Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Animebanzai. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Feedback - 2011
PrimarchBentley
Posted: Oct 25 2011, 02:10 AM

Viewing Room Head

Group: Committee Head
Member No.: 204

Just thought I'd open up a thread for feedback about the Viewing Room this year. Let me start out by addressing some known problems:

- Sound in Twilight 4. This is probably the "biggest" problem with the viewing rooms this year. The problem was that, at certain levels of sound, the receiver would simply reset and power off, like tripping a breaker. I've never had this problem with this receiver before, and can't help but wonder if there was damage in transport. Most likely, this piece of equipment will be replaced before next year, and this also brings up the idea of having arrangements for "backup" equipment (while I had backup equipment for players this year, I didn't have backups for receivers). In all, you have my deepest apologies for this.

- Room staffing. While I had assistance from Richard for much of the convention (thanks again, Richard!), there was a good portion of time where I wound up running between the two viewing rooms trying to run both by myself. This was compounded by my involvement with the AMV Contest, especially when I had to take a 20 min. block of time to set up the computer for the AMV Contest.

- Audio channel levels. Some DVDs and BDs have odd volume levels for things such as, say, the voice-track (ie. Evengelion 2.22). While there's not as much I can do "on the fly" to compensate for this (other than fiddle with surround presets, which is what I wound up eventually doing), it's certainly something I should keep in mind for next year. I was aware of the odd volume mastering for the vocal track in Evangelion 2.22, but didn't think of creating a receiver profile specifically for it before hand. This is something I will keep in mind for next year.

- AC. To be honest, I like the viewing room AC to be on the colder side. This prevents equipment from overheating. Also, when a viewing room fills up with warm bodies, the room warms up fast. For anyone who was in Twilight 4 for Durarara!, the AC was off, and the heat stuck around even through the half hour of cool-down and into the next few shows. Only when the AC was cranked up again, did the room become comfortable.

There are a few things off the top of my head. If you have any further concerns/comments/etc., let me know. Anything in particular you liked? Anything in particular you didn't? This is the place for comments...
krisp119
Posted: Oct 29 2011, 03:04 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,325

Hi! (I stopped by at the end of Banzai and asked about a copy of the AMVs.) Could you pls send a link for viewing them? Thanks so much for all the random selections for viewing! I'd love to see some s.CRY.ed, Black Lagoon or D.N.Angel for next year! Thanks again, -Xanth
RP_Puzzle
Posted: Oct 29 2011, 10:45 PM

Girl Gamer & Part-time Otaku

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,198

QUOTE (krisp119 @ Oct 29 2011, 03:04 AM)
Hi! (I stopped by at the end of Banzai and asked about a copy of the AMVs.) Could you pls send a link for viewing them? Thanks so much for all the random selections for viewing! I'd love to see some s.CRY.ed, Black Lagoon or D.N.Angel for next year! Thanks again, -Xanth

http://z7.invisionfree.com/animebanzai/ind...opic=2289&st=30

Also I didn't go into the viewing room myself, but Toradora and Puella Magi Madoka Magica...GREAT SELECTIONS. Keep up the good work!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Viewing Room | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2409 seconds | Archive