Index  ·   Newbie Guide  ·   Helpful Links  ·   Character Master List  ·   Search  ·   Members  ·   Staff  ·   Cbox
Welcome to Charming!
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

· CALENDAR ·
July 1883

4: 12: 19: 26:
S M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
· CURRENT EVENTS ·
M.D
EVENT
07.01 07.21 QWC: France vs. Japan
07.01 07.15 Student Staff Applications
07.10 Thread Roulette
07.13 Maroc's Greek Mythology Costume Ball
07.31 Student Staff Announced
07.01 07.31 July Writing Challenge
07.01 07.31 Posting Wizard of the Month
· NEWS ·
07.25 @ 10:07am
Reminder: Posting and new registration abilities will be turned OFF tomorrow 07/26 at 6pm CST as we begin the moving process. The cbox will still work - you can check there for updates or our tumblr.

07.23 @ 6:13pm
In preparation for the move, all active Coming Out Ball threads have been moved to The Past forum.

07.21 @ 12:07pm
Just a reminder that we are moving in 5 days! If this is news to you, read up on it here! Posting Wizard signups for August are now open!

07.15 @ 11:19pm
The deactivations for the July activity check have been completed with list cleanup underway; for reactivations, please post in Maintenence.

07.10 @ 10:25am
This month's thread roulette pairings have been posted!

07.07 @ 11:54am
Check out our latest newsletter for some big news!

07.01 @ 9:28am
We are now in the month of July. Congrats to Beanie and Lauren, who won posting wizard of June with 82 and 132 posts respectively!

» Reply » New Topic

»  Universally Acknowledged, Private
Ivana Sleptov
Posted: Feb 17 2012, 05:30 PM

Upper Class

Group: Deceased
Member No.: 202

an offer you can’t refuse

It is a truth, universally acknowledged, that a man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife.

The air was cool, though not too brisk for a February afternoon, and mitigated by the fur-lined cloak clutched tightly around the witch’s body. The company, too, was an asset—Gabriel de Havilland. The pair had been courting since the autumn, and as much as the arrangement had placed a fair amount of pressure on her, she had genuinely grown to become used to his presence, fond of his company. This was good: she was too old and in too precarious a position to have wasted the past few months on a man whose company she could not bear.

Ivana wrinkled her nose in distaste as a pair of unkempt children darted past, likely as not from the slums. Though Padmore Park was quite attractive even when the winter snows buried the plants, she did wish that it was not quite so... open to the entirety of the village. The Russian did not doubt that such a change would only make the area’s popularity skyrocket, and she wondered idly why such a proposal had not been considered before—if she wanted to risk her coin being snatched from her, after all, she would happily traipse into the slums.

“Such children need a close watch placed upon them,” she mused, unaware that she was speaking aloud.

tag: gabriel // image credit: LUCKY LENA ! @ Caution
CREATED BY KAY AT SDS & CAUTION

--------------------

ivana de havilland
Profile · Threads · Wanted!
Interested in Plot Ideas · Open for Threads
Please address all PMs to Odira Browne.

Gabriel de Havilland
Posted: Feb 19 2012, 08:15 AM

Upper Class — Asst. Head of Dept. of International Magical Co-Op

Group: Inactive
Member No.: 353

Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien
Non, Rien de rien - No, nothing of nothing - Non, Je ne regrette rien - No, I don't feel sorry About nothing

Gabriel was getting ready for this day since the Christmas. It was time for him to finally set up his plans toward Ivana Sleptov. He grew quite comfortable around her, finding out that even though they didn’t know each other very well, they had more in common than he expected. She was made from the same clay, which he considered as almost a miracle.

He arrived at the Sleptovs an hour later and after a casual drink with Nikolai and Ivana, Gabriel asked the blonde woman for a walk. It was cold outside, but not too much to keep them locked down in the house. Especially, when he wanted to make an announcement of a great – at least for him – importance and he felt that the presence of Ivana’s brother would be intimating. They were both adults and in that matters they could decide themselves, so Gabriel didn’t feel like he should ask the said brother first.

When he made sure that Ivana is dressed warmly, they set off to the Padmore Park, enjoying silence and admiring the beauty of winter’s landscape. Gabriel caught her expression as the pair of children passed them by, and mused for a while if she didn't like children, but hearing her statement he couldn’t help but chuckle. "I have very little experience with children" the man said and bit his tongue, preventing himself from expressing all of his thoughts. "For my convenience Maxmillian is more a growing adult than a child or even a teenager and my late wife didn’t bless me – sadly – with a child." It was amazing how easily those small lies slipped out from his tongue. He hated children. "However, please forgive me a sudden change of subject. I don’t want this petty matter do disturb your rather jovial mood that you had back in home." Gabriel’s hand lurked into pocket in his coat, fingers wrapped around cold ring, hiding it inside his hand. He put back his fist. "Is this my presence which sooths your mood? Do you feel comfortable with me by your side?"

Template by Emily - Lyrics by Edith Piaf

--------------------
user posted image
♦ PLAYED BY PENNY♦
Ivana Sleptov
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 09:24 PM

Upper Class

She smiled, slightly, at his comment. His brother was all but grown now, and her own nieces were closing in on a similar age—why, Eva would be sixteen in just a matter of days!—ensuring that Ivana, too, had little enough experience with children. This was, of course, her own fault, though such an admission would never be voiced aloud. Even still, she had never particularly wanted them more than a woman wanted shoes or a necklace: they were things one had because it suited, and only on occasion might one become properly attached to them. Nonetheless, she could hardly actively portray such an attitude to the man who, for all intents and purposes, looked to be her last chance at a marriage she would not spend much of her life pretending had never happened—it would hardly do to put him off.

“Someone seems quite sure of himself,” the Russian teased lightly by way of reply, a small laugh accompanying her words. “And what would you do if I said yes, hmm? Assume yourself safe at all times? Begin slacking, perhaps?” To be sure, Gabriel had treated her exceedingly well for the duration of their acquaintance, even before their courtship began. The witch was reluctant, nonetheless, to reassure him on such a matter, less such treatment slip in the wake of such praise—at this point, she had already become accustomed to such treatment, and was unwilling to receive anything less.

Comfortably, she slipped her arm around his own as the pair walked, this stretch of path, at least, mercifully devoid of slum rats.

--------------------

ivana de havilland

Gabriel de Havilland
Posted: Feb 28 2012, 05:14 AM

Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien
Non, Rien de rien - No, nothing of nothing - Non, Je ne regrette rien - No, I don't feel sorry About nothing

A confident, a bit amused smirk appeared on his lips. Ivana was a perfect match to himself – proper, well mannered, with traits that he valued in a women: intelligence, good looking and a sharp tongue. It was soothing that she didn't get on his nerves like any other woman did; like Charlotte did. For a brief moment Gabriel wondered if his late wife was anything alike Ivana maybe he wouldn't have to kill her? He pushed aside those thoughts – it belonged to past and he couldn't have undone it; now he had to focus on the future and everything seemed that it was deeply connected with Ivana. Suddenly, the ring in his fist started to burn his hand.

"Oh, I would never assume myself safe around a lady like you" he opposed with a soft chuckle, his cold blue eyes sent her a short, but amused look. They were walking for some time in silence. It was hard for Gabriel to gather his thoughts and finally say those words, which will close a chapter in his life. It was the end of Gabriel de Havilland, a wealthy widower, who still mourns his deceased wife. It was the time of him being married again.

He stopped their walk and gently turned to stand in front of Ivana. Her fair hair and white skin were beautiful on that time of the day. Gabriel took her hand into his and bowed slightly to kiss her palm, a hand holding the ring still was beside his back. "If you say yes, I would ask if you want to feel that way to the end of your life." The man swallowed, looking into her green eyes. it was the right decision, he tried to convince himself. He couldn't be unwed to the end. People said that he needed an heir. When Maxmillian appeared in his life, at first he thought to make him his heir, but now the things changed. Ivana probably would like to have children like any other woman. "Miss Sleptov, can I ask for your hand? Will you marry me?"

--------------------
user posted image
♦ PLAYED BY PENNY♦
Ivana Sleptov
Posted: Mar 4 2012, 12:54 PM

Upper Class

The pair fell into a comfortable silence as they continued their walk, adjusted enough to each other’s presence not to have to blather on for fear of being perceived as uninteresting. That much was a mercy; Ivana had never been one for idle chit-chat, lest such talk be necessary for her to achieve her goals. That it was not was quite a relaxing feeling. Though it was unlikely she would ever be wholly relaxed in Gabriel’s presence—blood, after all, was the only thing one could trust, a lesson she had learned at the hands of the last man whose arm she had taken—he was still pleasant company.

Mildly confused by the change in pace, the Russian slowed to a stop as Gabriel—rather uncharacteristically, in her limited experience of him—seemed to become...almost sentimental. It was only when the question actually left his lips that she understood the reason for this, and it was all she could do to stop the answer that would no doubt come—yes—from flying off her tongue without giving the matter proper consideration.

His proposal was not a surprise in the grand scheme of things, though Ivana—always so calculating—had not anticipated it today, leaving her quite taken off guard. She knew well that if she were to refuse him, she would likely spiral into what the village would perceive as spinsterdom, particularly when she had already been betrothed before—the witch had little value on the market at this point, a fact she detested and denied every bit as much as she knew it was true. Still, it would not do to accept him too hastily—not only for appearance’s sake, but because, for all her musings on the subject, Ivy was still not certain that a marriage to this man was something that she wanted. It certainly was not any failing on his part: Gabriel was charming, handsome, good company, well-connected, and pureblooded (though with a halfblooded brother she was no blood purist by any stretch the Russian was well aware that, should she have children, they would be easier to connect to other families if their own bloodlines were unblemished). Alexei, however, had also seemed ideal—perhaps more so than the man before her now—and that had not progressed desirably.

A lengthy silence grew between them, the witch looking at the man before her but seeing nothing as she toyed with the idea of becoming his wife. For all that the thought was not a new one, for all that it had become her goal, it seemed to her now like she had never even considered the possibility. A moment later, and then, “I trust you have approached my brother in this matter?” Of course he hadn’t. Ivana was as little her brother’s possession as it was possible for a woman to be, and Mr. de Havilland knew well that regardless of Nikolai’s thoughts on the matter, she would do as she pleased. Still, as a stalling tactic, the question had its purposes.

--------------------

ivana de havilland

Gabriel de Havilland
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 02:47 PM

Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien

The silence after his question extended. Gabriel waited patiently for her answer, however he knew that the answer could be only one. The man expected that she will agree on this proposition. After, all de Havilland was wealthy, influential and – as many women told him – handsome. What else could she expect from a suitor? For sure she was on the market far too long to dwell too much upon this. Gabriel understood as well that he might have caught her off guard with his question and she may try and gain some time to not show how easily he got her hand.

Her question caught him off guard as well as he caught her. For a brief moment he felt that annoyance raised inside him, but he kept up with neutral expression on his face. The question had its reasons. She knew well enough that Gabriel didn't approach Nikolai in that matter. He hardly mentioned it during those few conversations with him, which were held without her presence. "I didn't ask Nikolai for permission." Gabriel admitted. "You are old enough to know what you want from life and to have your own opinions. He wouldn't be objective, because he wants only good for you." He took a deep breath and looked into her eyes, holding his gaze for a few long moments. "[b]"Will I live with you or with your brother?" Gabriel finally asked, letting her hand go. This question didn't need to be answered. It was far too obvious what he meant by it. It wasn't Mr Sleptov's decision, it was her decision whether to accept him or not.

There was a possibility that Ivana was so attached to all forms of etiquette that she may consider his lack of brother's permission as inappropriate. To save face he quickly decided to touch topics that she – as a grown woman – couldn't ignore. "Ivana, my dear" he started softly. "Just think of it. I offer you a fine house, safety in the future. Your own family."

--------------------
user posted image
♦ PLAYED BY PENNY♦
Ivana Sleptov
Posted: Mar 22 2012, 04:22 PM

Upper Class

That much was not at all unexpected; no one with half a brain in their head would think that Nikolai’s opinion mattered under such circumstances. Ivana was a willful woman, and not a young one; she got her way, and her way would, eventually, require marriage. She would have felt almost insulted if Nikolai’s opinion had been the one Gabriel had sought first; she had felt as if a piece of chattel once before, and Ivy was not at all inclined to repeat the process. The logic behind his argument, however, did not mean that she was not equally insulted by his words.

The Russian knew she had no choice—well, a poor choice between marriage and spinsterdom—before her, but nonetheless did not particularly like how patronizing his words sounded to her; what little choice remained before her, it seemed as if her potential fiancé seemed keen to take choice from the equation. Regardless of her choice, she would have a fine house, safety. Had she truly wanted her own family, she would not have made her choices in the past—and still he stood before her, using scare tactics to wheedle an acceptance from her lips. True, the rational part of her knew, it was unlikely he saw them as anything more than pointing out the obvious—even coaxing her into the idea. No, as far as Ivana was concerned, it came off as impossibly controlling, and thus, abhorrent.

And she still had no option in the matter.

When she settled down, the witch would not regret her words in the least. After all, she had made up her mind some time ago to marry him; his presence was a comfortable one, and their life would hardly be destitute. Her temper, however, was a not an easy creature to lull to sleep, and so it was almost grudgingly that the witch offered, “You know I must accept, Gabriel.”

She seldom used his first name—perhaps only once or twice prior—so her companion (her fiancé) could be sure that her words were not issued likely. Still, it was with a feeling of reluctance that the Russian realized that it had not been on her terms, as she might have liked. She offered a small smile to her husband-to-be, reassurance, and chastised herself mentally for being so churlish. For all intents and purposes, after all, Ivy had won: she had beaten the odds and found a husband regardless of her name, all while keeping her less-than-admirable secrets from the public light. She had even found a husband of whom she was reasonably fond. What more could she ask for?

--------------------

ivana de havilland

Gabriel de Havilland
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 12:33 AM

Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien
Non, Rien de rien - No, nothing of nothing - Non, Je ne regrette rien - No, I don't feel sorry About nothing Sound of his own name falling from her lips caused a strange sensation in his body. There was some kind of relief, something in his stomach flipped and suddenly he felt very lightheaded. Gabriel smiled to her and took her hand gently, his fingers caressing hers lightly through fabric of gloves. "I think you have to" he whispered gently, looking into her eyes. "If you change your mind, you can always step back." He declared with ease. At last he withdrew another hand in which he hid the engagement ring. Something that Gabriel prepared especially for her. Even though it wasn't gold (as much as he loved his money, the man wasn't too fond of golden jewellery), it was a beautiful piece: big diamond surrounded by sapphires and small diamonds. It was a simple ring, but Gabriel liked expensive simplicity.

A bit hesitant, he slipped the ring on Ivana's finger and bowed to kiss her hand. He was smiling, but through his head floated millions of thoughts. He wasn't sure if his future bride was just like she presented herself or he was going to go through the same hell as he went with Charlotte. Also, there were many subjects (like children) that he wouldn't like to touch. At last there was Maxmillian, his brother. Gabriel looked into the boy's future with some kind of fear, seeing that he had nothing. Mother didn't give him anything, father – drunkard and gambler – left nothing but debts. It was a difficult situation, but Max seemed to be unaware of what all of this meant.

De Havilland took a deep breath, pushing thoughts away. They have much time between engagement and wedding to sort some things out. It was easier not to worry about this right now. Slowly and gently he raised his hand and touched her warm cheek, stroking skin carefully. He hoped she didn't mind this small gesture. He didn't know what to say more. "I hope that the ring meets your tastes" he said.

--------------------
user posted image
♦ PLAYED BY PENNY♦
Ivana Sleptov
Posted: May 17 2012, 10:47 AM

Upper Class

Change her mind. Pfft. As if that was likely; she would not have persued the arrangement even this far had she not been certain. If she changed her mind, Ivana certainly had no intention of doing so in any way that might make her life difficult—instead of stepping back, she would step forward, with a knife in her hand. Not that, of course, she expected to do so; that would have been rather dark of her indeed.

As he returned her hand to her, the Russian looked the ring over with scrutiny. It was beautifully crafted, plainly not inexpensive, and suited her entirely. This boded well; if nothing else, Gabriel was more than able to pick out gifts that suited her tastes. “It most certainly does,” Ivana offered appreciatively, her words sincere. In truth, this whole occasion was a measure of sentimentality that she had not expected from him; though the witch did not think she minded it, it was strange to her nonetheless.

“I suppose I should inform my brother,” she mused as she moved to continue their stroll. “No doubt talks of dates and the like will need to be had.” The practical arrangements surrounding their union. Just because she liked the sentimentality did not mean that Ivy was inclined to let it run rampant.

OOC | This post is absolute garbage; I apologise xD

--------------------

ivana de havilland

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free

» Options » Reply » New Topic

• Affiliates
  • Topsites
Affiliates

Aeterna Roma  The Vow

Keep the Magic Secret Distant Fantasies 

Priori Incantatem Forsilvra: An Original Fantasy RPG HOS The Beginning HG Rayven's Reign: A  Fantasy Roleplaying Forum

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2044 seconds | Archive