Member No.: 1
Joined: 28-April 10
OUT OF CHARACTER RULES
· As with any rpg, please treat others with respect and consideration. After all, roleplaying is supposed to be fun!
· If you have a question or see someone violating the rules, please contact an
administrator or moderator. Please do not try to handle the situation yourself.
· Refrain from spamming the ooc forums, and keep all OOC posts out of the IC forums. Accidental posts musts be reported to the staff via the Maintenance thread.
· Make sure your tables/templates and signatures don't stretch the board. If you think your table/template may be too large, there's no harm in asking before using it. Generally, the maximum width will be 500px. Avatars can be a maximum of 200x300.
· Your username should be your character's First Name and Last Name. No symbols or numbers. No middle names. Properly capitalize both and use a different account for each character.
· Characters can be 'inspired by' characters from other fandoms, books, movies, etc. but cannot be exact replicas. We encourage originality and each character should be well suited to the Harry Potter universe. We do not allow real life persons of history to be played here - all characters should be fictional.
POSTS AND ACTIVITY
· We do not have a word count. However, please be courteous to your fellow writers - it would be impolite to write a one lined post in response to 1200 word post. You aren't required to match it, but at least give them something to respond to.
· It is recommended that you post at least once a month to avoid inactivity, removal, and the potential loss of your canon characters. Activity checks are conducted on the 15th of every month.
· In the case of repeated deactivations of the same characters or members, the staff may, at their discretion, recommend your number of characters be cut back.
· If you are going to be absent for more than a few days, post in the absences thread. Anyone who is absent for a month without explanation will be removed without guarantee of reclaiming any canon characters.
· This is a writing board, therefore you should have a sturdy grasp on grammar, punctuation, and have a workable vocabulary. Spell check posts before submitting them for the consideration of your peers. Posts are required to be written in third person only, excluding journals and letters.
· Mark your posts if they are private (i.e. created for a specific person). We request that you do not tag a person directly in the title and instead simply write 'Private'. If there is nothing in the title description regarding who may join, it will be assumed that anybody can, i.e. that the thread is open. Additionally, a mature tag should be utilized for any explicit material.
· In Character consequences are put into effect here in order to maintain the balance between our fantasy and realistic setting by way of the Daily Prophet. If you do not want your thread being subject to gossip, mark your first post as outlined here. Do note the disclaimer however, as threads that are a blatant disregard to our setting and in a public place will be individually addressed by the staff as outlined in the given post.
· This site is for mature players. Please be aware that this site has an open-door policy on sex, drugs, and violence for players who are ages 18 and over. Whilst such content will be clearly marked in the topic title, it is permitted, so join and read at your own discretion. The minimum age for joining is 13 due to Invisionfree's requirement.
· Due to Invisionfree's policy as well as legal matters, any members under the age of 18 are not allowed to write explicit sex, violence or otherwise graphic scenes. Should you be 18 and under, you must write a fade to black no more than what would be a PG13 rating. Also, if you do not list your age on your application you must adhere to the fade to black rule.