Member No.: 1
Joined: 4-May 10
VampiresWhether you are interested in being a creature of the night or not, these are definitely a few facts that are good to know about these blood-lusting creatures.
If you have a question about Vampires, and the answer is not described below, please post in the F.A.Q. thread with your question and a staff member will be happy to answer it for you.Becoming a Vampire
- Obviously, you need to be bitten by a vampire. And they need to drain a fatal amount of blood from you. One sip is going to accomplish nothing but leaving a very nasty scar.
- You need to drink blood from the vampire that bit you. Blood from any other vampire or creature will not work. So, if you got bitten, drained, and the vampire decided to leave you... you're dead. We certainly hope that you were a tasty meal for the vampire.
- You are going to die. Your body will physically freeze into time. Depending on how much blood you drank from your sire will depend on the amount of time the dying process will take. It only a took a few hours for some, and others took as long as a few days to fully die. But trust me, it's going to feel much, much longer than that.
- The First Meal Well you may be undead, but you're not a vampire just yet. You have 24 hours to feed and intake some blood (from any unfortunate creature) before you find out that immortality can last a lot shorter than you think.
Weaknesses and Restrictions
- Immortality Along with not needing any oxygen to function, vampires will not age or die from natural causes.
- Self-healing Not only is a vampire's body immune to disease and illness, but their body can also heal itself from injuries. How quickly a vampire's wound heals depends on a few things. Older vampires can heal quicker than younger ones, and what kind of blood they feast on will also affect their healing abilities. Smaller, more shallow wounds can take seconds to heal while larger, deeper wounds can take an hour or so. Broken bones will take a day or two to heal. Burn wounds will scar if a large amount of blood is not consumed within a short amount of time.
- Speed Vampires are naturally quicker and more graceful than humans. Their reflexes are quicker, and they are able to run up to 90mph.
- Super Senses There is no need for glasses or hearing aids. A vampire's eyes can even see color in the dark, and they can hear a pin drop in the middle of a crowd that is in the next room. Their smell is also keen, and they are able to pick up the different scents between lycans, mortals, and other vampires. Outside, however, distinguishing the smells becomes difficult as the other lovely smells from the city interfere.
- Blood This is the key ingredient for making a vampire. Blood is needed to sire and survive as an undead creature of the night, and different kinds of blood affect vampires in different ways. While vampires can survive off of animal blood, those who intake human blood will naturally be stronger than those who do not. How much blood a vampire consumes will also determine how quickly they will be able to heal themselves from wounds. If a vampire is attacked after not drinking blood for a few days, they can hurt themselves easier than a vampire who feeds themselves at least once a night.
- The Dark Gift Each vampire obtains a special, dark gift when they are sired. You can find more information and choose your dark gift HERE
- Sunlight/Fire Vampires are extremely sensitive to sunlight/fire. While they are able to survive moderate burns, they can only touch fire for a few seconds before the flame engulfs them fully. If they do survive a fire attack and do not feed shortly afterward, the burn wound will permanently scar them. There is no mercy from the sun. Sunlight will instantly turn a vampire into a pile of dust.
- Other Wounds Certain wounds can cause a vampire to die, usually with starvation from being too weak to feed. There is no way to reattach any limb that has been severed off, and that does include their head. While serious wounds, like gun-shots and beheading, will not kill the vampire, a fatal amount of blood-lost will cause them to weaken to the point where they can become too weak to feed themselves.
- No More Bedtime Vampires are not able to fall asleep. They can lay anywhere and close their eyes for however long they wish to, but they are not able to slip into a subconscious slumber. There's no need for the Red Bull.
- Poison A vampire cannot consume Lycan blood and will die within hours if they drink too much from one. Once the blood of a Lycan is in their system, there is no cure and they are poisoned to death. The good news is that vampire blood is also poisonous to lycans.
- Myths There are many myths about vampires floating around on Google. Weapons like stakes and garlic have no effect on vampires, and holy water only gets them wet. They cannot shape-shift into bats, and they are able to be seen in mirrors. Vampires cannot reproduce with any other creature or with themselves. So, there is no chance that a hybrid is roaming around. The only way you will find a vampire child is if a human was sired at a young age.