zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to The Hair Care Family. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Hair Care
Family Forums

Backup Forums
~ The Hair Care Family Forums ~

~ Welcome to The Hair Care Family Forums ~
Hair Care & Beauty are our main topics, however we have
family friendly forums for just about any topic you wish to
discuss. If you would like to get to know us better please
feel free to join. We'll do our best to keep our home clean
& friendly. We hope we can learn & share with you.
Be sure to read our
Rules & Rights
If you register please remember to check
your email to complete your registration.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Imagine all the people living life in peace... You may say
I'm a dreamer, but Im not the only one, I hope some day
you'll join us, And the world will live as one." -- John Lennon

"Strangers are just the family you have yet come to know"
-- movie "The Five People You Meet In Heaven"

Reciprocal Links

Forum Rules * The Hair Care Family's Rules & Rights *

Hi From Sunny South Africa
MerryKat
Posted: Sep 26 2006, 07:58 AM

200 - 299 Posts - Scrunchie
Group Icon

Group: 200 - 299 Posts - Scrunchie
Member No.: 188

Hi all
I am here as a direct result of reading Robert's wonderful journal entries on another site.

I have been actively growing my hair for a year now and in that time I have cut about 7" of colour & perm damaged hair off. I have about 10" of badly damaged hair to cut off, but I am doing small (1/4") trims every couple of months to achieve this. I have about another 10" of coloured but not too badly damaged hair that I would also like to eventually cut off.

I have been growing out my natural hair (not sure of the colour after 6 years of colouring) with my silver sparkles since 1st June 2006.

I have been following a Water Only regime since the 28th April and my hair loves it. I do as well as it is soooo simple.

My hair is currently 23" and my goal is classic (42" on me) virgin hair. I have wavy hair with a perm on the bottom 10".

I am a 33 year old happily married (to the most amazing man in the world), secretary (with a great boss), mother of 2 beautiful boys (8 1/2 years and 2 years old). I also have 3 furbabies - 2 rescued street cats and a pedigree Maine Coon.

I think that is me in a nutshell.
Messyhair
Posted: Sep 26 2006, 02:21 PM

1250 - 1499 Posts - Flower Bands
Group Icon

Group: 1250 - 1499 Posts - Flower Bands
Member No.: 121

Hello and welcome!!

I have two kitties, one of which looks like a tiny Maine Coon. :) Classic is an awesome goal - keep up the good work!
PurpleBubba
  Posted: Sep 26 2006, 03:59 PM

Family Founder
Group Icon

Group: Administrative Host / Hostess
Member No.: 1

Welcome To The Family Sister :)

Here's a nice comfy chair if you need one. :chair:

Glad you found your way over.

Here's a welcome bouquet

@}->->- @}->->- @}->->- -<-<-{@ -<-<-{@ -<-<-{@

Here's your mug :mug:
and the rest of the goodies :rainbow: :flower: :flowers: :pheart: :Miracle Happy Hair Pills:

It's nice to have you here MerryKat. Thank you for the intro.

I am Robert / PurpleBubba from Michigan. I've been visiting & participating at hair care boards for about 6 years. I'm also a former cosmetology student. (800 of 1500 hours)
I'm one of the Co-Administrators and creator of the site.

But you probably know that.
Thank you for reading my journal. I'll be sure to catch up on yours. I haven't read yours as much as others. But I do like to keep track of how the "Family" is doing so I'll be reading from now on. :)

I did a quick glance of your journal and photo journal and your hair is very pretty. I agree with what you said about how a lot of people are pounded into believing that you have to use tools or chemicals.

You are very talented with the updos you have done. Lots of variety.

Your trimming plan seems to be working well for you. I'm glad you found a washing method you like.

Good luck with your progress. :luck:

As far as the site take your time. There's tons of stuff but nothing is too overloaded in one spot so you can catch up. Feel free to answer old topics.

Feel free to make yourself at home. I like ideas and I welcome feedback. The site has gone through many changes as a result of feedback.

If you know some people who might like something here you're all welcome to invite.
If you need help with anything just let us know.
:pheart:
Georgy
Posted: Sep 26 2006, 05:47 PM

Administrative Hostess
Group Icon

Group: Administrative Host / Hostess
Member No.: 80

Hi and welcome to the family! :flowers:
wannabecurly
Posted: Sep 27 2006, 01:47 PM

1000 - 1249 Posts - French Twist Comb
Group Icon

Group: 1000 - 1249 - French Twist Comb
Member No.: 71

Welcome MerryKat. :D
SchnauzerMom
Posted: Sep 27 2006, 07:58 PM

1250 - 1499 Posts - Flower Bands
Group Icon

Group: 1250 - 1499 Posts - Flower Bands
Member No.: 167

Hi and welcome! Glad you could join us. :yes:
MerryKat
Posted: Mar 29 2007, 07:19 AM

200 - 299 Posts - Scrunchie
Group Icon

Group: 200 - 299 Posts - Scrunchie
Member No.: 188

As it has been ages since I posted - work got in the way and I was having problems accessing sites - I decided to a "Hi Again" post.

I thought I would update my info a bit since my first post:

OLD - I have been actively growing my hair for a year now and in that time I have cut about 7" of colour & perm damaged hair off. I have about 10" of badly damaged hair to cut off, but I am doing small (1/4") trims every couple of months to achieve this. I have about another 10" of coloured but not too badly damaged hair that I would also like to eventually cut off.

UPDATE - I cut of another 5cm (about 2') of damage in January which took me back to 58cm (about 23'). I have not been doing monthly trims as I was getting too enthusiastic each time!

OLD - I have been growing out my natural hair (not sure of the colour after 6 years of colouring) with my silver sparkles since 1st June 2006.

UPDATE - I went mad and had highlights done in February (they just lightened my natural colour). I love it as it blends all the different colours together. I will probably not do it again as the damage to the ends (which were very damaged already) was horrendous. I cut of a chunk at the end of Feb to try and get rid of the worst of the damage and have not measured since, so I have no idea what the length is now.

OLD - I have been following a Water Only regime since the 28th April and my hair loves it. I do as well as it is soooo simple.

UPDATE - I fell off of the Water Only in December and have tried all sorts since then. I am basically back to CO once a week. I cover my hair with conditioner when I get home from work and clip it up. I then wash it out about 3 hours later and my hair feels great. I am back using silicone leave-in products as they really help the wild fly away hair. (it is also easier for me than some of the natural products I was using.

OLD - My hair is currently 23" and my goal is classic (42" on me) virgin hair. I have wavy hair with a perm on the bottom 10".

UPDATE - My hair is probably still around 23' (with a few more fringe layers in the front - I tried a long side swept fringe, but that was also a pain, so it got ditched). I would still LOVE classic hair, but at the moment would just settle for waist length (with perm / highlighted ends).
LilyMunster
Posted: Mar 30 2007, 10:10 AM

800 - 899 Posts - Fake-arre Clip
Group Icon

Group: 800 - 899 - Fake-arre Clip
Member No.: 104

Hi MerryKat
I could not do WO either. Plus, I love trying new products. I too, cut back to 23 inches to get the worst of the damage gone. I am already at 34 and it doesn't take long.
Good to see you here!!!
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | ~ The Front Door ~ Introductions | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

~ Shortcut Button Menu ~

Charity Site Links

Note: Clicking these buttons will only take you to their sites. These do not
count as clicks, you still have to click the buttons on their individual sites.

If you like our site you can Bookmark or share it using this button

Visitor Counter
free web 

tracker

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.7833 seconds | Archive