Title: The HMD Post
Description: So how IS my Driving?
Arthur Kirkland - July 21, 2010 02:12 AM (GMT)
HMD stands for "How's My Driving?". This is the place to seek and give critique on your characterization and roleplay.
1. You may submit either a general HMD or a specific HMD. Try to specify which it is in your post.
- Are you asking for critique on the way you handled your character in one particular instance? If so, that is a specific HMD and you should refer to the post, quote it if you like.
- Are you just asking for critique on the way you play your character in general? If so, that is a general HMD.
2. Stay civil.
- There is a difference between critique and rudeness. We trust you as players to use your noggin on this one, and you should respect us as admins and mods to know when enough is enough.
- This is an example of a good critique post. "I think that you made England out to be a little too moe-y. I have personally played the character myself for several months, and I have gotten a lot of positive feedback from playing him with more of a cranky old man feel to him. Maybe you should try that?"
- This is good example of a bad critique post. "England isn't a whiny ass bitch like you play him. That was really stupid."
3. If you have experience playing this character or a similar character, please state your experience and perhaps tell them what you would have done differently, as well as your reasoning for making them that way.
4. Canon is key and the burden of proof is on you.
- If you are going to assert that, for instance, Spain is not a yandere character, you must provide evidence, at least a little. In this case I would say 'he has never shown violent or aggressive tendencies towards others in canon unless there was a good, sane reason for it, and he has not shown himself to fly off the handle. For instance, in [blah blah this strip] he had the chance to strike at [blah] but did not. He did fight [blah] in this strip but that was only because [blah] did [blah]. So I don't think there was a reason for making Spain beat Russia's head in because he asked him for the time of day.'
Arthur Kirkland - August 7, 2010 03:38 AM (GMT)
Alrighty then, opening a general HMD for myself.
Nothing else to say really.
Gilbert Weillschmidt - September 7, 2010 03:26 PM (GMT)
A general HMD post for the awesome me! Don't pull any punches with this one folks, because when I first began to RP Prussia I characterised him through fanfiction and assumptions on his history and I never had anyone criticise me on how I play him (although as people don't seem too annoyed with how I play him I guess I'm doing decently?)
Anyway: criticise away \o don't pull any punches! *Pats chest* Lay 'em on me.
Antonio Carriedo - November 29, 2010 03:19 AM (GMT)
Opening a general HMD for myself~ I'm still pretty new to rp-ing as Spain, so let me have it! (Politely though 'kay thanks. =3=)
Matthew Williams - February 2, 2011 09:58 PM (GMT)
General HMD post for me too~ I haven't played Canada long, and I'd very much like to improve in general, please and thanks.
Ludwig Beilschmidt - February 7, 2011 02:46 PM (GMT)
Opening a general HMD for myself!
I've been pretty much playing Germany since I got into playing with Hetalia, and there are probably things that I include in my headcanon that some people disagree with. However, I'm completely open to critiques - on my characterization or on my writing skills. I always like to try my best at things :]
Aidan Kirkland - February 23, 2011 06:15 AM (GMT)
General HMD for myself too, mostly because, I'm impressed with how everyone plays everyone else, and I, uh, can't really complain or critique anyone at this point. D8
I have...never played Scotland before, actually, and what I know of culture comes from the stereotypes of MANLY DRUNKEN RAGE-FILLED GINGER type things. (Like Ireland as far as I can tell, but with moar plaid. And golf.). Still, I learn fast as I go along, and so far, I haven't seemed to screw up too horribly, I don't think...I dunno, what say you people?