Rules & Regulations
UWE Roleplaying Rules & Tips
- Do not spam. All spam belongs in the Members Realm forum.
- Do not post in all CAPS.
- Do not advertise other websites. To adversite you need 50 non-spam posts and moderator approval.
- Before your advertisement appears a staff member will approve it first. If your request to advertise is approved your advertisement will appear soon after it has been approved. Your advertisement may take awhile to appear so do not re-post it or else we will reject your request.
- Do not advertise through private messages/emails. Doing so results in an automatic ban. We have spies on the forum.
- Do not swear or curse towards forum members. Swearing and cursing is tolerable to a certain extent, but remember that there are younger forum members.
- Do not post nudity or sexual topics/pictures/links to any pornography. Doing so results in an automatic ban.
- Do not post grotesque content/images. Doing so results in an automatic ban.
- Do not fight with the forum staff. Arguing, especially over the internet, is pointless.
- Respect others.
- Do not try to be a moderator or staff member. The staff are here for a reason. I hired them to take care of fights, spam etc. It is okay to offer advice to others, but do not be condescending or a mini-moderator.
- Do not troll, provoke, or harass others.
- Do not whine to staff about things happening off of the forum I.E. harrassment over Windows Live Messenger or Skype.
- There is a minimum of 1 roleplay and a maximum of 3 roleplays per person if they are booked for a card (if you make more than 3 roleplays please label which roleplays you want judged, or number the roleplays in the topic description). Do not expect a match on the following card if you no show without a valid excuse. Matches are only given to people who deserve them.
- If you are unable to roleplay please inform a moderator or a staff member.
- Do not interfere in other people's roleplays or promos unless you asked the person who wrote the roleplay and promo beforehand. You need approval from others.
- Don't include people in your roleplays or promos unless you have permission from the person (and they know what you are doing).
- The edit button is your friend.
- Do no plagiarize or steal ideas from others. Copying is frowned upon. We like originality!
- When your character is talking in roleplays make sure that we, the reader, can tell the difference between actions in roleplays and speech in roleplays.
- Space out your roleplays! Don't make it all one big block of text. Make proper paragraphs and complete sentences.
- It is reccomended that you write roleplays and promos often. If you don't you may not be given a match or you may be removed from the UWE roster with or without notice.
- Have fun and add some sense into your roleplay or promo!
- Some "risky" content (I.E. cursing, kissing, stripping etc.) is allowed, but just don't over do it with full-blown sex or adult content. Remember that we have younger forum members.
- Please notify the admins or moderators of any kind of foul play or unnecessary behaviour if encountered or if it is directed towards you.
- There is a 100 line limit for match roleplays. There is a limit on 3 roleplays and promos in the Roleplay & Promos section, per show, but no line limit for roleplays other than match roleplays.
- Quality over quantity. It doesn't matter how long your roleplay is, just as long as it isn't too short (like 10 lines), but we prefer quality writing. Don't try to stretch your roleplay out or make it longer for no reason at all other than to make it a big roleplay.
The matchcard for After Hours is posted on Thursday. The roleplay deadline is usually Wednesday at Midnight (Central Standard Time: UTC-6 or Greenwich Mean Time: GMT-6, is most likely always the deadline) and the show results should be posted on Thursday.
The matchcard for Rapture is posted on Monday. The roleplay deadline is usually Saturday at Midnight (Central Standard Time: UTC-6 or Greenwich Mean Time: GMT-6, is most likely always the deadline) and the show results should be posted on Sunday.
Below is a warning point system. Disobeying the rules will lead to the accumulation of warning points and ultimately a lifetime suspension. Each kind of warning will lead to points being added to your warning guage. The guage starts at 0, for everybody, but ends at 5 (after 5 you are banned). Below is the key:
- Excessive cursing, disobeying spam and post requirment rules = 1 Point
- Racial, sexist, or homophobic comments said to someone = 2 Points.
- Fighting with staff after being warned not too= 3 Points
- Advertising in wrong section knowingly or not having the proper amount of posts = 4 Points
- Posting Nude/Grotesque images/links leads to an automatic ban aka 5 Points or more.
If a person recieves 4 points they are banned for 24 hours. 5 Points or more = Ban for Life. No questions asked.
Thank you for reading.
Nate, UWE Owner and Head-Admin