Title: Urban Blind Battle Challenge
Kegger007 - May 6, 2012 01:04 AM (GMT)
Terrain: Urban battlezone of the judge's preference (I can rustle up a terrain generator for a simple map at your request, as well), 3km by 3km.
Starting Distance: 2km
Pilots: Kil Gannon Versus ???
Zoids: Snipe Liger (Wavecrest Retrofit, Lightseeker, Yamato Grenade Launcher, Darkreign Lasers, Quad Shotguns, Pulse Warheads, Heavy Gatlings) VS ????
Let me know if it tickles your fancy.
We can maybe make this an FFA if a judge feels up to it. Chances are this will be arena.
Cheltsea - May 6, 2012 01:15 AM (GMT)
Aphrodite - May 6, 2012 06:54 PM (GMT)
If this turns into the Arena FFA I'd like to throw my name in it too.
Bree - May 6, 2012 10:14 PM (GMT)
I'll be judging this shindig! You can expect the thread to be up sometime tomorrow evening.
If anyone else would like to join in, kindly state your intent to do so!
Stryker - May 6, 2012 11:47 PM (GMT)
I just might get in on this.
In fact, I think I will.
If Bree says she don't mind the brain breakage. Fufufu.
Bree - May 7, 2012 12:05 AM (GMT)
I'll only put a cap on participants if Kegger wants - he's the issuer of the challenge, after all. Otherwise... bring on the pain.
Gilead - May 7, 2012 12:40 AM (GMT)
blindblood92 - May 7, 2012 03:11 AM (GMT)
Dunwair - May 7, 2012 10:21 PM (GMT)
EDIT: Looks like it's only first 4. So I'm probs not in. But...
I look forward to watching you guys rumble.
Bree - May 7, 2012 11:30 PM (GMT)
OKAY! Here's your map.KEY
- Total map area: 2km by 2km
- 500 meter markers indicated by the black grid
- Yellow roads: Large roads, all zoids can easily move through these
- White roads/spaces between buildings: Smaller roads, medium-sized zoids can only move down them in one direction, smaller zoids may have less of a problem
- Open areas: If it's grey or open, there's nothing there, it's flat, you are not restricted to travelling by marked roads.
- Blue buildings: height 10m
- Green buildings: height 20m
- Orange buildings: height 30m
- Red buildings: height 40m
- Check out the scenic park, schools, and cemetery!
- Most zoids can jump between adjacent building tops.
- Most zoids will need to jump from blue to green, etc, in order to get up to the highest buildings.
- Land-based zoids only. If you want to bring a hybrid, it will be grounded.
- As this is a blind battle, you will PM your moves to me within the standard 72 hour timeframe. I will then post judgments, but there will be no mention of positions. I will instead PM each pilot a version of the map with any additional information they may have based on sensors, visuals, etc.
There are 4 slots. Kegger, Cheltsea, Venus, and Stryker have dibs. If any of you, after seeing the terrain here, do not want to participate just let it be known so we can let someone else in.
It'll be a blind battle, and rightfully so - in fact, come for the long haul, because you might be trying to find your opponents for a few rounds...