Raymond "Ray" Madison
Atshushi Yukio, Hitokiri Shippuujinrai
DATE OF BIRTH:
PLACE OF BIRTH:
KNOWN RELATIVES: Naomi Madison | Armitage (sister)
, Claire Madison (mother, assumed deceased), Nathan Pliskin | Liquid Snake (father, assumed deceased)
, David Pliskin | Solid Snake (uncle)
BASE OF OPERATIONS:
Graymalkin Industries, San Francisco, California
KNOWN MUTATIONS OR DEFINING FEATURES
: Eyes are speckled with blue and gray. Blue portions of his eyes shine as he uses his powers.
POWERS AND ABILITIES:
POWERS AND PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
The mutant Raiden is an Alpha-Level mutant, light psion capable of manipulating energy for a wide variety of purposes. Whether his energy manipulating powers are psionic in nature is unknown.
Energy Manipulation: Ray has the mutant ability to absorb and manipulate large quantities of ambient electromagnetic energy, internalizing it and transferring it to the visible spectrum as blue energy. The aura tends to plume off of his body, trailing like fire and smoke, often trailing in the direction of strong wind currents.
- Energy Blasts: Raiden can manipulate the energy he controls into concussive waves of energy of varying strengths. This is demonstrated by the energy forming a plume of energy forming around the origin of the blast before jettisoning out as a wave of energy, flowing along a predetermined path. Typically, the strength of the blast is gauged by the size of the blast. Though the full strength of his energy attacks are unknown, he has been shown to possess enough power to destroy city blocks and create craters. He possessed enough control to release the energy blasts from various parts of his body; from fingers, his eyes, and even his knees. By containing the energy and delaying the output until physical contact, Ray can increase the damage his blows do in combat to lower superhuman levels.
- Energy Combustion: Ray can transfer his energy into various objects, from concrete to steel, causing it to pulse blue with energy. Upon releasing his hold on the object, the energy becomes violent, causing the object to explode a short time afterward. The larger the object, the more energy is required to charge it, and the longer the process takes. Since he controls the energy, Ray can control the time of the explosion if he so chooses by leaving energy strands barely visible to anyone but him, which he snags on to create the explosion. If too much energy is used, and he tires himself out, once his body stops touching the object, it will explode at a random time, or explode on him even if his body is touching it.
- Energy Sense: Ray is able to detect the energy sources of other living beings. Mutants and others with super powers register at a higher level than normal people, while those with energy manipulating powers, or those infused with high levels of energy like the Hulk, register higher or lower depending on their current power level.
- Power Supression: If need be, Ray is able to lower his own power levels, decreasing the amount of energy he can access in combat, or outright shutting down his powers altogether. This allows him to slip by certain security devices or register himself as a significantly lower threat than he really is.
Healing Factor: Demonstrated by his ability to avoid death, Raiden possesses a healing factor. Though nowhere near as fast as the best of them, Ray is able to heal from life threatening wounds within minutes to hours. It's assumed that he may be an External, or that his healing factor comes from another source.
Telepathy: While minor, Ray possess some sort of telepathic ability, allowing him to communicate with others mentally. He tends to speak with other telepaths, given his low power with this. He also possesses a psionic link with his sister, Naomi, which allows them to communicate more efficiently with each other than with anyone else.
Telekinesis: Raiden is able to use psionic energy to manipulate and control objects with the mind without physically touching them, especially over long distances.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Levitation: Raiden can use the psionic energy to move objects off of the ground and into the air. One airborne, the objects can be moved in any direction he chooses with minimal effort. Raiden possesses the finesse to manipulate small objects, such as a pencil, and enough raw power to levitate a tank twenty feet into the air with maximum effort.
- Force Fields: Raiden can use the psionic energy to form nigh transparent walls or domes of blue energy, protecting himself and others from harm. The maximum width of the TK fields is ten feet. It's unknown how strong his fields are, but he has been able to withstand energy blasts comparable to his own with no significant problem.
- Physical Enhancement: Ray can use his telekinetic powers to enhance his movements to superhuman levels, increasing his speed, reflexes, and agility. This tends to cause physical strain, so he rarely does this beyond increasing his leaping ability.
- Flight: Ray is able defy gravity to propel himself through the air with telekinetic force. His maximum speed is unknown, though it's most likely less than 300 miles per hour. Ray hardly ever flies, due to the physical strain.
- Shockwaves: By stimulating the air, Ray can create telekinetic bursts, allowing him to blow beings, objects, and energy attacks off course. His strongest feat was his mimicking of Banshee's sonic scream, though it left him significantly drained afterward.
Bilingual: Raiden is capable of fluently speaking English and Japanese.
Expert Martial Artist: Raiden possesses extensive knowledge of the Chinese martial arts Baguazhang and Kung Fu, as well as the Japanese martial arts of Battojutsu, Kenjutsu, Iaijutsu, Karate, and Ninjutsu.
Expert Acrobat: He is a highly skilled gymnast and acrobat thanks to his martial arts training.
Expert Swordsman: Raiden is a capable swordsman, wielding his Katana with an unorthodox style similar to that of a traditional swordsman. His fighting art relies heavily on the strengths and weaknesses of the Katana and isn't as efficient with other sword makes.
Infiltration, Espionage, And Assassination: Raiden is talented when it comes to observing targets, breaking into buildings without being seen, and discarding of a target without being seen. Considering his past as a Weapon Plus assassin and his disdain of it, he tends to ignore these talents, keeping him from being one of the best in the field.
WEAPONS AND EQUIPMENT:
Adamantium Katana: A Katana with a blade made out of titanium. It's been chrome plated for shine and impregnated with Adamantium to reinforce the blade, essentially making it indestructible.
Temperament: Raiden can be quickly pushed to anger, especially when protecting his sister, Armitage. This can present a significant opportunity for someone to capitalize on, though there is a significant drawback. When enraged, there's great risk potential for Raiden to tap deep into a well of energy within himself, increasing his power several fold. With this uncontrollable amount of rage comes a great amount of uncontrollable power, leaving him at the mercy of his extreme rage. As of right now, the limit of his powers are unknown and could be as limitless as Hulk's strength. Tapping into this potential will tire him out quickly, leaving him quite vulnerable, if not unconscious.
Regenerative Taxation: Raiden, despite his healing factor, is not capable of rapid regeneration. Should he receive far too much damage, he can be put down for extended periods of time, or indefinitely depending on the extent of damage he has received.
Ray was born in Detroit, Michigan to Nathan and Claire Pliskin. Due to an accident as a child, Ray's powers manifested at age four instead of puberty. Although his powers developed early, they were pretty weak and didn't cause any trouble, which was good, seeing how his father was in the military. His parents would often attempt to find someone to help Ray gain control over his powers, but to no avail, so he and his parents just had to deal with it. Ray still had somewhat of a normal childhood with his sister, Naomi, even while bouncing around from state to state and even from country to country. Because of his dad being active in the military and them constantly moving, Ray managed to learn quite a few languages by time he was in fifth grade.
But, as Ray grew older, the more powerful his mutation became. There have been various occasions where strange beams of light flared multiple times, or when some items in military bases mysteriously explode, but the causes of these events were never discovered. Somehow, someone found out about the little mutant running around on the American base in Japan. And not too soon after, an explosion rocked the base, killing dozens, including Ray's parents. Ray himself was rendered unconscious and taken away. The reports stated that he was incinerated in the blast, because there was not a single trace of his body left.
When Ray came to, he wasn't at the base where he last remembered, he was locked away in some room that looked similar to an emergency room found in a hospital. Just by glancing around, he figured he wasn't in a hospital. As he tried to get up, he realized that he was strapped to a table, with no visible means of escape, so he just rested in the table, waiting for someone to arrive. Hours passed before any signs of life were seen. A woman brought him a glass of water, let him drink through a straw, then left. Immediately after the doors shut, electrical currents were ran through Ray's body, causing him extreme pain. At random moments during the day, he was shocked. He was deprived of food for his first day and constantly shocked, eventually numbing his body. When he came to again, he was in another room, which he figured it was a science lab. This time, instead of being locked away alone, he was surrounded by many scientists, all with the Weapon Plus logo embedded onto their lab coats, monitoring his vital signs on the various equipment he was hooked up to. While he was here, Ray was beaten and electrocuted, at carefully planned times during the day. Through the torture, Ray was weakening, and when they noticed, they decided to go to work.
This is when these scientists began a telepathic assault on Ray's mind, in an attempt to weaken him mentally as well. In the beginning, Ray could defend against these well enough for them not to cause significant damage. But, as more and more telepaths started working on him at once, it was easier for them to work. This is where, in a sense, where Ray is "killed". Due to their telepathic assaults, Ray became amnesiac. Mental blocks were put up as they started to brainwash him. This is when Atshushi Yukio was born. Due to his mother being Japanese herself, it wouldn't seem weird for them to dub Ray with a Japanese name, since his asian features show through quite well. Ray was then manipulated to believe that he was Yukio, a young hybrid Japanese boy from Shizuoka who had lost his parents, Akira and Migumi, and his sister, Kasumi, in an apartment fire, which he barely survived and was sent to live with an adoptive family.
Ray was believing everything he was told about the story of Yukio, started to live the life of the 12 year old Yukio, being constantly spoiled, keeping up with his namesake. But, every time he went to sleep in his "home", which was nothing more than a construction inside the Weapon Plus facility, he would be "woken up" by a telepath, and taken to a special room, where he was conditioned and trained in martial arts. They would do this for up to three hours, then put him back to sleep, and later he would wake up, his body numb to sedation, and no clue as what he went through during the night. During the day, he would act as any person. Years pass, and the organization's hold on "Yukio" continued to tighten. He was nearing his late teens, and his body and powers were conditioned to their peak at the time, which is when they taught him to become proficient with a sword. Not only did they do and accomplish this quickly, but they also got Yukio ready for his future profession: assassination. After a couple more months of conditioning, Atshushi Yukio was prepared for his occupation, and was partnered up with a young girl, Hitomi. It was fairly easy. They had to take care of some "rebel" organization's leader, who was proclaiming attacks will be made in Japan. Simply put, the man was killed by a wound to the heart, and his organization was later taken care of by Weapon Plus
His first job was a success, but these people didn't seem to think it was good enough, so when "Yukio" went to sleep, once again, they woke him up telepathically to train him even more. But this time, things didn't go as planned. When battling some droids, and being overwhelmed, he unleashes an energy blast, which in turn, hurts Ray and does nothing to the machines! His vital signs quickly dropped on their machinery, and nothing they could do brought it up stable condition. It seemed as if he were going to die, so they tossed him out like garbage, just as he was. When Ray awoke with a throbbing headache and once again amnesiac, he was in the Shizuoka police department, being asked all kinds of question's by police. He was given his "walking stick", which was really his sword encased in a wooden frame, which made him seem crippled. They were also surprised that he was able to see due to the fact that his pupils were gray, the color eyes tend to be when their's blind. Unable to answer their questions about his past, Ray was taken to a medical center in Kyoto. He found so sufficient help there, so they sent this John Doe to America, where he began seeking help in Albany, New York.
In Albany's medical center, Ray was given something that he wasn't in Japan, his doctor was somewhat of a telepath and attempted to bring him out of his amnesiac state. The woman's treatment was working, and Ray started to get memories about two childhoods, for his Ray and Yukio persona's, which he conveyed to his doctor. Ray neglected to tell the woman one thing, he was remembering more than he let on. Flashbacks of the explosion that killed his parents haunted him while he slept, along with the torture he went through day after day. These stood out more than the false life of Yukio or Ray's personality before his parent's death. Ray was becoming two people under everyone's noises: The average, goofy yet serious Ray Madison, and the cold, efficient killer that is Atshushi Yukio. More often than not, Ray begins to mix of the histories locked away in his mind. So, late at night, Ray left the medical center and fled to New York City, where he's actually lead a normal life. As his memory was returning, he went to seek out those who could help him, arriving at Xavier's mansion. At Xavier's mansion, he encountered a young girl named Dominique, and they became best friends. Together, both of them became rookie X-Men. But, to Ray, something didn't seem right, about him or Dominique. She didn't think so either, and for some reason, both of them had decided to go to the same place, Japan.
In Japan, both tried to trace their past together, and it lead them both to the same place, a Weapon Plus facility. Both of them infiltrated it together, and encountered a Chinese man, codenamed Vamp. Upon looking at him, Ray and Dominique arrive at the conclusion that they've seen the man before, he was the one who trained them both. Dominique figured he was under someone else's control with a telepathic scan, which was later confirmed by a man who sneaked into the facility, calling himself Snake. Together, the three dispatch and kill Vamp. Deeper the three went into the base, fighting every soldier who attacked until arriving in a chamber, and inside was a fleet of robotic soldiers, and a man in a cybernetic suit. Through some amazing dialog, it was revealed that this man was Nathan Pliskin, father of Ray, and Naomi, who at the moment was calling herself Dominique. It was also revealed that Snake was Nathan's brother, another product of Weapon Plus experiments. With a chaotic battle, Ray, Naomi, and Snake dispatch the robots, and start battling Nathan, who was easily taking them all. But, inside a metallic chamber in the back of the room, something was stirring. In a blinding golden light, the chamber in the back explodes with pure psionic power. These psionic waves disrupt the mental blocks placed on Naomi and Ray, returning most of their memories, including those of the woman, their mother, Claire! Being engulfed in what looked like a firebird, she vanishes, and the facility starts exploding.
Running for their lives, Ray, Snake, and Naomi escape the exploding Japanese Weapon Plus base and head back to America, to rejoin the X-Men.
PLAYER�S NAME: Ray
PLAYER�S CONTACT INFO: email@example.com
OTHER CHARACTERS: link