welcome to chimera!

CHIMERA is a riddle-era roleplay.

It is currently October of 1942, three years after the beginning of WWII and Grindelwald's war.

We are accepting canons and originals.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

MOVED
CHIME HAS MOVED! Follow us!

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )
add reply
New Poll

this book is so awesome, Emily's characters!
Professor Merrythought
Posted: Oct 29 2011, 11:22 PM

played by emily -------------------- DADA
Group Icon

Group: Faculty
Member No.: 453

Professor Merrythought
75| Pureblood | DADA Professor |Slytherin Alum | Jolly | Experience

user posted image
PROFILE!
YAY a professor! Really I wouldn’t be shocked if the only one you plot with here is her because she’s my new baby and this is her first plot page. XP Nevertheless to the info!! Galatea I like to think is one of those old war-story tellers of sorts. She’s seen stuff. You know? She comes from a very well off family that expected her to be just a lady and mother but she would have none of that. If you read her history you’ll see her upbringing was anything but normal. Her father worked with curses and similar dangerous things as a cursebreaker. Her sister died because of one and Galatea felt guilty. So as a teenager, she was sort of your typical Slytherin sterotype: evil, cold, ruthless, cunning, etc. She danced around with the dark arts even. But age is wise and she learned THAT was so not the way to honor her sister. Focusing on herself, Galatea became a very openminded and kind sort of woman growing older which only doubled when she accepted her post here. She’s been Professor Merrythought here for almost 50 years!! That’s a lot of experience!! So she knows stuff. And she wants everyone to do well. She wants to see the goodness in everyone but knows people can have a darker side. She is just…getting old….and that might be her downfall. SO! Plots?? Do you love her hardworking classes? Hate that she is a pureblood former Slytherin that loves everyone? Are you a fellow faulty?!?! Leave some love for her!

Dominic Miles Maestro
Seventeen | Halfblood | Sixth Year |Hufflepuff | Musical | Social Awkward

user posted image
PROFILE!
First you should know one thing: Dominic is talented, and I mean very musically talented. He sings, plays instruments, composes; the whole package. If he doesn’t grow up and become a musician something is wrong with the world. However he had to thank his lucky stars for his talents or else he’d be rather…odd. He’s socially awkward per say. Many times when he tries to give someone a compliment, it turns out to be an insult. He doesn’t take criticism lightly and will let you know. He can get angry at you easily if you make fun of his music watch out. Long history short – Dominic’s love for music comes from his father which is a sad story because Dom’s father died when Dom was six. So music has become a way to express himself when there was no other way to do so. Did I mention Dominic is the youngest of seven sons?!?! Yeah, he’s got a complicated history. Friends, enemies, crushes?? He’s sort of transfixed on one girl at the moment (who isn’t around ATM). Buuuuut he’s all ears.

Lucy Marie Agrippa
Sixteen | Pureblood | Sixth Year |Ravenclaw | Bookwormy | Shy

user posted image
PROFILE!

Lucy here is kind of complicated. She WANTS to be friendly and outgoing but the girl simply doesn’t know how. Lucy is introverted, shy, and likes to be alone. You have a better change of finding her in the library then anywhere else besides the Ravenclaw tower. She likes her books and studying but even SHE can get tired of it. Although she would never admit to that. She wants to have some kind of interaction with people….she just needs a little help. She doesn’t really know how to make friends easily. It doesn’t come natural for her. If you strike up a conversation with her, with the right topic or whatnot, she can be quite the pleasant girl. She’s patient and courteous about stuff like that. She doesn’t like wild anything unless forced to join in. And anyone with a past history?? The Agrippa family (at least in my mind) is one of those old and well known wizardry families. Part of the reason why Lucy has to try so hard to be the best, she wants to keep her family honor proud. Her past goes all the way back to Cornelius Agrippa - so the family has German bloodties - but generations ago the Agrippa family moved to England to escape all the gossips and struggles. But her family has "old money" of sorts. ; ) Anyone of pureblood might know of her. But be warned, if you meet her in the library, and talk, she will SHHH you!

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
^
Miranda Goshawk
Posted: Oct 30 2011, 09:42 AM

played by ari -------------------- 6th year
Group Icon

Group: Ravenclaw
Member No.: 451

hi emily! i think i've ploted with lucy, but since i can partly remember it i'll re-plot XD

LUCY:
- lucretia black
7th year pureblood slytherin, head girl. lucretia is graceful, aloof, repressed, bookish, quiet and generally likes to keep to herself. i think she'd be polite to lucy but i don't really see them interacting further

- augusta selwyn:
5th year, pureblood gryffindor and vp of dueling club. aggie comse from old money but has an independent bossy streak she tries to hide with demure ladylike behavior, even if she can be quite bossy. i figure she and lucy might know eachother from pureblood scene, and she would be kind and friendly to lucy but she can be a bit domineering.

- silvanus kettleburn
COMC teacher, 33, pureblood, former dragonologist. i thing interaction between them would depend whether or not she took his class, but he generally has an outgoing and friendly disposition to students, even if his ideas of 'adorable and safe creatures' are a little off.

- miranda goshawk:
6th year halfblood ravenclaw, nerdsquad. mandy is a charms prodigy, already masters nonverbal spells and is learning wandless, also has a talent for herbology, particularly with classification and uses of several plants. as far as personality goes, she's mostly a wallflower, shy and quite naïve towads other people's intentions. they have potential for friendship, being in the same house/year (probably roommates too, i don't remember), and i think they would get on quite well on account of being both shy and studious?

- archibald bones:
5th year halfblood hufflepuff, prefect. the bones were a prominent pureblood family until a couple of generations ago when they married out of pureblood society and lost most of their fortune in the great depression. they still produce formidable wizards, and archie os quite talented and methodical, if not chronically underestimated on the account of being so shy, patient and awkward. i think he and lucy might get along well, but he's really awkward around girls, sup.

DOMINIC:
- lucretia: don't see anything here :/

- augusta: thinks his music is nice, but might be prone to being offended with his misunderstood compliments? she would of course try to be ladylike about it, but she's not above getting particulrly irritated if she's having a bad day.

- miranda: they're both in the same year and are bound to take classes together. she's quite nice if not a wallflower and a little naïve. she'd probably admire his music, and probably wouldn't be offended by his awkwardness either, since she's used to socially awkward people (*cough*grugwyn*cough*), so at least it'd be a cordial relationship at least on her part.

- archibald: archie is quite awkward himself and is very hard to take offense, so he wouldn't mind dominic's awkward personality in a bad way, though i'm not sure they'd be friends, more like acquaintances?

- kettleburn: once again, interaction depends on whether or not he took his class

GALATEA:
- lucretia: is head girl and in DADA, so galatea probably knows of her, she would quietly admire galatea having a job, but her caring attitude isn't probably too appealing, since lucretia tends to be aloof, repressed and has literally no friends. regardless, she's a good student in most of her classes, and i doubt DAD is an exception.

- augusta: is galatea's biggest fan, nbd. agie comes from a wealthy pureblood family, and is expected to just lead that boring life, except aggie is an outstanding duelist and would be a professional duellist in her dream world. also takes DADA (and is amongst the top of the class, i bet). aggie looks up to galatea and would love to get an awesome job, even if it doesn't seem likely.

- silvanus kettleburn: yay faculty! galatea probably taught silvanus when he was a student himself, and might remember him as that kid from the african colonies who could hardly sit still and always found ways to endanger himself somehow. he went on to be a dragonologist, and has been teaching in hogwarts ever since he lost a finger and his job for trying to ride a hungry dragon. he's friendly, easygoing and quite charming, and i'm sure he'd enjoy galatea's presence, and would also be very respectful to her.

- miranda goshawk: 6th year ravenclaw charms prodigy. she's quite studious, so i bet she is among the top of DADA as well, although is much of a wallflower and will otherwise be a quiet student unless asked.

- archibald bones: archie is a hardworking and methodical student, and probably does good in her class, but is quiet and not overly participative unless asked as well. uhm, he has lots of siblings, so i'm sure she's taught them as well?

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
^
Professor Black
Posted: Oct 30 2011, 03:13 PM

played by chase -------------------- astronomy
Group Icon

Member No.: 402

Hi Emily XD you will have to forgive me for being a little short on ideas, but I did have one I wanted to run by you...

CEDRELLA
    Obviously Cedrella's life is about to go to hell in a handbasket when she gets disowned, and I thought maybe Galatea might recognise some of her old habits in her and be something of a ... idk, guiding hand, when it all goes wrong? I've been working it that her mother has basically left her to her own devices for her whole life so she could probably do with a decent older woman to tell her to snap out of it and spine up a bit wink.gif

I'm not sure on the students -- do either of them take Astronomy? Not sure there's anything there tbh.
GILBERT
    DADA is Gilbert's best subject! And one of the only things he's any good at. He's keen on monsters and is a bit of a walking disaster in terms of clumsiness and a lack of forethought, but generally means well. He would be energetic to the point, perhaps, of destruction in her class xD

Again I don't think he would have much to do with either students except that he was in the Frog Choir for five minutes and then expelled from it for being tone deaf.

GRUGWYN
    Probably isn't terribly good at DADA because he does everything very much by the book and has very little instinct for anything. He's socially inept, and is in the same year as Lucy, so they will know each other. Grugwyn makes notes on the behaviours of his classmates and generally sets himself apart from everyone with a complete disregard for their feelings -- it's not that he's callous, exactly, but certainly lacking in any degree of effortless empathy. I am not sure how they'd get on, what do you think?

He probably acknowledges Dominic's musical talent but I suspect ranks "musical prodigy" somewhat low in the genius spectrum.

EVANGELINE
    Is an actress drafted in to help Beery run the play. I can't imagine any of them would interact with her unless Dominic is part of it, but even then I'm not sure I'd have any decent ideas XD Willing,though, if you have any!

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
^
Ivor Dillonsby
Posted: Oct 30 2011, 04:19 PM

played by pip -------------------- 6th year
Group Icon

Member No.: 410

i'm too lazy to repost for lucy and dominic, hahahaha. so, here's all for galatea!
jfc they all take dada.

MAITAINE WHISP
fifth year halfblood hufflepuff
maitaine loves unicorns and pretty things and she's a relatively mediocre witch and as such prefers subjects where she's not constantly having to defend her life. after all, she's pretty sure that she's going to end up in the peaceful countryside painting unicorns and pretty animals for the rest of her life.

ABNER YAXLEY
sixth year pureblood slytherin
sigh. blood traitors seem to pop up like mushrooms after the rain in this place. where are they all coming from? anyway, he's one of the knights of walpurgis and already knows quite a bit about the dark arts. he might ask her a bit about occlumency outside of class, since he's studying it on the side.

ARNOLD PEASEGOOD
fifth year muggleborn gryffindor
is going to grow up to be a badass hit wizard, and so is pretty decent at dada, especially when he has alastor around helping him concentrate. he loves the class and probably things professor merrythought is pretty awesome. he works REALLY HARD in class and really does his best and has probably blown a few things up. but hey, he's going to get an O on his OWL (somehow!) and it'll be merrythought's teaching that keeps him from getting killed when he joins the resistance. happy day.

NATHANIEL ULBY
fourth year muggleborn hufflepuff
nate thinks everything is hilarious and probably lols his way through a lot of her classes. he tends to consider lots of the wizarding world semi-ridiculous, and dada is no exception. honestly, the only expection is really healing, since he's got a skill for it and it's what he wants to do with his life in general. he'd probably appreciate merrythought's experience and works hard in class.

WALBURGA BLACK
sixth year pureblood slytherin
walburga regrets continuing with dada and probably gives merrythought shit about 1) being a female professor 2) being a blood traitor and 3) being pleasant to filth. she's far better at the minor dark arts (mostly nasty, petty curses and hexes rather than anything too awful) than she is at dada, althoguh she's a talented witch and coasts on that.

JANUS THICKEY
seventh year halfblood ravenclaw
janus is legitimately interested in dada, since he plans to grow up and become a cursebreaker and get the hell out of england, lol. he might ask the good professor if she knows anything about cursebreaking and how to go about becoming a cursebreaker and yada yada. otherwise he tends to be aloof and probably pays attention and participates in class but doesn't offer his opinion very often.

IVOR DILLONSBY
sixth year pureblood ravenclaw
ivor is in dada and works extremely hard so that he can be as awesome as the rest of his friends in the nerd squad and really just wants to be famous like they will be in the future. he's best at ancient runes and history of magic, but pulls straight Os thanks to the ridiculous amount of work he puts into everything he does. nevertheless, he might creep into class after hours to ask questions and has probably once or twice cheated on an exam because he just really wants to be as smart as the rest of his friends.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Elizabeth Shacklebolt
Posted: Oct 31 2011, 06:26 AM

played by ali -------------------- 7th year
Group Icon

Group: Gryffindor
Member No.: 419

prof. merrythought !!!

elizabeth

in her seventh year class. or will be when i do my claims. she'll achieve reasonably good marks. she's hard-working and determined to set herself up for a career after graduation, and if she didn't find dada interesting she would have dropped it as soon as owls were over. but she won't quite have the knack for it that she does for transfiguration. it will also depend on what prof. merrythought's lessons are like as to how she is in class -- when/if they tend to get drier her attention will wane. she spends a lot of time doodling, and the like. oh, and she's a proud bloodtraitor.

damocles

in her sixth year class. he'll steadily achieve good grades, but dada isn't his passion -- just something that he finds exceptionally interesting. he's probably still likely to ask questions that lead off on tangents before, during and after classes.

decimus

also in her sixth year class. decimus has been experimenting with the dark arts privately for quite some time now -- and most recently with the imperius curse, actually, which he'll get eerily good at later in life. i imagine he shows more aptitude for dada than some of his other classes, because he'll be more interested in how the defences work and how they can be overcome. uh, but he's hardly the type to raise his hand and answer questions, and he won't behave any different to ... ever.

josephine

in her fifth year class. josephine probably hasn't decided whether or not she's going to keep dada after owls -- she might, simply because it doesn't involve getting her hands dirty. generally speaking she doesn't apply herself in classes, and i think she might find prof. merrythought particularly irritating. even more so because she's a bloodtraitor.

catriona

in her fourth year class. cat probably finds some of their lessons pretty cool -- especially the ones concerning dark creatures and jinxes, etc -- but she'll still be a pretty shoddy student. idk, she might try a bit harder in dada than some of her other classes, but she still won't learn to keep her trap shut or be reliable with her homework.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
^
Professor Merrythought
Posted: Oct 31 2011, 03:58 PM

Group Icon

ARI!!!
I think you have too...but I'm down with this! hehehe.

Lucy and...
Lucretia I can imagine Lucy wanting to be like Lucretia. I think I said that before too O.o haha. Interacting idk. But I can imagine Lucy wanting to but maybe Lucretia not wanting to?

Augusta Knowing from society but I can imagine Lucy can't stand Augusta. Maybe Lucy saw too much of Augusta's bossy side one too many times or something. They would be friendly on the outside but inside Lucy would be growling about having to be around her. *nods*

Silvanus I think she did. Although Lucy was probably horrible at it. Actually she was horrible at it. Idk what he would think of her that way. COMC was one of the first classes she was probably happy to drop. LOL

Miranda That would be awesome for them to be friends. Lucy would be slightly jealous of Mandy being so good at charms. But she would push that aside and just like her. Though sadly no, they aren't roomies. *sadface*

archibald Lucy would the name (or have heard of the family name) from her family and understand the story/history. At least as much as society can. But Lucy wouldn't care so much. She likes the people as much as the family names. and she'd find Archibald just adorable. I think they would be able to get along even if he's a little awkward around her. hehe.

Dominic and...
Lucretia nope. Nothing important unless they can argue or something. LOL

Augusta Agree. Though most are. haha. So more bashing of heads I guess here.

Miranda yayyy one of yours that doesn't hate him or dislike him greatly. XP that all sounds cool to me. He'd probably find her curious even.

Archibald Acquaintances works for me....

Kettleburn Again I'm thinking he DID but hated it and doesn't anymore. Running into the professor would be annoying for the boy even.

Galatea and...
Lucretia I'm thinking Galatea has a great memory too. So she would know her students for sure! And she'd love knowing the head girl who is in her class. Even if she is rather aloof. Heck I can imagine Galatea trying to do group work just so her students like Lucretia had to be paired up with people in class.

Augusta YAY. Galatea would love Augusta...and if she learned all that...she'd want to help in someway or another. Even if Augusta didn't want to deal with DADA, Gale wouldn't mind. So long as the girl did something worthwhile. I can see Galatea poking and prodding Augusta maybe asking her about that in her life??

Silvanus YAY!! She probably did. She would have loved him too. Hahaha cause he sounds like a student she'd adore. Friendly and easygoing....she'd love to sit and chat with him about anything. Enjoying each other presences and all that?? yesyes.

Miranda Soooo Galatea would ask her...A LOT in class then. *wink*

Archibald I can see that (teaching the siblings) and so she would remember the name and all. But would try not to be like "why aren't you like soandso" buuut again...she'd try and get him to open up and all that.

If you want to start anything I'm for that btw!! for any!

CHASE!!!
No worries. I'm open for as many or as little as needed!!

Cedrella Awwww poor Cedrella!! I'd love for Galatea to do that!! (see old habits and all that in her) I love it. Being a guiding hand and all. That works for me! biggrin.gif

And no...sorry! haha. Lucy was okay at it but doesn't take it anymore annnnnd Dominic was just plain horrible at it.

Gilbert Woot!! She'd love that. She's a rather odd professor like that. A good distraction is better then nothing. Galatea loves people being energetic about DADA.

Hahaha....Dominic probably hates him for that annnd idk about Lucy.

Grugwyn Well Galatea would probably try and test him for that. She would keep trying crazy things to make him good (even if he doesn't do well at it). She would never give up on trying to make him excel at DADA. Even if she fails. hehe.

And hmmmm I think Lucy would have found him curious but in an unsure way? He's not talkative but neither is she. She sets herself apart but mostly because of her reading/studying. So seeing someone else being like that but...lacking...might make her unsure about him. He's like a puzzle she doesn't understand even after all these years and she doesn't like that fact. XP And LOL just don't let Dom here that. haha.

Evangeline LOL. I can imagine Dominic wanting to do something. But Lucy would find being an actress foolish annnd Galatea would probably be too busy in her own little world. Hm hm hmmmm. I'll keep thinking!!

But also!! If you want to start anything for any of those...I'm up for it!!! biggrin.gif

PIP!!!
Hahaha...no worries...I can look back on what we said about Lucy/Dom. And woot to DADA!

Galatea and...
Maitaine Hmmmm Galatea would probably try and show/scare her that there is more to the world then unicorns. Or perhaps Galatea would be fascinated by Maitaine's interest in unicorns! lol

Abner oh blood traitors. She'd probably want to keep an eye out for him if she noticed him taking an interest in the dark arts. AND she'd be happy to teach him or tell him more about occlumency outside of class. true story.

Arnold LOL. love it. Merrythought would have probably joked around about Abner blowing stuff up in class anyway. She'd find it a good distraction or something. haha.

Walburga LOL. Galatea does love youngsters giving her shit for all those above reasons. Oh yes. Again...a strong eye on her...AND she'd probably be a little harsher towards Walburga because of it all. I so want these two to meet up!!

Janus Ohhhh Galatea would have some strong words for him!!!! She'd be like YES AND NO all at the same time. He'd probably be able to see the rare serious and super concerned side of Galatea if he asks about cursebreaking. Because his father was a cursebreaker...she would know a thing or two about it. But she'd have strong words against it because of her dead sister. Love it!

Ivor Awwww Galatea wouldn't want him to creep back in!! Though she'd be happy to answer any/all questions. Heck she'd be willing to give him extra practice or whatnot if needed.

Again...if you want me/you to start any of those...I'm up for it!! XD

ALI!!!
biggrin.gif

Elizabeth yay bloodtraitor! Galatea is a proud one indeed. And I don't think (I hope) that Galatea's classes would not be boring. She likes to keep thinks interesting and have her students on the heels of their feet. But so long as someone is in her class and trying...Galatea is happy. So she wouldn't mind Elizabeth one bit I think. Even if she doodles.

Damocles LOL. Ohhh I can imagine Galatea can tangent easily too. She would love that regardless. Questions are good to her. She would rather have people asking questions and doing stuff then just sitting around and not being interested in her class. No passion needed. hehe.

Decimus If he's good in her class, she would notice. But since he doesn't try to actively talk or stuff like that she might not notice his....skills. He's good, she would know, but she might miss HOW good he is. She'd probably think he understands the subject "enough" so that's why he isn't answering/asking questions and stuff.

josephine LOL. Ohhh Galatea would be amused by her I think. Knowing she's on that line of continuing or not, she might be a little easier on Josephine...but probably not. Haha. Seeing as she's a fifth year and all. Galatea would keep pushing for her to be more active and involved in class regardless I think.

Catriona LOL. Galatea would still like her I think. Trying is better then nothing!!! And finding her classes cool is what Galatea wants. And psssssh...Galatea would be a little harsh about the homework bit but talking....shhh unless it's in the middle of a lesson about a super dangerous thing ooooor during a test, Galatea is fine with that.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
^
John Homme
Posted: Oct 31 2011, 04:14 PM

played by taylor -------------------- 7th year
Group Icon

Member No.: 55

OMG MERRYTHOUGHT AND DOMINIC I NEED TO GET ON THE BALL

dominic maestro
    kennilworthy whisp
    same year, gryffindor. nerdy and quidditch-obsessed, used to be bullied a lot and is not friends with almost exclusively seventh year jocks. he would sympathize with his social awkwardness, but i don't know if there's much room for interaction with them. i just thought i'd put him up because he's fairly friendly, etc.

john homme
    is my most awkward character! he's a seventh year, a ravenclaw and terribly shy. he's president of the art club and french - i think he would find his music really appealing, but i also think he might be afraid to mention it. if you accept the plot thing i am listing immediately below this one, there is room for them to meet and for john to awkwardly compliment him!!!

professor beery
    teaches herbology, and is his head of house. he would definitely notice and recognize him as a talented young man, and would appreciate his interest in the arts. he will probably invite him to write a bit of music for the play - AND HE IS A FELLOW SINGER/PIANO PLAYER. he's much better at singing though, and used to star in musicals and such. so yes, he would be very pleased to have him around, particularly if he was found to be adept at accompaniment. which is hard to find and invaluable omg this is rambling

professor merrythought
    kennilworthy whisp
    LOVES HER CLASS, PROBABLY LOVES HER. he is very gifted with defense against the dark arts, and probably asks her extracurricular questions after class. he is also a very enthusiastic and loyal member of dueling club. he goes on to fight in the grindelwald war for a while after graduation, so late in this year and all of next year, he will be ALL UP IN HER BUSINESS and so interested in theory and practical application. anyway, he's going to write her really long, detailed, awesome essays and do really well in her class, etc. just a goody two-shoes there.

professor beery
    head of hufflepuff house, herbology professor, WAS TAUGHT BY HER. he'll have trouble not calling her prof merrythought, and will probably like her a lot. he's also a blood traitor, and shirked all his responsibilities in order to live among muggles and pursue an acting career. despite not being all that great with defense, he would have liked her a lot. (: so i think we should thread them.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted imageuser posted image
^
Professor Merrythought
Posted: Oct 31 2011, 05:34 PM

Group Icon

TAYLOR!!!
*rolllllllll with it!!!*

Dominic and...
Kennilworthy *nods* I'm sure people have bullied Dominic for his music and all but Dominic isn't really the awkward for that. And two socially awkward boys could be like O.O. hahahaha. Maybe Dom tries to be a little normal-er around him or something?

John LOL. Awww shy boy!! And you mean with the play.....me like!!

Beery YAY on so many levels. And rambling...I love it sooo pssssh. But ZOMG his HoH is a fellow singer/piano player! YAY!! Dom would love him (not literally but yeah). Accompaniment...if he muuuuuust but he would. Anything for music. And music for the play!!! YEESSSS.

Galatea and....
Kennilworthy <333333 She loves that. All of it!! YES!! ALL UP IN HER BUSINESS IS GOOD!! And so are long and detailed essays. She would love it...just love it!! ONe of her favorite students maybe even. hehehe.

Professor Beery Hehehehehe. She would find it hard to call him a professor too. Although she'd be like a proud parent doing so cause she'd be like "awww I taught him!" well she's like that for all her former students who are now professors but still. And she'd laugh at him if he accidentally called her professor merrythought. hehehe.

And threads.....YES!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
^
Gwendolyn Morgan
Posted: Nov 1 2011, 10:06 AM

played by cora -------------------- 6th year
Group Icon

Group: Hufflepuff
Member No.: 244

FOR MERRYTHOUGHT

mildred
mildred is a new addition to the hogwarts faculty (as in she just arrived a week ago). although she was a mediwitch (serving overseas with the resistance against grindewald), she is brought in as a nurse for the hospital wing. she was dismissed from service in the war after her left (wand) arm was cursed off, leaving her as well with some ptsd and signifigantly lowered ability to perform her work quickly. she is still frustrated by this position, and attempting to re-learn her spellwork with her other arm, as well as has made some progress in wandless magic.
i think she would respect galatea a lot (she only graduated herself 5 years ago, so she had her as a defense professor herself). almost certainly they would get along/have something to talk about? so that seems likely to me. i think she'd respect her a lot.

gwendolyn
works incredibly hard in her class. it doesn't come necessarily natural to her, but she works hard to keep her grades high, and probably distinguishes herself often because of this. merrythought would be able to see she's not naturally gifted, but that she is very dedicated., i think. gwen is very ambitious - her father is rather important in the ministry and her mother is a fairly well-known academic - and she has ambitions to follow her father's line of work (though her actual passion is for quidditch, but she is avoiding that discussion for now). anyway, she'd respect merrythought a lot i imagine. i think they could have a pretty good relationship, though she'll still sort of see her as a professor, not a peer. she was a pretty unremarkable, un-difficult student, back then, so there wouldn't be negative connections anyway.

druella
in her fourth year required class. druella is perfectly well behaved and mostly quiet in her lessons, unless called upon. she isn't unintelligent, but she doesn't really apply herself further than to pass, and never to accomplish anything very remarkable. she doesn't see academics as essential to her future, and so doesn't really give them her full attention, except for patchy instances where she is encouraged by her brother, but that rarely lasts long.
i think she would find merrythought rather unbecoming, for a woman - particularly of good name - but she would never say so or even express it. druella's never rude, of course.

lisette
doesn't take her class. probably enjoyed it averagely and was fairly good at it when she did. i think she would respect merrythought in passing, but not be terribly interested in her.

eileen
takes her class also, as its required. eileen is actually a pretty good student, because she doesn't have a lot of distractions from her studies. she is not very out-spoken though and she gets irritated with interruptions to the class. idk if they would have a lot of interaction outside of class.

roberta
dropped her class because it was too hard :/
she'd like merrythought though and they might know of each other still because roberta's brother is a professor. she'd be friendly in passing, and probably not around her for huge amounts of time.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
^
Zamira Gulch
Posted: Nov 3 2011, 12:56 PM

played by bez -------------------- 6th year
Group Icon

Group: Slytherin
Member No.: 79

hey emilyyyy
p sure i plotted with lucy already but feel free to tell me off if i haven't

professor merrythought

foras rosier
    sixth year slytherin purist who would very quietly find it distasteful for such a woman to be in such employment. he'd never say it aloud, of course, because that would be rude. however, he would respect her for her ability... but not so much her teaching style or kindly ways. foras is exceptionally traditional in some ways and is just generally not very charismatic. he seems outwardly very boring: he's a prefect and a general stick in the mud. he also pays attention 100% of the time in class and is perfectly behaved and all his homework in on time and to an excellent standard and is just generally... idk. probably a little unnerving in his determination to be THE VERY BEST LIKE NO ONE EVER WAS. jk but he's kind of weird

zamira gulch
    dropped out of dada last year because she hates violence and in general would have been annoyed by the professor's conduct. zamira's not very nice a lot of the time, though she's a world away from the usual slytherin evil girl, and she has a mild problem with authority figures, and in particular pushes herself away from kind or sympathetic ones. she wouldn't really get how someone who taught dada could be kind anyway. so she was probably in trouble a reasonable amount of the time when she was actually in the class, and is relieved to be out of it

percival pratt
    would respect her for not being a purist any more but... once a slytherin, man. percy hates all slytherins no matter how nice or whatever they are and percy, as we know, is a seventh year gryffindor who hates everything to do with the snakey house. so, idk. he'll be conflicted about her. also, he won't be particularly gifted with any charm except protego, and he's only good at that thanks to years of practice

brede jorgensen
    hasn't taken dada for two years, but would think she was very nice and such. he's a pacifist from a famous norwegian purist family; his father fled the country after marrying his mother, who is a muggle, and getting her pregnant. so she might know of his relatives, if nothing else

dominic

foras rosier
    likely wouldn't pay him a lot of attention. his only appreciation of music comes from his friendship with elaina greengrass and, though polite, he isn't in the habit of making more friends than he needs. privately he'd think dominic to be terribly rude and devoid of decorum but, naturally, he'd never mention these thoughts aloud. idk, i don't see much between them

zamira gulch
    has probably poked fun at him in the past in a joking sort of way and been rebuffed for her pains. she probably considers what she sees as his sensitivity to be a little ridiculous; i don't see them being great friends, what with zamira's general disposition and inability to care about the things she says being rude when being rude will not affect her standing in her own house

percy pratt
    probably knows of him and the band, but unless dominic approaches him to write lyrics or something, i don't see them really knowing each other

brede jorgensen
    again, probably knows of him and has probably been super friendly to him in the common room because brede is nothing if not friendly, but he's a year above and they travel in different circles soooo... idk

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
^
Professor Merrythought
Posted: Nov 3 2011, 04:14 PM

Group Icon

CORA!!!

Merrythought and...
Mildred Agreed! And I do adore Mildred so yes. I don't know how much Galatea would be able to help Mildred if at all with her wand work or anything...idk what DADA would do...but Galatea still would want to help I'm sure. And she'd remember Mildred too soooo respect is awesome! And getting along...for sure.

Gwendolyn Indeeeeed...if Gwen works hard and tries Galatea would approve. Even if Gwen had low grades (which she clearly doesn't) Galatea would approve of Gwen at least trying. So respect, professor/student, etc etc...all that is fine to me!

Druella YAY! So I can imagine Galatea always wanting to call on Druella and trying to push her to talk and speak up. Quiet but okay in the class...Galatea wouldn't even notice if under it all Druella disliked her.

Lisette Passing is okay to me...and average but no class now. Haha good to me.

Eileen I seeeee. At least she takes her class! That's good to know! XD

Roberta Awwwww. And that'd be cool with the knowing each other still because of Roberta's brother!!

BEZ!!!
yup yup yup you did! So to Dom and Gale!! And if you want us to start any of these into threads or something...tell me so I can start something!! biggrin.gif

Merrythought and...
foras That's understood. Galatea would probably never know he disliked her too. She'd only see him being a great student and end it there. She might notice he doesn't like her teaching style but...that's doubtful. Hahaha. Still, she'd be impressed with his effort and skills. yup yup.

Zamira Awwww. Galatea would be upset still that Zamira dropped her class and all that. Even if they might have clashed beforehand in the class.

Percival Hehehe I do love conflicted people. If Galatea knew this...she'd be sad about it. Galatea wouldn't change and would keep trying to show her good side towards him. She doesn't think of herself as a snake anymore. Heck, she finds that sort of thought process silly and she'd tell him that.

Brede indeed. Knowing the relatives sounds cool...and she would be interested in how a pacifist did in class.

Dominic and...
foras Hm hm hmmm me either. Seeing as music IS Dominic's life...if Foras doesn't care about it, Dominic doesn't care about him. So not much interaction (at least on purpose that I can see)!

Zamira Noooooo. If she pokes fun of him or his music, she would be his enemy for sure! She sort of reminds me of Dominic, sort of. But not really. Haha. Still...I see them butting heads more and more.

Percy Nope nope. Dominic has an ego about his own lyrics soooo not much there!

Brede Knowing of each other and being friendly around each other is good. Different circles does make that difficult! hm hm hmmmm.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
^
William Wagstaff
Posted: Jan 5 2012, 01:04 PM

played by lacy -------------------- 6th year
Group Icon

Group: Slytherin
Member No.: 40

hi lucy! sorry this is soooo late. obviously i have not been WITH IT.

FOR DOMINIC

WILLY
same year. willy probably has made fun of dominic before, since he thinks all serious people are kind of funny; he would run at the first sign of any threat, though, since he hates confrontation. but yeah, dominic is free to HATE HIS GUTS, and in turn, willy might've pranked him occasionally. he's really not sophisticated enough to appreciate music.

ANTARES
ahaha, probably hates him. since dominic throws around insults pretty easily, and antares is so quick to be offended, i can't see them having a jolly good time together. and also, he's a half-blood, so automatic zero points.

RUDOLF
similarly wouldn't get along, since rudolf's ego is extremely susceptible to insults of any kind.

FOR MERRYTHOUGHT

RUDOLF
is in her class, despite being pretty mediocre at the subject. he probably purely by help from his friends - he's not really good with wandwork in general. he will boast a LOT, though, about his success at defending a variety of different dark arts related things. she's free to be annoyed or amused by this, LOL.

BETTY
doesn't focus, constantly passing notes and giggling, often trying to whisper secretly. one of betty's ambitions, though, is to get some "dirt" on all of the faculty at some point, and write something that will ruin their reputation (or cast it in a very SCANDALOUS light). maybe she somehow gets a whiff of galatea's past? she'll ask to interview her at some point, so it depends on how open she is. if not, betty could also find something trivial to make overblown, i'm sure.

ANTARES
would be really confused by her open-mindedness regarding blood purity, and harbor a deep resentment because of it. he'd be attentive and hard-working in her class, though, despite his personal misgivings.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image user posted image
^
Lucy Agrippa
Posted: Jan 6 2012, 08:03 PM

played by emily -------------------- 6th year
Group Icon

Member No.: 383

LACY!! nooooo worries!!

Dominic/Willy:: same year same trouble...hahaha. Yeahhhh I can bet Dominic would make snarky comments and Willy would make fun of Dom and Dom would try to pick a fight only to see Willy run from it all. Yup yup. Dom would certainly dislike GREATLY!!!! Pranks are always hated with Dom here too.

Dominic/Antares:: Probably...hahah. Again!! Dom does throw insults rather easily (but by accident) but I'm sure Antares would be offended all the same. And yup half-blood. awkwardddddd.

Dominic/Rudolf:: Awwww Dom is good at hurting people's ego's!! My poor Dominic...making enemies left and right!

Merrythought/Rudolf:: Awwww I can see Galatea being amused by this. She just likes people being interested anyway or any how in her class....even if they aren't the best.

Merrythought/Betty:: Well!! If you want I can think of this...Galatea would happily let Betty interview her because well....Merrythought is just that open about stuff. And she'd happily talk about herself and about anything...mostly. So she'd talk about EVERYTHING except she wouldn't mention the fact that she USED dark arts when she was younger...or that she felt that she was the reason her sister was killed. *nods* Soooo if Betty somehow got that "dirt" on Galatea...ohhhh Betty would see the nastier side of her.

Merrythought/Antares:: If in class it's all smiles and being a good little student...Merrythought wouldn't notice. She's used to people not accepting the fact that she is a blood traitor. So she'd probably not see that side...unless you call it out or something. Which I doubt would happen!!

AND IF YOU WANT TO THREAD ANY OF THESE I'M HAPPY TO DO SO!! DOMINIC AND MERRYTHOUGHT NEED LOVE!! <3333333

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
^
Betty Braithwaite
Posted: Jan 13 2012, 05:55 PM

played by lacy -------------------- 5th year
Group Icon

Group: Gryffindor
Member No.: 160

i agree with all of that! and i'm down with threads for any of them too. i'm seeing the most potential for maybe dominic and willy (in which willy pranks him, LOL) or betty and galatea (for the interview). good with the others too, though, if you have any preferences. (:

--------------------
user posted image user posted image
user posted imageuser posted image
^
Gwendolyn Morgan
Posted: Jan 17 2012, 07:35 PM

played by cora -------------------- 6th year
Group Icon

Group: Hufflepuff
Member No.: 244

hey! sorry for the HUGE delay omg

mildred
yeah mildred has a complicated relationship with sympathy unsurprisingly, so she might not ask for help - though maybe from merrythought more than others if ther was a specific thing, because she was once her teacher so it's not too uncomfortable a role to her.
yeah they'd definitely get on and could maybe chat at some point?

gwen
yeah gwen does well in classes; she's just not like an INTELLECTUAL but i imagine her hard work and like capability to keep to instructions and deadlines keeps her near the top of her class. i can't quite think of what we could do with them but maybe something will come up smile.gif

druella
this would make druella uncomfortable LOL she would never be rude though and like try to comply if directly called on, but probably never really be exactly what merrythought is expecting here. they could be kind of funny to do a quick thread with if you want. druella - not unlike she is with cedilla - would say she understood and answer questions but not really be changeable in manner so idk it might be frustrating for merrythought

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 
add reply
New Poll

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.5631 seconds | Archive
something wicked skinned by novia of rcr and shadowplay