Index  ·   Newbie Guide  ·   Helpful Links  ·   Character Master List  ·   Search  ·   Members  ·   Staff  ·   Cbox
Welcome to Charming!
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

· CALENDAR ·
July 1883

4: 12: 19: 26:
S M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
· CURRENT EVENTS ·
M.D
EVENT
07.01 07.21 QWC: France vs. Japan
07.01 07.15 Student Staff Applications
07.10 Thread Roulette
07.13 Maroc's Greek Mythology Costume Ball
07.31 Student Staff Announced
07.01 07.31 July Writing Challenge
07.01 07.31 Posting Wizard of the Month
· NEWS ·
07.25 @ 10:07am
Reminder: Posting and new registration abilities will be turned OFF tomorrow 07/26 at 6pm CST as we begin the moving process. The cbox will still work - you can check there for updates or our tumblr.

07.23 @ 6:13pm
In preparation for the move, all active Coming Out Ball threads have been moved to The Past forum.

07.21 @ 12:07pm
Just a reminder that we are moving in 5 days! If this is news to you, read up on it here! Posting Wizard signups for August are now open!

07.15 @ 11:19pm
The deactivations for the July activity check have been completed with list cleanup underway; for reactivations, please post in Maintenence.

07.10 @ 10:25am
This month's thread roulette pairings have been posted!

07.07 @ 11:54am
Check out our latest newsletter for some big news!

07.01 @ 9:28am
We are now in the month of July. Congrats to Beanie and Lauren, who won posting wizard of June with 82 and 132 posts respectively!

» Reply » New Topic

»  you hold your head so high, private
Devon Etter
Posted: Feb 13 2012, 03:38 PM

Lower Class — Owner of the Hog's Head, Head of Thieves Guild
Group Icon

Group: Hogsmeade
Member No.: 657

The clientele of the Hog's Head wasn't exactly consisting of the most prominent people of Hogsmeade, except for the minister of magic who sometimes popped by, but Devon did not mind any sort of shady customers as long as they paid the bills. Of course, the pub was just a cover for what she really did. When she came here, she was just a girl who worked for the Thieves Guild. Now, thanks to her cover, she became the English Head of the guild at the age of 23. Of course, she didn't only deal with the tasks that would be good for the guild, she took various jobs that appealed to her.

The last one was particularly difficult and potentially risky. Her client wanted her to get him a dragon egg. He offered her a substantial amount of money for finding a breed of dragon that he can keep in his basement. It had to be small enough, but not miniature. It surprised the blonde how people could act so irresponsibly at times. Having a dragon was not only illegal, but also dangerous. However, it wasn't something for her to question. She got a huge amount of money as an advance and that was all she cared about.

In order to get the right breed, she needed the right kind of information. Luckily, there was one Scottish clan that specialized with dragons and there was one member in particular that liked to share information. Especially when he visited the pub for a couple of drinks. Hamish MacFusty. She had a few chats with him before. He really seemed to like “Dionne”. They had a few interesting conversations before and he seemed to like her, just as much as she liked listening to his stories. He had a way of telling them that could interest everyone.

Making sure that Hamish will be there that day, Devon prepared herself for his “visit” in the pub. She put on one of her best winter dresses and put her hair in a nice bun that showed off her long neck. Upon seeing him enter, the blonde smiled and made sure that the bartender poured him his favorite drink. Taking it to his place of sitting, she put it on the table before him. ”It's on me. So about which dragon I am going to hear today? She asked, smiling as her eyes sparkled with excitement.

tag: Hammy, the outfit: here

template by Emily

--------------------
While Devon has been born as a female, everyone thinks that the Hog's Head is owned by a man named Devon Etter and his sister Dionne. This means that unless I refer to Dev in the post as Dionne, your character thinks she is a man.

user posted image

user posted image
Hamish MacFusty
Posted: Feb 14 2012, 07:29 PM

Upper Class — Dragonkeeper
Group Icon

Group: Elsewhere
Member No.: 887

Hamish had so far had a very interesting day in Hogsmeade. He'd seen Vina, Rab and Mungo for a hot minute, each of them distracted for some reason or another. His walk in the park had not turned out quite like the phrase intended, but he was rather intrigued by the young lady that he met there. Being far too interested in her for his own good, purely platonic at this point, but her continual sour puss was hard for him to handle. Surely the expression was meant to put him out, but Hamish was not so easily swayed.

Giving up for the afternoon, though he intended to pursue Rose a bit further, if just to annoy her, Hammy headed to the Hog's Head. He had some time before meeting his school mates for drinks, but that didn't mean he couldn't hang around the pub and either annoy people, tell a story or chat up Miss Etter. He enjoyed telling her stories and she always magically had an endless supply of drinks for him.

As soon as he entered, taking a seat at the bar, Hamish found himself greeted by his favorite blonde. "Well aren't you a sight for sore eyes?" He grinned, accepting her drink and her company. She was easy on the eyes no doubt, she had that edge to her that Hammy liked in his lady friends. The MacFusty boys did not typically like their women demure and quiet and Hamish especially liked them with a bit of sass to them.

Laughing at her introduction, he leaned against the bar comfortably. "Well let's see, my immature female is shedding, so it's like she's on her monthlies and extremely irritable." He chuckled, knowing he couldn't get away with that in most company. "Typical female. She tried to take my foot off the other day when I went it with a salve for it." Hammy was too quick for that, thankfully, but Caylith had not been this grumpy in quite some time. "How's things been here in good old Hogsmeade?" Hamish took a sip of his firewhiskey, letting out a satisfying "Ahh." Afterward. There was nothing like a good whiskey to warm you up on a cold day.

--------------------
#macfusty problems
user posted image
PLAYED BY BEE | PROFILEPOST LOG | SET BY BEE
user posted image user posted image
Devon Etter
Posted: Mar 4 2012, 05:42 PM

Group Icon

Devon really liked the MacFusty's. They were different than all of those stiff upper class people that despised her when she was still a girl of a lower class. She remembered those terrible words she heard, those awful looks she got... They always thought themselves better than those like her. Now, she proved them wrong. They came to her, because their pretty, polished buttocks couldn't fulfill all of their dreams. She took their money, very often much more than she needed to complete the task, in exchange for her services. Her gift became useful another time in her life.

She assumed a new identity – a male one. It was hard to maintain both of them, but she had to do it. So she was both Devon and Dionne – fraternal twins to explain why are they so similar. Those two alter-egos had different purposes and interacted with different people. Devon was the face she did business with, Dionne was the one she used to make new contacts like Hamish MacFusty. He seemed to have a certain fondness for the girl she pretended to be and she soon found it's hard not to be herself around him.

This man might have been a little crazy and certainly not the most serious of all, but that's why she liked him so much. Spending time with him was just enjoyable and it was easy to forget herself and her purpose around him. His easy-going nature was sometimes perhaps too easy for her sake.

”You're not too bad yourself.” She grinned in response to his greeting. ”Just what a girl needs after a hard day of work” Devon, or rather Dionne, added flirtatiously. Polishing a glass, she listened to him talking about his dragon like it was a part of his family, not an animal.

” Maybe you just don't know how to handle a real woman, huh?” The blonde teased him, allowing a lock of her hair to slip out of the bun. ”Hogsmeade hasn't really changed since your last visit. My brother is out of town in business, so I have my hands full. It's boring comparing to your stories, though.” She said pouring more firewhiskey onto his glass as he emptied it. It was easier to get information from a man when he was tipsy.

”So what breed is Caylith? Is she one of those big dragons or those little ones you can put in your pocket? Do those miniature dragons exist at all? My brother says they don't, but you're the expert here.” She ended with a flattery. Yes, the new mistress of the Thieves Guild in England was certainly good in that game.

template by Emily

--------------------
While Devon has been born as a female, everyone thinks that the Hog's Head is owned by a man named Devon Etter and his sister Dionne. This means that unless I refer to Dev in the post as Dionne, your character thinks she is a man.

user posted image

user posted image
Hamish MacFusty
Posted: Mar 6 2012, 07:43 PM

Group Icon

The firewhiskey slid so nicely down his throat that he hardly noticed as she poured him another, though he was certainly glad. This interaction with a lady was much more preferred, easy going, fun, the polar opposite of his encounter with Rose in the park. He'd been intrigued, which always got him in trouble, and this time was no different.

Sitting here with Dionne, however, was much more desirable. She flirted and enjoyed his stories, and kept the liquor flowing, what more could a guy ask for? "Oh I know how to handle my women." He winked at her over the rim of his glass. He enjoyed the double meaning in that phrase, though chose to continue in the direction of his dragon. "Nah, I know my girl, she's growing, because she eats so damn much, that she's shedding and it's itchy." He laughed at the thought. Caylith had always been above average size for a Hebridean Black, in the highest percentile for length and height. She was by no means fat either, she was very well proportioned, just huge.

"Hebridean Blacks, we have... several of them now." He knew that the number shouldn't be so hard for him to come up with, but it wasn't his job to keep track of that. Well, it kind of was, but he figured he was really only responsible for Caylith. Outside that, he kept the family records and stories. "She's a huge beast," He laughed. Those mini dragons were a myth, or at least as much as he could tell. He'd never run across them in his travels yet anyway. "As adorable as those supposed mini dragons are, I can't say that I've ever really run into one. Though your Common Welsh Greens are considerably smaller than most. Well smaller than ours." The Greens were on the smaller side for most dragons, which was part of the reason they were so docile.

"Well I'm in town for a little while, hopefully I can spice things up for ya a little bit, cause a bar fight, you know." He chuckled, knowing that was probably the last thing she wanted, but he liked teasing her. The witty banter with a woman was half of the fun. If she couldn't keep up with the conversation it wasn't worth it. Yes, Dionne's company was much more his style and to his liking. Rose had perplexed him, but the blonde in front of him was captivating in her own right. There was something a bit mysterious about her that always had him coming back for more. Hammy liked a little mystery in his day, kept things flowing and interesting. "Local dragon expert at your service," He laughed, setting his glass back down on the bar after taking another long sip. "She's been a right nightmare lately, flying off in in the middle of the night to her lake for a bath, keeping tabs on her has not been easy." Hamish loved talking about his dragons and dragons in general. He would tell just about anybody about them if they were willing to listen for a while; he was a professional storyteller after all.

--------------------
#macfusty problems
user posted image
Devon Etter
Posted: Apr 2 2012, 04:34 PM

Group Icon

That was much easier than Devon had anticipated. Getting Hamish drunk was never a hard task, that's why she decided to use him to her purposes. He and Mac, his brother, were regulars here and probably one of the easiest ones to get secrets out of when they are drunk. Especially when they weren't suspecting anything. Poor Hammy fell under the beautiful blonde woman's charms. It made her happy, because she spent so much time in her male form she was afraid she might forget how to use her beauty as a woman to get what she wants.

This conversation reassured her she did not forget at all. Or Hamish was really easy to persuade by a female. One of those. Or both. He was just an easy person and Devon liked that. Especially if she needed information, which he gladly provided without even knowing.

She laughed at his wink and comment he knows how to handle his women. She leaned towards him more, leaving the glass somewhere outside her reach.

”Or do you?” She said, making sure her breath caresses his skin delicately, before pulling back in. After that short comment, he returned to his stories. ”Right, never let a woman eat too much.” This time it was her that sent that meaningful wink, before replying to his next statement:
”Oh, that's probably good they don't exist, or anyone would want a pet dragon.” The woman continued cheerfully, openly showing her interest in his stories. Of course, he thought that what he's telling are just innocent words, stories she doesn't have any use to. He was wrong, but she would never tell him that. ”Oh, that's right. I heard that the Common Welsh Green's are more subdued than other dragons.... Eh, I would love to see any dragon up close. You're so lucky.” She said, with a heavy sigh. If all went well, he'd take her just when she needed. If she kept him drunk, that is.

”You can spice things up in other ways than causing a bar fight. Dragon scars are alluring, but bar fight scars are not.” she teased him back, playing the game as old as time. ”You're really attached to her. You're talking about her like it's your baby. It's so sweet.” Dev smiled. Truly this time, not that he was able to tell a difference. No one was..

template by Emily

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image
Hamish MacFusty
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 06:11 PM

Group Icon

"Not too close." Hamish chuckled, mostly to himself, feeling the whiskey flowing through his veins. No, unless you were trained, or just plain crazy, getting up in a dragon's personal space was never a good idea. No, not at all. He knew first hand what it was like. Some of his siblings knew even better, which was scary considering most of them were younger than he was. Of course, working with dragons was never a particularly safe occupation.

Smirking, Hamish thought of a brilliant idea. "I can get you close to a dragon you know. Safely too." He grinned roguishly at her. He definitely wouldn't mind showing Caylith to Dionne and with any luck she'd be glued to him the whole time. It was a far-fetched, drunken thought, but hey, a guy could dream, no?

"Yeah," Hammy shrugged at her mention of how he spoke about his dragon. She was a right pain in the arse most of the time, but he did think of her like a child. She was only a juvenile anyway, so she was still, technically a child, but it was hard to consider something that large, a toddler. He had long ago given up on working with the toddling dragons, they were too much work. Caylith, though she had been his during those years, was relatively easy compared to some the youngin's his siblings worked with it. Hammy supposed he really couldn't complain anyway, he only had one to look after. Fortunately for him, his roll as clan storytelling and partial record keeper, kept him from having to keep and eye on more than one dragon at a time. "She's my widdle baby... that could eat me if she wanted to." He joked, though there was an ironic truth to it. If she ever got pissed enough, she'd just up and eat him anyway.

Laughing again at her mention of dragon scars versus bar scars Hamish would readily admit that he preferred the bar variety. They were often less damage and took less time to heal. The one Caylith had given him in the fall still ached. Of course it ran from his hip to halfway down his calf. She had gotten him good that time and nothing superficial either. He was lucky she hadn't ripped his muscle right off. Cranky, menstrual dragons. "I can assure you, the bar scars are better." Just barely resisting the urge to pull up his pant leg, he remembered he was in public. "But hopefully I won't be earning either kind in the next few hours or so."

--------------------
#macfusty problems
user posted image
Devon Etter
Posted: May 9 2012, 05:27 PM

Group Icon

Devon was glad the things went so smoothly. It was a piece of cake to get Hammy drunk and apparently he was quite the charmer when he had a couple of drinks. Or at least he thought he was. Unknowingly he fed the young woman with all the information she needed. With that sassy mouth of his, he could easily write stories about the dragons he and the rest of the family took care of. All it took was to have a steady supply of firewhisky and he could probably talk and talk for hours. Not that she complained, really. It made her job a whole lot easier.

When he chuckled, she laughed with him, but it did not seem like a force laughter that some women forced out of themselves to make men feel better. Devon knew how to make it sound real and attractive enough that he would go for it. It wasn't easy, but she had years of practice. Being in a thieves guild required a lot of skill from her. Various skills. It was strange that with the amount of men she had wrapped around her finger ever since she started her work, she was still a virgin. Then again, she never really regretted that. It made it easier to pretend to be an upper class woman. At least for her.

”Of course, I don't have a death wish and I am not a silly gal.” She winked friendly. When he said he can get her to a dragon, she had to stop herself from grinning. That was exactly what she needed and if she played it right, she would get what she wanted if not more. Oh, how easy it was to surprise the man. Few glasses of alcohol, nice talk and here he was, handing her everything on a silver platter. ”You could? That would be amazing! Oh, I don't know how will I ever repay you!” She said with excitement. He would probably want to sleep with her, but he won't get to her pants that easy, oh no. Not that he knew it, though, because otherwise the deal would probably be off.

”That's a baby that surely requires attention. I think I'll stay with my dog. No pet dragon for me!” She laughed charmingly. ”Oh, Hammy, Hammy. You have no idea what you just got yourself into.” She thought and nodded her head at his last statement. ”Good, because I don't want my bar to be destroyed neither by you nor by a dragon.” Devon said polishing a glass she had in her hand. This was certainly getting more fun every minute.

template by Emily

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image
Hamish MacFusty
Posted: May 10 2012, 03:53 PM

Group Icon

Polishing off another glass of whiskey, he pushed the glass away; a universal sign of defeat. While he enjoyed the buzz brought on by the alcohol, he was a pretty responsible drinker most of the time, and he'd have to get himself home sometime today, preferably sooner rather than after he sobered up. Apparating while drunk was never a good idea, splinching was inevitable and highly unwanted.

Grinning at her apparent enthusiasm at getting to see the dragons, Hammy wondered what he was doing, volunteering to take her near his cranky, moody dragon. He supposed it would be fine, as long as his mother didn't catch him, though she'd probably assume he was sneaking around in... compromising situations. Grizz knew her children far too well. Then again Hamish was a sneaky bastard when he wanted to be. "Nah, won't be breaking anything today, just a few hearts here and there." He joked, laughing loudly at his own joke. Drinking made Hamish even louder than he was normally, which could get annoying, fast and unfortunately, he had little control over it.

Taking a long glance at Dionne, he shook his head after a moment; she was a good-looking girl and he was easily distracted by pretty things. "I mean you won't see Cay on her best behavior," He teased on a chuckle. "But I think you'll get the idea. They're magnificent creatures, they really are." Ham was very used to them by now, but he always liked to see a person's first reaction to seeing a dragon live, in person. It was always a mix of shock and awe that he enjoyed describing now and again. He often included those kinds of details in his stories, especially the dragon ones and it was much easier to tell people about when he had a clear mental image in mind. He was fairly positive that Dionne wouldn't disappoint him in that respect either.

"Can't let Ma catch us though," He warned, momentarily serious, though he was entirely kidding. "Not exactly supposed to bring er, friends around to see the dragons." He shrugged, laughing again to show his jest. "But I thin I can sneak ya in." He winked at her, the alcohol clearly taking over his manners.

--------------------
#macfusty problems
user posted image
Devon Etter
Posted: Jun 4 2012, 05:13 PM

Group Icon

There were some truly admirable qualities in Hamish MacFusty, even if he wasn't the most intelligent or observant of people. He was adorable, at times, when he lost his attitude and stop trying to hit on her. She liked him better that way. Something between drunk and sober. That combined with the fact he somehow trusted her, created a perfect state for getting information out of him. The man didn't even suspect her motives weren't pure. He just caught the bait she threw. Devon liked that metaphor. She was a fisherman and he was a fish. Oh, and what a big fish he was...

”And here I thought I will be the one whose heart you will be breaking today, big guy” She winked. “Another drink or are you done for the night? You know, there are a lot of rooms here, you can always use one.” She offered with what seemed to be a sincere smile. In reality her motives weren't quite so pure. If he stayed longer, drank more, she would get a chance to get more out of him. Also, if he took a room, she would have been able to search his things while he was asleep.

Yes, Devon always had it all planned out. She had to – she was the head of the Thieves Guild in England after all. It was in her job description. Well... kind of. Sure, she could easily leave the job and just run her bar, but she actually liked it. Not to mention, she had an excuse to help kids like Grip or Sheridan, which was really important to her. However, her job as a thief was always her priority and so she decided to keep playing that game with Hammy.
”Well of course, I don't want to meet the famous Ma MacFusty like that. She is a living legend. Also, I think one angry woman is enough for you to deal with for the day” The blonde grinned. Oh, how easy it was to play him...

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image
Hamish MacFusty
Posted: Jun 6 2012, 06:53 PM

Group Icon

Oh didn't a few more drinks and a room sound like a plan. He most unfortunately was pretty sure he'd be sleeping alone.... which was not quite as appealing. No, he'd had enough to drink for now, he as meeting his mates for a guys night of poker and it wouldn't be very good to show up already drunk. He intended to win some money that night and for that to happen had to be awake.

"So tempting Cherie, but I've got a prior engagement this evening." He teased her. It wasn't how he made t sound, but she didn't need to know that. Ham liked to tease his lady friends whenever possible. Then again this one in particular had been rather good to him this afternoon. "What can I say, I'm a heart breaker." Hammy may have been, but most likely only in his own mind. Being a shameless flirt, did not always get him what he wanted in the end. Not that he was looking for anything particularly scandalous, but hey, he was a man. A man approaching thirty, it was time to start settling down, or at least that was what his mother kept telling him.

"Mmmm." He mused aloud at her mention of his mother. No, no visitors to the isles to night he was thinking. Where the Grizz was concerned, propriety had to take a front seat. She would have to have some notice of a visitor, go through the appropriate avenues. "A visit might be much better on Ma's terms, now that I think about it." He said, voicing his previous thoughts. "She'd like yeh to visit though, I'm sure." At least, he thought so.

Having given the liquor to get through his system a bit, he checked his pocket watch. "Well, M'dear, time for me to head out for the evening. Thanks for the lovely chat and the whiskey." He left some money on the bar, a tip for the bartender. "Always a pleasure to see yeh Miss Etter." He gave her a cheeky little bow after standing. It made his head swim a little bit, but all the more reason to head out now. If he lingered he'd be too easily swayed to stay even longer.

--------------------
#macfusty problems
user posted image
Devon Etter
Posted: Jun 11 2012, 03:46 PM

Group Icon

Devon had a soft spot for people like Grip, Desirae or Sheridan. All of them reminded her of how she was when she was their age. A poor girl, left on the streets to fend for herself. If it wasn't for her master in the Thieve's Guild, she wouldn't be there anymore. Dev knew what it means to have nowhere to go and be left with nothing, but the clothes you wear. She felt sorry for the kids she saw and her heart reached out to them, especially if they had no idea what to do about themselves.

Somehow, even though Hamish was not a kid, she developed a soft spot for him too. The woman had no idea how he managed to charm her. It was supposed to be a job, an easy job. Fast and simple, but she started to actually like him and enjoy him being around. Truth be told, when he left, she felt a bit sad. Why? Well, it was a secret even to her.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

» Options » Reply » New Topic

• Affiliates
  • Topsites
Affiliates

Aeterna Roma  The Vow

Keep the Magic Secret Distant Fantasies 

Priori Incantatem Forsilvra: An Original Fantasy RPG HOS The Beginning HG Rayven's Reign: A  Fantasy Roleplaying Forum

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.6904 seconds | Archive