Title: Richard Beaufort
Description: (All the King's men)
Richard Beaufort - September 27, 2011 01:44 PM (GMT)
Name: Richard Beaufort
Canon or Original: Original
Date of Birth: 1501
Title, Occupation, or Both: Sheriff of Leicestershire, Steward of the Royal Guard
Parents: Steven Beaufort, Lady Eloise Neville
Other Important Relatives: John Neville, the Nevilles of Northcumberland.
Physical Features: Dark blue eyes, Light Brown Hair, 5’10”, 185 lbs
Face Claim: Ewan McGregor
Born in Leicestershire, on February 18, 1501. During his formative years, Richard was taught everything from languages to the military arts. As the eldest, he was groomed to succeed his father. Richard became a man of good standing at Leicestershire and Sheriff of the county. In this position, Richard was in charge of peace and order as well as enforcing the taxes of the King. His duties took him from Leicestershire to the English court and reported directly to the Privy Council. When at court, he serves as his Majesty’s Steward of the Royal Guard and also many times is charged to guard her highness the Queen, the Royal Princess and foreign dignitaries.
Richard is a man with high scruples and sense of duty. Although compassionate, he does not hesitate to use any means necessary to fulfill his duty to the King and Country. Be it bribery, threats and even blackmail, whatever it took to accomplish the goals. A good swordsman and soldier, he was involved in the War against France, where he served under the Duke of Norfolk and Lord Admiral Thomas Howard. His status as a commoner and methods gained him a lot of friends among the people, but also many enemies among the nobles as well. Always a shrew man, he stirs clear of the intrigues surrounding the Court as much as he can. Always careful, Beaufort likes to play the cards close to the chest.
One of Richard’s weaknesses is the Ladies of the Court. Actually, ladies in general. Even though always serious about his duty, some times he neglects it in favor of a wandering eye and a welcoming bed for the ladies. This became the talk of lesser courtiers and servants in the Court. Many even go as far as saying that he could be manipulated by a pretty face. And they are not far from the truth.
Another weakness is his insurmountable gambling and as consequence, his debts. Richard loved to gamble and although many a times he breaks even, other times he lost heavy amounts of money. This put him all the time in a pickle, as it is use by his enemies, accusing him of corruption when collecting taxes in order to pay his gambling debts. It also makes him look for ways to pay those debts. These accusations were not true, but many gossips rose about it. He was also a little on the arrogant side, although he did not show it in public.
Richard is not a religious man. His family were Catholics from the North, but for him that did not matter. He is loyal to the King, the Queen and the Royal Princess. In fact, Richard was a rabid supporter of the Queen, Katherine, because he thought she was the most beautiful and regal woman he had ever seen. Perhaps too much for his own good...
Richard Beaufort - February 2, 2012 03:27 PM (GMT)
- Was appointed Sheriff of Leicestershire and Steward of the Guard for King Henry and the Royal Family.
- Visited Calais.
- Ordered to escort the lady Henriette de Longwy back to Whitehall. What happened next was not part of the plan.
- At Heddingham, after his night with Lady de Longwy, Richard got lost in a maze and was .rescued by a very pregnant Agnes of Northleach.
- After bringing Lady de Longwy to Whitehall, her former husband, Thomas Cromwell, had a chat with Richard concerning some problems in Leicestershire. The two men will work together... an awkward situation.
- Ooops, they did it again. Henriette and Richard part two.
- Richard goes to meet Princess Annabella Steward as part of his orders to serve as an escort and guard for the Princess.
- Ordered to escort from Hedingham to Whitehall Lady de Longwy, Princess Cordelia and Cristiana de Medici. He was sent with Master Cromwell to pick them up.
* Hosted for free by InvisionFree