These are some of the most brilliant young minds that will ever pass through Hogwarts, and they will go on to forever leave an indelible imprint on the magical community. They are the darlings of their professors and the most-recommended tutors for their fellow students, and on occasion can be seen helping even those a year above. An "exceeds expectations" is a disgraceful grade to them, and as "outstanding" merely average. In the world of academia, they are superhuman
But really, at the end of the day, they are also just a bunch of nerds/geniuses who gather together regularly to study, compare grades, and discuss intellectual things that no one else
is interested in
They are intense, they are studious, and they spend half their lives staring at books. You wish you were that cool. You do.
They are all sixth years and, with the exception of Minerva, all belong in Ravenclaw.
Note: the factoids about them are generalized suggestions only - feel free to flesh out the characters however you like, as long as it doesn't contradict what's already been said.MINERVA MCGONAGALL
- best in transfiguration (surprise!)
- stickler for rules and convention, but not more than for her own principles
- fairly reserved and somewhat uptight
- when she does make a joke, it's typically dry and understated
- cares more for others than she lets on
- protective over others of the group
- close friends with miranda
- best in charms
- sheltered and naive, assumes the best in people
- generally shy and introverted
- makes for a good and sympathetic listener
- close friends with minerva
- currently being sort of used by willy wagstaff (more info here)
DAMOCLES BELBY taken!
- best in potions
- the most social of the group (though that's not saying much)
- tries to get the others "out" more, with varying degrees of success
- plays quidditch
- has had the longest crush on miranda - they've known each other for years but he's yet to admit it to her face; shit will go down when he finds out about willy
GRUGWYN RUFFORD taken!
- best in arithmancy
- gobstones enthusiast
- mathematically and scientifically brilliant (he makes a hobby of muggle sciences as well)
- extremely - and laughably - socially ignorant
- often cannot detect sarcasm, or a joke
- object of many pranks
IVOR DILLONSBY taken!
- least intelligent of the group - though again, that's not saying much
- this does, however, make him very insecure, and he works the hardest
- ocasionally cheats/cuts corners to make the grade and is ashamed by it
- best in history of magic and ancient runes
- somewhat intimidated by minerva
- will later be solicited by the riddle gang as a spy