Middle Class Sixth Year
Member No.: 1,223
Joined: 10-June 12
Cecilia Grace Chaucer
Nicknames: Cissy, Cee
Birthdate: 11 February 1866
Current Age: 17
Hogwarts House: Ravenclaw
- Pear | A resilient wood, Cissy's wand still looks exactly as it did on the day she bought it -- a fact which is not completely due to the obsessive care with which she sees to it. The warm gold reflects Cecilia's personality as she shows it to everyone but her step-siblings. Like most bearers of pear wands, Cissy is warm-hearted, generous, and popular. A pear wand has never been discovered in the possession of a dark witch, and Cecilia's aversion to even the idea of dark magic means that she will not be the first bearer of a pear wand to turn.
- Unicorn Tail Hair | The core of Cecilia's wand is from the same unicorn that provided the core for her sister's wand, making their wands twins as well. Unicorn hair cores fit best with faithful and innocent bearers -- both traits that Cissy possesses.
- Ten Inches | Slightly less outgoing than her sister, Cee also possesses a slightly shorter wand.
- Supple | In most matters, Cecilia is quite flexible and willing to listen to reason.
Social Class: Middle Class
- Charity Gray née Gower, 1843, mother, muggle
- Nicholas Chaucer, 1831-1868, father, muggle
- Palamon Chaucer, 1862, brother, muggle
- Blanche Chaucer, 1866, twin sister, Ravenclaw
- Thomas Grey, 1836-1875, step-father, muggle
- Rebecca Grey, 1866, step-sister, Slytherin
- James Grey, 1871, step-brother, Gryffindor
- William Grey, 1873, half-brother, muggle
- Ellory Grey, 1874, half-sister, muggle
Like Blanche, Cissy has pale blue eyes and long blond hair that has a slight wave to it. Cecilia is rather fond of her little round button nose, but has not quite mastered her sister's control of her expression. In fact, Cissy has an open, honest face -- one which makes her smiles have a light to them that cannot be faked. While she is also just over five feet tall, Cee carries a few more pounds than her sister. It is not enough that people tend to notice, although Cissy likes to think that it gives her better curves than her sister. Careful of her appearance, Cecilia wears primarily cool colors in muted shades with hints of silver or gray to the tone. Like her sister, Cee has a special piece of jewelry that she always wears: a silver oval locket with a cameo face. Unlike Blanche, Cee is right handed.
- 11 Feburary 1866: Blanche and Cecilia are born into the Chaucer family, and are doted on by their parents and older brother.
- 3 January 1868: A little more than a month before the twins' second birthday, their father dies. Cissy does not really understand what has happened and is constantly asking for daddy, which makes things harder on Charity.
- September 1872: Charity marries Thomas Grey, adding another pair of children to the family. Cissy doesn't really care one way or the other about one year old Jamie, but immediately dislikes the six year old Becky. Blanche was enough like her that Cecilia did not really see her as competition, but Rebecca was clearly a danger to the twins' status as pampered pets of the family. Unfortunately, their meeting was the best part of the twins' relationship with Becky. Within the first month of marriage, Cissy inexplicably sets one of Becky's dolls on fire -- her first (unrecognized) sign of magic.
- September 1873: To Cissy's displeasure, William is born. She eventually grudgingly comes to like him, but doesn't like the idea of her mommy having children with someone other than her father.
- October 1874: Ellory is born.
- 6 February 1875: Thomas dies less than a week before the twins' ninth birthday. Cissy, who had never really completely accepted her step-father, was more resentful if the bad timing than anything.
- 11 February 1877: On her eleventh birthday, Cecilia (along with her twin) receives a letter inviting her to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Although she would have been devastated if Blanche had not also been invited, since both girls were going Cissy was quietly ecstatic. Their mother spoiled them horribly, and Cecilia basked in her affection.
- 1 May 1877: Rebecca is also invited to attend Hogwarts, which both twins find utterly tactless. Cee starts referring to her step-sister as "Tacky Tag-Along", although never where her mother can hear.
- 1 September 1887: Cissy and her twin are sorted into Ravenclaw. Becky is sorted into Slytherin, and at the time all Cee cares about is that it's not Ravenclaw. Later on, she'll claim it's proof that Rebecca is her evil step-sister.
- At Hogwarts: Blanche and Cecilia remain close while making friends and settling into school. Cissy always thought that some people, especially boys, could not tell them apart even after she gained about five pounds that her sister did not carry. Most of what the twins did to Becky at Hogwarts involved telling their friends that she was worse than she really was -- not that she was ever nice to begin with, and her being in Slytherin made it easy for her to be painted as the wicked step-sister.
Social, warm, generous, innocent, faithful, day-dreamer, curious.
Sample Roleplay Post:
By this point, Cissy considered herself to be reasonably comfortable in the Browne home. It certainly had the advantage of being pleasantly Becky-free, and besides that it contained the delightful Mr. Gideon Browne, the twin of her friend Odira.
Speaking of Odira, she was finally back from the Draft. That fact excited a sort of almost morbid curiosity in Cecilia; Odira had actually been out in the wilderness! More than that, she was to receive land in return for her part on the expedition! This was not a mere dowry -- although if would serve well for that if Odira chose -- but actual land in Odira's possession. That meant that Odira was (or shortly would be) a landowner, just like a man! It was quite a fascinating prospect to Cissy, who did not quite believe it was true.
Poking her head into the parlor, the fair-haired muggleborn spotted her friend, who had taken on a sort of shine of the fantastic to Cissy's eyes. "Odira?" she asked tentatively, hoping that the other girl was in the mood to talk. "Is it true that there were dragons in the mountains?"
Out of Character
Contact: PM is preferred
Other Characters: See CML
How did you hear about us?: various ads, RPG-D