Index  ·   Newbie Guide  ·   Helpful Links  ·   Character Master List  ·   Search  ·   Members  ·   Staff  ·   Cbox
Welcome to Charming!
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now

· CALENDAR ·
July 1883

4: 12: 19: 26:
S M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
· CURRENT EVENTS ·
M.D
EVENT
07.01 07.21 QWC: France vs. Japan
07.01 07.15 Student Staff Applications
07.10 Thread Roulette
07.13 Maroc's Greek Mythology Costume Ball
07.31 Student Staff Announced
07.01 07.31 July Writing Challenge
07.01 07.31 Posting Wizard of the Month
· NEWS ·
07.25 @ 10:07am
Reminder: Posting and new registration abilities will be turned OFF tomorrow 07/26 at 6pm CST as we begin the moving process. The cbox will still work - you can check there for updates or our tumblr.

07.23 @ 6:13pm
In preparation for the move, all active Coming Out Ball threads have been moved to The Past forum.

07.21 @ 12:07pm
Just a reminder that we are moving in 5 days! If this is news to you, read up on it here! Posting Wizard signups for August are now open!

07.15 @ 11:19pm
The deactivations for the July activity check have been completed with list cleanup underway; for reactivations, please post in Maintenence.

07.10 @ 10:25am
This month's thread roulette pairings have been posted!

07.07 @ 11:54am
Check out our latest newsletter for some big news!

07.01 @ 9:28am
We are now in the month of July. Congrats to Beanie and Lauren, who won posting wizard of June with 82 and 132 posts respectively!

» Reply » New Topic

»  tight grip on reality, open
Andren Lovegood
Posted: Nov 27 2011, 12:54 PM

Upper Class — Fifth Year, Beater
Group Icon

Group: Hufflepuff
Member No.: 433

for the sake of an angel
ooc: set for yesterday

Six hours before Andren had been munching nervously on breakfast, waiting for the game to start. Some quidditch players found themselves incapable of eating before a game; Andren felt himself stuffing food in his mouth robotically, probably because he didn't want to talk about the game before it. It was bad enough that he had to listen to people talking about the match.

Then they had tromped outside in Quidditch gear to play. The captains had shook hands, the balls were released, and the game had commenced. Andren made a point of paying attention only to where to fire the bludger, and fire he had; both at the Gryffindor players and away from some of his own. He had played well; not as well as he would like to, that was impossible, but well.

They had still lost, Andren wasn't sure by how much. He retreated back to the common room still in his Quidditch robes, broomstick under his arm. He locked the broom in his trunk when he arrived, but remained in his Quidditch uniform simply because he felt too crestfallen to change into real clothes.

The tone in the mostly unpopulated- he had run up the stairs two at a time after the end of the game- common room was somber. Not meeting the eyes of any of the people in it, Andren flopped into a plush chair, head resting against the arm, where he didn't have to see his disappointed housemates as he gingerly curled his legs under his body.

tag: any | outfit: hufflepuff quidditch uniform | notes: O_o
made by Emily exclusively for Charming

--------------------
user posted image

PLAYED BY BEANIE | PROFILE | POST LOG
user posted image
Ceridwyn Bordeaux
Posted: Dec 5 2011, 07:28 PM

Middle Class — Fifth Year

Group: Inactive
Member No.: 730

you're my darling angel
GIRL, YOU'RE MY FRIEND WHEN I'M IN NEED, LADY
YEAH, SO CERI IS TOTALLY FREAKING OUT INTERNALLY RIGHT NOW XD
It was really unfortunate, apparently, that Ceri never went to Quidditch games and the only one she happened to go to was one where they lost. She had a relatively good time, at least better than she thought she would have watching a game she hardly understood. It was more the excitement and seeing all of the house pride that Ceri enjoyed. She felt bad that her friends had to keep answering her questions. Which is the seeker? Oh, it’s a person not a ball? What’s the bulldozer’s job? Oh, bludger? I’m sorry! Luckily for Ceri, she had some of the world’s greatest friends who didn’t mind dealing with her crazy questions. They laughed and enjoyed hot cocoa that didn’t get cold and just had an overall good time. Ceri enjoyed spending time with her friends, and she was relearning how to enjoy life since her father’s death.

Ceri had gone back into the Hufflepuff common room with the rush of other students and had immediately pulled herself from the crowd to go to her dorm room. None of her other roommates were there yet, as they had gotten separated from each other with the waves of people leaving the stadium, but Ceri didn’t mind too much. She enjoyed alone time as much as the time she spent with her friends.

Ceri de-robed, taking her long winter coat, mittens and hat off before unraveling her yellow and black Hufflepuff scarf. She sat cross-legged on her bed and pulled a picture frame off of her bedside table. It was a picture of her and her father the Christmas before he died. Despite how sad it made her, the picture often brought back happy memories, and made Ceri wish she could sail again. It had been something she had done with her father, and something she loved and enjoyed. She honestly felt as though she would be disgracing his memory if she took up the sport with anyone else. Maybe someday she would meet someone that her father would approve of that she could introduce to sailing. Or, perhaps he’d even already know all about sailing!

When the door flew open and her other roommates came in, chattering away, Ceri’s cheeks flushed a brilliant crimson red. She hardly spent time thinking about boys, as there were so many other things that warranted her time, and even though they had no way of knowing what it was that she was thinking, she could still feel her cheeks become hot. Ceri brushed off their questions and told them it was merely from the cold and that she was fine. They laughed for a few minutes about the quidditch game and decided that they would absolutely win the next one before Ceri excused herself and slid out of her dorm.

She wandered down to the common room, where there were a few people lazing about. She noticed one blonde haired boy in particular, Andren Lovegood, curled up on one of the overstuffed armchairs. She knew he played for their house quidditch team, but she wasn’t sure which position. Ceri wasn’t certain of which were balls and which were positions, so she had never even bothered trying to figure out which he played. The two had been decent friends before her father died and she holed up away from everyone, so one would assume that naturally she understood quidditch since he loved it so much, but they had always had other things to talk about. Feeling the effects of hanging out with good friends still coursing through her veins, Ceri nearly floated into the common room.

Andren looked as though he was going to cry. That was unfortunate, and Ceri could only guess it was because of the outcome of the quidditch game. “Hey,” she said softly, taking up residence at the end of the couch that was nearest to his chair. “Why so glum?” Ceri could feel the blood filling in her cheeks again and she willed it away. She had loved Andren for a long time, but she had never admitted it to herself until this year. There were more important and pressing matters to attend to. She had time to worry about boys and getting married. Right now was her time to do well in school and focus on her grades in order to do something with her life when she graduated. She didn’t have to ever have to rely on anyone for anything.

746 words for beanie !

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Andren Lovegood
Posted: Dec 5 2011, 07:57 PM

Group Icon

for the sake of an angel
It took Andren a second to realize that the voice was talking to him. Instead of reacting instantly like he usually did, he just raised his head a little bit and stared at Ceri for a few moments. She didn't seem too dissapointed, but from what he remembered from back when they were friends she didn't really like or understand Quidditch. A part of him wondered how Ceri had shut down from losing just her dad while he had survived his parent's death somewhat easily. Then he remembered Alice's reaction, and how for months after they had died he had sleepwalked and woken up on the floor in or outside one of his sibling's bedrooms. He didn't blame Ceri too much.

"Hey," he said, blinking at her. "And glum? Who? Me?" He gave a breathless wisp of a laugh. "Haven't seen you in a while," he said. This was meant as a distraction, but it was also true. He hadn't seen Ceri- not really, although they had passed each other in the hallway and been in classes together -since her father had died. What was that, the end of second year? If he was remembering it right, it was. He had been grieving at the same time, and had to admit that he hadn't been much of a good friend because he was too busy caught up in his own issues with his siblings and with the death of their parents.

Whatever. So he hadn't been much of a good friend, or a good fellow Hufflepuff, because of his own family. Too bad. Ceri was obviously both a better 'Puff and friend than him that she was dealing with his crap today despite his whining, so he suddenly gave her a very small smile from just above his arm, hoping to make up for the year-and-a-bit of neglect.

tag: ceri | outfit: hufflepuff quidditch uniform | notes: O_o

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
Ceridwyn Bordeaux
Posted: Dec 7 2011, 05:32 PM

you're my darling angel
More than anything, Ceri hated when she could hear her heart beating. It meant that she was nervous. The only times she ever heard her heart pounding in her ears was when she was nervous or anxious about something. Sitting there, trying to be casual with Andren, Ceri’s heart was pumping through her ears. The fact she could hear it so loudly and so clearly made Ceri wonder and worry- could other people hear her heart beating as she could? Her cheeks flushed a darker red at the thought and she could feel every part of her face all the way up to the tips of her ears turn a brilliant shade of red when he looked up at her with his sad, puppy dog eyes. Oh Merlin, she couldn’t help but melt when he looked at her that way. Some days Ceri wished that she and the blonde haired boy had never become friends. It would have made life so much easier. There were no other boys in the entire school that interested Ceri even half as much as Andren did.

Perhaps that’s why she let out a airy giggle when he suggested sarcastically that he would never be glum. It wasn’t out of character for Ceri to laugh, but it seemed almost as though she were laughing at an inappropriate time and inappropriately loud, though no one in the common room turned to look at her. She nibbled the corner of her lower lip, a nervous habit she had picked up some years ago from her father, and listened to Andren, willing her blush to go away. It had never worked before, and though she knew it most likely wouldn’t work this time, it was worth a shot. Of course, just as she felt her cheeks calm down from their raging blush, he mentioned that it had been awhile since they had last seen each other. Oh, he noticed that. Shoot.

Unable to formulate anything to say, Ceri just smiled stupidly at the boy. Gosh, she didn’t act this way with anyone else, so why would she act like this with him? It was really uncomfortable, as Ceri was starting to discover, and she started to wish that she hadn’t left her dorm. Obviously she was feeling some sort of high because she had had a good time with her friends and was now suffering grandiose thoughts that made her think she could talk to Andren with no issues. Yeah, right. No problems here, she thought. Before that year, they had been able to talk perfectly fine. She had never had any issues. Now? Oh boy, ever since she had admitted it to herself that she had more than just friend feelings towards her fellow Hufflepuff, she could hardly say two words to him without blushing and feeling like a complete fool.

“Oh, yes,” Ceri said, hoping to buy herself some time. She cleared her throat and tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. “I apologize for that. My… um… well, my dad died. I didn’t handle it… well.” Oh Merlin. Ceri felt the tears prick her eyes, but she looked down and blinked them back. Most of it was probably from the fact that she hated talking about her dad and the fact he wasn’t around anymore, but she knew part of it was because she felt she was doing a lousy job at conversing with Andren. “I’m no good with small talk,” she said in a quiet voice. Ceri looked up at Andren and melted once again. He was so handsome… she really hoped maybe today was just an off day.

610 words for beanie !

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Andren Lovegood
Posted: Dec 11 2011, 08:03 AM

Group Icon

for the sake of an angel
Andren watched Ceri turn a shade of pink with a bit of interest. Had she done this when they were younger? If she had he hadn't been aware of it. He wondered what it was about; maybe it was just because he was a pureblood and she she... wasn't. Or maybe she just blushed around people. Did she blush around Harvey? He didn't think so, but then again Harvey was Middle class so there was a chance that she just found him less imposing.

Andren hoped she didn't think he was imposing. He gave another small smile at her giggle, hoping this small note of approval would make her blush go away so he could stop feeling so self conscious. Or maybe she was just blushing because they hadn't talked in so long; Andren thought this was more likely. He blushed too, but it was a very thin one that faded in a few moments.

It came back, though, when she responded to his comment that had been meant to clear the air and he noticed that she looked a bit like she was going to cry. Shit. "It's fine. I was sort of caught up in my own problems..." Read: Alice. "I should have tried to talk to you. I'm sorry."

He beamed at her last statement. "Well that's too bad, because I'm no good at it either. I guess we'll have to try then, hmm?" He was sitting up a bit more. Ceri had successfully diffused his self-pity. "So, how've you been?" Start simple, Andren. Try to keep the gal from crying, please. He really hoped she didn't cry... he wasn't sure what he would do if she did, because he couldn't exactly squeeze the tears out of her like he did with Alice.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
Ceridwyn Bordeaux
Posted: Dec 27 2011, 12:02 PM

you're my darling angel
Ceri happened to look up at the best possible time. She had been trying to divert her thinking from her father, who had meant the world to her, and was doing a very poor job at it. As she looked up, though, she caught Andren’s smile. Ceri tried to hide the grin she felt, and lowered her eyes again, feeling her cheeks maintain their pink flush, and become a brighter pink, if that were even possible. Why was she acting so strangely? Merlin! She and Andren had been friends for awhile, and him smiling at her was absolutely nothing new. They had smiled to each other numerous times in the past, so why now? Why bother getting all worked up and worried over what he was smiling at her about, or if he noticed the pink that dotted her cheekbones? So what if he noticed and knew that she was embarrassed?

Clearly, she cared. She cared a lot. And because she cared so much, Ceri let out a barely audible sigh of relief and picked her eyes up once again, noticing Andren’s shift in position. He was no longer incredibly slouchy and was more upright. That was a good sign, wasn’t it? She blushed further and tipped her head down, actively letting her hair fall in front of her face like a curtain. Ceri hoped that Andren wouldn’t notice and say something about her incredible awkward motions, and that her face must have been the color of a firetruck. Ceri could hear her blood pumping in her ears and she just wished that it would go away, that she would be able to just take a deep breath, calm herself and be able to look up at Andren and go on with the day as though nothing had ever happened. It was too late in the day and too far after the quidditch match to claim that her cheeks were still rosy from being outside for so long, and she had no excuses past that.

All in all, things were looking pretty down, until Andren commented that he was no good at small talk, either. Her heart swelled up and she had slight hopes that maybe, just maybe, this conversation was going as terribly as she had felt it had been going. He asked how she had been, and Ceri looked up at him with her big, blue eyes. Trying to read his expression, see his thoughts behind his eyes, Ceri wondered if he meant very recently, or long term since they had last spoken. Afraid that she might cry if she spoke about her father, Ceri went with the former. “Well, alright I suppose,” Ceri said, trying to hide the fact she was fiddling with her hands in her lap. The biggest give away with Ceri were her hands. If she was wringing them or picking at her nails or just doing anything that involves far too much attention to her hands, she’s nervous. “School is going well, and I’ve finally just been to my first quidditch match.” Ceri smiled at Andren. “You did brilliantly out there today!” she said, without even really thinking about it.

529 words for beanie !

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Andren Lovegood
Posted: Jan 4 2012, 08:30 PM

Group Icon

for the sake of an angel
Andren had started concentrating arbitrarily on Ceri's wringing of her hands. There was nothing particularly fascinating about them, just that he needed to look at something and that he felt awkward if he looked at her blush, and nowhere else was safe to concentrate on.

He did, however, glance up at her words. "You've never been to a match before?" He asked, cocking his head at her. Christ, that was a bit strange. Sure, he knew that she had never been much interested in Quidditch, but they were in their fourth year and there were seven games a year. Even if she only went to the Hufflepuff games, that meant she had skipped nine of the massively-attended matches before today.

Only three of them he'd played in, though. Andren sometimes forgot that he hadn't been on the team for more than a year. He made a face at her mention of his flying, though, but he said "Thanks," despite himself. "Gryffindor's ridiculous though, even if they did lose some of the girls. At least we don't have a big rivalry with them." Gryffindor-Slytherin matches were hilarious, she'd have to go sometime. The rivalry was practically palpable, and everyone, even the teachers got into it.

Hufflepuff didn't really have any rivalries, though they of course got into it: it was Hogwarts, of course they did. He was actually pretty glad that the rivals seemed to be saved for individual players and the Slythindors, because putting that much effort into violence was much more than he was willing to do.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
Ceridwyn Bordeaux
Posted: Feb 9 2012, 03:52 PM

you're my darling angel
Although she really didn’t understand the game of Quidditch, Ceri had gone because she wanted to try and learn. It had been a long while since she and Andren had spoken seriously and more than just a “hi” as they passed in the halls. She had known for awhile at that point, nearly four months as it would turn out, that she had feelings for Andren, feelings that couldn’t be deemed as strictly friendly. It made her somewhat uncomfortable around her fellow fourth year Hufflepuff, but it was an uncomfortableness that she didn’t mind sitting through. She’d go through it time and time again just to be able to converse with him. Then again, she also didn’t like the fact that she was so embarrassed and overly aware of herself when she was around him. Maybe she could figure out how to get over that and she wouldn’t be as uncomfortable around him. Ceri made a mental note to herself to try and figure out how to do that without expressing her feelings for Andren to anyone else. She had done a great job at keeping them to herself thus far. Keeping them to herself for a little bit longer shouldn’t be that hard.

Ceri smiled deeply and warmly when Andren thanked her and her spirits soared. There was something about him that she couldn’t quite put her finger on, but it attracted her to him so much. It wasn’t even a sexual attraction, like those older boys and girls had for each other, but it was just something about him that made her want to be around him forever and for always and never leave. He was certainly charming, that was for sure, but it wasn’t just that. There was something so sweet about him, and he always seemed to be thinking about someone –anyone- other than himself. Ceri really liked that about him. And even when he was down in the dumps, as he so clearly had been when she had sauntered down from her dorm room, it didn’t take much to cheer him up. That was always nice. When he started talking about Gryffindor being a rough team to beat, Ceri nodded even though she really didn’t have a single clue as to why the team would be hard to beat. She assumed they had better players, but as far as she could tell, they all seemed to have the same skill level out on the field. Then again, what did she know?

With a blush a few shades deeper than the pale pink that adorned her cheeks, Ceri looked down at her hands in her lap, then raised her eyes to meet Andren’s. “Pardon me for being so forward, but do you mind if we change the subject? I really can’t speak much about the game and therefore can’t be too much of a participant in this conversation.” She paused and lowered her eyes again, feeling her cheeks sting as they filled with blood. “I’d like to be, though,” she added softly.

508 words for beanie !

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

» Options » Reply » New Topic

• Affiliates
  • Topsites
Affiliates

Aeterna Roma  The Vow

Keep the Magic Secret Distant Fantasies 

Priori Incantatem Forsilvra: An Original Fantasy RPG HOS The Beginning HG Rayven's Reign: A  Fantasy Roleplaying Forum

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2756 seconds | Archive