• nathan is the younger brother to erica hooter
, who is a slytherin. he doesn't seem to mind this though, as his father was a hufflepuff and his mother was a ravenclaw. their mother was much more strict than their father, who was easy to talk into most anything -- though, admittedly, erica had an easier time of it than nate, as he is often called by friends. though money was tight at home and it always bothered erica, nate didn't really mind much, except where it came to not getting a new broomstick when he finally made the reserve quidditch team.
• he is not a gryffindor just because
, and has a very brave streak to him. he can be a little more reckless than his other friends and has taken a great shining to the subject of defense against the dark arts, which his sister struggles in. he accepts her help in potions class though, if only because he has nearly failed the class before. he normally does his work, though he is no star pupil; books don't really interest him, and he often has trouble sitting still long enough to study very hard.
• erica is not a typical slytherin in many ways, though she does remain ladylike and quiet most of the time. with her brother, she does let loose a little and act more like her genuine self -- this is something that amuses nate greatly, as does her relationship with ambrose selwyn, who is under the impression that she is a very delicate thing to be protected. the two are closer than either would let on, despite nathan being a constant and relentless pest.
• much more energetic than most people, he can be hard to keep up with. unlike many other boys his age, he is not overly concerned with boys who are older than him -- he often calls people weird
when he means something else, from overly quiet to sleazy and suspicious. he is immature and enjoys pranking -- just not in the sense that some of the older boys do. his are much less sophisticated, and normally involve a worm or a frog. he's terribly easy to amuse, and laughs often. aside from a vested interest in the 'slugs and bugs' club, he takes part in the wizard card collecting club, which he sees as a brilliant excuse to ask his father to buy him chocolate.
• he's fairly proud of his blood status, and doesn't often cow at the words of other slytherins. when he first got to hogwarts, he would often come around to the common room, pounding against the common room entrance and complaining until someone would let him in; however, erica recognized this as inappropriate very early on, and they normally meet each other in the gryffindor common room now.
• if you're interested in him, feel free to IM me at taylgrrr or PM me. the suggested pb is max records -- please contact me with changes if you don't want to use him. he will have plenty of characters to interact with as soon as he's made, including a few boys to be pals with!