Index  ·   Newbie Guide  ·   Helpful Links  ·   Character Master List  ·   Search  ·   Members  ·   Staff  ·   Cbox
Welcome to Charming!
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

· CALENDAR ·
July 1883

4: 12: 19: 26:
S M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
· CURRENT EVENTS ·
M.D
EVENT
07.01 07.21 QWC: France vs. Japan
07.01 07.15 Student Staff Applications
07.10 Thread Roulette
07.13 Maroc's Greek Mythology Costume Ball
07.31 Student Staff Announced
07.01 07.31 July Writing Challenge
07.01 07.31 Posting Wizard of the Month
· NEWS ·
07.25 @ 10:07am
Reminder: Posting and new registration abilities will be turned OFF tomorrow 07/26 at 6pm CST as we begin the moving process. The cbox will still work - you can check there for updates or our tumblr.

07.23 @ 6:13pm
In preparation for the move, all active Coming Out Ball threads have been moved to The Past forum.

07.21 @ 12:07pm
Just a reminder that we are moving in 5 days! If this is news to you, read up on it here! Posting Wizard signups for August are now open!

07.15 @ 11:19pm
The deactivations for the July activity check have been completed with list cleanup underway; for reactivations, please post in Maintenence.

07.10 @ 10:25am
This month's thread roulette pairings have been posted!

07.07 @ 11:54am
Check out our latest newsletter for some big news!

07.01 @ 9:28am
We are now in the month of July. Congrats to Beanie and Lauren, who won posting wizard of June with 82 and 132 posts respectively!

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) » Reply » New Topic

»  Involuntary Confessions, Private
Ursula Black*
Posted: Jul 2 2011, 03:36 PM

Upper Class
Group Icon

Group: Hogsmeade {Mod} {GH}
Member No.: 62

A thousand lies have made me colder
Dinner. With Phineas. Without either sister-in-law. The prospect would have been received with much enthusiasm and tireless preparation to appear flawless and alluring to her husband a year ago. Now, however, it sounded like a death sentence. Desperate to remain in his presence for the shortest amount of time possible of late, she would have gladly died on the spot upon hearing his plans for the evening. What would she do? It had been little more than a week since she had discovered that her corsets were no longer able to hide the consequence of her illicit activity. She had noticed because she had been looking for it, it wasn't too obvious but having said that, it wasn't as though it was invisible either. All it would take would be keen observational skills and she wouldn't put it past Phineas to notice sooner or later, the former filling her with huge dread. Of course there were memory charms but what use were they when all it would take would be for him to catch her on profile or worse still, if he desired intimacy.

Ursula had checked, double checked, triple checked and checked further still in her mirror with various gowns. She had always been fonder of darker colors and now even more so but even with dark colors, her corset laced as tight as possible without breaking a considerable number of ribs and the shallowest breathing as consciousness would allow; it was still there. Subtle, yet still unmoving and stubborn as though it wanted Phineas to find out what she had done, what had become of her selfishness and boredom induced lust. She had blamed him back then, blamed him for neglect, for not loving her but now she blamed the child. It was the child's fault. It had been created to ruin her completely. In five - almost six - years of marriage, she had only had one child and yet the one time she strayed... It was cursed luck and ill fortune. Ursula finally settled for a dark, yet low cut dress that would hopefully keep his eyes distracted away from her midriff.

With a resigned sigh, she tore herself away from the safety of the room, descending the stairs as though walking to her own hanging. She sought out the dining room, hoping to sit down as soon as possible so as to have the table between her and any scrutinizing glances he might give her.

Tag: Phineas Clothes Words: 408
created by kay of caution and sds

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image
user posted imageuser posted image

user posted image
Phineas Black
Posted: Jul 2 2011, 04:03 PM

Unregistered

The Truth is Rarely Pure... Phineas had been suspicious for some time as to the reason behind Ursula’s behaviour in the last few months. She had been skirting him, avoiding his meetings and certainly avoiding his touch for the last few months. He was no fool, and yet for months he had determinedly avoided the thoughts that had plagued his free moments. He had tried to ignore it, but at last it had reached the point where blind ignorance nor sheer determination could mask what was potentially happening with his wife. As much as his own temperament did not lend itself to showing affection in an outward manner he did in fact love his Ursula. She was young and beautiful, as much as would make any man wild and yet she had been married to him, a man 10 years her senior, and by no means attractive by the modern standard. It was, perhaps, what had always made him suspicious of their relationship, a little paranoid that the dandy’s and beau’s that seemed everywhere in Hogsmeade would turn her head when an old teacher would begin to bore her. It was only the afternoon before when he had made a decision to discover the truth no matter what it cost him. It would be all too easy for a man such as himself, his prowess with potions meant that creating a small quantity of Veritserum was a simple task that had taken the better part of an afternoon to complete. He knew Ursula despite the seeming coldness of their marriage, he knew that she would not admit a fault whule there was a breath in her body, a reckoning which had illicited the current plan into action. His preparations had run him a little late and as such he had neglected to dress for the evening, still in the rather plain looking morning suit he had worn that afternoon. He had wanted to ensure that he arrived first for their evening meal, dismissing the footman to attend to the food while he poured his wife a goblet of her favourite drink, before adding a few drops of the clear, tasteless liquid to the beaker stirring it quickly before going to his own seat, where with a flick of his tails he sat his brow low and brooding staring into the dancing of the flames as a clock in the hall sounded the hour for dinner. He heard the utterances of the footman in greeting as she approached, and the click of the door handle as she entered. ‘You look well this evening Ursula’ he greeted in a tone of cold civility, his usual but he did not look up at her, rather he took a sip from his goblet keeping his eyes firmly on the fireplace. Word Count: 475CREDIT TO LYNX LOVES YOU OF RCR.
Ursula Black*
Posted: Jul 2 2011, 04:44 PM

Upper Class
Group Icon

Ursula would have been most pleased to receive compliments from Phineas before, though she might not have outwardly made her delight known, she would have felt it all the same. Now it was as though it meant he was observing her every move and every breath. What he had pieced together in his mind - or not as the case might have been for all she knew - was constantly circling around in the depths of her mind. Did she look as guilty as felt? Was he watching her as closely as she loathed to think he was? Was he aware of her shameful behavior? He couldn't be. He could never be. Yet, at the same time it would take many months, years even, for her to pull together the courage to look him in the eye as she once had. "As do you, Phineas," she murmured in reply, knowing that the sight of him made her feel sick to her stomach with guilt and anxiety.

She walked briskly to the table, taking her seat and feeling relieved to be sat down. She observed his diverted eyes, thankful he had not paid too much attention to her as she had walked in. Ursula folded her hands in her lap, the temptation to fidget threatening to take over. "Dare I ask what it is that I owe the pleasure of your company to?" she asked tentatively, the urge to wring her hands becoming too much so she reached for her goblet as a distraction, taking a longer sip than usual as it provided something of a sense of protection. There was nothing suspicious in drinking after all, it was natural. Placing it down gently so minimal noise was made, she returned her hands to her lap, very aware that each second seemed like a minute.

Ursula looked down at the tablecloth, needing to direct her eyes at something and the table seemed as good as anything. For a brief moment, she opened her mouth to say something but promptly shut it, finding herself rather lost for words. She reached for her drink once again, the desire to keep busy, to distract from the tension overpowering.

Tag: Phineas Clothes Words: 363

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Phineas Black
Posted: Jul 3 2011, 09:17 AM

Unregistered

The Truth is Rarely Pure... Phineas gave a small scoffing laugh at her complement that was more of a humph sound in the back of his throat. Phineas had never considered himself a good looking man, even in his younger years. At school he had been tall but not particularly built and the set of his brow and nose had given the impression of an ungainly bird in his teen years. Age had given him some breadth across the shoulder and his improved deportment added something to his presence but could do little to improve his general visage. His eye’s remained firmly fixed on the fireplace even as she addressed him directly. It was only when she brought the goblet to her lips to drink did his eyes shift, but this time to watch her mouth around the brim of the goblet. As she removed the cup from her lips he felt himself release a breath that he had not even been aware that he had been holding. It had perhaps been too easy. He coughed and took a drink from his own goblet turning himself in the seat so he sat straight at the table across from his wife. He opened his mouth to answer her question but also shut it, this time for the footman’s entrance, followed close behind by 3 small house elves laden with dishes of food for the table. The scampered around the table setting out the food, carving and serving a portions of the meat to Ursula and then to Phineas, before bowing low, their long noses scraping the floor as they back from the room, with more noise and crashing into one another than was really necessary. Phineas’ teeth were on edge by the time the door closed gently behind them. He flicked out his napkin over his lap, when a crash sounded behind the door and the shouts of the elves as they blamed each other for the noise and stupidity. . ‘WILL YOU STOP THAT’ he bellowed turning his head in the direction of the door. There was a yelp, a patter of feet and the dining room was plunged into silence. He lifted his knife and fork, beginning to eat, slowly. ‘Indeed you may well ask my dear why I am joining you for dinner this evening, I felt it had been too long since we had the opportunity to speak intimately as a husband and wife should’ he said his voice quiet and calm, a general danger sign. . ‘I wondered perhaps if you had something to tell me that you had not had the opportunity to during the school term and in fear of being remiss in my duty as a husband I thought it best to give you such an opportunity now- when we can be quietly domestic. ’ he said, the entire time picking at his meat as though this conversation held no greater portent than her having forgotten to inform him of the hiring of a new scullery maid. Word Count: 508CREDIT TO LYNX LOVES YOU OF RCR.
Ursula Black*
Posted: Jul 3 2011, 10:03 AM

Upper Class
Group Icon

Ursula found his response rather disconcerting, not sure quite what to make of his mood. Treading on eggshells around her own husband was not something she was fond of and she would never grow used to it.

She had tasted nothing out of the ordinary, nor suspected anything about the contents of her drink. While Slytherins may be known for sly and crafty behavior, she had never even thought of veritaserum as being her downfall. She assumed if he found out it would be either through an inescapable confession or someone informing him of idle suspicions. Still twitchy and nervous, she was highly grateful for once, for the entrance of the house elves and food. Normally she would have been as irritated by their clumsiness as Phineas but they were providing a distraction from her and that was very welcome indeed. His loud scolding of the elves made Ursula visibly flinch, hoping it would be the last time he raised his voice that evening.

Ursula waited for him to eat first, only picking up her knife and fork when she saw him start. Hearing that he intended to discuss such matters that were between a married couple, her appetite immediately vanished. She placed her fork down with a slight 'clink' as it hit the china, his next few words only making the color in her already pale face drain away. Of course she could be jumping to conclusions, her guilt incriminating her when really there was nothing to worry about but she had a horrible feeling he had already passed the stage of mild suspicion. "Something to tell you?" she repeated, feeling as though she very much like to be anywhere else at that moment.

The food on the plate in front of her suddenly repulsed her and she leaned back in her chair. Ursula shifted uncomfortably where she sat, "I am not feeling at all well Phineas..." she blurted out, frowning slightly as her intended excuse escaped her. She had been wanting to blame her feeling of unease on the recent heatwave but seemed unable. "I wish to retire to my room, my appetite has quite escaped me." She would avoid his questions and seek refuge in her room. Ursula removed her napkin from where she had placed it in her lap, preparing to leave the room, not expecting to have any problem in doing just as she intended. "I am..." she cut herself off before she accidentally said something quite contrary to what she wanted to say. She wanted to express disappointment for not being well enough to stay in his company but of course it was a lie. She had been rising from her seat and promptly sat back down, a confused look on her face.

Tag: Phineas Clothes Words: 457

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Phineas Black
Posted: Jul 3 2011, 11:01 AM

Unregistered

The Truth is Rarely Pure... Despite all of the appearance of civility and decorum Phineas was a rough man, someone that, in a different life, under different circumstances, could well have been happy in manual labour, something solitary, so at meals like this one when there was no one to judge his manners he was prone to let them slip, which he did now. His agitation reading in the ferocity with which he speared his food – she wasn’t denying anything, wasn’t even really lying but he was sure that her evasions were as bad as any words of untruth that may fall from her lips. In truth Phineas didn’t know what he wanted to hear the most from her. If it turned out she had nothing to hide from him then he would have given his wife a dose of a powerful potion for no real reason other than his own paranoia, if it transpired that she had indeed kept something from him, he wondered would he want to know it at the finish. He bit the inside of his cheek at the thought, it was too late to go back now and undo the potion, although he could grant her leave to go, but then nothing would be resolved and he would go on looking the fool. She flustered about wanting to escape the meal and Phineas did not look directly up but rather observed her from beaneath his heavy brow, with glances and furtive looks. ‘Whats wrong my dear the evenings meal not to your taste? I should find out what is wrong so I can have the house elves flogged for it. he said, avoiding asking her a direct question for for the moment and though the words sincere but the tone implying the level of his disbelief in her truthfulness. He took a drink from his goblet, continuing to eat calming. ‘So Ursula, as a concerned husband I should ask you why you are ill?’ he said allowing the silence in the room to deepen, the only noise that broke the silence was the gentle click of his knife and fork against the plate. Word Count: 421CREDIT TO LYNX LOVES YOU OF RCR.
Ursula Black*
Posted: Jul 3 2011, 11:45 AM

Upper Class
Group Icon

"There is nothing the matter with the food," she replied, truthfully. The food had been prepared to its usual standard, she could not fault it though it was not enough to entice her appetite to return from wherever it had disappeared to. She had, however, picked up on his tone and could feel her heart hammering in a panicked fashion in her ears. Surely he heard it? Surely the sound of her pulse racing was as deafening to him as it was to her? Now she really did feel as though resting in bed would be a good idea.

Ursula wanted to lie, to tell him it was over exposure to the summer weather, that she needed a new parasol and only needed a little rest. Veritaserum, however, prevented that. "I..." she trailed off, trying desperately to force out a lie, to utter assurances that it was merely a temporary affliction of the weather but she was beginning to realize that even if she could physically say such a thing, he would probably not believe her. "The guilt..." she murmured, her eyes now shimmering with tears. Why couldn't she control her own words?! "I cannot bear to be in your company, I am riddled with guilt and fear that you shall find out that-" Ursula gasped in horror, slapping a hand to her mouth, a mortified expression on her face. Why had her usually guarded control over her speech gone out the window? It then dawned on her. Only one thing could reduce a person with carefully guarded secrets to a truth-spewing individual. "Veritaserum..." she murmured, eyes wide in absolute horror, though there was a slight hint of hurt in her expression. While she might have betrayed him dreadfully and done things no wife was excused to do, it still hurt that he had been quite so underhanded as to use a powerful truth serum on her. Her eyes stole a glance at her goblet, now furious at herself for being so easily tricked.

"You... You slipped Veritaserum... How long have you...? Why?" Her speech was syncopated as she fought to hold back tears of defeat and frustration. There was nothing she could do now. Some people could fight the potion with Occlumency or an antidote but she had neither an antidote, nor any skills in Occlumency. There was nothing she could do but answer anything he asked with the truth, she could try and deflect things but if he asked her outright... Welll... She was very much doomed.

Tag: Phineas Clothes Words: 418

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Phineas Black
Posted: Jul 3 2011, 12:22 PM

Unregistered

The Cry Me a River... He took a bite of the meat and a smile played over his lips as she admitted there was nothing wrong with the food and he gave a small noise that was a sarcastic noise of surprise, but didn’t look up instead he simply kept eating the food. He needed to try very hard in order to not loose control. He wasn’t a controlled person, he was sarcastic and snide, prone to speaking his own opinion whenever he was want to, his position within the school and his general rank in society meant that there were few people who felt it was their place to check his poor behaviour. Lies were a part of Phineas’ life, indeed the lives of most who moved within their circles – the upper classes lied to one another about almost everything but he could not help the ripple of dread that fluttered up his spine as she admitted to her feelings of guilt in his presence. Her extravagant gesture, her sudden movements didn’t stir him and he still didn’t look at her continuing placidly with his meal. Even as he ate he could tell the moment when she realised what it was he had done and her stuttering demand. Reaching out a hand he poured himself another goblet of wine and topping up Ursula’s drink. His face was impassive, even in the face of her incredulous accusations and questions. Veritserum was something that Phineas was very familiar with, his work before he had become headmaster, first in potions research and then as potions master meant he knew the most effective ways of utalising the potion, how to get the best effects and draw what he needed and so he ignored her questions. ‘What have you to feel guilty about Ursula?’ he pressed before bringing his cup to his lips. Word Count: 466CREDIT TO LYNX LOVES YOU OF RCR.
Ursula Black*
Posted: Jul 3 2011, 01:21 PM

Upper Class
Group Icon

Ursula hated that he didn't look at her, that he continued to eat as though the mental agony and the prospect that what she was going to say would surely provoke a far worse reaction, something that only she seemed aware of. For now. She knew that with the right question, she would have no control in spilling her darkest secrets, that he would learn all of what had happened back in December. Of what was to happen in only a matter of months. It was an infernal situation and she damned no matter what she did. If she did pluck up the courage to get up and flee from the room before revealing anything, then it would only further his curiosity and he would certainly not let the matter rest. Her lip trembled as her effort to restrain tears became even harder, his next question truly putting the nail in her coffin. There was no escape, no escape at all.

"Phineas, I... I strayed," she whispered before letting out a guttural sob, breaking down into tears at that moment. "I betrayed you. I entertained the company of a man and shared his bed." She looked down at her lap shamefully, tears now trickling down her cheeks profusely. She had managed to stop herself from adding in about the child, she was guilty about her promiscuity far more than the child, the child was an unfortunate side effect. An unfortunate side effect that made the entire thing more tangible, more real. She searched herself for a handkerchief, failing in her mission.

Ursula only cried harder at the fact that she didn't have anything with which to dry her tears, thus worsening the situation. She hoped he would ask no more, that he would not press her further, for the physical secret she was carrying would most likely push him over the edge. She had yet to be victim to his rage but she had a horrible feeling she was about to break that record. In a matter of selfish hours of angst driven lust, she had single-handedly destroyed her perfect pureblood marriage and possibly lost all hope of ever seeing him look upon her with a loving gaze.

Tag: Phineas Clothes Words: 367

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Phineas Black
Posted: Jul 3 2011, 01:56 PM

Unregistered

The Truth is Rarely Pure... Phineas was not a silent man by nature, he used his words to express things, and he was not shy about expressing his disdain for those around him, now he was fighting his own tongue, trying to keep it controlled and silent within his head. The aim of this exercise had been to get his wife to speak, to spill the secrets that she had kept from him, not for him to fill the silence with his own chastisement…not yet at least. A log in the grate snapped, sending a small shower of embers onto the flagstone floor of the dining hall. ‘who?’ he asked simply, his tone measured as though the information had not phased him in the slightest before he took another mouthful of broccoli. She was crying and he gripped his cutlery all the tighter to stop himself from rising from his seat and going over to her. Had this been his fault? He had after all pursued her – she was a young woman, he was less so. Spent too much time at the school, been too reserved in his affectios? All of the above most likely, he could she was clearly guilt ridden and torturing herself for this and still despite his own misgivings he could not quiet get over his own wounded pride. He was lacking in many areas but his loyalty had not been one of them. ‘And what is causing your sickness?’ he asked although he suspected that he already knew but for his own sanity he needed to ask her, to hear it from his wifes lips what it was she had done. He neither wanted nor needed sordid details, his own rather dark imagination was already filling in the details of the encounters fire kisses, passionate whisperings and soft pale flesh. Word Count: 421CREDIT TO LYNX LOVES YOU OF RCR.
Ursula Black*
Posted: Jul 3 2011, 02:32 PM

Upper Class
Group Icon

Ursula marveled at the calmness of his attitude, his lack of surprise and outrage. Did he not care for her at all?! Did he not even see her as a possession at the very least? Had he confessed that he had shared a bed with another woman, she would have been distraught, horrified that she was so unable to keep her own husband happy. Did he have no qualms about sharing her? She stopped herself before she managed to work herself into a state of hurt and incredulity, realizing that she should know better than to be so quick to judge his mood. She wondered if perhaps it was the desire to see out his questions that he continued without growing angry or expressing some reaction to her words.

Of course... He wished to know who she had indulged her selfish desires with... What could be possibly wish to do with the knowledge? She dared not think of it for she was powerless to deny him the answer he sought. "It was Ca-" Ursula abruptly stopped herself from referring to him by first name; using familiarities would most certainly not ease the situation, quite the contrary. "Mr. Wakefield." She looked toward the fire, as though it were a late reaction to the spilling of embers, seeing blurs of red and orange as tears clouded her vision.

And then came the dreaded question. The one secret she had a slight hope of concealing for a while longer. Ursula returned her gaze to her husband, uncertainty and apprehension in her eyes. "I am... I am with... child," she squeaked the last word out before breaking into wracking sobs, shielding her face with her hands. "It was only once Phineas, it was never repeated! It was not an illicit string of meetings, I assure you!" She had let her hands fall away now, fixing him with a fearful and desperate look. If he were to pass judgements on her at that moment then she would have him know she had betrayed him only the once, that the child was an unfortunate coincidence. She dearly hoped neither Isla nor Elladora were informed. They would most likely despise her or at least make her life misery.

Tag: Phineas Clothes Words: 370

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Phineas Black
Posted: Jul 3 2011, 02:48 PM

Unregistered

The Truth is Rarely Pure... This admission caused the action of his knife and fork to stall for a moment, before conveying the last morsel to his mouth and he threw them angrily onto the plate in a clatter that echoed loudly in the silence of the room. Phineas was sorry now that he had done this during a meal time, his stomach roiled and he could feel the remnants of his meal fighting with bile and fury for control of his stomach. As much as hr admission that she was carrying another man’s child made him ill he at least knew that she was truthful in her admission that it had only been once. ‘That is a cold comfort Ursula’ he said fighting for control of his voice, his tone somewhere between anger and distraught. He heard it in his own voice and swallowed his upset away leaving only the anger in it’s wake. ‘You foolish reckless child!’ he hissed his voice barely more than a venomous whisper. ‘how could you put our family at such risk, in the path of such utter scandal, your own reputation is at stake as well as the reputation of this family, you risk more than your self in this.’ he said throwing back his chair and moving to stand at the fireplace, his arm resting on the cold stone mantal staring into the flames for a moment trying to calm himself, but as he stared his anger grew, his control fading as though the flames were burning through the lest vestiges of his control. He turned back to her with a whirl of dark material and coal black eyes. ‘This child you carry is anther mans, am I to take your word that Sirius is mine or is he the product of another dalience? he demanded incredulity and hurt colouring his thinking as he stared furious at his wife his eyes blazing, ‘For the love of Merlin Ursula tell me why?’Word Count: 421CREDIT TO LYNX LOVES YOU OF RCR.
Ursula Black*
Posted: Jul 3 2011, 03:27 PM

Upper Class
Group Icon

Ursula shrank back in her seat as the reaction she had been waiting for began. Of course she hadn't expected him to take the news that she bore a child that was not his well at all. She would have been completely insane to think he would react any less angrily than he did at that moment. Thankfully he believed her when she claimed it had been one time only, of course the fact he had subjected her to truth serum probably had more to do with that than actual trust that she spoke the truth. Ursula had told so many lies, even to herself that she wouldn't be surprised if he no longer trusted her.

Ursula had allowed herself the slightest of hope that he might somehow manage to divert anger, but seemed to be mistaken. What could she say? Was it better or worse that she had been fully aware of the risks? She had set out with intentions and very aware too of what the risks were, though of course she hadn't given consideration to fertility in that aspect. Was it better to be ignorant and naive or selfish and knowledgeable? Of course, she couldn't lie in the end... A choice wouldn't need to be made. "I knew the risks. I knew the possibility of scandal. You should know I did the utmost to keep it secret, to hide it from all. I told no one. Not a soul. I intended to be rid of the situation entirely after but of course..." she smiled ruefully through her tears, "Fate seems to have made that rather difficult..." She whimpered before proceeding to cry harder, his anger and the knowledge that she was the cause of it serving to distress her further.

Ursula shrank under his gaze as he suddenly turned toward her, looking at her properly for the first time, though the look in his eyes didn't make it a welcome change. "Until this... this situation... You were the only man I ever gave myself to! Sirius is every inch yours, Phineas, I swear it on my very life!" She looked at him pleadingly, hoping he would believe her, truth serum or not. She could not allow him to suspect her of infidelities she had not committed.

Why? He wished to know why? She rather wished he didn't want to know, he wouldn't like and she certainly wouldn't like saying it and it was not as though she could color it with half-truths to soften the blow, the truth was the truth. "I needed to feel wanted, appreciated... I desired more than the simple distraction of tea with a neighbor... I was selfish." Her boredom had played a large part, it certainly hadn't helped stop her. Ursula swallowed, diverting her eyes from his face. She could have explained more but she held no desire to disturb him further.

Tag: Phineas Clothes Words: 478

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Phineas Black
Posted: Jul 4 2011, 12:34 PM

Unregistered

The Truth is Rarely Pure... He wanted to hate the child that she carried, the infant bastard that was not his but another man’s progeny, a child that if they did nothing would take the Black name and be raised among his own children. He couldn’t help his eyes roaming over her form, hidden as it was by her seated form. He tried to think if he had noticed her thickening middle in the recent days and weeks, the general confusion of the end of term, the mayhem and work that needed to be attended to meant he had not spent all that much time in his own home, on more than one night he had spent his evenings in his office until much later than he had intended and spent the evening sleeping in his apartments at the school. Phineas sat back in his seat, looking stern, brooding and furious all at once, his nostrils flared as he breathed deeply trying to control his prolific temper. Inside he felt ill, like the things that he had told himself couldn’t be true were occurring. There was much he wanted to say, to shout at her for her foolishness and lack of care for their family, for their marriage but if he began to shout he feared he would never stop. So instead he sat his eyes dark, his voice laden with threats and his obvious hurt and disappointment. ‘The fact is that the man with whom you spent this tryst knows and you cannot guarantee that such a man as would bed another’s wife would not boast of his accomplishment’ he said moving over near the table, leaning on his fists on the table and talking down to her. But it seems he had been right, he had in part driven her to this – although he could still not accept her indiscretion with good grace. ‘hmph, a cold comfort Ursula, a cold comfort indeed’ he growled at her. ‘But what you have me do? Raise this bastard as my own? Overlook it and allow you to infact my true son with your slatternly behaviour?’ Word Count: 421CREDIT TO LYNX LOVES YOU OF RCR.
Ursula Black*
Posted: Jul 4 2011, 01:00 PM

Upper Class
Group Icon

If he hated the child then it was certainly loathed by its mother. She wished it gone. Could she have rid herself of the unborn infant months ago she would have done so without a moments hesitation but she had no idea if it was even possible and dared not try for fear of any repercussions. Living in denial of its existence had failed, wearing corsets so tight that she bore bruised ribs and felt terribly nauseous and faint as a result of it had also failed to make it go away. She might not show much in the way of affection for Sirius but the child she carried would never receive even the slightest. She vowed that it was the fault of the child for cursing her, damning her to suffer and cause yet more damage to her marriage. The insolent beast was angering her even before it breathed! She had felt proud when it was Sirius; she was proud to have fulfilled her expected duties as a wife and hoped fiercely that the child be a boy. But this... This was a curse.

"He gave me his word that he would not tell and he seemed to me to be the honest sort..." She trailed off as she realized how awfully ridiculous she had sounded. Most would not consider those who had illicit affairs with married women, 'honest'. "I made sure it was understood, that the gravity of the situation was most perilous... The implications if gossip were to be spread..." She dared to glance up at his furious expression, the feeling of deepest regret permeating her every thought and feeling. Ursula mentally flinched at the sound of the word 'slatternly'. She knew her actions were not honorable in the slightest but to hear it from Phineas made it far more real and hurtful. "It was my intention to... To have the child in secret and give it to Mr. Wakefield and his wife. No one would ever know... It could all be forgotten and scandal avoided!" She hoped he appreciated the fact that she had arranged to be rid of it as quietly as possible instead of realizing that she would have deceived him further and never have informed him of the existence of the illegitimate child or her betrayal.

"Sirius is..." she didn't know what to say on the part of Sirius. She didn't see her influence on him to be negative, on the contrary she thought herself a good mother but she was speechless for once in her life.

Tag: Phineas Clothes Words: 423

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

» OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  » Reply » New Topic

• Affiliates
  • Topsites
Affiliates

Aeterna Roma  The Vow

Keep the Magic Secret Distant Fantasies 

Priori Incantatem Forsilvra: An Original Fantasy RPG HOS The Beginning HG Rayven's Reign: A  Fantasy Roleplaying Forum

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 1.6123 seconds | Archive