Index  ·   Newbie Guide  ·   Helpful Links  ·   Character Master List  ·   Search  ·   Members  ·   Staff  ·   Cbox
Welcome to Charming!
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

· CALENDAR ·
July 1883

4: 12: 19: 26:
S M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
· CURRENT EVENTS ·
M.D
EVENT
07.01 07.21 QWC: France vs. Japan
07.01 07.15 Student Staff Applications
07.10 Thread Roulette
07.13 Maroc's Greek Mythology Costume Ball
07.31 Student Staff Announced
07.01 07.31 July Writing Challenge
07.01 07.31 Posting Wizard of the Month
· NEWS ·
07.25 @ 10:07am
Reminder: Posting and new registration abilities will be turned OFF tomorrow 07/26 at 6pm CST as we begin the moving process. The cbox will still work - you can check there for updates or our tumblr.

07.23 @ 6:13pm
In preparation for the move, all active Coming Out Ball threads have been moved to The Past forum.

07.21 @ 12:07pm
Just a reminder that we are moving in 5 days! If this is news to you, read up on it here! Posting Wizard signups for August are now open!

07.15 @ 11:19pm
The deactivations for the July activity check have been completed with list cleanup underway; for reactivations, please post in Maintenence.

07.10 @ 10:25am
This month's thread roulette pairings have been posted!

07.07 @ 11:54am
Check out our latest newsletter for some big news!

07.01 @ 9:28am
We are now in the month of July. Congrats to Beanie and Lauren, who won posting wizard of June with 82 and 132 posts respectively!

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) » Locked » New Topic » New Poll

»  Student Staff Applications '83 - '84, Applications accepted until 07/15
{Violet Ollivander}
Posted: Jul 1 2013, 08:52 AM

Middle Class — Charms Professor
Group Icon

Group: Hogwarts Staff {Admin}
Member No.: 5

HOGWARTS STUDENT STAFF SELECTIONS 1883 - 1884

If your student character is interested in being elected as a prefect or student head for this upcoming school year, you'll need to fill out the form below and post it as a reply to this thread. Below, you'll have explanations as to how the scoring will work. The staff judging will be purely from an OOC standpoint, while the Head of Houses will vote IC in order to have an accurate representation of who would really be elected as student staff. Check out Kayte's notes here.

This year it is important that we have a full staff, as we'll be introducing our house points system - student staff will have the ability to add and deduct house points and give detentions.

OPEN POSITIONS

— Head Girl and Head Boy

— Gryffindor: 5th Year Male and Female Prefect, 6th Year Male Prefect, 7th Year Male and Female Prefect

— Hufflepuff: 5th Year Male and Female Prefect, 7th Year Male and Female Prefect

— Ravenclaw: 5th Year Male and Female Prefect, 6th Year Male Prefect, 7th Year Male Prefect

— Slytherin: 5th Year Male and Female Prefect, 6th Year Male Prefect, 7th Year Male Prefect
Current prefects will need not apply and will simply be bumped up to the next year, unless they're applying for head position, in which case they'll need to apply for it.

Scoring:
Scoring will be done with averages. A 5 is the highest score, with a 1 being the lowest. All five staff members will give a score and the respective Head of House will give a score for each category mentioned below (explained further in the cheat sheet section.) These scores will be averaged out. The characters with the highest scores get the positions. In the event of a tie, there will be a coin flip.

The Form:
CODE
[b]Full Name:[/b] [b]Blood Status:[/b] [b]Social Class:[/b] [b]House:[/b] [b]Position Applying For:[/b] [b]Why are you suited for this position?[/b] (Filled out from an IC standpoint. Threads may be linked for proof/reference. IC behavior, participation in any class threads, good grades, etc. would be helpful to include.)

The Form Cheat Sheet:

Full Name: No scoring on this.
Blood Status: Scoring will be 1-5 for HoH depending on their blood purity views, staff will not score
Social Class: Scoring will be 1-5 for HoH depending on their views, staff will not score
House: Not scoring on this.
Position Applying For: Not scoring on this.
Why are you suited for this position? Score will be 1-5. Grades, classes attended, behavior, actual responses and proof of leadership/good behavior/role-modelness will be all taken into account. They should also represent their respective house's values. Ex: Gryffindor = chivalry, Hufflepuff = harmony, Ravenclaw = knowledge, Slytherin = ambition. Should be filled out through the character applying from their point of view. Staff will judge OOC, HoH will judge IC.

Questions can be posted in this thread. Decisions will be announced on July 31st. The thread for year/title changes for the upcoming school year will also be put up on July 31st.

--------------------

Charming is moving! Click for more info!

Postlog | Profile

user posted image

user posted image user posted image

played by Lola
see CML for other characters

user posted imageuser posted image
Sir Demetri Draginoff
Posted: Jul 1 2013, 09:11 AM

Upper Class — Fourth Year
Group Icon

Group: Slytherin
Member No.: 2,067

Full Name: Demetri Yuri Draginoff
Blood Status: Pure as the snow is white
Social Class: Noble [Upper class]
House: Slytherin
Position Applying For: 5th Year Slytherin Male Prefect
Why are you suited for this position? I wonder why you should think that I am anything less than the right person for this Job. My blood ties, my family heritage, and the training as the Heir of a Noble house makes me perfect to do the job of prefect. My grades have never dropped behind an E. In fact I am taking courses via Owl in order to sit in on several classes that are not offered here.
I am a leader of the young pure bloods that are related by blood to nobles as well as monarchy, why would you risk another being placed in my place? That is a question that you must ask yourself, for my ties are strong and my mind is far from senile, I will remember the slight of not being made Head boy Prefect, and will do all that my house and line have taught me to do.
I really should be made Head Boy, but I am willing to wait, bide my time, and if need be use rumors and dueling as well as slytherin house itself to dethrown the head boy and take the title for my own
Beatrice Skye*
Posted: Jul 1 2013, 09:13 AM

Group Icon

Group: Ravenclaw {Mod} {GH}
Member No.: 136

Full Name: Beatrice Skye
Blood Status: Halfblood
Social Class: Upper Class, but used to be Lower?
House: Ravenclaw
Position Applying For: Fifth Year Ravenclaw Female Prefect
Why are you suited for this position?
    "I think that I would make a good prefect because I embody well the qualities of my House. I am a diligent student and I love helping weaker students by tutoring them. I always attend my classes and I try to be perfect with my schoolwork. I enjoy learning, sometimes even things that are well above my experience level. I enjoy challenging my skills and I have competed in both the Duelling Tournament and the Potion Brewing Competition, in which I've done a quite good job.

While I am not as out-going as I would love to, I try to be friendly to anyone I meet. I try to bond with my classmates and I help those who are in need.

All in all, I think that I would make a good prefect because I am studius, curious and intelligent, but I am also friendly and I will always be with those who need help."

--------------------

user posted image
PLAYED BY SOPH | THREADS | SET BY TAY

His Majesty Merlin Huxley
Posted: Jul 1 2013, 09:23 AM

Upper Class — Sixth Year
Group Icon

Group: Hufflepuff
Member No.: 2,013

Full Name: His Majesty Merlin Huxley
Blood Status: Pureblood
Social Class: Upper
House: Hufflepuff
Position Applying For: 7th year prefect
Why are you suited for this position? "I come from a respectable family* and I do not communicate with hussies. When given the opportunity to I am an upstanding citizen** and I believe that my taking five*** classes at the NEWT level speaks to my commitment to the school."

*Merl is related to the Macnairs as well as the Huxleys
**The Most Reluctant upstanding citizen, but sure Merl.
***Ancient Runes, Transfiguration, Charms, DaDa, & Herbology

merl you are a brat love your author

--------------------
user posted image
PLAYED BY BEANIE | GRAPHICS BY SOPH | PROFILE | POST LOG
Portia Blishwick
Posted: Jul 1 2013, 09:27 AM

Upper Class — Sixth Year
Group Icon

Group: Ravenclaw
Member No.: 1,964

Full Name: Portia Caroline Blishwick
Social Class: Upperclass
Position Applying For: Head girl
Why are you suited for this position? “I think I will be a good choice of Head-girl, because I am a strong young lady, living up to every possible expectation of a young lady. I will be a good role model for the younger students; polite, a young lady, good grades and willing to help people if they ask for it. I do not tolerate when people try to get away with breaking the rules, something I have never done and never will do. I am of exceptional family, though I have never allowed blood-status to stand in the way of how I talk to people.”

--------------------
user posted image

CREDIT: Set by Soph, Nametag by Soph
Brutus Kettleburn
Posted: Jul 1 2013, 09:29 AM

Lower Class — Sixth Year, Beater
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,592

Full Name: Brutus Manlius Kettleburn
Blood Status: Half-blood
Social Class: Lower class
Position Applying For: Head Boy (LOL)
Why are you suited for this position? I like quidditch and I'm a boy. I'm good at hitting people wot need to be hit and I am good at dententions. I'm nice to girls and I'm good at copying Harry's work so I get gooder scores.

--------------------

user posted image
AMAZING SET CREDIT TO LOLA <3

user posted image

user posted image
Yarrow Macnair
Posted: Jul 1 2013, 09:34 AM

Upper Class — Fourth Year, Beater
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,100

Full Name: Yarrow Seth Macnair
Blood Status: PUREBLOOD.
Social Class: Upper Class
Position Applying For: Fifth Year Male Slytherin Prefect
    "Do I even have to explain why I am suitable for this position? First of all, I am a pureblood, which is what a proper Slytherin should be. I come from a good family and I am related to the oldest and most prestigious families of Britain, but perhaps the world. My mother was a Lestrange, making me related to them. Do you know how important this is? My mother, is the assistand head of the Potion and Plant poisoning of the Hogsmeade Hospital, a position of great power and responsobility. My father was an important Ministry Official. Do you even want me to get started on that part?

I am cousin to the Chief Warlock of the Wizangamot, Mr. Orestes Lestrange. My uncle, Mr. Lucius Lestrange also held important positions in the Ministry. My other cousin, Mr. Priam Lestrange, is Head of the Department of Magical Co-Operation. As you can see, my family has held great positions in the Ministry for generations. We have also been prefects at Hogwarts, which only shows that I would be a good candidate.

I am an excellent student, who is interested in the Dark Arts and is particularly good at that area of magic. I always do my essays in time and I try to help my lesser intelligent peers. I am also quite curious.

I have all the qualities a prefect might need. I am intelligent and ambitious and I have great leadership skills. I am not afraid of leading an army. I am not afraid of taking important decisions. I am a man of strenght, who will represent the House of Slytherin with honour and dignity."

--------------------

user posted image
PLAYED BY SOPH | THREADS

Mathilda Prince
Posted: Jul 1 2013, 09:36 AM

Middle Class — Fourth Year
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,323

Full Name: Mathilda Prince
Social Class: Middleclass
Position Applying For: Fifth-year female prefect
Why are you suited for this position? “Allow me first to say that I do not wish to gain extra points because of my father. I work hard and insist on earning my grades, all of them are decent. I am a good student, following the rules of the school as well as those of the society. I never judge people on their class, blood or house, giving everybody a fair chance and threating everybody equally, though still with respect.”

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

CREDIT: Set by Kat. Nametag by Soph
Tristan Carmichael
Posted: Jul 1 2013, 09:45 AM

Upper Class — Fourth Year, Keeper
Group Icon

Group: Gryffindor
Member No.: 2,000

Full Name: Tristan James Carmichael
House: Gryffindor
Position Applying For: Fifth Year Male Gryffindor Prefect
    I think that I would make a good prefect became I am a very friendly person. I am polite and helpful and I'm hardly hot-tempered or angsty. I never had trouble making friends and I was never intimidated by being among a lot of people, so I think that I would have no trouble when the social part of my duties are concerned. I embody my House's qualities and I have good leading skills. I am also hardly a terrible student, as I am good with practical classes*, which is also a plus.

* Last bullet point in his personality

--------------------
Fauna Attwood
Posted: Jul 1 2013, 09:48 AM

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,842

Full Name: Fauna Hestia Attwood
Position Applying For: Fifth Year Prefect
    Honestly, I'm not sure that I am, and I don't doubt that Miss Skye has applied and she's often been kinder to me than I suspect I've deserved so she should probably get the position and I wouldn't be at all upset. Well, perhaps a little. You see I've not been especially happy lately for obvious reasons and I suppose that Hogwarts has been something of a sanctuary. I've never been the most sociable student - I don't have very many friends - and sometimes I suspect even the staff get frustrated with me, but I love it at Hogwarts. I love my classes, especially herbology, and I admire my professors immensely and I think that I would love being a prefect too. If nothing else I'm a clever student who never fails to obey the rules! My grades have never sunk below an E, except for that one A but I promise it will never happen again, and I've never once been given a detention. And I think I'm capable of doing better! I suppose Mrs Mulciber isn't so bad and she seems determined to encourage my education and I think that I might even be able to be slightly happy in her home, even if it isn't my home. But if Miss Skye has applied then she is much better than me and I'll try not to be too disappointed if I'm unsuccessful.

--------------------
user posted image
PROFILE | PLAYED BY BEX | SET BY SOPH
Joseph Simpson
Posted: Jul 1 2013, 09:50 AM

Middle Class — Fifth Year
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,514

Full Name: Joseph Arthur Simpson
Social Class: Middleclass
Position Applying For: sixth-year male prefect
Why are you suited for this position? “I believe I will be a good prefect, because I am used to dealing with a large family, even with our quarrels they are not getting out of hand. I often help and look after my family, something I believe I will be able to do for the entire student body. I have acceptable grades, and like to think that my OWLs went very well. I am considering a career as a healer, something I have worked towards for a long time. I believe in equality, responsibility and respect. Words I live by.”

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

CREDIT: Graphic by Puppet. Nametag by Soph
Fortuna Lockhart
Posted: Jul 1 2013, 09:53 AM

Middle Class — Sixth Year, Prefect
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,730

Full Name: Fortuna Isabella Lockhart
Social Class: Middle Class
Position Applying For: Head Girl
    I would make a good Head Girl because I am intelligent and friendly. I have good leadership skills, I am good with people and I have no trouble meeting new people. I am friendly to my peers and I try to adapt in situations that I might not really like.

I am a great student who always enjoys helping out those who are in need. I have a younger brother, so I consider myself good with children and generally younger students. Due to my father and brother's condition, I have learnt the importance of not judging people for any flaws they might possess. I am an accepting person, but I consider myself proper as well. I would not tolerate rule-breakers, as it is very important to follow the rules and the etiquette.

--------------------

user posted image
PLAYED BY SOPH | THREADS

user posted image
Eva Sleptova
Posted: Jul 1 2013, 10:02 AM

Upper Class — Sixth Year
Group Icon

Member No.: 936

Full Name: Eva Nikolaevna Sleptova
Position Applying For: Head Girl
    I understand that the four female prefects would probably be far more fitting for this position, but I consider myself a good enough candidate. My ambitious nature would not let me not to give this a try, so I would be grateful if you at least considered me.

I have great social skills and I consider myself a good leader. I am generally a very social person and I try not to judge people unless they have ruined their repuations. I try to be friendly and encouraging to younger students. I am also very proper and I never go anywhere without a chaperone.

I also consider myself academically gifted, as I can produce a patronus.

--------------------

user posted image
PLAYED BY SOPH | JOURNAL | THREADS

Eva speaks with a Russian accent.

Fflur Hopkins
Posted: Jul 1 2013, 10:05 AM

Lower Class — Fourth Year
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,484

Full Name: Fflur Hopkins
Blood Status: Half-blood
Social Class: Lowerclass
Position Applying For: Fifth-year female prefect
Why are you suited for this position? “As a girl of a HUGE family, I have had my fair share of problems in my life, and I am still standing strong. I look after my family to the best of my abilities, to the point where I am willing to do ANYTHING to keep them safe. While my grades may not be the best, I am working very hard for them. I am able to handle anything people place in front of me, and is not afraid of get in the middle of things to stop people from fighting and eventually hurting each other.”

OOC note: If Fflur gets chosen something is wrong, because she is probably the worst possible candidate XD

--------------------
user posted image

CREDIT: Set by Soph. Nametag by Soph
Josiah Hatchitt
Posted: Jul 1 2013, 10:09 AM

Middle Class — Fourth Year, Keeper
Group Icon

Group: Hufflepuff
Member No.: 1,879

*keep in mind, he might be slightly exaggerating. xD

Full Name: Josiah “Levi” Hatchitt
Social Class: Middle Class
House: Hufflepuff
Position Applying For: Hufflepuff 5th year Prefect
    ”I believe that I am suited to the position of Prefect because I am a hardworking, trustworthy (...most of the time, anyway), and loyal young man. My grades are a bit on the average side, but they are by no means dreadful and I intend to keep them that way, or perhaps even raise them. At present, I am taking the following classes: the core classes plus Care of Magical Creatures and Ghoul Studies. If it means anything to whomever is reading this, I have been on the Hufflepuff Quidditch team as a Keeper for the past two school terms, and I am quite devoted to the sport as much as I am devoted to anything else I believe is important.

Though I am aware that becoming Prefect is a big responsibility, I do hereby swear that I will try my utmost to live up to the expectations that would be expected of me, and if I shall not be declared Prefect, then I suppose that it is the attempt to apply that counts.”

--------------------
user posted imageavatar & signature created by the talented hymn

~ PLAYED BY MIRI ~
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register for Free

» OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3  » Locked » New Topic » New Poll

• Affiliates
  • Topsites
Affiliates

Aeterna Roma  The Vow

Keep the Magic Secret Distant Fantasies 

Priori Incantatem Forsilvra: An Original Fantasy RPG HOS The Beginning HG Rayven's Reign: A  Fantasy Roleplaying Forum

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0543 seconds · Archive