Eleora Quinn Etherium née Asperhand
Nicknames: Aunt Yora to Meer's sons, as "Eleora" is a bit of a mouthful and Eleora is a complete softie when it comes to her cousin's children.
Other than that, she has never felt that others shortening her name was proper.
Birthdate: December 10, 1862
Current Age: 20
Occupation: Freelance Daily Prophet Writer
Hogwarts House: Slytherin
- Ivy | More commonly referred to as vine, ivy is an uncommon wand wood. Appropriate for a witch with hidden depths, vine can react to the right owner simply entering the room. While this was not the case when Eleora purchased her wand, she has not failed to live up to the reputation that owners of ivy wands tend to astonish those around them. Symbolically, ivy stands for fidelity -- a trait that Eleora shares with her wand.
- Unicorn Tail Hair | Eleora has a deep, personal connection with the unicorn and even produces a patronus in that shape. As a wand core, unicorn hair is consistent and loyal, as is Eleora. While there is not much in the way of sheer power from a unicorn hair wand, Eleora's tendency to diligently care for her wand has forged a strong bond between witch and wand.
- Ten Inches | While not precisely of small personality, Eleora is reserved; she is also small in stature, which makes a delicate wand appropriate for her to wield.
- Flexible | Eleora is flexible, but hardly a pushover. She tends to bend as is necessary and change as new ideas are presented to her. She adapts, and is stronger for it.
Social Class: Upper Class
Title: Countess of the Enchanted Forests of Scotland and Wales
- Artemidoros Descendo Etherium, 1862, husband
- Fergus Cailean Asperhand, 1835, father
- Audra Elenore Asperhand née Gavin, 1843, mother
- Etana Beitris Asperhand, 1865, sister
- Evangeline Ailsa Asperhand, 1865, sister
Named NPC Staff and House Elves:
- Calixte, 1866, female, pony owned 1868 to 1874
· a gift when Eleora was six and showed definitive signs of magic
· disappeared when Eleora first started Hogwarts
- Aretha, 1874, female, an 'elegant Egyptian cat' (Abyssinian)
· Eleora received Aretha when she first started at Hogwarts
· Aretha had a litter of mixed breed kittens in Eleora's fifth year
- Saoirse, 1875, female, a well-mannered mare who is broken for riding
· a Christmas gift from Artemidoros after the betrothal was finalized
- Hedwig Sparrow, 1855, Eleora's lady's maid
- Blanche, 1847, female house elf
- Tilly, 1859, female house elf
Diminutive is the best word to describe Eleora. Standing all of five feet high, she weighs several pounds shy of a full hundred and is slim enough that she does not really need a corset – not that she would ever be caught without one. Her hair, a dark shade of brown with obvious shine in the light, hangs to her hips when she is tending to it. She has dark eyes as well, set in a doll like face with a porcelain complexion. The porcelain doll illusion is continued in her hair and clothing, both of which are perfectly fashionable. She loves hats and luxurious fabrics. She especially loves pearls, silk, and cashmere; her favorite color is cerise, and shades of red and other bright colors look very striking on her. She is left handed, but also sometimes wields her wand on the right as there is a stigma against sinstrality.
History: The oldest daughter of a second son, Eleora was born into luxury on the Asperhand family estate, and was followed into life two years later by her twin sisters Etana and Evangeline. Things were starting to become a little pinched, but her mother's parents died under mysterious circumstances while Audra was pregnant with her fourth child, the stress of which caused her to miscarry. The only daughter of the Gavin family, Audra inherited everything and her family moved to Wales and the Gavin estate. She was raised by a parade of nurses and governesses, the faces frequently changing as her father found fault with one witch after another. During this time, although she was completely ignored by her parents, Eleora developed a strong fondness for the piano as well as showing a distinctive talent for the womanly arts of embroidery and sewing.
As she began to think of herself as a young woman (far before anyone else would consider her anything but a girl) she began to chaff at the fact that she was constantly treated like a child. Fashion became a refuge for her, and she learned the rules of looking like a lady so that she could express herself in her appearance. Perhaps that was what prompted her father, in a rare moment of attention shined on his daughter, to give her a lavish pearl necklace when she left for Hogwarts. He called her his “little Slytherin,” and sent her off to be Sorted. For years afterward she wore the necklace on a daily basis.
It was in her first year that Eleora met Artemidoros, and they became friends and confidants. Eventually Artemidoros quietly asked his family to start negotiating with hers about a betrothal contract, and the betrothal was finalized when they were fifteen. A little more than a year later, before they would be separated for a year while Eleora completed her schooling, Artemidoros proposed. Given a chance to accept or decline the suit of her own will, Eleora accepted.
During her seventh year, Eleora took a first year Slytherin by the name of Declan Wood under her wing. By the end of the year she promised employment to Declan and his family once she married Artemidoros. Near the end of her seventh year, Eleora successfully completed her animagus transformation. Much to her delight, both Meer and Artemidoros were present for her first transformation.
Eleora and Artemidoros married on August 31, 1881.
Personality: Intelligent and ambitious, Eleora is very much a Slytherin. Her ambitions are not so much grandiose as deeply personal; even though she would love to be thought of as socially great, she yearns more for a happy home and a loving family. She is very feminine, delicate with a fondness for fashion, music, and the language of the fans. Raised to be intensely proper, she only lets herself let her guard down around her fiancé. There is a fragile, hopeful quality to her personality, and she finds every excuse she can to take Artemidoros's handkerchief as a reminder of their relationship. She does not get close to people easily, because even when she is being friendly she is guarded. Being the center of attention is highly attractive to her, the main reason that she loves being a hostess.
Animagus: Violet-Crowned Woodnymph
Boggart: Her mother with her face; Eleora fears being trapped in an unhappy marriage, and even her own positive relationship with Artemidoros is not enough to completely destroy this fear.
Amortentia: Clean sweat, vague hints of cinnamon and bay, and the smell of Artemidoros's scented handkerchief.
Sample Roleplay Post:
Almost everyone at the party was taller than Eleora was, which was not exactly the greatest aide as she pretended not to she was not eagerly looking for her fiancé. She was dressed in a brilliant red gown, happy for the excuse to wear less muted colors, and wrapped with furs. Still, she was not the most visible of sights, seeing as most of the crowd (including her chaperone) was taller than she was. It was a frustrating fact of her life, but one that she usually refused to admit to having any effect on her.
Attempting to hold her face as still as possible, the young lady let her eyes dart around the crowd as she stood with her flower ornamented fan moving slowly. She wished they had come together, but it was too late to change their plans now.
Her gaze was attracted by a flash of red. She raised her fan almost instinctively to hide a sudden, bright smile; she could not seem to keep from having emotion spring to her face whenever she sighted her fiancé. Schooling her expression to a much more civilized one, she tried to think of a way to attract his attention without jumping up and down like an uncivilized harpy.
She wanted to press the handle of her fan immediately to her lips, but such a display in a public place -- especially one as crowded as this -- would have been embarrassingly inappropriate. It would have been a wasted gesture, anyway, as he had not seen her yet. Well, she would simply have to move herself into his view so that they would not be forced to press their desire to see each other into the faces of those around them.
Moving casually with her chaperon at her side, Eleora started in a path towards Artemidoros without focusing on him. It was hard not to stare at him; they had been separated for too long. They had planned to meet, but still they had too keep up appearances and not appear overly eager ... but there were no better words to describe the way that Eleora was feeling at that moment.