This board has moved. Please join us at our new home by clicking the banner above this message. Thank you, and see you soon!



Name:   Password:




The Staff













Contact Staff


Affiliates


Vote for us/Listed at
Planet Nexus


Our Button
X-Men Annihilation




Let's chat!


 
Pages: (9) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

 Leap of Faith
Logan Wolverine
Posted: Jun 28 2011, 04:11 PM


Weapon X
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Posts: 86
Member No.: 4
Joined: 1-August 10



" I wish tha elf was here, woulda made landin easier, aint no way he'd be for what we're about ta do though." Logan said as he stood in the opening for the hatch as he watched Canadian wilderness go by below. Laura seemed ready to go, ready to do something besides sitting.

Logan could see in her eyes, she was lost, she wanted to kill, at times her eyes were blank. He could see laot of himself in her, and that wasnt necessarily a good thing. After this was over, he'd need to have a talk with Scott.

Logan looked at Conor. " Ya ready for this, jus like ol times eh?" Laura growled. " Enough of the pep talk, let's get down there and take care of business."


--------------------
user posted image
Top
Karenza
Posted: Jun 28 2011, 06:35 PM


Right Hand of the Morrigan
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Posts: 994
Member No.: 1
Joined: 1-August 10



Kari almost spoke up when Logan made his call on his first players in the field, but then she did the math. She did not know what Conor's story was, but if he was going on this divebombing mission, he might indeed have the adamantium hardware Logan and Laura did.

{{Logan, please, do not hold me back for personal reasons}} Kari said to him telepathically as he waited on Ray to size up his request. {{I know that is only a small part of it. No worries. But I won't break}}

As she opened a compartment under the seat where she had stationed herself once more, she looked up at Logan and felt something. A twinge. A slight ache. She took a deep breath and realized he was looking at where she had been wounded. {{Point taken}} she said as she pulled out a rifle out of the compartment and started to check it. {{In case I need it. Trust me. I am taking no chances}}

TBC



--------------------
user posted image
Top
Dragonfly
Posted: Jun 29 2011, 02:15 AM


Sport The War!!
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Posts: 92
Member No.: 280
Joined: 31-March 11



Conor grabbed his assault pack and strapped up. Checked his rifle and then slung it over himself and cinched it.

"Going in hot, not knowing what's on the other side, Yeah, just like old times."

He said as he stepped up and looked out into open sky. He looked at Laura, "Don't sweat it. The fight will come to you. Don't get eager, that puts the rest of us at risk. Mission first."

Conor then looked to Logan, "This is gonna hurt isn't it?" Conor smirked under his mask.
He looked back out the hatch, "Let's get it on, Sport the War!"

tbc


--------------------
user posted image
Top
Raiden
Posted: Jul 1 2011, 04:32 PM


Assassin With The Lightning Blade
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Posts: 50
Member No.: 35
Joined: 5-August 10



"Kinda wish my sister were here right now," Ray said as he stared out into the Canadian wilderness, trying to wrap his mind around exactly what he was tasked to do. "This kind of stuff is more of her forte. Frickin' genius she is." Armitage had very similar powers as her brother, and thanks to her cybernetics, she was capable of mathematical calculations on the amount of power the two siblings were capable of putting out, which would help in trying to create an energy burst powerful enough to launch them 100 yards without destroying anything, or, on the worse part of the scale, ripping everyone to shreds.

Even without the aid of her cybernetics, she would be able to pull off these kinds of things in her head without very much effort. But she hadn't experienced the feeling of killing someone, so in hindsight, Ray was glad Wolverine came to him instead of her, or even asked both of them to come. If she wanted to fight, fine, but he didn't want her to go down this road. He took a brief moment to make sure that his sword and sheathe were secure, then looked at the ground. With a rough idea of how fast the jet was moving, he managed to figure out a rough idea of how to pull off the power stunt, give or take 20 yards or so in either direction.

Even with that margin of error, they were close enough to get the job done, and he could just pull them all telekinetically the rest of the way. It was a hell of a lot better than trying to fly everyone the entire way. He took in a deep breath and began to focus and regulate his power level. "Okay, just about got myself set for this. Everyone get close, and I apologize in advance if I ruin your pants. We're on your mark, Wolverine."


--------------------
user posted image
Top
Logan Wolverine
Posted: Jul 4 2011, 04:05 PM


Weapon X
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Posts: 86
Member No.: 4
Joined: 1-August 10



Logan also smirked. Conor was one of the few people Logan actually enjoyed fighting with. He was smart, controlled and was not one to ever forget the prime directive. " We hit tha ground runnin, if Nate is swarmed, Conor, I want controlled fire, only headshots, cant risk a ricochet hittin tha baby or Nate."

" And Laura...." Before Logan could finish she shuffled into the opening of the hatch. " Dont worry about me, I know the score, i'm not a child." She said as her claws were ready for whatever lay below.

*Snikt* Logan popped his claws as he nodded to Conor and then turned to Ray. " Alright bub, let's git er done." Logan wanted to get down there fast, as they waited for Ray to do his thing, Logan could start to hear gunfire echo through the Canadian wilderness.


--------------------
user posted image
Top
Karenza
Posted: Jul 4 2011, 05:41 PM


Right Hand of the Morrigan
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Posts: 994
Member No.: 1
Joined: 1-August 10



"I am not having you all go in blind," Kari grumbled as she set her rifle down, "and I am not having us follow you in blind either. Logan, I'm piggybacking whether you like it or not."

Kari could tell that Logan might have been a bit less than enthused about this than the others could see. "One way tap. I see what you see. I drop a spell if needed. That's it until we touchdown. Since the Goddess touched you, I can move through you if needed."

As she took a deep breath, Kari kept talking. "I know. It needs to be this way. I am enjoying it as much as you enjoyed how I got us onto Priest's property to get Faith and Finn. But I am not going to risking losing four operatives because you got blindsided. Alaska taught us all that much. I'm in. Get to it."

"They have a very unique relationship," Hepzibah said to Rahne as she shook her head. "I am glad I do not have such a thing with anyone who is a telepath."

TBC


--------------------
user posted image
Top
Dragonfly
Posted: Jul 4 2011, 06:25 PM


Sport The War!!
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Posts: 92
Member No.: 280
Joined: 31-March 11



Conor raised his hand, "Uhm, actually, I get killed all the time. But I'm an External, I just keep coming back."


Warpath closed his eyes as he shook his head, "No, no, no, just let it go my friend. Now is not the time."

Conor snickered, "Oh man, this is Just like old times. Does this new Blackbird have a sound system. I'm thinking of some theme music, how about some Judas Priest."

Conor looked back out the door, "Who's up for skydiving without a parachute?"

Conor moved up to the edge, "Let's do this!"

tbc


--------------------
user posted image
Top
Karenza
Posted: Jul 4 2011, 06:49 PM


Right Hand of the Morrigan
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Posts: 994
Member No.: 1
Joined: 1-August 10



Kari bowed her head at Conor's comment. It was all too damned true.

Birth. Death. Rebirth. Death again. At times the cycle was maddening. She knew why her family had been chosen, but she had no clue why Conor had been so blessed or so cursed. She was still not sure how the man felt about it all, and now was not the time to ask.

The thought of a sound system on the jet made Kari chuckle a bit, but there likely was one afterall. She remembered a time when someone had chided Scott on his choice in music during a mission drop. There were many times she had been questioned herself on what she played during training.

"Judas Priest, eh?" Kari said with a sigh. "Pick the song. I'll see what I can do."

TBC



--------------------
user posted image
Top
Dragonfly
Posted: Jul 4 2011, 08:08 PM


Sport The War!!
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Posts: 92
Member No.: 280
Joined: 31-March 11



"How 'bout,,, Screaming for Vengeance."

tbc


--------------------
user posted image
Top
Karenza
Posted: Jul 6 2011, 06:46 PM


Right Hand of the Morrigan
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Posts: 994
Member No.: 1
Joined: 1-August 10



OOC: to listen to the Screaming for Vengeance, click this link.

IC:

Kari nodded to Conor as she tapped a console near where she was sitting. Luckily for him, there was a rather healthy selection of music programmed into the the jet's system. The song started to play over the speakers as the group got ready to be tossed off the plane.

"I am not sensing any other mystics, so that is one small thing in our favor," she added as she kept trying to see past the plane to pick up anything else ahead of them. "And so far that includes no crazed Nephilim warriors, Logan."

TBC


--------------------
user posted image
Top
Raiden
Posted: Jul 9 2011, 04:02 AM


Assassin With The Lightning Blade
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Posts: 50
Member No.: 35
Joined: 5-August 10



As he stood, Ray's body began to pop with energy as bolts began to crackle around his body and the body of the group. He winced a bit as his energy surge started to flow out of control for a brief moment, but he was able to keep his own power in check before any damage could be done. At the same time, he began to muster psionic energy to aid in the desired kicking effect he was about to create, and to keep the Blackbird intact.

After about a minute or two, Raiden was able to gather the appropriate amount of energy needed for his power stunt and hunched his body somewhat. "As I said earlier, this might hurt!" And with that, a blue wave of energy rippled outward from his body, followed by a telekinetic burst at twice the speed. The two wavelengths overlapped, followed by the creation of a TK wall. The resulting shockwave was reflected thanks to the psionic wall, and the team was picked up and flung through the air a hell of a lot faster than Ray thought that they would.

For a few seconds, Ray blacked out due to the mental strain, but quickly woke himself up soon enough to try to maintain some stability of the group through the air with his TK before they eventually landed. Ray hit the ground and end over end and quickly came back up to his feet, his left hand resting on the hilt and sheathe of his sword. "Okay, that's something I never want to do again." Hopefully, he wouldn't have to.

"I can also sense Cable's power signature, but I'm too woozy to pinpoint an exact distance. All I can say is that I guess we're where we should be."


--------------------
user posted image
Top
Logan Wolverine
Posted: Jul 9 2011, 03:32 PM


Weapon X
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Posts: 86
Member No.: 4
Joined: 1-August 10



TBC- Logan,Laura,Conor and Ray to the thread A Warrior's Path is Smeared in Blood

TBC- The rest here temporarily for now


--------------------
user posted image
Top
Karenza
Posted: Jul 9 2011, 06:20 PM


Right Hand of the Morrigan
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Posts: 994
Member No.: 1
Joined: 1-August 10



"They touched down," Kari said to the team as Dom and Oksana piloted the jet toward where Ray had more or less flung the small scouting party that went ahead of them. "Purifiers and Deathstrike. Looks like Nathan bolted with the baby after a Purifier took a shot at him. Damn!"

Kari grumbled as she locked the tube around the seat where she was sitting. "Logan doesn't want me to teleport the jet, but there might still be a way to get us there faster. I'm going topside."

She had made the connection with Logan one way for a reason. If he knew what she was planning, he'd likely get in her face about it. She held onto a small rail that popped from the top of the jet, tethering herself to it as she started to pray. The jet continued on as it flew closer to where Ray had dropped everyone off.

"Morrigan, I beseech you, please make this work," she seemed to shout to the sky as every wind pattern shifted to push the jet along faster. "I said I would not do a portal. I never said I would not pray for help. Dom," she called over the commline, "I can't do much more, or I will be out of the fight for too long. But the Goddess is with us, and she is giving us an assist. Punch it."

TBC


--------------------
user posted image
Top
Domino
Posted: Jul 11 2011, 04:42 PM


Blood & Violence
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Posts: 40
Member No.: 17
Joined: 3-August 10



Dom did just that, she punched it as the blackbird came into a clearing to land, they could see several carriers roll in as 50-100 more purifiers poured out and started to open fire into the dense forest. " Thanks Kari, i'm taking her down in the clearing ahead, hold on out there."

Dom buckled her seat belt and Oskana did the same. Dom hit her comlink to the back. " We're coming in hot, territory is hostile, once we land, its weapons hot." Some of the purifiers began to turn and shoot at the blackbird as it came in. One bullet ricocheted off the front window.

They were now close enough to the ground as Dom put it on auto-pilot to land. " Alright let's send these b*stards packing and give our teammates a path back here for the package." Dom unbuckled and opened the hatch doors and leapt into the snow with two guns aimed and fired. Two purifiers instantly dropped with head shots. She clicked her com. " Conor can you hear me?" There was just static on the other end of the radio. " Conor, Logan, Ray, anyone read me?" Still just static.

" I swear to whatever works for the moment, if Conor intentially cut his com, i'm gonna smack him upside the head." She said as she opened fire again at one of the transports. " Everyone down." She called out as she tossed a frag grenade into the open hatch on one of the transports and it exploded, killing everyone still left inside. She then used the hollowed out transport as cover.


--------------------
user posted image
Top
Wolfsbane
Posted: Jul 11 2011, 11:59 PM


Animal Instincts
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Posts: 4
Member No.: 76
Joined: 12-August 10



Rahne sprinted into the battlefield, instantly turning into her wolf form as she leapt into a group of purifiers and began to slash into them, takign them all down as the snow below her was now painted red with blood.

" These guys really dont know when to quit, you'd think they would give up by now." Rahne slashed into the ches tof another purifer as she suddenly felt a gun barrel pressed to her head. " Hey dog girl, how about ya come home and be my pet."

Rahne growled as she was trying to think of a quick way out of this. But before she knew it, a knife sunk into the purifiers arm, making him drop his gun to the ground and squeel in pain. " Graaaaaaaargh." Rahne growled again as she spun around and drover her claws into the purifiers jugular, slitting his throat open until he dropped to his knees and then into the snow. She stood over the body. " It's a wolf and you are the one that is a mere dog."

Rahne then nodded to James. " Thanks James for the backup." Rahne made her way to Dom's location at the burned out transport. " No word from the guys im guessing, man can't we get one thing to run smooth lately."


--------------------
user posted image
Top
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (9) [1] 2 3 ... Last »



Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.6105 seconds | Archive
Skin created by Da Vinci of the InvisionFree Skin Zone
Sidebar Menu by Scarlet