Index  ·   Newbie Guide  ·   Helpful Links  ·   Character Master List  ·   Search  ·   Members  ·   Staff  ·   Cbox
Welcome to Charming!
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free

· CALENDAR ·
July 1883

4: 12: 19: 26:
S M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
· CURRENT EVENTS ·
M.D
EVENT
07.01 07.21 QWC: France vs. Japan
07.01 07.15 Student Staff Applications
07.10 Thread Roulette
07.13 Maroc's Greek Mythology Costume Ball
07.31 Student Staff Announced
07.01 07.31 July Writing Challenge
07.01 07.31 Posting Wizard of the Month
· NEWS ·
07.25 @ 10:07am
Reminder: Posting and new registration abilities will be turned OFF tomorrow 07/26 at 6pm CST as we begin the moving process. The cbox will still work - you can check there for updates or our tumblr.

07.23 @ 6:13pm
In preparation for the move, all active Coming Out Ball threads have been moved to The Past forum.

07.21 @ 12:07pm
Just a reminder that we are moving in 5 days! If this is news to you, read up on it here! Posting Wizard signups for August are now open!

07.15 @ 11:19pm
The deactivations for the July activity check have been completed with list cleanup underway; for reactivations, please post in Maintenence.

07.10 @ 10:25am
This month's thread roulette pairings have been posted!

07.07 @ 11:54am
Check out our latest newsletter for some big news!

07.01 @ 9:28am
We are now in the month of July. Congrats to Beanie and Lauren, who won posting wizard of June with 82 and 132 posts respectively!

» Reply » New Topic

»  Park-time Slumber, Open!
Abraham Aesalon
Posted: Jun 29 2013, 04:23 PM

Middle Class — Assistant Manager at The Hog's Head
Group Icon

Group: Hogsmeade
Member No.: 594

Ah, Padmore Park. A nice place for her lunch that she was taking. She had thirty or so minutes to eat before she had to head back to work so she didn't waste any time in getting out the sandwhich she had prepared for herself as long as a glass bottle of pumpkin juice. It was nothing extravagant - just something to get her through the rest of the day - and she was very hungry indeed. Spawn made her eat like a pig and Abe feared she'd be eternally fat because of how much she seemed to eat in comparison to when she wasn't pregnant.

She took a seat on a bench and tore into her sandwhich, finishing it relatively quickly and by then just looking around at the bird as they flew. She was tired and wondered if she could just rest her eyes for a bit until she had to return to work. It would only be closing her eyes...she wouldn't fall asleep. Yes, just close her eyes and let herself think of nothing and just listen to the birds and the hustle and bustle of people walking throughout the park. Calm herself down then return to work. That was all she'd meant to do but when she opened her eyes on what felt like only moments later she found herself laying sideways on the bench, sky dimmer than before.

Sitting up hastily she noticed someone who had apparently been regarding her. She rubbed her eyes and looked at them. "Oh um...what?" She asked sleepily, cursing herself mentally because she hadn't meant to fall asleep at all. What was Devon going to think? She doubted he'd fire her - he liked her as far as she could tell - but it still wasn't good that she'd fallen asleep. Merlin damn it all.

--------------------
squib. seventeen. resentful. rude. tomboy. fearful. secretly insecure. née trelawney.
user posted image
user posted image
About Abe
GORGEOUS SET BY LOLA<3

user posted image user posted image user posted image

Pregnancy Ticker

Abe wears boys clothes, namely Leo's hand-me-down stuff. It's usually ill fitting because she's slender and only 4'9".
Martha Skeeter
Posted: Jun 30 2013, 05:55 AM

Middle Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,808

Martha thought she must have taken more walks in the last few months than she had in her entire life before but the solitude of the house during the summer was strangely unbearable. Tamsin and Thompson were much more sociable creatures than she had imagined and though she had envisioned a summer spent taking them on trips and enjoying one of the last summers when they were hers they had friends to visit and homework to complete and she felt obliged to get out of the house and enjoy the sunshine.

The park had been a blessing and she had lost track of the number of times she had trod the same path in the last few weeks, picnic basket clutched in her arms and looking for a nice spot to sit with her book. There was usually a bench to be found but they all seemed to be rather occupied today and full with it, apart from one.

The young woman was dozing and Martha had been pregnant enough times herself to recognise the swell under the woman's clothes quickly enough. Oh, the poor thing! She must be terribly exhausted if she'd taken to sleeping on a park bench and Martha reached out to gently squeeze her shoulder until she roused.

"I said, are you quite alright dear?"

She nodded pointedly towards the girl's stomach, knowing one could never be too careful.

--------------------
user posted image
set by Bex
Abraham Aesalon
Posted: Jul 3 2013, 12:06 PM

Group Icon

The woman was nicely dressed and Abe wondered for a moment why she'd even bothered waking her. Then she remembered she was pregnant and she guessed that garnered sympathy even from more proper type people. Because Abe looked anything but proper with short, fluffy hair and wearing hand-me-downs from her brother and Ev. Nevertheless she gave a slight smile and stretched slightly, her back aching because bench sleeping wasn't exactly ideal.

"Yes, I'm fine...I must have dozed off after I finished my lunch." She said with a bit of embarrassment. How could she be so stupid?! She'd only meant to close her eyes for a spell and sit there thinking about the world and she'd ended up falling asleep. She'd surely have to make it up to Devon. She was sure she'd still have her job but well he wouldn't be terribly happy that she'd skipped out on the last half of her schedule and it was too late to even bother going back at all.

SORRY ITS SHORT DDALDJAG

--------------------
squib. seventeen. resentful. rude. tomboy. fearful. secretly insecure. née trelawney.
user posted image
user posted image
About Abe
GORGEOUS SET BY LOLA<3

Pregnancy Ticker

Abe wears boys clothes, namely Leo's hand-me-down stuff. It's usually ill fitting because she's slender and only 4'9".
Martha Skeeter
Posted: Jul 3 2013, 01:43 PM

Middle Class
Group Icon

To begin with the obvious swell of the stomach had been the only indication Martha had had that the person was indeed female but now the light voice confirmed that she hadn’t just inadvertently insulted a portly young man with delicate features. The clothes were more masculine than most of her sons frequently wore but Martha, coming from the bohemian household she had before becoming a Skeeter, had never judged people unduly and she didn’t now when the poor girl looked around in something of a daze.

Slipping onto the bench at the unoccupied end she balanced her basket on her lap and smiled kindly. Reaching inside she pulled out the neatly wrapped up biscuits that she had taken from the kitchen earlier: they had gotten rather broken on the way to the park but Martha had always thought they were nicer like that.

“You’re not overdoing it are you?”

She raised a wry eyebrow and offered her biscuit tin to the girl.

“I’ve had six myself and I know how it can be. I was bored out of my tree but my husband would barely let me do anything and I didn’t listen to him and ended up falling asleep at dinner.”

--------------------
user posted image
set by Bex
Abraham Aesalon
Posted: Jul 3 2013, 01:50 PM

Group Icon

Abe was a bit surprised at her continuing niceness. When she offered some biscuits Abe just said a soft "No thank you" and listened to her speak. A part of Abe had wished she didn't have to work - she was dead tired every day - but she was the one that brought in the most money as the assistant manager. While Eze wasn't exactly wanting for money bringing in an over-payment of three galleons weekly, they did have to afford all the niceties that she was starting to like in their Bartonburg home. Like a maid that came in a few times a week to clean up. And then when Spawn was born they'd need a nanny to help out when they worked.

"I don't think I really have a choice." She said with a slight shrug. "Won't be long until Sp-" she cut herself off, knowing it would look weird if she called her babe that, "...the babe arrives." She finished, hoping the woman wouldn't notice what she'd been about to say. "I'm kind of my husbands boss now so I have some responsibilities." She didn't know why she was talking to the woman but she seemed nice and easy to talk to. Besides she'd sort of brought it on herself. "And we only just got married so we can use all the money we can get." It had been almost three months but really, that wasn't very long at all. Not when they had the rest of their lives to go through together.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
About Abe
GORGEOUS SET BY LOLA<3

Pregnancy Ticker

Martha Skeeter
Posted: Jul 3 2013, 03:07 PM

Middle Class
Group Icon

The very notion of being somehow in charge of ones husband's actions was entirely foreign to Martha and her eyes briefly went wide at the thought. She had never, ever been able to control a thing Maxwell did: true, there had been occasions when she had been able to subtly lead him towards a certain path but she was under no illusion that if Maxwell objected to her idea then he wouldn't take them into account at all.

The thought that this young girl, because that was all she was really, might have any power over her husband was a rather challenging one for Martha. And being pregnant too!

"At least promise me you live nearby?" She enquired with as much subtly as she could manage. It certainly wasn't usual for any woman that she knew in Bartonburg to behave in such a way and rather than being horrified, as Martha vaguely acknowledged she probably should be, she was instead fascinated. "I would hate to think of anyone having to travel so far in your condition."

She shook her head at herself and laughed quietly.

"Goodness I make it sound like an ailment don't I?

She had never known the feeling of being without money or having to work especially hard for it. Max worked hard, of that she had no doubt, but he was hardly going down the mines to source their income and as much as some of her sons would like to believe that they were hard done by they had never had to struggle for anything that really mattered!

--------------------
user posted image
set by Bex
Abraham Aesalon
Posted: Jul 3 2013, 03:17 PM

Group Icon

She chuckled along with the woman and nodded. "Bartonburg isn't terribly far. I'll probably stop off at work and floo home if my boss isn't too angry with me." Granted Devon was really nice to her. In fact he paid her and all of his employees more than they needed considering the skill level their jobs took. Not that she was complaining, however. She was happy with her five galleons a week. It coupled with Eze's three would be plenty to hire a maid and nanny for them so she was very much pleased about that.

"Heavens knows I'm used to walking everywhere though. I don't have the..." She stopped off. "Well I can't get around as quickly as some in Hogsmeade, suffice it to say." She didn't know how it would sound if she just announced that she was a squib. Most people didn't like squibs too much and it was odd that one should be among the magical folk. Most were sent off with muggles to integrate themselves into that lifestyle. Not Abe, however. She was always with her magical family. Only now it wasn't as hurtful to be such. Hell, she was even carrying a babe that would one day use magic more likely than not.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
About Abe
GORGEOUS SET BY LOLA<3

Pregnancy Ticker

Martha Skeeter
Posted: Jul 11 2013, 07:15 AM

Middle Class
Group Icon

What the young woman didn’t have Martha was quite sure she would never find out. The strangely dressed woman – well, girl really – reminded her oddly of her sister and she knew quite well that the moment Maria felt as though she had said too much about one of the few subjects she considered taboo for conversation then it was impossible to get almost any conversation out of her. Her imagination hummed though; it had been a long time since she’d been sheltered under the mantle of Bagshot but the flights of fancy that her parents had always encouraged had never entirely left her.

Martha chastised herself though. There was nothing extraordinary here. Pregnancy, to Martha’s mind, was the sort of thing that one looked back on fondly but she remembered all too well the feeling of being the size of a house and waddling around coupled with the mad thought that somehow the physical limitation would never go away. During her first she’d been convinced she’d never feel like herself again and cried in secret almost every day.

“It won’t be forever, trust me,” she smiled kindly. “Is it your first?”

--------------------
user posted image
set by Bex
Abraham Aesalon
Posted: Jul 11 2013, 10:25 PM

Group Icon

At the woman's question her stomach went over her belly and she smiled. With each passing moment she was getting more and more used to the idea that she was really going to have a child. "Yes, this is my first. A bit unexpected but I'm not completely opposed to the idea. Not that it'd matter if I was." She gave a slight chuckle. She had - surprisingly - never really thought of getting rid of the child in some way. Though she'd never thought to be a mother and certainly never wanted to be one, when she was posed with the fact that she would have a child she hadn't at all thought of ways to get rid of it. Or of pawning it off on someone when it was born.

No, she'd always accepted that it would be her child. And what had first been just nerves had slowly been growing into some form of excitement. Especially now that she knew she and Eze were going to be in it together. They were going to raise Spawn together and they were going to be a couple. "It's more than a bit scary but I'm more used to the idea now that it's almost here..." Just two more months and she'd have a baby to care for.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
About Abe
GORGEOUS SET BY LOLA<3

Pregnancy Ticker

Martha Skeeter
Posted: Jul 12 2013, 02:12 PM

Middle Class
Group Icon

Martha smiled at that, quite recognising the feelings that the girl was speaking of. She had always been preparing to be a mother, had always wanted children of her own but the knowledge, sudden and inescapable as it was, that she would soon have a little person that was half hers to look after had been rather more terrifying than she had anticipated. Still, it seemed to be something of a tradition that the initiated mother’s didn’t give away the secrets to those about to have their first borns and she wondered how the poor girl would feel if she knew that the fear never went away entirely. There was always something new to worry about with the rearing of children but Martha instead just kept her smile aloof and indulgent.

“The moment you hold it for the first time you’ll love it so fiercely you’ll forget what it was to be opposed to anything.”

She broke off a piece of her biscuit and threw it to the ducks that were hovering nearby and watched them swarm towards her. She supposed the sensation of seeing something like that coming towards you en masse wasn’t entirely different to the fear she remembered during her first pregnancy. The feeling that something was amassing and hurtling towards her at a speed she couldn’t prevent and with wants and needs she felt ill-equipped to serve. Still, she’d had Max and the nanny and surreptitiously she glanced towards the girl and wondered whether she would have anyone to help her. Presumably she had a husband and she had said she lived in Bartonburg, but her dress suggested a lack of respectability that made Martha wonder whether she was able to afford such a luxury as a nanny.

“You’ll see,” she raised her eyebrows and smiled at the width of the girl’s stomach. “And soon I expect.”

--------------------
user posted image
set by Bex
Abraham Aesalon
Posted: Jul 24 2013, 11:11 PM

Group Icon

The woman's words made her smile. She hoped that was the case. She'd hate to have Spawn get there and her not feel any connection to it. What if she felt nothing for the babe? What if it was just a scary, screeching, smelly thing to her and nothing more? What if she couldn't love it? The idea was positively frightening that she couldn't love the very life she and Eze had made together. She wasn't an overly sentimental person - she knew that - and she hoped that fact wouldn't make her immune to the charms of a life that had been sparked in one of the best moments of her life. She loved Eze - even when he was a fool. She only hoped that the fact that Spawn was theirs would mean she'd love it as she ought to.

"Far too soon if you ask me." She said with an uneasy chuckle. She didn't think she was ready to have a child yet. She was only recently seventeen, after all. She was still young herself. She wouldn't go as far to call herself a child but she was only just starting to stop being quite as surly as she used to be. Only just starting to feel more normal after five years of hating everything because she was a squib. Was she ready to be a mother? No. Not by any stretch of the imagination. She could only hope that she wouldn't be terrible at it, something she was certain she would be.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
About Abe
GORGEOUS SET BY LOLA<3

Pregnancy Ticker

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free

» Options » Reply » New Topic

• Affiliates
  • Topsites
Affiliates

Aeterna Roma  The Vow

Keep the Magic Secret Distant Fantasies 

Priori Incantatem Forsilvra: An Original Fantasy RPG HOS The Beginning HG Rayven's Reign: A  Fantasy Roleplaying Forum

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0963 seconds · Archive