of her pile in amusement. No wonder she hadn’t been able to walk properly, had she really been carrying that much? It hadn’t looked like that much before! Maybe when all the papers had gone flying, a few new ones had somehow flown down to join Lucy’s pile. “Yes, well I mean it isn’t my business if you had. But it was very nice of you to stop and help. I know plenty of people who would have kept walking.” Lucy admitted. Shaking her head silently, the girl kept the thoughts about the size of her pile to herself as she picked her schoolwork up once more and stood, slowly but certainly to a normal level with the help of Aspin. “Truly a pleasure to meet you too.” Lucy happily retorted back.

Chuckling a little under her breath, now the Ravenclaw felt even more foolish. She was known to be misread as many things but to be thought of as a fourth year? Well that hadn’t happened in a while. “Ah I see, but no sorry. I would have expected we might have met before if I was a fourth year. Actually I’m a sixth year, just got out of Potions class which is why I’m down here.” Lucy admitted, smiling politely at the blonde before continuing. It was almost by habit, there was something inside of Lucy that told her she somehow needed to explain herself for being here and now with so much work. Especially since the work wasn’t even what the class was working on this week. “It’s a long way down here from the Ravenclaw tower and I thought it best to ask all my questions after class to the professor so…that’s why I have so much work. I like to read ahead in our classes and that means twice as much work to bring down here.” The Ravenclaw explained, shuffling her paperwork up a little as if to notion to the work more then to her. Lucy nevertheless felt a small twitch of pride in her work all of a sudden. She never thought of her studies or classes as being hard, so to have Aspin say such a thing almost made Lucy blush once more at remembering such a thing.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
^
Aspin O'Hare
Posted: Nov 29 2011, 07:36 PM

Group Icon

Aspin looked down in shame – or in appearance of it. Though, she secretly was quite amused by the thought that this girl was tripping over herself frequently. “I hope you don’t trip that much. It’d be quite painful, I imagine,” she commented. She couldn’t even see how that was feasible. It was not as if walking were particularly challenging. She herself tried to keep an air of grace about her with careful steps. “Yes, I know quite a number of people who would just keep walking. I’m one of those people sometimes,” the regretful tone continued. She gave a careful shrug, shoulders a little tense. It was too easy to feel the false emotion course within her. The best actresses fool themselves, she thought, bemused and allowing a small smile to escape her. “But humans do what they can,” she was quite optimistic sometimes. It was such a lie. Humans made farce. It wasn’t for her or anyone else to pretend at some amount of nobility or integrity. There was always a price that could be paid to banish thought of either one.

Observing Lucy as she got up, a legitimate question rose to mind. “Do you really have all that work in the higher levels?” she asked, trying her best to keep the repulsion out of her voice. She hated the time she already spent on school, which she tried her hardest to keep at a minimum while always at least getting E’s. She was used to hardly trying for what she got – to have to try harder was unthinkable.

“Oh, a sixth year! That makes more sense,” she smiled generously. She did it effortlessly and she wondered why everyone wasn’t a cheery person, it wasn’t so hard. She really doubted all of them to be in possession of incredible tragedies, though, they were possible, she knew. Of course, it was incredibly easy for her to be cheery. She lived quite the charmed life in some manner of speaking. “Oh, that’s a relief,” she chuckled hesitantly. She brings down twice the works he has to? she thought incredulously. Anyone’s dedication to school was perplexing to her and such a devotion to that level was astounding. “I don’t think I could ever handle that,” she gestured to the large stack of papers. What she really meant was that she would always refuse any sort of commitment that large. How Lucy could stand to do so much boring work was beyond her understanding.

She allowed to accept this explanation somewhat, however, “The Ravenclaw Tower is quite the distance though. I would hate to have to go up and down all the stairs repeatedly just to get a few answers from a professor.” Though, that did not say much as Aspin would prefer it if she did not have to see the majority of her professors at all. They were all so calm and unaffected, it was maddening. She assumed that it had to do with the professionalism that came with position, but for once, she’d like to see them shout something for a reason more than to be heard. Those teachers were the ones she enjoyed the most. Those and those that she could manipulate quite easily with charm. It was quite lucky that Slughorn was her head of house.

Lucy was actually interesting, if only for her uncanny inclination to work. Perhaps I just haven't met too many Ravenclaws... Aspin considered. After all, I do always see them just studying. It felt like such a droll activity. "Have you always read ahead?" she frowned. She had been ahead in all aspects when entering Hogwarts, but that was due to tutors imposed upon her by her father. "Don't you like to do ... other things instead?" Aspin, not being the typical fourteen year old (or so she liked to think), did not know what it was that other students delighted in. She just enjoyed the feeling that she'd incited a reaction of some sort, that she had some power in her hands. But there had to be something that other people liked to do as well. Even if her interests bordered on bookish, surely Lucy was't all about school. No one was.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Lucy Agrippa
Posted: Dec 11 2011, 08:24 PM

Group Icon

Feeling her cheeks burn a little, Lucy couldn’t help but feel a little bit embarrassed now. She must look so foolish now! Well she probably looked like this all the time however she never really thought about it. Biting her tongue, Lucy tried to back track her statement now. “Oh no I don’t trip that much. I’m not…not clumsy all the time you know. Maybe it just feels that way to me. Though it is quite painful.” Lucy said, rubbing her knee suddenly as if just talking about it all made her body feel the impact once more. But it was all in her mind. Brushing her skirt down, smoothing it out, Lucy stopped her absentminded work on her body and looked once more over to the helpful girl. This girl certainly was a helpful and thoughtful one, or so Lucy believed. First she had stopped and helped Lucy with her things and now she was actually asking these questions instead of just mocking the clumsy occurrence.

“Oh…” Lucy slowly said, listening to Aspin admit she was often one of the people who does just walk by. But that didn’t matter, did it? Aspin had stopped for her at least. And she seemed so concerned for Lucy or at least it seemed so to the Ravenclaw. For such a smart Ravenclaw, the girl could not sense a single ounce of lying running off of the other girl. Lucy was good at reading books, not people. Seeing the small smile creep on Aspin’s lips, Lucy herself let a small smile of gratitude lift on her face. Curious, Lucy was almost drawn into the false sense of welcoming conversation that was suddenly in front of her.

Looking down at her pile of books and papers in her hands, Lucy gave a small chuckle as she looked back over to Aspin. Ah yes, that. “Oh no, well yes…sort of. You certainly have a lot of work in the higher levels, but not this. I’m doing extra work for three of my classes on top of reading ahead and simple leisure reading and research. Actually fifth year had more scheduled work and from what I hear seventh does too. Sixth year is rather tame comparably.” Lucy answered, thinking about her schoolwork last year. A small look of glee seemed to pass on Lucy’s face as she spoke about the work as well. Lucy loved school, learning, and work like this. A part of the sixth year couldn’t wait for seventh year so she could start really studying for NEWTs properly.

Smiling with a little more ease then before there was something about this girl that made Lucy feel uneasy and yet fine. It was a strange feeling actually. Talking to her, and looking at the blond student there was something that was suddenly nagging in the back of Lucy’s mind. Was Aspin too friendly or happy right now? Or was it something else? That was when Lucy’s mind kicked into gear. She was over thinking this, she had to be. Why would one need to get a bad feeling because something was being friendly? That was just silly. Giggling softly over herself, Lucy looked over to Aspin. “Yes, I’m a sixth. And I presume you are a fourth. With the comments you made. And oh it’s really not that hard. I’m sure you’ll do just fine.” Lucy stated. “Exactly. That’s why I wanted to do this right after class. Saved me a trip.” Lucy added once Aspin commented about the distance to the tower.

Shuffling her books around, Lucy hadn’t really thought about many other things besides her schoolwork today. Always planning ahead, the Ravenclaw had a day full of school. Sure she did other things but today was different. Waking up, going to classes, food – that was important – more classes, and finally her scheduled meeting with the professor. After her new classes today she actually had more homework she needed to get a hold of. With a small shrug of her shoulders, once more Lucy felt a little…embarrassed to confess the truth. “Most of the time. Sometimes I don’t have time to work ahead but I try.” Lucy admitted concerning her need to read ahead. “But I do other things. When I have time. I’m in a few clubs here…and I like to…do fun things. Honest. Not every Ravenclaw likes to just study. I promise.” The girl answered in all honesty. Although as she started to talk Lucy realized she didn’t really want to admit to her hobbies just yet.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
^
Aspin O'Hare
Posted: Jan 5 2012, 12:22 AM

Group Icon

Aspin raised a blonde eyebrow. “I would imagine. Falling often is.” She spoke of many things in that, not just the literal spill that she’d just witnessed and help tidy up right now, but the fall from grace it seemed everyone seen seemed to take. Everyone loved was dropped at some point. The morbid thought reminded Aspin of her father and the darling baby Athena and she felt as if she’d just fallen and scattered all her things as well. Her eyes flicked up as Lucy began to speak again, a hint of annoyance at having had been pulled out her thoughts. At the same time, perhaps even a hint grateful that she would not have to be subjected to them. She smirked a little, even when she played nice, she was still proud. “Everyone has their mean moments,” she said smoothly.

Already, however, Aspin was starting to feel her interest wane as the brunette seemed to drone on about the extra school work she was doing. To be fair, it didn’t take her long to say it, she wasn’t frustratingly verbose, but it was quite the list of things. It certainly was a curious case that Lucy had in which she was so determinedly academic, but the blonde was certainly much more adverse to the idea than eager to apply it to her own life. Such a time consuming activity could not possibly be fulfilling. Seeing Lucy’s gleeful face as she spoke about school work, Aspin was perhaps a little aghast. She knew her idea of entertainment was skewed, but she had not been aware that anyone’s equivalent in the matter could be schoolwork. “That worries me for fifth year then, I suppose,” she said serenely.

But she never worried. It was an emotion lost on her. Her superiority in many matters was enough to get her through the day without any self-conceived delusions of deadlines and limits. Anything was feasible. “Do you ever consider owling your professors?” she asked, not knowing what else to say, but finding that even she found the idea much more attractive than hauling a whole other weight around all day or taking extra time to accomplish such mundane tasks.

“I’m not academically inclined,” she admitted freely. There was no need to pretend to. If she chattered on about school, she’d end up bored before any real aspect was explored. “But I’m sure you do other things besides study, that’d be rather boring.” She was allowing her more contemptuous side to show. It was no accident, perhaps she should not have if she intended to maintain her image, but she was starting to feel that making a good impression on Lucy would be neither gratifying nor a challenge. If it took some amount of veiled enmity to make helping pick up her books worth it, then so be it. “I feel that most everyone spends more time with their friends outside of class rather than among books,” she said generously. It was a general statement with no truth behind it, but she’d be damned if this girl would call her out on any potential inaccuracy.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Lucy Agrippa
Posted: Jan 10 2012, 06:56 PM

Group Icon

Lucy tried her best to put on her most friendly of faces. It wasn’t that hard now though, Aspin was being a nice person and everything was going well – or so the girl thought. Her face lighting up, the Ravenclaw was almost glad she had accidentally tripped here and now. She could remember far too many times where people had simply passed her by, laughed at her, or kicked her books further away. Aspin here did none of that. She had stopped and was actually talking to Lucy. Sure it made Lucy rather uncomfortable on a level but all the same she was grateful to have someone who wasn’t mocking here right now. Clutching her things a little tighter, Lucy shrugged her shoulders a little at Aspin’s commons when she answered so smoothly about the mean moments. “I know…but it’s nice to see something else. Someone nice.” Lucy added quickly and quietly. It was more to herself then to the Slytherin.

As the conversation turned to academics, Lucy felt herself grow easy – even if it was unconsciously. Lucy was a curious girl when it came to schoolwork. There were many subjects and topics that made even her eyes roll however there was always something that made the Ravenclaw spark up. She loved learning something new. It was part of the reason she loved school, loved studying and loved just being herself. She could disappear in a book and come out hours later without even knowing it. She lost herself – in a good way – in stories. Even if those stories were academic or leisurely.

How anyone was bored with schoolwork Lucy never could understand. What was so boring about learning something new? Something you hadn’t understood that morning? Every day the Ravenclaw was a little bit stronger, mentally, for the world. Or so she thought it. “You shouldn’t be worried. It’s perfectly fine really. You really can’t tell the difference between fourth and fifth year most of the time. Well maybe a week or two when the professors want to really push the OWLs on you. But it’s a gradual thing mostly. I find it all exciting.” Lucy commented, a plain smile tipping on her lips as she spoke honestly.

When Aspin asked about owling the professors though, Lucy’s smile fell and her eyes quickly popped out. The notion surprised Lucy greatly. Shaking her head quickly and silently, Lucy looked at Aspin as if she had just said something rather disturbing. “No….no no no no. Not that it isn’t a good idea, I suppose, it’s just I would rather face the professors face-to-face and able to ask questions right away instead of just…waiting for another owl. You know what I mean?” Lucy tried to explain. Nodding her understanding afterwards, Lucy knew not everyone was inclined like she was. And she didn’t blame anyone for that. It wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea. “I understand…” Lucy started to speak, although how she understood was more metaphorically then literally. Lucy only hoped Aspin understood that.

“And I do other things. I enjoy Quidditch but really who doesn’t?” Lucy lightheartedly laughed before continuing. “And I have other hobbies outside of reading and studying. I’m in a few clubs here. Gardening club, art club…and book club but that shouldn’t be…surprising.” Lucy admitted, biting her lip as she finished her statement to Aspin. She must have sounded like a complete bore right now, Lucy just knew it.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
^
Aspin O'Hare
Posted: Jan 15 2012, 10:35 AM

Group Icon

Aspin felt a bit concerned for the mental health of the girl standing opposite her. She seemed to relish the arduous work could be at times, she found it exciting. Aspin nodded anyways as if she could already imagine the absolute splendor and glamour of being a fifth year, being oppressed by an onslaught of busywork in preparation for a set of tests meant to test skill – but really, what good were O.W.L.’s? They were based on a set of standards she refused to follow. She’d pass them when the time came, of course, her father wouldn’t see it any other way, but it would not be without a high amount of skepticism to the validity of her results as well as a complete indifference to the busybodies around her.

She did, however, understand Lucy after that whole school hogwash was over. The impersonal nature of owls were something Aspin duly noted frequently, not that she’d ever want to be on a personal level with her professors. That sounded deplorable, but to each their own, and it would seem Lucy had her own idea about many a thing concerning this. “I see,” she smiled lightly. “Yes, waiting is dreadful business.”

Frowning, she added in more seriously, “Owls sometimes can dehumanize the person behind the quill as well. You have to wonder if it’s part of the progression or degeneration of our society.” She truly didn’t care, but she suddenly realized it sounded as if she did. Not only that, it sounded as if she saw much farther beyond the things one typically did in life. Eyes widening, Aspin looked down. She shouldn’t have said that. It was far too much insight. “Sorry,” she made a hand gesture flinging off the thought. “That was silly. Sometimes I go off on unrelated tangents.” She giggled girlishly for effect.

Quidditch. Typical. It was the sport of the masses, though, begrudgingly, Aspin gave her own time to spectate and often did get wrapped up in the excitement of it. She chuckled, not knowing what else to respond to that. “Oh, look, you are quite involved!” she said. “More involved than I am anyhow.” She refused to join clubs, if only because they made one too familiar with those surroundings. It was enough that she had to attend classes where she felt everyone around her seeing her and feeling like they knew her. It was detestable. Joining a club would only make it worse.

Feigning interest, she looked at Lucy curiously. “What do you do in art club?” Gardening was painfully obvious and painfully boring to her and while she was all set to ask what book Lucy was currently reading, she had a feeling the list went on and on and on.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Lucy Agrippa
Posted: Jan 25 2012, 11:46 PM

Group Icon

Schoolwork was something Lucy could talk about all day. Not just work on, but actually just talk about. The proper order, when and where the best places to study and learn were, how people differed and what she had noticed when it was all put together. Not everyone was great at studying for one specific subject. Working over it all, she had learned that different people had different manners and different attitudes towards it all. Really if the thought hadn’t crossed her mind that her family would be embarrassed by the mere notion of it, Lucy almost would have a dedicated mind to want to work in the Ministry of Magic under the Department of Magical Education. She could imagine her memos and ideas now, discussing the different ways and manners to improve the education system to best suite every form of learning. However, most of her notions were purely out of her own experience, nothing factually, and again the thought of having to explain all of that to her family simply kept the Ravenclaw tight-lipped. She would be a good little girl and become something important if she were to work at the Ministry. That much was worked out for her.

Still trapped in her thoughts, Lucy was almost happy to be dragged back to the present, to Aspin, when the Slytherin smiled and replied with a quick but agreeing answer. At least Lucy wouldn’t have to go down her train of thought any further now. “Yes it is. Which is why I was here, like I said.” Lucy stated, biting her lips a little. She was going around in circles now wasn’t she? But it didn’t matter for Aspin had one final note to speak. Eyebrow arching up a little, Lucy didn’t really know what to make of the statement. Well it was true, at least the first sense but the way she ended the question, the statement about degeneration of our society, suddenly caught the Ravenclaw off guard. Blushing in surprise, as if she had heard something she wasn’t supposed to, Lucy bit down on her lip. Really one of these days Lucy was sure she was going to bite her whole lip off without knowing it. But just as soon as it came, the statement was brushed off with an apology. Looking up, a look of curiosity in her eyes, Lucy watched as Aspin giggled and acted as if she had simply said something foolish rather than deep. So, was it a mistake or a misstep? Either way, Lucy decided not to push it.

And with a bit of luck – or conversation – the matter soon faded from Lucy’s mind. Suddenly they were talking about hobbies and anything but schoolwork. It was sort of a shame. Still feeling slightly vulnerable, Lucy didn’t usually talk about the clubs she was in, or even that she liked Quidditch. She was a reserve on the team and everything, but she never spoke about it, like it was a matter of pride or something. No, Lucy was one big bubble of discreetness even when it came to things that should be socially talked about. Yet Aspin wasn’t in a single club? That sounded odd. And Lucy thought she was the one who was very anti-social. Nodding her head to confirm her facts, Lucy almost wanted to laugh out loud when Aspin asked what she did in art club. What else was there to do? “Well we do art..all sorts of it. Depends on the person. Some people like to paint and others like to just draw. You can do whatever you want really. It is all up to the person.” Lucy stated a little too simply but she didn’t really notice as she smiled at Aspin.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
^
Aspin O'Hare
Posted: Feb 5 2012, 11:27 AM

Group Icon

Aspin could have yawned. As smart as she was sure the Ravenclaw was, she didn’t seem to share any stimulating opinions. Perhaps if she were thinking more optimistically, she’d deign enough patience to wait and prod the girl gently into proving she really had a mind befit for her house. There had to be some ideas in there. She just smiled like a mindless drone instead, not sure she wanted to try that tedious process of directing a conversation in the right direction. It wasn’t anything new to the girl, but she reserved her energy for more challenging projects. Perhaps she would try to get Lucy to open up a different time, but it was unlikely she’d ever get a chance. As much as Aspin liked to think she defied social boundaries, this was a secret activity of hers she committed mostly in thought. She was proper as being a Pureblood girl dictated, even though she was not a Pureblood at all. Consorting with Ravenclaws, while not a sin, was not ideal. Besides, she found that sixth years and fourth years did not usually find themselves interacting. Not without warrant.

She couldn’t help but feel a little flushed as Lucy looked at her questioningly. She was just an innocent little fourth year. She didn’t have opinions about society. Not a single one. Her smile became more tentative as an ounce of anxiety drifted into her brain. Perhaps it would be best to halt all things before it progressed to the point that Aspin was not the only one making observations. She was mist, she reminded herself. No one was supposed to be able to take hold of her. Smoke. Light. An idea. Never tangible. That was all it was. Her mind was racing instead of the usually slow gait it took the world on, never worrying, but marking things off her checklist. It was as if she could feel reality for once. Aspin pursed her lips momentarily, trying to forget this. She brought herself down, slowing herself. There was nothing to worry about. Such a mistake wasn’t possible, it could not ever be real.

It was lucky for her that Lucy seemed to forget she’d ever said such a thing. The matter was dismissed and Aspin’s thoughts came easily once more. “It sounds delightful,” Aspin said sincerely, perhaps even meaning it a little. She withheld the comment on the lack of freedom in the institution they lived in for most of their year. She settled for a comment with a lesser amount of analysis, but it held the gist of the situation, “I didn’t even know such a club existed. It sounds very liberal,” she laughed a little at that too. At least it wasn’t a club where you learned art history or its relation to wizard history, she had had to when she was younger, and she thought that was dreadfully boring.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Lucy Agrippa
Posted: Feb 17 2012, 11:02 PM

Group Icon

Smiling still in her somewhat surprised attitude, Lucy was glad she still had someone to talk to now. Tightening the books in her arms a little, the Ravenclaw could think of just about a dozen people she knew would talk to her in the corridors here willingly. At least people she thought so. There were probably others but the girl couldn’t think that broadly. No, most people didn’t like talking to the Ravenclaw recluse like this, certainly not a younger student like Aspin. The longer Lucy thought about it, the more she realized she didn’t really know that many fourth year Ravenclaws even! Piercing her lips a little in a moment of thought, she could easily see the faces – a quick blonde and two brunettes quickly came into mind, but their actually names or even personalities? Nope nothing. She really didn’t like to deal with people did she? Lucy could see two of them coming up to her and asking a quick question about Charms homework a few weeks back but, were those fourth or fifth years? They all seemed to blur together sometimes.

Shaking her mind away from all of that, Lucy was happy to almost let the whole discussion be wiped clean or at least the uncomfortable bits. Staring at Aspin still rather curiously, Lucy only shrugged her shoulders as she let the Slytherin’s comment settle in. It wasn’t a comment club really. Not like dueling or charms or even gobstones. You had to like art and the need to show it off or at least show it to others. That was always a sticky thing for Lucy. Still, it was nice to be around like minded people. “I suppose it is…never really thought about it that way. I mean, art in its nature is liberal…seeing as anyone could do anything and interpret it any which way they choose. Its part of what I like about it.” Lucy admitted, a small chuckle of her own escaping her lips. Although quickly her eyebrows narrowed as she looked quickly at Aspin. “And really? You’d never heard of the club. I mean…at all?”

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
^
Aspin O'Hare
Posted: Mar 2 2012, 12:44 AM

Group Icon

Aspin peered at her curiously once more. Of course, she knew there had to be more to Lucy than being a bookish over achiever who tended to bore, but perhaps that was more just underneath the surface so she wouldn't actually have to attempt digging deep. Perhaps her knowledge was more than rote memorization. Those with a sense of analysis tended to be the most interesting, though, it didn't mean they were the wisest by any means. For her purposes, those were the type to be most entertaining, and therefore useful, to her. "Art reflects the viewer, not the artist," Aspin quoted astutely, though, she tried to appear mindless about it. She'd read it enough times to seem like it was an automatic response to the topic. It was quite true. Any single piece manufactured from something so base as inspiration was bound to have innumerable depictions within it.

Her eyebrows went up quickly in question at Lucy's frown, perhaps it was shock etched on her face, perhaps disapproval, Aspin immediately sought to exploit it or calm it. "No," she said slowly. She made it a habit to be aware of the more controversial clubs and nothing more. They weren't of consequence. That muggle fighting club, for example, she was aware of, even though it weren't even feasible she ever join such a rowdy crew. It was more likely she'd join art club for Merlin's sake. "I don't keep track of clubs much," she said, deciding to be genuine to see where that got there. It was such a broad topic with no obvious stance she wasn't determined enough to take the careful maneuvers needed to gauge reactions and employ the reactants. "I've never been particularly interested in joining any, so it's never really caught my eye," she stated simply. It was logical, really.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Lucy Agrippa
Posted: Mar 9 2012, 02:16 PM

Group Icon

Don’t start rambling Luce. Just don’t. It was the only thought that kept ringing in Lucy’s mind over and over again, so much so that the Ravenclaw had to bite down on her tongue a little with her teeth just from shouting out her thoughts as the Slytherin spoke about art unceremoniously. There were many topics that could set Lucy off on a rambling set of thoughts and facts – most assumed it was just about schoolwork but in reality there was so much more. But where did one actually start? It wasn’t as if Lucy ever just sat down and felt like talking about this, to start a conversation was hard enough much less one she was passionate about.

Still, Aspin’s words rang so true in the girl’s mind she couldn’t resist for very long. “That’s true. Although the deeper you go into the art, depending on the person or the artist the more you realize it also depends on the work itself. I mean the artist could have a certain attitude, opinion, or view that he or she wants to come across. Whether or not they achieve this is matter of…time.” Lucy’s eyes widened a little as her words fluttered to a halt. “Sorry I began to ramble.” Lucy quickly squeaked out before lowering her head to the floor. She had to change the subject, quickly!

With her frown still firmly in place, Lucy was still surprised at Aspin’s response. No, just like that? For Lucy, the Ravenclaw who kept herself practically shut off from social events and loved the library more than anything, the fact that she was in more social clubs then Aspin seemed to shock her more then she thought it should. Perhaps, Lucy began to believe, there was something more to this girl then met her eye. “Still, not a single one caught your eye? There are plenty of topics and levels of involvement. What…exactly do you do in your free time then might I ask?” Lucy asked, a small knot in her throat forming as she asked the question. She wanted to slap herself in the face as soon as the words came out of her lips. Had she really just blurted that out? Trying her best to keep her eyes from bugging out in shock, Lucy shuffled a little in her place as she waited.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Topic Options
add reply
New Poll

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2729 seconds | Archive
something wicked skinned by novia of rcr and shadowplay