07.01 07.15 Student Staff Applications
07.10 Thread Roulette
07.13 Maroc's Greek Mythology Costume Ball
07.31 Student Staff Announced
07.01 07.31 July Writing Challenge
07.01 07.31 Posting Wizard of the Month
NEWS
07.25 @ 10:07am
Reminder: Posting and new registration abilities will be turned OFF tomorrow 07/26 at 6pm CST as we begin the moving process. The cbox will still work - you can check there for updates or our tumblr.

07.23 @ 6:13pm
In preparation for the move, all active Coming Out Ball threads have been moved to The Past forum.

07.21 @ 12:07pm
Just a reminder that we are moving in 5 days! If this is news to you, read up on it here! Posting Wizard signups for August are now open!

07.15 @ 11:19pm
The deactivations for the July activity check have been completed with list cleanup underway; for reactivations, please post in Maintenence.

07.10 @ 10:25am
This month's thread roulette pairings have been posted!

07.07 @ 11:54am
Check out our latest newsletter for some big news!

07.01 @ 9:28am
We are now in the month of July. Congrats to Beanie and Lauren, who won posting wizard of June with 82 and 132 posts respectively!

Reply New Topic

21 February 1882
Daily Prophet
Posted: Feb 21 2012, 09:22 AM

"REPORTING SUBJECTIVELY SINCE BEFORE YOU WERE BORN."

Group: Daily Prophet
Member No.: 293

DAILY PROPHET
FEBRUARY 21ST 1882
WIDOW FEARS FOR CHILDREN
MRS. WAKEFIELD WORRIES VAN HELSING MAY BE A DANGER TO HER CHILDREN
user posted image

Not everyone is comforted by the presence of a vampire hunter and his family in our fair village. Miranda Wakefield, recently widowed vampire, claims that she fears that Mr. Van Helsing will "not show proper discretion in his hunts." Within the last year, Mrs. Miranda Wakefield has become a wife, a mother, and a widow. She claims that all she wishes for her future is "a quiet life where I can raise my children without fear."

Mrs. Wakefield, who appears seventeen, reminds us that she has reason to fear that an "inappropriate stigma" should be attached to her children. "Since September I have been falsely accused twice, first for my husband's disappearance and then later for the murder of a man I had never met. I did not wish to be so visible a citizen, but it seems that whenever vampires are mentioned that I am the first one that the paper thinks of. All I wish is to be left alone to raise my children. Levi and Lottie are innocent, and little Elpis -- _____________________________________________________________
a human relative of my husband's whom I have adopted -- does not have so much as a trace of vampire blood. Yet I find I fear for him as much as I do for my own offspring. Who is to say that simply being raised by a vampire is not enough tarnish to attract Mr. Van Helsing? After all, there is only one crime recently perpetrated by a vampire -- the murder of Mr. Richard Young in early December. If one reported death is enough to draw Mr. Van Helsing here, how else might he overreact to even the most innocent vampiric presence?"

More than that, Mrs. Wakefield claims that Mr. Van Helsing should not be accepted nor praised for his occupation. "Vampires are classified as Beings and regulated by the Ministry of Magic. If there is a problem with a vampire in Hogsmeade, then let it be dealt with properly, by aurors and other Ministry officials. Vigilante vampire hunters should be shunned as murders, not praised as heros."

Written by Yente Ventus

THIS TEMPLATE WAS CREATED BY ASHOO! OF CAUTION 2.0. DO NOT REMOVE THIS CREDIT OR SHE WILL SEND SCARY MAN EATING CLOWNS AFTER YOU IN YOUR SLEEP.

* written by Emily

--------------------
user posted image
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Options Reply New Topic

• Affiliates
  • Topsites
Affiliates

Aeterna Roma  The Vow

Keep the Magic Secret Distant Fantasies 

Priori Incantatem Forsilvra: An Original Fantasy RPG HOS The Beginning HG Rayven's Reign: A  Fantasy Roleplaying Forum

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1155 seconds | Archive