Last 10 Posts [ In reverse order ]
||Posted on Jan 21 2012, 05:26 PM
||Posted on Oct 3 2011, 05:51 PM
fourth year slytherin – ciara tucker - pureblood
• The youngest of six daughters, Ermengarde has two sisters at Hogwarts and three sisters already out of school and married. Her aunt is Irma Crabbe, making her the first cousin of Alphard, Walburga and Cygnus Black.
• Druella Rosier and Ermengarde grew up with each other, as their families regularly associate. They are polite society friends rather than close confidantes; for the most part, neither would expect differently from an ideal friendship. As essentially social equals and roommates, they are obvious companions for each other.
• A product of the same pureblood society as Druella, Ermengarde is schooled in deportment, propriety and the importance of her future marriage. She is well-mannered and never out-spoken. Her family, however, though equally privileged, is somewhat less rigid than the Rosiers and her manner is slightly less subdued than Druella’s.
• Negotiations are currently, rather belatedly, in progress for Ermengarde’s betrothal to a member of a fairly minor (though pure) family. Because she is not currently betrothed, her future is somewhat less rigidly defined than Druella’s. This gives rise to a slight sense of anticipation about Ermengarde, and she tends to feel, for all her good manners and composure, slightly more present than Druella.
• Ermengarde has more mature interests than Druella as she has had older sisters to follow by example, and from whom she has a more developed sense of how older girls are. She likes to read aloud, keep up polite correspondences, and practice planning dinners and menus. She also keeps an involved journal dutifully, full of entirely trivial observances.
• Ermengarde struggles routinely with passing grades and though quite magical, has never been notable for her academic work. As failing her courses reflects badly on her character she sometimes studies secretly and quite hard late into the night, as she considers being openly studious quite unbecoming.
• Her up-bringing as one of six sisters has possessed her with a slight sense of competition and she sees herself in subtle, not unkind, competition with Druella. Ermengarde is generally considered the prettier of the pair and expected to grow beautiful. She is protective of this fact as in other ways - betrothal, name and connections - she considers Druella generally to best her.
• Ermengarde is instinctively drawn to power. Quietly jealous of Druella’s elder brother, she used to privately imagine Foras as her own brother, but recently, she has begun to instead imagine him as her fiance. She encourages Druella to spend more time with her brother than she would otherwise think appropriate to impose. Her effort with Foras is a mix of personal fantasy and actual ambition; as she has not confided it to anyone, the line between the two is, for her, pleasantly blurry.
I'm Cora, and I'd be delighted if you took this request.
I'd be happy to talk and answer any questions or concerns
You're welcome to pm me or aim me at coralily.