Index  ·   Newbie Guide  ·   Helpful Links  ·   Character Master List  ·   Search  ·   Members  ·   Staff  ·   Cbox
Welcome to Charming!
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

· CALENDAR ·
July 1883

4: 12: 19: 26:
S M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
· CURRENT EVENTS ·
M.D
EVENT
07.01 07.21 QWC: France vs. Japan
07.01 07.15 Student Staff Applications
07.10 Thread Roulette
07.13 Maroc's Greek Mythology Costume Ball
07.31 Student Staff Announced
07.01 07.31 July Writing Challenge
07.01 07.31 Posting Wizard of the Month
· NEWS ·
07.25 @ 10:07am
Reminder: Posting and new registration abilities will be turned OFF tomorrow 07/26 at 6pm CST as we begin the moving process. The cbox will still work - you can check there for updates or our tumblr.

07.23 @ 6:13pm
In preparation for the move, all active Coming Out Ball threads have been moved to The Past forum.

07.21 @ 12:07pm
Just a reminder that we are moving in 5 days! If this is news to you, read up on it here! Posting Wizard signups for August are now open!

07.15 @ 11:19pm
The deactivations for the July activity check have been completed with list cleanup underway; for reactivations, please post in Maintenence.

07.10 @ 10:25am
This month's thread roulette pairings have been posted!

07.07 @ 11:54am
Check out our latest newsletter for some big news!

07.01 @ 9:28am
We are now in the month of July. Congrats to Beanie and Lauren, who won posting wizard of June with 82 and 132 posts respectively!

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) » Reply » New Topic

»  Forget-Me-Not, Open
Delphinia Allaird
Posted: Dec 20 2011, 10:21 PM

Upper Class

Group: Inactive
Member No.: 181

December 17th, 1881

Maybe I like it this way
It had been a long while, far too long a while since Elphy had last visited her father's humble little grave. She hadn't have much time to visit it when she had been employed as a maid but once work was no longer a necessity, she had tried her hardest to visit but of course there were so often excuses not to and as a result, she couldn't help but feel guilty about it. She had been exceptionally fond of her father despite not having much time with him and the way he had looked when she had walked in to find him dead... It was still very much imprinted in her mind.

There was a small bouquet of flowers clasped tightly in her hand as she entered the cemetery. She didn't need to look around to know where she was going, her feet effortlessly (struggling against the snow at times) sought out the right path and lead her to a certain headstone which she first had to brush free of snow. 'Lorenzo Pellegrino Roselli - 1832 - 1880' Delphinia knelt down next to it, still holding the flowers she had created via magic, close. "Mi manchi papà. Suppongo che tu non mi riconosci, vero? Mi sono sposato, padre. Penso che tu lo desideri. Lui è italiano e molto ricco quindi sarò sempre curato, ma la parte migliore è che lo amo. Vorrei che tu potessi mi hanno dato via, mi sei mancata terribilmente al mio matrimonio, sarebbe stato perfetto sei stato lì." There were tears in her eyes by this point. Looking down at the flowers in her hand, she slowly lowered them to the grave. "Questi sono per te."

She remained knelt there at the graveside, the flowers now nestled neatly beneath the headstone. Elphy had spent several months worth of food money on the headstone at the time; she had pointedly refused to give him a shabby burial marker. She had presumed she was alone in the graveyard, not aware of the other presence nearby, nor was she really aware of the icy coldness of the snow she was surrounded by.

Translation 1: I miss you father. I suppose you don't recognize me, do you? I got married, father. I think you would like him. He's Italian and very wealthy so I'll always be looked after but the best part is I love him. I wish you could have given me away, I missed you dreadfully at my wedding, it would have been perfect had you been there.
Translation 2: These are for you

Tag: Open Outfit Words: 352
created by kay of caution and sds

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
Fanny Blackwood
Posted: Dec 29 2011, 09:58 PM

Lower Class
Group Icon

Group: Elsewhere
Member No.: 684

Forget-me-not
The sun was reaching it’s zenith behind the clouds when a little girl no older than five years of age approached a newly wrought large memorial statue of an angel in the center of the Asphodel Cemetery. At the angels feet flowers, only days old at best, had been placed very carefully. The little girls fingers traced words engraved into the statue, her mouth moving to form each word and very slowly she said:

“ Micajah Silas Wakefield, December 17th 1851- August 27 188. Husband and Father. He will be missed.” She paused at that, her brain doing the mental calculation as she realised, that it would’ve been the man’s birthday today. She took her finger away and sighed.

“Happy Birthday, Mister Wakefield.” She said in a low voice and then realised that she might not be behaving properly to somebody who her mistress loved, gingerly she placed the pale blue wild flowers down next to the other flowers and knelt as she had practiced with her mother when they prayed. She squeezed her eyes together and put her hands together.

“Hello Mister Wakefield. Mama says that your the papa of the babies in the nursery and that you never got to see them because you died.” Mary Frances Blackwood, better known as Fanny, paused and thought about what she was going to say next.

“They are very loud but they are also very good, and since it’s Christmas soon I thought perhaps you could come see them then because Mama says Christmas is a time for miracles. If you do come you have to visit the babies mama because she’s very sad and because you married her you shouldn’t make her sad.” Fanny thought for a moment about what else she had to say when she heard a woman’s voice saying words she didn’t quite understand. She made herself say goodbye to Mister Wakefield because she decided she had said enough and curiously followed the woman’s voice.

A woman with beautiful red hair stood at a nearby grave speaking in that strange language that had originally distracted the young girl and Fanny waited until after the woman had finished because she’d been told that it was rude to interrupt but after some time had passed she couldn’t wait any longer and asked:

“Are you saying a spell?” She asked, her eyes wide with curiosity.

notes: uh...
made by Emily exclusively for Charming

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
user posted image
Delphinia Allaird
Posted: Dec 30 2011, 12:08 AM

Upper Class

December 17th, 1881

Maybe I like it this way
She desperately wished her father were still alive. They had had so little time together, only the summer months out of Hogwarts and Christmas time. It was not enough time and yet there was nothing she could do about it now. The sound of a small child's voice brought her straight out of her melancholy. She looked over her shoulder in surprise, a hand flying to her face to wipe away the tears quickly before they could be seen. She gave the child a look of confusion for a brief moment before she put two and two together that she was referring to the fact that she had been talking in Italian and of course the girl had probably never heard it before.

"No, I ain't. It's Italian." Elphy was genuinely rather good with children though having been caught in the midst of mourning, she was a little discombobulated and out of sorts, her thoughts still lingering on her dearly departed father. Sniffling a little, she debated whether to get to her feet but was then made suddenly aware that the little girl was quite without parent, nurse or nanny. "Are you 'ere all by y'self?" she asked, slowly distracting from the sad state of her father.

She could neither hear nor see anyone else in the cemetery and could only conclude that the child was lost. By the looks of her clothing she was certainly no orphan or street urchin - not to mention she looked far too clean to Elphy. Would she be expected to return the little girl to her home - wherever that was - or would leaving her to be found by her... by whomever was responsible for her, be a better idea? She wasn't sure.

Tag: Fanny Outfit Words: 290

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
Fanny Blackwood
Posted: Jan 2 2012, 05:20 PM

Lower Class
Group Icon

forget me not
It was Italian the woman said and Fanny nodded knowledgeably... though she didn't didn't have a clue what Italian was. Was that a language? It sounded magical.... so was it type of spell or something. She scrunched up her face.

"What's Italian?" She ventured after a moment, as she stopped screwing up her face and looking with wide eyed innocence at the woman who had such pretty hair.

She noticed the woman sniffing, and dug into her little pockets for a hankerchief. Her mother never let her leave home without one and while she wasn't sure if the lady before her would care for one that wasn't pretty like the noble women use she still held it out to the lady and shook her head.

"No...." She said slowly and looked around until she spotted one of the servants who stood infront of a gravesite with a shabby burial marker some distance off.

"I came with him." She said brightly, pointing. "He's visiting his wife and I was getting bored at home. He always comes on his day off so I wanted to come too and he let me." She paused for a moment wondering if she could share her reason for wanting to come but the woman looked trustworthy and Fanny decided that of course she could.

"I came here to tell Mister Wakefield that he gots to visit on Christmas because the it's a special day and your supposed to get the day off on special days like that." She whispered to the other woman and gave a quick nod.

"But Shhhh." She said holding her finger to her lips "It's a secret. It's gots to be a surprise for Missus Wakefield because she's really sad and it'll make her really happy."

tag: here | outfit: here | notes: here

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
user posted image
Delphinia Allaird
Posted: Jan 4 2012, 06:50 PM

Upper Class

Maybe I like it this way
Frowning to herself quite suddenly, she realized she had been quite careless with her speech. It was all very fine and well when she was speaking Italian and wasn't plagued by poor pronunciation but now that she was supposed to be refining herself she had to be more careful. She found it most tiresome but she wanted very much to improve.

Elphy had simply presumed the little girl would know what she was speaking of and upon finding out that she apparently did not, she could not help but give the slightest of chuckles for it seemed so very strange that she should not. "It is the language that is spoken in Italy." Contrary to how she had spoken only moments earlier, she now made more effort and spoke with deliberation making sure to try and sound out each and every vowel and consonant properly.

She looked down at the offered handkerchief, a little taken aback by the act of kindness. She still wasn't used to it. Wasn't yet accustomed to others being kind to her after years of only seeing the unkindness in others who looked down on her. Elphy gave the girl a small smile, "That is very kind o' you but you should keep it. I am alrigh'."

Looking to where the girl gestured, Delphinia was suddenly aware that her assumption that she had been alone had definitely been wrong. She was glad, however, that the child was not lost for that would be a situation she had no desire to be in charge of. Upon hearing that the little girl had been - or so she assumed - visiting to tell some dead man that he should pay a visit to his widow, she gave the girl a rather blank look, not sure what she ought to say to her. She knew from personal experience that children had vivid imaginations but her mother had always dealt with such in the form of a good cuff on the back of the head. Elphy had earned plenty of such scoldings as a young child but she didn't feel that sort of reaction was at all the sort she should give, certainly not. "Per'ap-" she cut herself off as soon as she noticed her mistake. "Perhaps me father will do the same... Well I shan't tell your Mrs. Wakefield an' ruin the s'pri- surprise." Though she had not shed the accent of yet, she could at least make attempts to pronunciate properly despite the difficulty it posed to her.

Tag: Fanny Outfit Words: 417

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
Fanny Blackwood
Posted: Jan 5 2012, 11:05 PM

Lower Class
Group Icon

forget me not
The tiny girl frowned and tucked her handkerchief back into her pockets, making the resolution that when she got back home she'd ask her mother, or maybe look it up in one of the big books in the library she'd find out more about this place called Italy. She hoped it wasn't too far away and that maybe some day, when she had time, and a map, she could walk to it and visit. She'd have to take provisions or something - maybe if she asked cook the older woman would make her a hamper, and she'd probably also have to know the language... but it would be fun especially if they all spoke such a strange and bizarre language.

She listened to attentively to the womans next words trying to see how this 'It-a-li-an' language worked and it was only after a while that she noticed that the red haired lady had to correct herself constantly. She had an accent that Fanny hadn't heard of before and spoke funny. She wondered if this was how people who spoke Italian sounded when they spoke normally in words that everybody else could understand. Maybe this was also Italian? She wondered.

Her eyes wandered to the grave where the woman said her father was buried. Fanny wasn't stupid. She could easily put it together that the woman had been crying about her father. She wondered if she had known her father if she would've cried over him. It was a bizarre thought because Fanny hadn't really thought about her father before then. The knowledge that he'd been there had always just... rested on the back of mind. She felt glum about it.

"I'm sure he will." She said quite glumly, all excitement now forgotten.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
user posted image
Delphinia Allaird
Posted: Jan 6 2012, 01:37 PM

Upper Class

Maybe I like it this way
Elphy noticed the small child seemed considerably less chirpy than she had minutes earlier and she was quite sure it was her fault that that was the case. Not wanting to upset the girl, she bit her lip in thought as to what she could do or say to make the poor thing smile. Unfortunately she had not got anything sweet to give the girl and though she had once been more than capable of taking care of a group of small children, it had been a very long time since then and there was something slightly different about dealing with sisters and brothers than a child she had never met before.

"Are y' exci'e- excited for Chris'mas?" she suddenly asked the little girl, assuming the topic of Christmas would cheer her. Why she assumed such a thing when Christmases had never been something she anticipated with excitement in her early childhood was unknown to her. That being said, she could honestly say since turning eleven, Christmases had grown increasingly better.

"I bet you 'ave plen'y 'f toys waitin' for you." She smiled slightly, hoping the change of topic towards something wholly more cheerful and merry would better the girl's mood.

Tag: Fanny Outfit Words: 199

OOC: Blergh it's short and nasty. Sorry!

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
Fanny Blackwood
Posted: Jan 9 2012, 04:28 AM

Lower Class
Group Icon

christmas
Fanny scuffed one shoe against one of her legs and realised that her mother would probably scold her for the marks she might've inadvertently left behind. She still felt glum and tried to smile brightly for the other woman. It wasn't a good smile but her mother had told her quite firmly one day that nothing would ever be accomplished by crying and moaning and feeling sorry for herself. [She'd said these words after one of the babies had woken Fanny up exceedingly early and she was feeling jealous and grumpy but Fanny had taken those particular words to heart].

She tilted her head to the side and asked in a curious voice.

"Why would there be toys waiting for me?"

Her mother had explained quite clearly why Christmas was important. It was the day that a very the son of god was born and she'd read the story of the nativity to Fanny. She especially like how the three wizards had come later and given gifts to the baby. Her mother hadn't said anything about Christmas having anything to do with toys though... she tried to remember if last Christmas had involved toys and she vaguely remembered getting some lollies from the big Honey store and clothes. She'd never gotten toys before...

[1] Fanny got a doll for christmas from her mother.
OOC:... *stares up at post* short and nasty... what a nice description...

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
user posted image
Delphinia Allaird
Posted: Jan 12 2012, 09:05 PM

Upper Class

Maybe I like it this way
Delphinia mentally chastised herself for presuming the girl would get toys. Why she did when as a small child she had never received new toys for Christmas, she didn't know. She supposed she had just assumed that because the girl seemed dressed better than a pauper that she must be from a family capable of purchasing new things for the children. She hoped the girl would not be upset more by her rather careless assumption. Delphinia struggled to think of what to say in response to the girl, not finding there to be an obvious answer. "Sometimes... people get gifts at Christmas," she began slowly, concentrating more on her pronunciation than what she was saying in an effort to try and distract from the fact that she hadn't a clue what to say.

"Toys... or... Or second helpin's of dinner." Looking around awkwardly, she paid no mind to the fact that she was trying to have a conversation on an equal level with a child who couldn't be older than five years. While her mother might have been condescending toward her, the only children she had been around were her own siblings and she hadn't spoken any different to them than to anyone else. "Or sweets..." she suddenly added as an after thought, though she had never received any of those mentioned when she lived with her siblings. Her father on the other hand, he had given her far better Christmases but money was still tight and by then toys were not of as much importance to her.

Tag: Fanny Outfit Words: 257

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
Fanny Blackwood
Posted: Jan 20 2012, 03:14 PM

Lower Class
Group Icon

Short
Fanny's mood instantly brightened, and her face glowed with excitement.

"Last year mama gave me a HUGE pile of sweets!" She said pulling her arms as wide as she could trying to indicate the size of the pile of sweets she got. She was exaggerating, of course but an entire year had passed since last Christmas, and as each month had passed the memory of her Christmas sweets grew in size. She smiled as hard as she could.

There was something she could be excited about.

She grinned up at the red haired I-tali-an woman. "Are you excited for Christmas? Do you get lots of toys and sweets miss... " She fumbled, and realized that she'd been a little impolite.

"Mrs.. ms..." She tried to think of the appropriate address, made worse by the fact that she hadn't asked for the woman's name and had started the conversation spontaneously.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
user posted image
Delphinia Allaird
Posted: Jan 21 2012, 09:16 PM

Upper Class

Maybe I like it this way
She could have easily given a sigh of relief as the little girl appeared to cheer up considerably. Thank goodness the little thing was not so melancholy looking. "Aren't you a lucky girl?" she remarked, cringing inwardly as her accent seeped into her words. It was far more challenging than she had first anticipated. the whole learning how to speak English again.

She hadn't even noticed that the girl had been impolite - she had said far worse when she had been Fanny's age. "I don't usually ge' much, but I think this year migh' be differ'nt, so I am excited, yes." She genuinely found herself anticipating Christmas with excitement as she had only few times before. Her father had made Christmas far better than Christmases with her mother, George and her step-siblings.

The poor little thing seemed to be struggling for something to call her and it then also dawned on Delphinia that she hadn't introduced herself, nor requested the little girl's name. "Where are me- my manners! I am Mrs. Allaird, what might I go about callin' you?"

Tag: Fanny Outfit Words: 178

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
Fanny Blackwood
Posted: Jan 23 2012, 05:42 PM

Lower Class
Group Icon

Fanny grinned. "Missus Ally-ard, Mrs. Alli-yard, Mrs. All-ard, Mrs. Allaird." She said turning the name over on her tongue several times before she succeeded getting the pronunciation right.

"That's very pretty." She said once she'd said the word Allaird several times in the correct pronunciation.

"My name is," and she stuck her chin out in the air rather proud of herself. "Mary Frances Blackwood." She had to take a large gulping breath after she'd finished pronouncing that but after she'd finished she amended herself.

"But mama calls me Fanny, and so does everybody else on account of the fact that according to her I'm not respectable enough to be a Mary," She screwed up her nose at the idea of being respectable enough to be called Mary. She didn't like that particular idea at all.

"and Frances sounds so... boring." She pursed her lips, only momentarily halted in a stream of chatter that was bubbling from her stomach in excitement.

"Wait! If your a missus does that mean your married? Is he a nice man? Do you love him? Are you going to have children and- and-" She hiccuped.

"and lots and lots-" She hiccuped again, "of babies? You should-" She hiccuped a third time, "-because they'll all have beautiful red hair like yours." She hiccuped again.

notes: uh... crappy post... she was feeling excited... and it's hard to regulate it when she wants chatter.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
user posted image
Delphinia Allaird
Posted: Jan 27 2012, 11:29 AM

Upper Class

Maybe I like it this way
Delphinia couldn't help but outright laugh at the fact Mary's had to be respectable. Her mother shared the same name and Elphy would be no means call her 'respectable', she herself was living proof of that fact. "Not respectable 'nough t' be called Mary?" she repeated with amusement, unable to help herself. "Me own mother is called Mary and she ain't respectable in the sligh'est!" she exclaimed, forgetting herself completely in her own amusement. "I think your name is very pretty. Certainly easier t' spell than Delphinia. Took me weeks t' learn 'ow to spell it righ'."

She remembered herself again quite abruptly, however, when the little girl drew her mind back to her marital status. She blushed at the girl's forwardness though she found it rather cute. "I am married, yes. Got married las' month in fact! An' I s'pose we will 'ave children..." The matter of children had no surfaced much at all in Elphy's mind since marrying, in fact she was almost convinced it had been more of a topic before marriage than it was now; before marriage she had been desperate to avoid children for repeating her mother's mistakes had been something she wanted to avoid at all costs. Now she couldn't make them.

"Don' know if they'll 'ave red 'air though, me 'usband don't, see... Though me own father didn't 'ave red hair either..." Her speech was rapidly declining as monitoring herself was quickly forgotten. "Do you 'ave lots of brother 'n sisters then?"

Tag: Fanny Outfit Words: 247

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
Fanny Blackwood
Posted: Jan 29 2012, 11:14 PM

Lower Class
Group Icon

Fanny bubbled at the idea of little red-haired babies. They would be soooo beautiful, especially if they were related to this woman. Maybe they'd speak like her as well, all funny... with words that meant different things.

Her eyes grew wide at the idea that Mrs. Allaird's mother was called Mary and then even wider still as she surmised that Mrs. Allaird's first name was Delphinia.

"But your name is soooo very pretty." She bubbled, and hiccuped. "It's kinda like saying dolphin but ten... no twenty times better."

She perked up even further at the mention of a wedding.

"Did you have a beautiful wedding? Was everybody dressed all prettily? Did you get to have," She looked over at the servant who was quite some distance away.

"Cake?" She said in a lowered voice. Fanny wasn't allowed to have cake. Cake, and the ingredients for cake did not come cheaply and the houses that she stayed at cake was reserved first for the upperclass families, and their friends, and then for the higher servants. There was never any left when it came to Fanny's turn, and as the daughter of the wetnurse she ranked very low indeed on the hierarchy. It was a mysterious thing that she knew to be beautiful and to taste beautiful - because why else would she not be allowed to have it?

She perked up at the mention of siblings.

"I have lots!" She said proudly and proceeded to list them on her fingers.

"There is Elpis - he only came recently and is really loud, and then there are the twins Lottie and Levi. Lottie's not as loud as Elpis but she's still loud, and they are both way louder than Levi. And then before them was - " And she proceeded to name two other names and mentioning that she didn't remember much about them at all.

"And that's all of them." She said with the biggest grin.

notes: uh... she's still got the hiccups?

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
user posted image
Delphinia Allaird
Posted: Feb 3 2012, 09:32 AM

Upper Class

Maybe I like it this way
Elphy grinned as her name earned her a compliment. She really rather wished her mother had just called her Delphine and been done with it. Why she had to go and over complicate it so it just sounded plain outright pretentious, she didn't know. Well, she did know but she didn't think it a good enough excuse, after all having an overly pretentious name didn't guarantee one a life of luxury when one was born so low. Elphy had simply been lucky and it had nothing to do with her name.

"It ain't so nice when you 'ave to spell it and remind people it's Delphinia 'n not Delphine or Delphina." She could remember when she had lived with her mother and half-siblings, before being disowned as a little child, when she'd occasionally have one of the neighbors scoff at her name and declare it affected and tasteless. It certainly hadn't helped at the time that she had a blaze of red hair to accompany her burden of a name for they had been the superstitious sort who believed all the myths about redheads and not the good ones.

Cake. Elphy could count the amount of times she had eaten it on one hand. "Yes, there was cake there an' it were pretty and everyone was dressed all lovely like..." She still wished her father could have been there.

Elphy's eyebrows raised in surprise, "I think you migh' 'ave me beat! I 'ave eight siblings... Well, half siblings."

Tag: Fanny Outfit Words: 246

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

» OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  » Reply » New Topic

• Affiliates
  • Topsites
Affiliates

Aeterna Roma  The Vow

Keep the Magic Secret Distant Fantasies 

Priori Incantatem Forsilvra: An Original Fantasy RPG HOS The Beginning HG Rayven's Reign: A  Fantasy Roleplaying Forum

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3177 seconds | Archive