InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to The Dismal Swamp. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

For Those Who Have Had An Encounter, What Effect Did It Have On You?
LostintheWilderness
Posted: Apr 2 2010, 09:12 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 29

I've never had an actual sighting, but have read many accounts of those who did. I'd like to hear from those of you who have had an encounter, whether a sighting or sounding or whatever, with Bigfoot. Please describe the effect it had on you, especially regarding whether or not you wanted to ever go out into the woods again and how you coped/are coping with any trauma.

I've had some personal issues with fear since becoming aware of Bigfoot as a possibility in my area. I'm not convinced Bigfoot is always benign, but that's not the issue here, it's how you coped once you were "enlightened."
ganglian
Posted: Apr 3 2010, 01:41 AM

Karma's back hand

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (LostintheWilderness @ Apr 2 2010, 09:12 PM)
I've never had an actual sighting, but have read many accounts of those who did. I'd like to hear from those of you who have had an encounter, whether a sighting or sounding or whatever, with Bigfoot. Please describe the effect it had on you, especially regarding whether or not you wanted to ever go out into the woods again and how you coped/are coping with any trauma.

I've had some personal issues with fear since becoming aware of Bigfoot as a possibility in my area. I'm not convinced Bigfoot is always benign, but that's not the issue here, it's how you coped once you were "enlightened."

to be blunt, mommy tells yo there ae no monsters, then its looking back at you.........................
have fun with that.....
it isnt pleasant
Bitter Monk
Posted: Apr 3 2010, 02:20 AM

Member No.: 2

I've come to refer to it as staring down the Devil. Some people have it in them and some don't, but regardless of which you're changed for good after the fact.
John Cartwright
Posted: Apr 3 2010, 02:28 AM

Administrator

Member No.: 1

I agree Kev. To a boy, it was a monster standing right in front of me.
Bitter Monk
Posted: Apr 3 2010, 02:54 AM

Member No.: 2

They still are monsters John.
LostintheWilderness
Posted: Apr 3 2010, 04:23 AM

Advanced Member

"...regardless of which you're changed for good after the fact."

Can you give more detail as to what changed? I mean, I know you have to be changed, but what's different? Can you describe it?
PrimadonnaPrimate
Posted: Apr 7 2010, 01:05 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 30

What I saw wasn't a bigfoot, but I imagine the feeling would be the same end result. I had felt like my world was turned upside down and that all the science that I had put complete faith in was just hogwash. I no longer believe in a personal God, or not one that you have conversations with anyway( like a burnig bush), but more of a root source from which everything comes from. My perspective has completely changed. I turned to theoretical physics for answers which only reinforced my impression that we don't really know anything. We are like the Flatlanders walking around in a two dimensional world oblivious to everything around us. I started taking a real hard look at the scientific method and realized it's great for looking at norms but tells you nothing about potential. I think we have painted ourselves into a philosophical corner with our modern day view of religion and science.
John Cartwright
Posted: Apr 7 2010, 01:45 PM

Administrator

Member No.: 1

In my case I don't think it was that difficult to understand. A boy was frightened really bad and as a result a man has problems such as nightmares and phobias. My guess would be some type of PTSD. Psychiatrists have not been a help to me because they are more interested in trying to convince me it never happened then just trying to help me.

PrimadonnaPrimate
Posted: Apr 7 2010, 04:04 PM

Advanced Member

I find psychiatrists to be pretty much useless, personally. And if I insult someone by saying that, let me apologize now, but my opinion remains unchanged. I don't know about you John, but I went through a grief process, then ended up here working out my thoughts on Bigfoot forums. Really, who else are going to be able to talk to? To me, I can deal with a flesh and blood Bigfoot better than any of the other weirdness going on in the world.
southern drawl
Posted: Apr 7 2010, 10:09 PM

Member No.: 26

PrimadonnaPrimate you did not tell specifically what you saw , could you do that for us. I would very much like to know. I have had no definitive sightings of bigfoot or ufos but have had some possible sightings and experiences.
PrimadonnaPrimate
Posted: Apr 7 2010, 11:01 PM

Advanced Member

Here is my case report. It's better if you just read what I submitted. My brother, a couple of neighbors, and I witnessed the same thing:

http://mufoncms.com/cgi-bin/manage_sightin...728031270679622

Mufon called me about 5 minutes after I submitted my report, and came the next day to investigate. Talk about professional!! They have corporate backing from some guy who owns a company that builds airplanes(I think). The guy who interviewed me was retired law enforcement and he knew how to interview you to get the most out of your memory. I wish the bigfoot groups could get backing like that and get organized on a national level like Mufon.

Anyway, they interviewed us all seperately, then together. It seems that what we experienced happened in North Carolina a couple of days before where this man got zapped when he went out to investigate.

Just as an aside, it was not a transformer according to MUFON. All of ours are underground and the nearest sub station is 2 miles away. Two weeks later my brother, who works at the trauma center, had a short conversation with a cop who brought in a prisoner. The cop said he worked dispatch that night and whatever happened to the power set all the alarms off in town. He said the police called the power company(SCEG) and they said power was being drawn off the grid and was causing outages. He also said they got calls from people about the noise and lights up until about 4:00 am and then everything stopped. Their was absolutely nothing on the local news about any of this. My co-worker lives southeast of me on a farm. At 2:30am she was awakened by a noise so loud she thought someone was trying to steal their tractor. She ran outside and could see nothing and could not figure out what made the noise that woke her up.

That was the first time I ever saw anything I couldn't explain and I hope it's the last. I was never into UFO's. There is something about the whole UFO thing that makes my skin crawl. I can deal with bigfoot better than I can the other stuff. Oddly enough, we had the bigfoot sighting a mile from me that previous May. Now I know that this is not a popular concept to tie in BF with UFO's, but honestly, if they are genetically close to us and if we are truly being abducted for genetic experiments, wouldn't it make sense that aliens would be abducting them too?
southern drawl
Posted: Apr 8 2010, 09:09 PM

Member No.: 26

"What I saw wasn't a bigfoot, but I imagine the feeling would be the same end result. I had felt like my world was turned upside down and that all the science that I had put complete faith in was just hogwash."

Wow! I can imagine that the effects would be the same.

"Now I know that this is not a popular concept to tie in BF with UFO's, but honestly, if they are genetically close to us and if we are truly being abducted for genetic experiments, wouldn't it make sense that aliens would be abducting them too? "

I'm in total agreement on that thought. I believe that is the connection and the only connection between UFO's and Bigfoot.

I don't believe in Bigfoot flying saucer aces.:lol:

My UFO experiences consist of only four or five sightings of unknown lights that lasted for just a few seconds.
My only possible Bigfoot experiences consist of the sighting of something running away from me on all fours, that appeared to be odd, that could have just been a dog:a whoop that could have been a human: solid thumps at night against a brick house: a feeling of being watched then hearing heavy breathing at dusk. All could have been something other than Bigfoot.

I'm glad you shared your experiences. Thank you!
PrimadonnaPrimate
Posted: Apr 8 2010, 11:26 PM

Advanced Member

What made me madder than hell was the idea that something thought it could just swoop down over my home at will, and terrorize me in the process. Whether it was extraterrestrial or something experimental of ours, it makes no difference. Now can you imagine how Bigfoot feels when humans come into his domain? I think it's fine to collect evidence if you happen to come across it, but I'm not so sure we ought to be out there stalking them.
LostintheWilderness
Posted: Apr 16 2010, 04:44 AM

Advanced Member

You know, the power of suggestion is pretty real. It can take on dimensions all its own.

Last night I had my first Bigfoot nightmare. I've been reading about this for about a year. I've had some apprehension, but never a nightmare. I had a really scary dream that had nothing to do with Bigfoot, but when I woke I thought I saw the big guy standing in my room. My mind knew it wasn't real, but the fear from the dream carried it for a bit.

I know this was from reading about JC's nightmares, he mentioned that one.

I have scary dreams about once every three years, usually from sinus problems, I think it restricts the blood flow to my brain (not that there's much to restrict to start with). :)
PrimadonnaPrimate
  Posted: Apr 16 2010, 10:40 PM

Advanced Member

LOLOL- pain can cause nightmares. I don't have nightmares about anything but tornadoes. Finally, one got me in a dream about two years ago and I've never had another nightmare since then. Still got plenty of phobias though- claustrophobia and acrophobia. I don't know what to call my fairly new interest in bigfoot, it's probably a result of some kind syndrome I didn't know I had. :lol:
« Next Oldest | General Bigfoot Discussion | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3576 seconds | Archive