The Admin or Head Judge will send you a reply stating whether or not the evolution was approved.
There a few rules all pilots who want to Evolve a zoid should keep in mind. If you are found in violation of these rules, you will lose your Organoid.
- You cannot Evolve any zoid but your own. This includes trading/selling a zoid to the pilot with an Organoid, evolving it, then trading/selling it back.
- You cannot 'farm' Evolved zoids and give them away/sell them for cheap to other pilots. If you Evolve a zoid, it is for your use only. For zoids Evolved using Basic Evolution, you can sell it later, but if you are found to be Evolving a zoid just to give it to your friend, you will lose your Organoid.
No one can force you to Evolve any zoid you do not want to.SECTION II:
This is the simplest form of Evolution. Your Organoid creates a crystalline shell around the Zoid being evolved, during which time neither one is available for use. In two weeks (of real time) the new Zoid emerges and is available to use. Any modifications that can be mounted to both Zoids remain; the rest are sold off. If a Zoid has a permanent modification that its evolved form can’t use, the evolution is impossible. Of course, not all Zoids can evolve, or be evolved into. The following evolution lines are known to exist:
- Bear Fighter – Hammerclaw
- Beryl Geno – Geno Saurer
- Black Rhimos – Cyclops
- Cannon Fort- Dibison
- Command Wolf – Koenig Wolf – Whitz Wolf
- Chrysos - Buster Eagle
- Demonwing – Fire Phoenix
- Diloforce – Blade Chaser – Death Raser
- Gator – Dimetrodon
- Glaive Quama – Spectre Dragon – Gungyarados
- Godos – Aro Saurer – Gojulas
- Gorhecks – Gordos
- Gun Tiger – Zaber Fang – Death Cat
- Guysack – Deathpion
- Hammer Rock -- Deadly Kong
- Hammer Rock – Iron Kong
- Helcat – Cannon Panther
- Iguan – Deadborder
- King Liger – King Baron
- Lord Gale – Knight Gale
- Maccurtis – Sea Panther – Killer Dome
- Merda -- Heldigunner -- God Kaiser
- Proteus – Hammerhead
- Pteras – Salamander
- Redler – Spectre Dragon – Gungyarados
- Rev Raptor – Gunsniper – Snipe Master – Umbral Sniper
- Rev Raptor -- Spinosnapper – Dark Spiner
- Saberlion – King Liger – King Baron
- Saicurtis – Double Sworder
- Shield Liger – Blade Liger – Slash Liger
- Shield Liger – Snipe Liger
- Sinker - Devilfish
- Stealth Viper – Stealth Dragon
- Twin Horn - Mammoth – Elephander
- Warshark – Megalodon
ZX & UX Evolution
Basic Evolution is all well and good, but it doesn’t give access to anything above Alpha class. For that, you need a different kind of Evolution: ZX & UX Evolution. The process is, at its core, the same as Basic Evolution. The difference is that the process takes three weeks, and no mods are transferred. But the resulting Zoid is far more powerful.
Things get slightly more complex when evolving into an Ultimate X. Ultimate X Zoids are most famous for the Organoid System: effectively an Organoid permanently bonded to their cores. When Evolving into an Ultimate X, you don’t get your Organoid back. Instead, your new Ultimate X gains experience equal to what the Organoid possessed—the Organoid is one with the Zoid now. The following are available ZX & UX Evolutions:
- Beryl Geno - Berserk Fuhrer (UX)
- Blade Liger - Liger Zero (UX)
- Deathpion – Death Stinger
- Diablo Tiger -- Rayse Tiger
- Geno Saurer – Geno Breaker – Geno Breaker Jet (UX)
- Geno Saurer – Geno Breaker – Geno Breaker Psychosis (UX)
- Gojulas – Gojulas Giga
- Great Saber -- Brastle Tiger
- Gungyarados – Gylvader
- Hammerclaw – Kodiak
- Iron Kong - Iron Kong Mk II
- King Baron -- Energy Liger (UX)
- Umbral Sniper -- Gairyuki (UX)
As per usual, ZX/UX-class zoids cannot be given away or sold to any other pilot or to the ZBC. The only way to remove a ZX/UX from your roster is with Head Judge or Admin permission. There is not a form for this, because we assume anyone doing this will be very, very rare.SECTION IV:
Evolutions can be costly affairs when a fully modified Zoid is evolved: after all, there’s a good chance that most of those mods are being sold prior to the Evolution. Centuries ago, an alternative solution was created to offset this loss, a solution called Weapons Evolution. When the Organoid begins the process of Evolution, the Zoid’s modifications are brought in with it, and the Organoid spends three weeks on the process instead of two. The resulting Zoid is something… different. It’s a close relative of what the Zoid is supposed to be, but not quite the same—so it can’t evolve, and the pilot can actually name the new type of Zoid whatever they like.
The difference lies in those modifications that were included. They are now a part of the Zoid, a stock weapon or system that cannot be removed. Any modifications or stock components that would conflict with the new weapons cannot be mounted (at the discretion of the staff). Weapons Evolution is very straining on the Organoid, permanently reducing its experience by 15. The Evolution is also taxing on the Zoid, and permanently reduces the base speed of the new Zoid (before any modifications). The speed loss is based on what percentage the total weight of all Mods are of the basic Zoid's weight. This is found by doing the following: [(Total Mod Weight)/(Baisc Zoid Weight)] x 100; round off any decimals, and compare it to the chart below:
- 0-10% = 5% Speed Decrease
- 11-20% = 10% Speed Decrease
- 21-30% = 15% Speed Decrease
- 31-40% = 20% Speed Decrease
- 41+% = 25% Speed Decrease
It’s important to note that ZX & UX Evolution is incompatible with Weapons Evolution. Further, a pilot may own as many WE zoids as he likes - it is ultimately up to them, however, to achieve the experience necessary for a greater amount of these particularly unique zoids.
Please remember: you cannot sell Weapons Evolved zoids to any other pilot, under any circumstances. You cannot leave them as a legacy to other pilots.
You may sell Weapons Evolved Zoids to the ZBC for the price of the Evolved zoid and the 1/2 cost of any mods added after Evolution.
Like ZX/UX-class zoids and Organoids, you do not lose a Weapons Evolved Zoid if you switch characters.SECTION V:
It’s possible for Zoids to “skip” stages of evolution—for example, evolving a Command Wolf directly into a Whitz Wolf. However, this requires an additional 30 experience for each stage you wish to skip, and adds one week to the evolution time. This is compatible with all types of Evolution.Section VI:
Role-play and Evolution
Zoid Evolution is a prime opportunity for some amazing role-play.
You can role-play evolution any way you want. In canon, evolution is triggered by the need for a zoid to gain more power and more potential - the Organoid responds to this need and evolves the zoid. ZWF canon allows for evolution to happen whenever the pilot and the Organoid feel the need and desire to.
You can even talk to Mission Moderators about allowing Evolution to occur during the course of a Storyline or Campaign mission or as part of the Site-Wide RP.