• a middle child of one girl and two other boys, adam grew up in a relatively happy family. however, being from a poorer family with two working parents, he also lacked supervision for a fair portion. with a bossy older sister being the only thing to directly discipline them a majority of the time, the boys had a tendency to scuffle and get into trouble. they are all quite close, even since he's gone off to school; he gets more letters than most students, with one from each sibling at least weekly.
• being from a family of muggles, he had understandable difficulties fitting in and catching up initially. it was partially due to the interest of benjy belby
that he managed the popularity he enjoys presently. taking an equal interest in each other's backgrounds, the two have endured each other's odd and inane questions for years without much complaint - today, just as they were in first year, they are best friends.
• slightly more athletic than the slight and somewhat awkward benjy, he often bests him when it comes to physical competition. adam shares his friend's adventurous streak and is also willing to do quite a few stupid things with him; he is lacking in the pretention surrounding it though, and does not chalk his recklessness up to life experience - he just wants to do something cool
. as a result of this disposition, he is a very rough-and-tumble, energetic young man with a lot of house pride, and is fairly popular in his house.
• that said, he is also a bit more temperamental than benjy and much more likely to engage someone in an argument. he's known to get worked up about several things, the most sensitive being comments about his blood status and about the war back home. having both a father and brother serving, he can't abide ignorance or pureblood indifference on the subject. along with benjy and his friend, irene, he expends a lot of effort helping to organize events to raise money and collect supplies for the troops.
• despite his temper and slight recklessness, he is also a very good friend and a fairly outgoing young man. he's a great listener, which he proves time and time again by sitting through benjy's talk of how much he dislikes his brother, as well as his rather ridiculous crush on irene. he does this - mostly - without complaint, despite thinking that he should work things out with his brother and perhaps just tell irene
. while he thinks benjy's approach is rather too indirect, he does respect benjy enough not to push him overmuch.
• the two have quite a bit in common, including their interest in slugs'n'bugs club and gobstones. they also share a similar sense of humor and, because of their occasional rule-breaking for the sake of it and wild adventures, the same detention schedule. they're rather inseparable and, despite all their differences, like brothers to one another.
• if you're interested in him, feel free to IM me at taylgrrr . the suggested pb is sam way. please contact if you don't want to use him. please consider because they will be afuckingdorable.