Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Hair Care Family. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Hair Care
Family Forums

Backup Forums
~ The Hair Care Family Forums ~

~ Welcome to The Hair Care Family Forums ~
Hair Care & Beauty are our main topics, however we have
family friendly forums for just about any topic you wish to
discuss. If you would like to get to know us better please
feel free to join. We'll do our best to keep our home clean
& friendly. We hope we can learn & share with you.
Be sure to read our
Rules & Rights
If you register please remember to check
your email to complete your registration.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Imagine all the people living life in peace... You may say
I'm a dreamer, but Im not the only one, I hope some day
you'll join us, And the world will live as one." -- John Lennon

"Strangers are just the family you have yet come to know"
-- movie "The Five People You Meet In Heaven"

Reciprocal Links

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Allure, Discussion Thread
PurpleBubba
Posted: Feb 11 2007, 01:39 AM

Family Founder
Group Icon

Group: Administrative Host / Hostess
Member No.: 1

I have all recent issues up to February 2007. If anyone else would like to discuss something or point something out or ask me about something? Etc.

Actaully I've avoided saying this for a while but after some multiple dealings on Ebay I have all Allure issues that have been made since the start in March 1991 except for 5 issues.

I am only missing these from my collection.
December 1991
December 1995
February & October 1998
April 1999

And because of the many months of obsessing over getting so many magazines I haven't been as chatty about them. I've been a bit burnt out.

But if anyone would like to ask about any of those issues that I have let me know.
PurpleBubba
Posted: Jun 2 2007, 02:04 PM

Family Founder
Group Icon

Allure - U.S. Edition

June 2007 Issue

Ok the cover says "The Perfect New Haircut - Simple, neat, and a breath of fresh air"
Let's see...........
Oh what a surprise. The perfect cut is a bob.

I agree that bobs are versatile and can be done many ways. But I don't agree with calling it "New". It's almost 100 years old.
However a bob is a great option for anyone who ever has an urge for something shorter but may want to grow out again and prefers a one length long look. Most bobs are near one length. However what surprises me is that they aren't talking about the inverted bobs with the short backs. Maybe those are now considered out of style or the magazine world hasn't noticed the trend?
PurpleBubba
Posted: Jun 26 2007, 08:12 PM

Family Founder
Group Icon

The July issue of Allure came today.
Liv Tyler is on the cover but I'm having a hard time recognizing her.

On the cover they have a headline for "Humidity Proof Hair" and then when I turn to the article the headline is "Natural Resources - Give peace a chance by loving, not fighting, your hair's inherent texture."

I haven't read it yet but hopefully it's the decent article that it sounds like it could be.
Although next month they'll probably say fry it and tease it and load with gunk.
PurpleBubba
Posted: Jul 26 2007, 09:12 PM

Family Founder
Group Icon

I now have the August issue of Allure, US edition.

Catherine Zeta-Jones is on the cover. She's been on the cover a few times before but I think I like this one the best.

The cover says "Get Sexy Hair" and tells about an at home blow out how to. I looked at the article and it looked like a decent one.

The 101 section this month is for ponytails. They give instructions for a ponytails where you take a small piece of hair and wrap it around the band. They also show how to curl it to get the curls on the ends of the tail. It involves a curling iron.

They have a multi page section of Hair Awards where they say which celebrity has the best of a certain kind of hair. For example they said Julianne Moore was the best red. Most of the celebs have longer hair. Audrey Tatou got Best Short. Then they have a page showing some of the vintage celebs like Audrey Hepburn and Farrah.

Then they have a couple page article saying short hair is in.

Then the next pages after that feature a model with longer hair doing a shoot to show off lipsticks. It's like a long hair sandwich with short hair filling.
PurpleBubba
Posted: Sep 6 2007, 01:51 AM

Family Founder
Group Icon

The Allure for September came days ago but I'm just not in any hurry to take it out of the package. It has Britney Spears on the cover. Ever since I found out she was going to be on the cover I've been turned off by this issue. So unless someone has something they wish to discuss from this issue I'll probably leave it ignored at least until the next issue comes.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Magazine Discussion | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

~ Shortcut Button Menu ~

Charity Site Links

Note: Clicking these buttons will only take you to their sites. These do not
count as clicks, you still have to click the buttons on their individual sites.

If you like our site you can Bookmark or share it using this button

Visitor Counter
free web 

tracker

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 1.0279 seconds | Archive